Author Topic: Matt Lauer terminated from Today Show because of inappropriate behavior  (Read 28087 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: Matt Lauer terminated from Today Show because of inappropriate behavior
« Reply #400 on: December 02, 2017, 01:17:56 am »
Weird world. Back in the day, when I (we) got married I insisted my wife quit her day job to take care of our kid(s) x 2. so my wife "raised'our kids. Not some daycare I don't give a shit outfit. Financially, it was hard times. Spiritually. WE are satisfied with the way our children are. They both have tats, hang around the wrong people, and other wise do stupid shit. But they don't mean any harm.

Do we regret that? Not a bit.

Take that choice away from my kids?

Die, MFer, DIE.

It boils down to the commitment of the parents, to each other, to their shared enterprise,  and to their kids.  In that order.    Daycare works just fine for some.  Mrs. Jazz has always worked, and both our kids were in daycare, and they turned to be ethical, responsible and hard-working.  I thank God for that more than I thank Him for anything else. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #401 on: December 02, 2017, 01:18:51 am »
Weird world. Back in the day, when I (we) got married I insisted my wife quit her day job to take care of our kid(s) x 2. so my wife "raised'our kids. Not some daycare I don't give a shit outfit. Financially, it was hard times. Spiritually. WE are satisfied with the way our children are. They both have tats, hang around the wrong people, and other wise do stupid shit. But they don't mean any harm.

Die, MFer, DIE.

My wife never worked outside our home for a single day until our youngest was in school and even then she was at home before they were a fter school.  We chose that path and have never regreted doing so for one second.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #402 on: December 02, 2017, 01:28:59 am »

Die, MFer, DIE.

Things have been tight for us since I stopped working after I had our little guy.  This part time work will allow me to add some much needed funds back to our budget and still stay home with him and homeschool him.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #403 on: December 02, 2017, 01:30:03 am »
Just flat out.

And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #404 on: December 02, 2017, 01:56:33 am »
As much as I enjoy  screwing around nothing changes, but it does.

And if you ever hit the point of the unchaneable, go for that.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 01:56:56 am by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online roamer_1

« Reply #405 on: December 02, 2017, 02:22:43 am »
Well, I agree with you on two of those points, but I have to ask, with a touch of sarcasm...... what do you expect single women to do....... starve, or stay at home with their parents until they die?  How are they supposed to feed themselves if they don't work?

Do you want no more women doctors, lawyers, teachers, professors, bank tellers, grocery store clerks, sellers of Tupperware or Mary Kay?? 

They can't all "stay home."  They can't all survive without income.

What you said reminds me that when I moved to the town I live in now, the Christian school paid single men more than single women because the men were the "bread winners" of the family.. Never mind that women were equally winning the bread in their own single life.

Your first point is the key.  It is the moral decline of the country at fault.  It is saying "if it feels good do it" and then being surprised when men do what "feels good" and molest women.   It's women who, instead of asking for equal respect, drag themselves into the moral gutter so that they can behave as badly as men.   It's having neither gender with the moral fortitude to say no.

It's morals and a degenerating sense of what is good and decent in society..  NOT women working.

Like I said, @musiclady , It isn't a chauvinistic thing - Look at @RoosGirl 's post, because she nailed it, dead on.

I have cursed feminists for a long time for basically forcing me to work.  What would happen to men's salaries if half of the workforce (women) were at home taking care of kids?  What would happen to the employment rate if half of the workforce were at home taking care of the kids?  There's nothing chauvinist about what you say except that I would massage it a bit to be "Mothers being in the workforce".  There should be room for younger women who are not married or women who do not plan on having families

Absolutely right.

Feminism has not helped women in the least. What it has done is destroy the matriarchal order.
Daycare and latch-key kids, no one at home in the neighborhood, churches go wanting for volunteers, PTA is as much as gone, no more garden-fresh, no more put-up home canning, no more networked mom support, etc.

At least a full generation of women that don't know how to cook, clean, sew, garden.

Home is no longer home, and that is directly and substantially because there is no woman in it.

Things of immeasurable worth have gone away, and all for nothing - The market accommodated twice as many workers by forcing the value of work downward. Now, instead of mamma working a little bit to afford a few nice things that otherwise couldn't be afforded, she's working her ass off full-time, just to make up the difference in bread and butter.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 02:26:01 am by roamer_1 »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #406 on: December 02, 2017, 02:49:55 am »
It boils down to the commitment of the parents, to each other, to their shared enterprise,  and to their kids.  In that order.    Daycare works just fine for some.  Mrs. Jazz has always worked, and both our kids were in daycare, and they turned to be ethical, responsible and hard-working.  I thank God for that more than I thank Him for anything else.

