Author Topic: Matt Lauer terminated from Today Show because of inappropriate behavior  (Read 28454 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Matt Lauer terminated from Today Show because of inappropriate behavior
« Reply #425 on: December 02, 2017, 04:12:27 pm »
Right.  For me it wasn't a difficult choice, but it had long term consequences for me and my career, but for which I have no regrets.

The problem with the "feminazi" movement in the late 20th century was that, as in abortion, they CLAIM women should have the choice to work or stay home with children, but they proceeded to ridicule and abase all of us who CHOSE to stay home.

Fortunately, since I was feisty, I didn't pay any attention to social pressure to work and stayed home and loved it.   :laugh:

888high58888

And your life, and those of your children, are much fuller than they otherwise would have been had you made the other choice. 

My wife and I struggled mightily because we chose that course as well but have NEVER regretted it for a second.  I don't know if young people starting out today even could do what we did and it is truly sad that things have arrived at that juncture! 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #426 on: December 02, 2017, 04:39:41 pm »
@musiclady

Well, that was certainly an hyperbolic reply. and all for nothing. 

Look. I don't care a whit for any of that. *NONE*.

What I care about is the things of the Matriarchy, the things historically most dear to the female mind, which are not merely neglected, not just left wanting, but rather, all but gone.

The sheer absurdity of assuming a single sphere of influence where men are in charge and poor women, downtrodden, are chained to the kitchen sink, is so very much bullshit that I nearly didn't reply.

There are two spheres - two entirely different realms. Two wholly different schools of thought. And that is as it should be. The problem is, with women trying to compete in the hall of men's power. inevitably, they cast their own power aside, and their own hall falls into disrepair. The things of women are almost gone. It is not me who disrespects them - I have nothing but the highest praise for the woman's role - and consider it MORE IMPORTANT than the male's - There is nothing more lacking in society today than hearth and home, church and neighborhood. The richness in life that women provide... And our society has grown grim and gray without it, and our children and elders die for the lack of it.

I mourn it's passing, I truly do. You seem to see it as women 'breaking free'. I say that's a damnable lie, and one that women of past generations would have seen right through. You are chasing after shadows.

Now that the two-income family has been set in stone, I can't point to a single woman that I know that wouldn't rather be home with her kids. Not a one. And as a general rule, they are more beset by life, not less.  Day care takes away most of their income, and they are still largely left with the cooking and cleaning, since the old man is working overtime, She winds up still chained to that damned old sink, regardless... The difference being that the finer things that used to be the difference, are all left behind. Because there isn't time for the finer things anymore.

And the funny thing is, women have always been part of business. My family is entrepreneurial by its nature, and either the women folk run the old man's business from home, or they have a business of their own on the side... and that has always been their way. What has been gained is incidental. What has been lost... Priceless.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 04:40:51 pm by roamer_1 »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #427 on: December 02, 2017, 05:04:43 pm »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #428 on: December 02, 2017, 05:34:21 pm »

LOL

Hate is the wrong word.  It's jealousy and competition surrounding who is best at making men think we're hard to understand.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #429 on: December 02, 2017, 05:40:16 pm »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #430 on: December 02, 2017, 05:42:15 pm »

That's Volune 1, Birth through Year 1.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #431 on: December 02, 2017, 05:42:48 pm »
After Lauer, it's time we talk seriously about the culture at NBC
by Becket Adams | Dec 1, 2017, 4:45 PM
Washington Examiner

...   NBC’s ethically dubious handling of accusations of sexual misconduct isn’t new. In 1999, for example, the network held its exclusive interview of Juanita Broaddrick, who claims Bill Clinton raped her in the 1970s, until after the president had been acquitted on two articles of impeachment.   ...

And as recently as this week, after reports surfaced alleging Lauer harassed subordinates and even sexually assaulted one, both Variety and the New York Times have produced sources claiming NBC executives were aware of their talent’s reportedly monstrous behavior. These same sources also claim NBC brass made no effort to stop it.    ...    Entire article at Washington Times
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #432 on: December 02, 2017, 05:44:17 pm »
That's Volune 1, Birth through Year 1.

Yes! And the fly leaf has a great big WARNING!  Rules are subject to change at any moment!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #433 on: December 02, 2017, 06:10:34 pm »
888high58888

And your life, and those of your children, are much fuller than they otherwise would have been had you made the other choice. 

My wife and I struggled mightily because we chose that course as well but have NEVER regretted it for a second.  I don't know if young people starting out today even could do what we did and it is truly sad that things have arrived at that juncture!

