Author Topic: Flynn to testify Trump 'directed him to make contact with the Russians': report  (Read 15525 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Do you also wear Enjoli?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q0P94wyBYk

I'm sure I have an old bottle of it floating around in my armoir.

Offline RoosGirl

I'll bet the White House food would be better and healthier, and the sheets cleaner. If that's what
you mean by doing a better job then I agree.

Yes, and the floors would be spotless and it would always smell like fresh baked cookies.

Offline RoosGirl

Ah, revisionist history is not confined to the left.

But we knew that already. ;)

Offline jpsb

Yes, and the floors would be spotless and it would always smell like fresh baked cookies.

Hey my place isn't the White House but it is white, feel free to come over any time.  0005

Offline aligncare

FR was pro-Cruz and pro-Trump until Cruz condemned the Trump campaign (not the
rioters) when a riot broke out in Chicago and a Trump rally had to be cancelled. After that
entirely self serving mischaracterization of the Trump campaign FR turned pro-Trump
and anti-Cruz.

Cruz was not served well by his dirty campaign managers.

I knew of Cruz’s statement after the cancellation of the Chicago Trump rally. I couldn’t believe he actually went there, placing blame on Trump and his supporters and not the rioters.

I wasn’t visiting FR much back then so I didn’t know that event was the tipping point that turned many freepers against Cruz.

An interesting piece of the puzzle, thanks.

Offline Mesaclone

Yes, I am a Yankee. From rural Iowa...not sure that my horrifying “Yankee-ness” outweighs my natural affinity with rural America....be it North or South. Nor does it have anything to do with how I see this issue.

If Moore is ejected from the Senate it won’t just be the Senators who vote for such a thing....it will be the will of the 2/3 of the country’s voters whom they represent (yes I realize the Senate is not directly proportional).

This won’t be tea drinking coastal elites or bourgeois intellectuals dumping the guy...it will be hard working and decent blue collar Americans asserting that our Senate is no place for child molesters. You may disagree with our view on this, but let’s not pretend this is some Washington elites turning on a good Christian man. The guy is a perv. Period.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline corbe

As Trump is screamin 'Get him outta here' and 'I can remember when they removed you on a stretcher for doing that' (disrupting a campaign rally).

Sucker Punch for Trump, Revisionist History INDEED!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

As Trump is screamin 'Get him outta here' and 'I can remember when they removed you on a stretcher for doing that' (disrupting a campaign rally).

Sucker Punch for Trump, Revisionist History INDEED!

What are you talking about here??

Offline skeeter

I knew of Cruz’s statement after the cancellation of the Chicago Trump rally. I couldn’t believe he actually went there, placing blame on Trump and his supporters and not the rioters.

I wasn’t visiting FR much back then so I didn’t know that event was the tipping point that turned many freepers against Cruz.

Not that I want to dive back into that ancient, tedious bit of history but FR was mostly pretty hostile to Cruz well before the Chicago rally. From where I sat.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Yes, I am a Yankee. From rural Iowa...not sure that my horrifying “Yankee-ness” outweighs my natural affinity with rural America....be it North or South. Nor does it have anything to do with how I see this issue.

If Moore is ejected from the Senate it won’t just be the Senators who vote for such a thing....it will be the will of the 2/3 of the country’s voters whom they represent (yes I realize the Senate is not directly proportional).

This won’t be tea drinking coastal elites or bourgeois intellectuals dumping the guy...it will be hard working and decent blue collar Americans asserting that our Senate is no place for child molesters. You may disagree with our view on this, but let’s not pretend this is some Washington elites turning on a good Christian man. The guy is a perv. Period.
There are a lot more ass clowns in the Senate that deserve to be thrown out on their kiesters than Ro Moore. Take Al Frankenstein for example. Or even Pocahontas.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline corbe

@Mesaclone this is the Cruz hate I was talking about over at FR, a smash and grab robbery in a Mall in my old Texas  neighborhood and Surprise:

To: Snickering Hound

Cruz blame Trump yet?

6 posted on ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2017‎ ‎9‎:‎14‎:‎58‎ ‎PM by Extremely Extreme Extremist (10% pure, flat income tax for everyone. No deductions, credits, or loopholes.)

To: Extremely Extreme Extremist

Not yet, trying to find which roadside his wife is at first.

7 posted on ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2017‎ ‎9‎:‎24‎:‎03‎ ‎PM by Reno89519 (PRESIDENT TRUMP, KEEP YOUR PROMISES! NO AMNESTY AND BUILD THAT WALL.)

And some here would tell me the Cruz hate 'there' has been tempered unlike the Trump hate here.