@Jazzhead, I am glad that your economic situation  allowed you too(afflection aberrant) afford the liberalism you afford on us.

Don't take this a hard way. I am a Luddite. Premise that.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #407 on: December 02, 2017, 03:01:01 am »
Things have been tight for us since I stopped working after I had our little guy.  This part time work will allow me to add some much needed funds back to our budget and still stay home with him and homeschool him.

All I can do is applaud you, darlin. You holler over at that ol man of yours and tell him just how lucky he is. Tell him I said so.  :beer:

That kind of commitment is damn hard to find in this day and age, and damn hard to do, what with the neighborhood empty. Used to be if my mom needed to go do something, she'd have grandma over to take care of us, or send us over to one of the neighbor ladies so she could get her stuff done... And we were often the host to most of the neighborhood kids too.

All that is just about gone, and ladies such as yourself are often on their own. Makes it tough. You have my admiration. The hand that rocks the cradle, and all that.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #408 on: December 02, 2017, 03:22:23 am »
There is this thing.

I don't know if is Mexican, or Laitno, of His panic. The cultural tendency to promenade their women on a Sunday. I've seen it first hand in the Islamic world,on their terms, and in the "spanish" terms, here in my world.

Display the female people in your world, not as partners, but as proof of your manhood, aka, proof of you being a good provider.

AFAIK, I am doing the things I was taught. And I can't find fault in that. Not compared to the shit other people bring to my door.

It has been said, by other posters. Compared to the or derves.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #409 on: December 02, 2017, 05:43:04 am »
All I can do is applaud you, darlin. You holler over at that ol man of yours and tell him just how lucky he is. Tell him I said so.  :beer:

That kind of commitment is damn hard to find in this day and age, and damn hard to do, what with the neighborhood empty. Used to be if my mom needed to go do something, she'd have grandma over to take care of us, or send us over to one of the neighbor ladies so she could get her stuff done... And we were often the host to most of the neighborhood kids too.

All that is just about gone, and ladies such as yourself are often on their own. Makes it tough. You have my admiration. The hand that rocks the cradle, and all that.

Thank you @roamer_1 .  It is nice to be recognized for doing what I'm doing.  And yes, we don't really have a neighborhood to begin with, choosing to live rural, so it can get lonely sometimes, though I am mostly the type to keep to myself.  But having backup at certain times would be a real nice thing.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #410 on: December 02, 2017, 05:45:28 am »
That's because I am a great influence.

EFF you rlence

Dictatorial

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #411 on: December 02, 2017, 06:33:52 am »
Thank you @roamer_1 .  It is nice to be recognized for doing what I'm doing.  And yes, we don't really have a neighborhood to begin with, choosing to live rural, so it can get lonely sometimes, though I am mostly the type to keep to myself.  But having backup at certain times would be a real nice thing.

But having backup at certain times would be a real nice thing.

Jane you're playing a game called, hard to get by its real name

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #412 on: December 02, 2017, 06:45:55 am »
Everyone that is here worth saving'

unchangeable

I dare ya

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #413 on: December 02, 2017, 08:01:23 am »
I double dare ya.

Effing worthless pos

spit

Offline musiclady

« Reply #414 on: December 02, 2017, 02:28:00 pm »
I'm struggling a bit as one who knows my history, at the idea that women being in the workplace is as problematic as some of you think it is, and thinking you haven't gone back far enough to be logically consistent in your arguments......

Perhaps you should go back far enough to keep women out of college.  (Definitely med school, or law school.  You don't have to go back far for that).  That old college education and realization that there may be more to life than cooking and sewing should be stopped.  (I actually know people who think it's more "Christian" to deny their daughters a college education, so why not all of us?)

Then again, maybe we should go back a bit farther and make sure our daughters don't learn to read and write.  Now THOSE were the good old days!  Martin Luther didn't think women were smart enough to read, so we could go back to him.  But I guess he didn't know about Hildegarde of Bingen who preceded him by 400 years or so, and was a brilliant philosopher, scientist, composer, theologian.... all because some dingbat convent taught her to read.  :shrug:   Women getting out of their "God-given" role.....