That's true.  Young people today don't understand sacrifice, and seem to want to start out where their parents ended up.  A lot of families gave up the frills in life (considered necessities, but weren't) in order to provide a stable loving home for their children.

I don't think any of us ever regretted that decision.   

I might have been a full professor with a PhD, and a conductor of renown, but I took the great gift God gave me in being "Mommy" extremely seriously instead, and the benefits have been boundless.

@Bigun
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 06:11:14 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #434 on: December 02, 2017, 06:13:48 pm »
That's true.  Young people today don't understand sacrifice, and seem to want to start out where their parents ended up.  A lot of families gave up the frills in life (considered necessities, but weren't) in order to provide a stable loving home for their children.

I don't think any of us ever regretted that decision.   

I might have been a full professor with a PhD, and a conductor of renown, but I took the great gift God gave me in being "Mommy" extremely seriously instead, and the benefits have been boundless.

@Bigun

@musiclady

And will continue to be I suspect. 

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #435 on: December 02, 2017, 06:24:51 pm »
@musiclady

Well, that was certainly an hyperbolic reply. and all for nothing. 

It wasn't hyperbolic, it was historically accurate sarcasm, and I labeled it as such.

Making a point that you don't really know how far back you want to go to reach the goal you claim to want.

What I care about is the things of the Matriarchy, the things historically most dear to the female mind, which are not merely neglected, not just left wanting, but rather, all but gone.

The sheer absurdity of assuming a single sphere of influence where men are in charge and poor women, downtrodden, are chained to the kitchen sink, is so very much bullshit that I nearly didn't reply.

There are two spheres - two entirely different realms. Two wholly different schools of thought. And that is as it should be. The problem is, with women trying to compete in the hall of men's power. inevitably, they cast their own power aside, and their own hall falls into disrepair. The things of women are almost gone. It is not me who disrespects them - I have nothing but the highest praise for the woman's role - and consider it MORE IMPORTANT than the male's - There is nothing more lacking in society today than hearth and home, church and neighborhood. The richness in life that women provide... And our society has grown grim and gray without it, and our children and elders die for the lack of it.

Again, your idealization of the past doesn't really mesh with the reality of the situation. 

btw, my hearth and home are doing great. 

I mourn it's passing, I truly do. You seem to see it as women 'breaking free'. I say that's a damnable lie, and one that women of past generations would have seen right through. You are chasing after shadows.

Actually, I am rejoicing that women who were suited to be doctors can be doctors.  That women who are gifted in business can now participate in business (as the Proverbs 31 woman did).  That women who never marry are not subjected to the will of their fathers (check out Bill Gothard for that), that women without children have the choice to pursue a career rather than sit at home.  I didn't "break free" of my maternal role, but I have unmarried and childless friends who ought to have choices, and they didn't used to.  In your golden age, being unmarried was a curse and being childless was a shame.  I thank God those days are gone.

Now that the two-income family has been set in stone, I can't point to a single woman that I know that wouldn't rather be home with her kids. Not a one. And as a general rule, they are more beset by life, not less.  Day care takes away most of their income, and they are still largely left with the cooking and cleaning, since the old man is working overtime, She winds up still chained to that damned old sink, regardless... The difference being that the finer things that used to be the difference, are all left behind. Because there isn't time for the finer things anymore.

And the funny thing is, women have always been part of business. My family is entrepreneurial by its nature, and either the women folk run the old man's business from home, or they have a business of their own on the side... and that has always been their way. What has been gained is incidental. What has been lost... Priceless.

You paint a very dark picture of today's world.  I know many, many couples where the woman works and the jobs at home are distributed fairly, and where the couple has a loving, respectful marriage.

I don't think that two incomes are necessary  in most cases, if sacrifices are willing to be made.  But it is a very short time when children are in need of a full time parent before school begins.  The rest of the time, women should be able to work at whatever God has gifted them to do.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #436 on: December 02, 2017, 07:02:27 pm »
We are talking past each other.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #437 on: December 02, 2017, 08:30:38 pm »

Yes, we are...... and I suspect that none of us is very far in values from the others.

I think I've made my point here, and will continue to try to balance conversations on similar subjects, since I probably have the minority view here (not a problem with that.  Independent thought is my strong suit.).

The leftist extremism and hateful rhetoric has negatively influenced a lot of people when it comes to women's roles, but I truly think there are very few conservatives who don't respect the contributions women bring to the table in all venues.

