Author Topic: Flynn to testify Trump 'directed him to make contact with the Russians': report  (Read 15532 times)

Offline Fantom

@Mesaclone

Purely conjecture on your part, you don't know this $hit to be true anymore than Cruz's Dad was in on the JFK crap.
   Is FR missing you?

There is that.....  :beer:

trumpansies still gotta' trumpansie..... almost Hillary like in how they hold their fantasies.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 01:16:54 am by Fantom »
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Online corbe

Very Good Points, all of them @Mesaclone and I truly respect your opinion here, I meant no offense to you personally, you've been MIA lately and I forgot how much I usually enjoy your posts. 

Your 'analysis' seems to preclude Trump's unique campaign style, 16 other GOP candidates weren't ready for it, either.

My contention is perhaps had those rust belt Conservatives in Pennsylvania, Michigan and Minnesota not been bombarded by Trump's generated BS for 8 months: 'Lyin' Ted', Goldman Sachs, Birther, Mistresses and Dad in on the JFK assassination they may have given Ted a reasonable look and gotten past that Preacher thing, instead of being convinced by their Master that 'HE' and only 'HE' could fix our problems. We all know hellary was dead woman walking, George Pataki could have beat her.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline aligncare

I've noticed with a lot of Cruz folks...its Cruz or the highway. I can like Cruz as a leader and candidate, and yet see that Trump was a better fit for this election given both the climate and the demographics we faced...there is a time for the "bull in the China shop" and a time for the steadfast conservative intellectual. This election was a street brawl, and without a street brawler we had no chance of stopping Hillary. JUST MY OPINION, so not sure why Corbe feels the need to say I'm full of crap etcetera. I respect his disagreement, but I like to think we're all on the same side here.

I've seen how southern conservatives do in Wisconsin, Michigan and especially Pennsylvania since Reagan...and its generally not great. Those state are full of blue collar middle class folks that don't care so much about Magna Carta, John Locke, and Adam Smith...much less Baptist style preaching...all things Cruz is embodies. Rather, these folks care about jobs and simple concepts like "a wall" and "respecting police and our flag" and "not being dependent on government". To the Left these people are ignorant morons, but what they really are is the embodiment of hard nosed, hard working family folks...real Americans. To many of them, Cruz is an overly educated preacher...a bit of a snob. They see Trump as the champion of their values...a street fighter like they are.

I am not arguing these perceptions to be right or wrong, they simply are...pretending otherwise is often why we lose elections in these rustbelt steps.

Might Cruz have broken that cycle in states like Pennsylvania and Michigan...sure, its possible. Was it far more likely someone like Trump would do so...c'mon, you almost have to admit that much, right?

There will be a time for a more intellectual guy like Cruz to step in to high office...maybe in 2024...but this election just wasn't it IMHO.

Well reasoned. And apparently enough Trump voters agreed with you.

As I said, I like Ted Cruz. But, ask him for the time and he’d give you a preamble explaining how the wrist watch was invented, the history of timekeeping, current trends in time management, why daylight savings time...

But, I just asked the time.

Online corbe

Well reasoned. And apparently enough Trump voters agreed with you.

As I said, I like Ted Cruz. But, ask him for the time and he’d give you a preamble explaining how the wrist watch was invented, the history of timekeeping, current trends in time management, why daylight savings time...

But, I just asked the time.

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline RoosGirl

I've noticed with a lot of Cruz folks...its Cruz or the highway. I can like Cruz as a leader and candidate, and yet see that Trump was a better fit for this election given both the climate and the demographics we faced...there is a time for the "bull in the China shop" and a time for the steadfast conservative intellectual. This election was a street brawl, and without a street brawler we had no chance of stopping Hillary. JUST MY OPINION, so not sure why Corbe feels the need to say I'm full of crap etcetera. I respect his disagreement, but I like to think we're all on the same side here.

I've seen how southern conservatives do in Wisconsin, Michigan and especially Pennsylvania since Reagan...and its generally not great. Those state are full of blue collar middle class folks that don't care so much about Magna Carta, John Locke, and Adam Smith...much less Baptist style preaching...all things Cruz is embodies. Rather, these folks care about jobs and simple concepts like "a wall" and "respecting police and our flag" and "not being dependent on government". To the Left these people are ignorant morons, but what they really are is the embodiment of hard nosed, hard working family folks...real Americans. To many of them, Cruz is an overly educated preacher...a bit of a snob. They see Trump as the champion of their values...a street fighter like they are.

I am not arguing these perceptions to be right or wrong, they simply are...pretending otherwise is often why we lose elections in these rustbelt steps.

Might Cruz have broken that cycle in states like Pennsylvania and Michigan...sure, its possible. Was it far more likely someone like Trump would do so...c'mon, you almost have to admit that much, right?

There will be a time for a more intellectual guy like Cruz to step in to high office...maybe in 2024...but this election just wasn't it IMHO.

The folks in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania must be pretty damn dumb if Cruz can win Iowa after explaining to the corn farmers there why their subsidies should be gone.

Offline Frank Cannon

The folks in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania must be pretty damn dumb if Cruz can win Iowa after explaining to the corn farmers there why their subsidies should be gone.

Bitch please.

MAGA!!!!

Silver Pines

Just look around to where @CatherineofAragon is hanging out.