Maybe we should blame Jane Austen, the first woman who made her living as an author, or Fanny Mendelssohn, who was as good of a composer as her brother, Felix.  Never heard of her?  Oh, that's right.  She was a woman, and couldn't get her works published because of that.  Let's go back, OK?

On the other hand, we could blame the westward expansion for the problem.  Those uppity women could shoot game, run the homestead, chop wood, tend the animals while hubby was away, and protect the home from attacks.  Made the womenfolk think they were equal.  In fact, it just happened to be Wyoming who first gave women the right to vote.  Let's blame the problem on the rural west, shall we?  Women voting??  Men cooking?? Outrageous!

Just read the stories written by pioneer women.  They should all have been stopped from going beyond their "God -given" roles, just let the menfolk do all the hard work, and die if the men weren't around to protect them.

Maybe we should blame letting women participate in sports.  All those little girls should be home cooking instead of learning how to throw a ball, kick a goal, score a 3 pointer.  Makes them all uppity.  (You just need to go back to the early 1960's for that one).

As far as the absence of grandmothers is concerned, @roamer_1 .......... my Mom didn't have grandparents around because they were back in Sweden when her parents came to America.  Perhaps the emigration from Europe (or elsewhere) is the problem, and everyone who came to America without their parents, should have stayed home.

OR................. maybe we should go back to Jesus, who absolutely revolutionized the role of women within the Jewish culture..... treated us as equals, respected us......  SHAME on Him for changing women's roles!

Better yet, let's all forget about that Proverbs 31 woman, who was as competent and able in the workplace as she was at home.   Looks like we need to go to the beginning of time to get women to do what they're supposed to do.  Right???

All this historically accurate sarcasm aside, blaming 20th-21st century (pseudo) feminism and women in the workplace  for the ills in society is blaming the symptom for the disease.  (Leftists only care about abortion and lesbians.  Calling their political ploys "feminism" is just one of their multitudinous lies).

The disease is SIN.    Self-centeredness, greed, back-biting, anger, hatred, lack of submission, immorality, and a plethora of other cultural problems.  SIN.

There are clearly problems in our culture, but if you blame the symptom and not the disease, all you're doing is spinning your wheels.

Now, I'll go do what women are supposed to do (not this thinking and writing and standing up for oneself that women shouldn't be doing), and decorate some Christmas cookies like a good girl.  ^-^
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 02:38:33 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #415 on: December 02, 2017, 03:17:47 pm »
I'm struggling a bit as one who knows my history, at the idea that women being in the workplace is as problematic as some of you think it is, and thinking you haven't gone back far enough to be logically consistent in your arguments......

Perhaps you should go back far enough to keep women out of college.  (Definitely med school, or law school.  You don't have to go back far for that).  That old college education and realization that there may be more to life than cooking and sewing should be stopped.  (I actually know people who think it's more "Christian" to deny their daughters a college education, so why not all of us?)

Then again, maybe we should go back a bit farther and make sure our daughters don't learn to read and write.  Now THOSE were the good old days!  Martin Luther didn't think women were smart enough to read, so we could go back to him.  But I guess he didn't know about Hildegarde of Bingen who preceded him by 400 years or so, and was a brilliant philosopher, scientist, composer, theologian.... all because some dingbat convent taught her to read.  :shrug:   Women getting out of their "God-given" role.....

Maybe we should blame Jane Austen, the first woman who made her living as an author, or Fanny Mendelssohn, who was as good of a composer as her brother, Felix.  Never heard of her?  Oh, that's right.  She was a woman, and couldn't get her works published because of that.  Let's go back, OK?

On the other hand, we could blame the westward expansion for the problem.  Those uppity women could shoot game, run the homestead, chop wood, tend the animals while hubby was away, and protect the home from attacks.  Made the womenfolk think they were equal.  In fact, it just happened to be Wyoming who first gave women the right to vote.  Let's blame the problem on the rural west, shall we?  Women voting??  Men cooking?? Outrageous!

Just read the stories written by pioneer women.  They should all have been stopped from going beyond their "God -given" roles, just let the menfolk do all the hard work, and die if the men weren't around to protect them.

Maybe we should blame letting women participate in sports.  All those little girls should be home cooking instead of learning how to throw a ball, kick a goal, score a 3 pointer.  Makes them all uppity.  (You just need to go back to the early 1960's for that one).

As far as the absence of grandmothers is concerned, @roamer_1 .......... my Mom didn't have grandparents around because they were back in Sweden when her parents came to America.  Perhaps the emigration from Europe (or elsewhere) is the problem, and everyone who came to America without their parents, should have stayed home.