But back to the subject of the thread.............. I still think Matt Lauer is devoid of character, and I hope he gets his just desserts.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #438 on: December 02, 2017, 08:42:13 pm »
I hope he gets his just desserts.

Licorice whips?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #439 on: December 02, 2017, 08:45:05 pm »

Licorice whips?

I think that's not a whip, but a "flogger."  Don't ask me how I know that.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 08:45:39 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #440 on: December 02, 2017, 08:56:33 pm »
I think that's not a whip, but a "flogger."  Don't ask me how I know that.

Oh we know how.

You've been seeing @RoosGirl when Frank has been passed out in his van out in front of her place:

I can massage that for you.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #441 on: December 02, 2017, 09:12:49 pm »
Oh we know how.

You've been seeing @RoosGirl when Frank has been passed out in his van out in front of her place:

That's a rather specific flogger, a "Cat O' Nine Tails."
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #442 on: December 02, 2017, 09:46:34 pm »
@musiclady

And will continue to be I suspect.

Indeed, because I am now a Grandma, and can nurture and love my grandson as I did my own kids.

Without the diapers.  ^-^

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #443 on: December 02, 2017, 09:54:29 pm »
Indeed, because I am now a Grandma, and can nurture and love my grandson as I did my own kids.

Without the diapers.  ^-^

Your job is to spoil the little guy rotten and then give him back to his parents!   :laugh:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #444 on: December 02, 2017, 09:57:45 pm »
One last thought for you, @roamer_1 and then I will leave this alone.....

What your 'schools of thought' and lofty theories with rose colored glasses to the past ignore is what we should all value highly in this country.......... individuality.   Just as men can't be all squeezed into a cultural mold, neither can women.... and that is exactly what your theory is trying to do.

Let me share a bit about myself (at personal risk, I might add).   When I was a young girl in the 1950's, my friends and I played "house"....... mostly out in the woods where we practically lived.  We used to fight over who got to be the Dad because the Mom had to stay home, and the Dad got to go adventuring.

That IS the way it was in the rosy 1950's.  Women were restricted.  Men were not.

I have always been an adventurer, a competitor, an athlete and a debater.  I was born that way.  No "movement" made me different from the mold I was supposed to fit in.    I was literally told in my late childhood that I had to stop playing baseball because I was a girl and when I grew up I couldn't do those "boy" things.  It devastated me, because, aside from music, sports was who I was.  I fought the system you advocate to be an individual and to explore.

You may or may not remember that my husband and I took the Lewis and Clark trail all the way to Oregon and back (8,000 miles!), and we hiked and canoed and adventured.  A few years back, we hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon.   Not many of my peers do those kinds of things, but that's who I am, and it doesn't fit in well with sitting at home and knitting afghans.

But in spite of that nature, I think being a Mom was the highest calling I had, and I loved every minute of it, but I absolutely hate to sew, and wouldn't do it if I were paid.

You see, we don't fit into a neat little theoretical mold that you can cite on the Internet.

But I will leave this discussion with some encouragement for you that you don't seem to be aware of.  I have many, many friends and family members who are women who absolutely ADORE doing the "women" things you think we all need to do to be the right kind of woman.  Lots of them sew and bake and do all kinds of domestic things and love it.

So you see, the world is not lost just because some of us want to be different than you think all of us should be.....
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 10:01:03 pm by musiclady »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #445 on: December 02, 2017, 10:04:27 pm »
Your job is to spoil the little guy rotten and then give him back to his parents!   :laugh:

I KNOW!  :laugh:

He's only 2 1/2 weeks now, but all I've had to do is hold him and sing to him and give him all the warmth and love I have in me.

It's HEAVEN!!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #446 on: December 02, 2017, 10:15:57 pm »
That's a rather specific flogger, a "Cat O' Nine Tails."

Details.... details. 

Your knowledge of specific torture devices is quite impressive.

Do you have your own dungeon?
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #447 on: December 02, 2017, 10:25:02 pm »

@RoosGirl
@musiclady

I've been watching this tread very much, and I love and respect the two of you very, very much.  Watching two friends fighting makes me uncomfortable, especially over a simple misunderstanding.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #448 on: December 02, 2017, 10:26:39 pm »
Details.... details. 

Your knowledge of specific torture devices is quite impressive.

Do you have your own dungeon?

LOL.  No, I just remember I had to get one of those after taking it off an enemy, after having used my Mace.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #449 on: December 02, 2017, 10:33:30 pm »
LOL.  No, I just remember I had to get one of those after taking it off an enemy, after having used my Mace.

Sounds like quite a story in there.