PPPFFFTTT

added link for those so inclined: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3610049/posts

« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 05:14:15 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline aligncare

Not that I want to dive back into that ancient, tedious bit of history but FR was mostly pretty hostile to Cruz well before the Chicago rally. From where I sat.

I guess everyone has a different perception of what exactly happened during a heated primary race and can forgive those who have a unique perspective based on their own political biases.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 02:24:54 pm by aligncare »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
First, the “accusations” have not been proven false...nor, to be fair...have they been proven true. But an election...and even a Senatorial expulsion...is not a trial. If 67 members of the Senate determine any other member is unfit to serve, the Constitution grants them the power to expel. The clause in question give the Senate VERY broad authority to determine what is an expellable offense.

So, while the accusations are not conclusive evidence of guilt in a trial setting, they are nonetheless sufficiently credible for a political determination...a determination which the Constitution itself empowers 67 Senators to make. Just like Franken and Conyers, a POLITICAL determination can and should be made leading to expulsion.

If, as some are saying, such an act will make GOP voters not vote in subsequent elections...because they are insufficiently outraged over a 32 year old prosecutor dating under age teenagers...that is a decision each voter must make from their own conscience. The Senate cannot fail to act in an ethical manner...by expelling such reprobates...because it fears losing votes. Ethics and integrity must override the desire to gain such dubious support IMHO.
The only teenagers who claim to have been 'dated' who are credible are 17 year-olds, and that is above the age of consent in Alabama. NOT "underage". Young, yes, but that has been discussed at length on this forum, and apparently the social amenities were observed, and no sexual contact occurred.

The others have more holes in their stories than rotten cheesecloth, but only one of those claimants was "underage" by the letter of Alabama Law. Your continuous use of "underage" is pejorative, prejudicial, and objectionable.

If the Senate was to eject every member who was demonstrably a crook, they would never reach a quorum. There are only allegations against Moore which have all the substance of smoke when carefully examined.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

I can't believe it either, because Cruz did not blame the rioters outside on Trump. That was a distortion of what the man said, and Cruz said that the rioters bore the responsibility for their own actions. The media twisted that all up to claim Cruz said something he didn't.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

FR was bad before Iowa, but it really got bad after that.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I can't believe it either, because Cruz did not blame the rioters outside on Trump. That was a distortion of what the man said, and Cruz said that the rioters bore the responsibility for their own actions. The media twisted that all up to claim Cruz said something he didn't.

Apparently that only applies when it's said about Trump.

Offline jpsb

Oh really

Online Smokin Joe

Oh really
https://www.redstate.com/absentee/2016/03/12/just-got-real-ted-cruz-blasts-trump-unrest-chicago/

Cruz's statement quoted in the article:
We need to learn to have disagreements without being disagreeable. To have disagreements while respecting human beings on the other side. Earlier today over thirty people were arrested at one rally. And then tonight, as violence broke out, the rally was canceled all together. Now, the responsibility for that lies with protesters who took violence into their own hands.
(bold and underlining mine).

He followed up with a comment about the general tone of Trump's rallies, but that had nothing to do with the Soros backed crap in the streets. If you will recall, people were being attacked for being 'disloyal to Trump' in those rallies. Trump encouraged that from the podium.
But in any campaign responsibility starts at the top. Any candidate who is responsible for the culture of the campaign. And when you have a campaign that disrespects the voters, when you have a campaign that affirmatively encourages violence, when you have a campaign that is facing allegations of physical violence against members of the press, you create an environment that only encourages this sort of nasty discourse.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline Axeslinger

@Smokin Joe

Once the trump-drooling starts, you can’t confuse them with facts, they’re much too smart for that!

:whistle:
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 10:35:59 pm by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline jpsb

A very reasoned response.

I thought so, glad you agree.

Offline corbe

@Smokin Joe

Once the trump-drooling starts, you can’t confuse them with facts, they’re much too smart for that!

:whistle:

Candidate Cruz v2020 will be able to pick off a lot of those disillusioned Trumpers in the next Primary, after all Trump did do what we knew he would do bamboozle the press and destroy the GOP, what more could a good Conservative hope for.

Offline jpsb

Candidate Cruz v2020 will be able to pick off a lot of those disillusioned Trumpers in the next Primary, after all Trump did do what we knew he would do bamboozle the press and destroy the GOP, what more could a good Conservative hope for.

You have got to be crazy. We have our leader and he is fighting the good fight. Rally to Trump or lose your freedom and your country.

Offline Axeslinger

You have got to be crazy. We have our leader and he is fighting the good fight. Rally to Trump or lose your freedom and your country.
Our country was lost the day he won the nomination...
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline corbe

Your the second Briefer in less than 12 hours that has offered me a Strait Jacket @jpsb
   I'm beginning to believe perhaps we are in some diabolical shift with this Super Moon tonight cause I'm usually always Right.