OR................. maybe we should go back to Jesus, who absolutely revolutionized the role of women within the Jewish culture..... treated us as equals, respected us......  SHAME on Him for changing women's roles!

Better yet, let's all forget about that Proverbs 31 woman, who was as competent and able in the workplace as she was at home.   Looks like we need to go to the beginning of time to get women to do what they're supposed to do.  Right???

All this historically accurate sarcasm aside, blaming 20th-21st century (pseudo) feminism and women in the workplace  for the ills in society is blaming the symptom for the disease.  (Leftists only care about abortion and lesbians.  Calling their political ploys "feminism" is just one of their multitudinous lies).

The disease is SIN.    Self-centeredness, greed, back-biting, anger, hatred, lack of submission, immorality, and a plethora of other cultural problems.  SIN.

There are clearly problems in our culture, but if you blame the symptom and not the disease, all you're doing is spinning your wheels.

Now, I'll go do what women are supposed to do (not this thinking and writing and standing up for oneself that women shouldn't be doing), and decorate some Christmas cookies like a good girl.  ^-^

Well done, you have completely misrepresented and misunderstood what I (and I think @roamer_1 but I know he will correct me and add anything that I miss) said and meant.  But, if you think it is completely normal and healthy for a woman to give birth and then in 3 months, or less in some cases, be forced to drop that little one off every day for someone else to take care of because she has to go work, please continue.  In general, a woman cannot work full time and raise her children at the same time; she either can work in the home and raise the children or she can work outside the home and send the kids off to daycare/school to be raised by someone else.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #416 on: December 02, 2017, 03:21:24 pm »
Well done, you have completely misrepresented and misunderstood what I (and I think @roamer_1 but I know he will correct me and add anything that I miss) said and meant.  But, if you think it is completely normal and healthy for a woman to give birth and then in 3 months, or less in some cases, be forced to drop that little one off every day for someone else to take care of because she has to go work, please continue.  In general, a woman cannot work full time and raise her children at the same time; she either can work in the home and raise the children or she can work outside the home and send the kids off to daycare/school to be raised by someone else.

888high58888

It really does boil down to a simple choice doesn't it?  Do I want to raise them myself or do I want to let someone else do it for me? 

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #417 on: December 02, 2017, 03:33:17 pm »
888high58888

It really does boil down to a simple choice doesn't it?  Do I want to raise them myself or do I want to let someone else do it for me?

The unfortunate part is that for many people it is not a choice they can make.  They need two incomes to make the mortgage, pay the utilities and put food on the table.

I got married at 28 and it took us almost 10 years to get ourselves in a position to barely afford me staying home, but it's what we both wanted.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 03:34:42 pm by RoosGirl »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #418 on: December 02, 2017, 03:41:02 pm »

Hmmm......... did I say anything......... ANYTHING at all.......... about leaving children after birth to go to work?

Nope.

I stayed home with my kids.  I raised them.  I nurtured them.  I didn't want anyone else to do what I could do best.

I oppose leaving ones own children in the care of others.

My post had nothing to do with that.

My point was, there are many people who say "women in the workforce is the problem" without thinking it through.

I backed my argument with history, and wonder how far do people want to go back.   Without defensiveness, do people on this forum think that women shouldn't go to college?  Should 35 year old single women be in the care and under the control of their fathers?   Should women, doing the same work, be paid less?

The problem of women leaving their kids to the care of others is a BIG problem (no movement forces that choice on you.  You ALWAYS have the choice to stay home).  But that cannot be solved by blaming women in the workforce for the country's ills.

I posted what I did to make people think about the consequences of the rhetoric being spouted about what women should and shouldn't do.

Take it for what it's worth, or leave it alone.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #419 on: December 02, 2017, 03:42:26 pm »
888high58888

And that's exactly what I did and why.  I had the choice, and I chose to stay home.

And it has nothing to do with the historicity nor accuracy of my post. 

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #420 on: December 02, 2017, 03:51:54 pm »
Hmmm......... did I say anything......... ANYTHING at all.......... about leaving children after birth to go to work?

Nope.

I stayed home with my kids.  I raised them.  I nurtured them.  I didn't want anyone else to do what I could do best.

I oppose leaving ones own children in the care of others.

My post had nothing to do with that.

My point was, there are many people who say "women in the workforce is the problem" without thinking it through.