@Frank Cannon

And you'll be right behind, because you're too damn nosy.  Now I think I'll go find a Moore thread.

Offline RoosGirl

Bitch please.

MAGA!!!!

I wasn't the one who brought it up, just trying to follow the logic.

Online corbe

All this anticipation about all this upcoming 'Winning' has made me double my Valiums intake.

! No longer available
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 01:45:02 am by corbe »

Offline Fantom

@Frank Cannon

And you'll be right behind, because you're too damn nosy.  Now I think I'll go find a Moore thread.

Should be a lot Moore, when this decent Conservative gets elected to the Senate.  :seeya:

BTW.. the nosy comment was danged funny!.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 01:50:52 am by Fantom »
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Silver Pines

Should be a lot Moore, when this decent Conservative gets elected to the Senate.  :seeya:

BTW.. the nosy comment was danged funny!.

@Fantom

Thanks! 

It's going to be interesting when Moore gets into the Senate and sponsors Bring Your Underage Daughter To Work Day. 

Offline Fantom

@Fantom

Thanks! 

It's going to be interesting when Moore gets into the Senate and sponsors Bring Your Underage Daughter To Work Day.

@CatherineofAragon

You're welcome.

Yes, it will be interesting that there is now a safe space for underage girls in the Senate, after the decent , moral Moore is elected. By decent moral voters who know him... in his State.

I think I will trust them over your agenda .... call it a regression to norm.

Das vedanya.

Frederick Douglass

Oceander

@CatherineofAragon

You're welcome.

Yes, it will be interesting that there is now a safe space for underage girls in the Senate, after the decent , moral Moore is elected. By decent moral voters who know him... in his State.

Das vedanya.

:bigsilly:

Calling Moore moral is like calling evil good, black white, up down, etc etc etc.

Offline Fantom

:bigsilly:

Calling Moore moral is like calling evil good, black white, up down, etc etc etc.

Twice a driveby in one night, one of which was spent on me... I am honored.   :blank:

Frederick Douglass

Offline Mesaclone

At this point, I hope Moore wins. It will hold the seat for the GOP, and he will never actually be seated before his fellow Republicans expel him from the Senate. Then we can replay this whole election process minus Moore, and perhaps get a Republican who is not a child molester.

The man is despicable.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
At this point, I hope Moore wins. It will hold the seat for the GOP, and he will never actually be seated before his fellow Republicans expel him from the Senate. Then we can replay this whole election process minus Moore, and perhaps get a Republican who is not a child molester.

The man is despicable.

So you think the Senate has the power to overturn the results of an election do you!   :nono:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

You're welcome.

Das vedanya.

@Fantom

Offline Mesaclone

So you think the Senate has the power to overturn the results of an election do you!   :nono:

Yes. Yes I do. Because the Constitution itself empowers the Senate to do so.

Article I, Section 5 of the Constitution: "Each House [of Congress] may determine the Rules of its proceedings, punish its members for disorderly behavior, and, with the concurrence of two-thirds, expel a member."

Two thirds will not be a difficult number to attain in the case of a child molester.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 02:37:24 am by Mesaclone »

Offline Fantom

@Fantom

[imghttp://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.3649925.1511762900!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/gallery_320/perv-november-22-2017.jpg[/img]

@CatherineofAragon

Sad you play such claptrap.

Frederick Douglass

Offline RetBobbyMI

Article I, Section 5 of the Constitution: "Each House [of Congress] may determine the Rules of its proceedings, punish its members for disorderly behavior, and, with the concurrence of two-thirds, expel a member."

Two thirds will not be a difficult number to attain in the case of a child molester.
The GOP would be foolish (not that they aren’t) to do that. They can’t afford to loose any seats or votes.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Mesaclone

The GOP would be foolish (not that they aren’t) to do that. They can’t afford to loose any seats or votes.

They wouldn't lose a seat. The Governor would appoint someone to fill the seat until an election is held...in which a Republican would almost certainly win.

Offline RetBobbyMI

They wouldn't lose a seat. The Governor would appoint someone to fill the seat until an election is held...in which a Republican would almost certainly win.
But they would be missing a vote until then. And the add to their dilemma,Mehta if the Governor appointed Moore? Nothing to stop that.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

You seem to have overlooked a couple of key words that are contained in that.  I would call your attention to them at this point!  the words are "it's members".   They are granted power only to take action against those things that occur while someone is an actual member of the senate and no more! 

Nice try! Better luck next time!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Mesaclone

You seem to have overlooked a couple of key words that are contained in that.  I would call your attention to them at this point!  the words are "it's members".   They are granted power only to take action against those things that occur while someone is an actual member of the senate and no more! 

Nice try! Better luck next time!

Your reading skills are a tad off. Once he is elected, he's a member. It does NOT say he must be a member at the time of his infraction or bad behavior. "Expel a member" is the power granted, nowhere in the preambulatory phrase does it make that power dependent on the offense occurring while in office. The clause, in fact, goes out of its way to grant a broad power of expulsion, dependent ONLY on the "House" ability to muster a 2/3 majority.

So, no need for "better luck"...just better reading skills and constitutional study on your part.

Offline Frank Cannon

@Fantom

LOL. Daily News? Did your copy of Pravda get wet in the mailbox and unable to scan?