I backed my argument with history, and wonder how far do people want to go back.   Without defensiveness, do people on this forum think that women shouldn't go to college?  Should 35 year old single women be in the care and under the control of their fathers?   Should women, doing the same work, be paid less?

The problem of women leaving their kids to the care of others is a BIG problem (no movement forces that choice on you.  You ALWAYS have the choice to stay home).  But that cannot be solved by blaming women in the workforce for the country's ills.

I posted what I did to make people think about the consequences of the rhetoric being spouted about what women should and shouldn't do.

Take it for what it's worth, or leave it alone.

Perhaps I misunderstood.  You seemed to take issue with what @roamer_1 and I had to say on the subject.  Neither of us said anything about women not belonging in the workforce.  In fact, I don't recall anyone here saying women don't belong in the workforce, but perhaps I am not remembering correctly.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #421 on: December 02, 2017, 03:59:03 pm »
And that's exactly what I did and why.  I had the choice, and I chose to stay home.

And it has nothing to do with the historicity nor accuracy of my post.

Excellent!  You made the right choice IMHO and I don't think I was commenting on your post at all.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #422 on: December 02, 2017, 04:01:34 pm »
Perhaps I misunderstood.  You seemed to take issue with what @roamer_1 and I had to say on the subject.  Neither of us said anything about women not belonging in the workforce.  In fact, I don't recall anyone here saying women don't belong in the workforce, but perhaps I am not remembering correctly.

I am significantly older than you are, and have been paying attention to the issue, most likely decades longer than you have.

The audience I was addressing is much, much, much larger than any single comment by you or roamer or anyone else on TBR.

Perhaps you can re-read what I said with a broader audience in mind, and keep in mind that many. MANY men have said that women should not vote, should not work outside the "home" without specifying that it's only mothers of young kids who should stay home. 

I was not specifically referring to anything you said at all in my post.  But if you think that there aren't people out there (both men and women) who think that women should stay home and shut up, you are mistaken. (I was at TOS for more than a decade before I left in 2012.  It was widespread there).

The specific reference I made to @roamer_1 had to do with his comment about Grandmothers being around.  My Mom's grandmothers stayed in Sweden, and both mine were with the Lord before I was born, and we both somehow learned to cook.  (I took home ec sewing and hated it, so I guess I fail the "feminine" test there.  ^-^)

The other reference to him (though not personal) was about the strong, amazing women out west, who didn't stay home like good little wives should.  They were tough.  They were capable.  And they worked like crazy and made this country better.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #423 on: December 02, 2017, 04:05:35 pm »
Excellent!  You made the right choice IMHO and I don't think I was commenting on your post at all.

Right.  For me it wasn't a difficult choice, but it had long term consequences for me and my career, but for which I have no regrets.

The problem with the "feminazi" movement in the late 20th century was that, as in abortion, they CLAIM women should have the choice to work or stay home with children, but they proceeded to ridicule and abase all of us who CHOSE to stay home.

Fortunately, since I was feisty, I didn't pay any attention to social pressure to work and stayed home and loved it.   :laugh:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #424 on: December 02, 2017, 04:08:44 pm »
I am significantly older than you are, and have been paying attention to the issue, most likely decades longer than you have.

The audience I was addressing is much, much, much larger than any single comment by you or roamer or anyone else on TBR.

Perhaps you can re-read what I said with a broader audience in mind, and keep in mind that many. MANY men have said that women should not vote, should not work outside the "home" without specifying that it's only mothers of young kids who should stay home. 

I was not specifically referring to anything you said at all in my post.  But if you think that there aren't people out there (both men and women) who think that women should stay home and shut up, you are mistaken. (I was at TOS for more than a decade before I left in 2012.  It was widespread there).

The specific reference I made to @roamer_1 had to do with his comment about Grandmothers being around.  My Mom's grandmothers stayed in Sweden, and both mine were with the Lord before I was born, and we both somehow learned to cook.  (I took home ec sewing and hated it, so I guess I fail the "feminine" test there.  ^-^)

The other reference to him (though not personal) was about the strong, amazing women out west, who didn't stay home like good little wives should.  They were tough.  They were capable.  And they worked like crazy and made this country better.

If you want to discuss the ideas that some people in our society have, that's fine.  The issue comes up when you start talking about those things with sentences like this:

This is why it is reasonable for me to think you're talking about people here, because you actually say you're talking about people here.

I have no doubt there are people in our society who believe just as you say, I just had no idea we were talking about other people's opinions