Author Topic: Matt Lauer terminated from Today Show because of inappropriate behavior  (Read 28569 times)

Oceander

Re: Matt Lauer terminated from Today Show because of inappropriate behavior
« Reply #350 on: December 01, 2017, 02:39:46 am »
Welp, you just proved you've never seen the sunny side of the private sector.  They've been doing the Harassment Training and attendant cultural adjustments for better than 25 years.  If you knew that you would not have said the quoted paragraph.

Training without consequences is meaningless.  The difference this time around is that consequences are finally beginning to be imposed on those who believed they had enough power to get away with it. Up until this year, they did.  The paradigm shift is that the power has gone, drained away in a blink. 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #351 on: December 01, 2017, 02:43:43 am »
You mean, it'll be fun if I'm watching from a safe distance with a 30-06 scoped in at the right distance.

Well, Themyscira this place is not.  But it will be interesting to see metrosexual and gender-confused pantywaists go up against a patriarchal military once the feminists have eradicated masculinity to legally belong only in the province of crew-cut plaid shirt-wearing lesbians.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 02:46:47 am by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #352 on: December 01, 2017, 02:48:43 am »
Training without consequences is meaningless.  The difference this time around is that consequences are finally beginning to be imposed on those who believed they had enough power to get away with it. Up until this year, they did.  The paradigm shift is that the power has gone, drained away in a blink.

Totally agree.  There has never been a shortage of consequences in my neck of the corporate jungle.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #353 on: December 01, 2017, 02:49:17 am »
Well, Themyscira this place is not.  But it will be interesting to see metrosexual and gender-confused pantywaists go up against a patriarchal military once the feminists have eradicated masculinity to legally belong only in the province of crew-cut plaid shirt-wearing lesbians.

That poses a new age-old question:  Why do Lesbians seem to be attracted to women who look like men?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 02:50:38 am by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #354 on: December 01, 2017, 03:04:48 am »
That poses a new age-old question:  Why do Lesbians seem to be attracted to women who look like men?

Got those "Deep Thought" working tonight I see.  Better back of the Nyquil. :nono:
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #355 on: December 01, 2017, 03:11:54 am »

Just remember in your Golden Age of masculinity, the Red and Lavender Scare purges were backed by Roy Cohn and J Edgar Hoover - the biggest Queens of America until Obama.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #356 on: December 01, 2017, 03:12:16 am »
Got those "Deep Thought" working tonight I see.  Better back of the Nyquil. :nono:

Si, Senor.  Too Queek for me.

Comes from spending the last half day fencing with the resident liberal.  He finally concluded I'm too stoopit to live.   :blank: :blank:
I will NOT comply.

Oceander

« Reply #357 on: December 01, 2017, 03:16:47 am »
Totally agree.  There has never been a shortage of consequences in my neck of the corporate jungle.

Unfortunately, consequences have been in generally short supply in many places, particularly when it comes to the powerful men, not the rank and file.  That is the paradigm shift that is now taking place. 

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #358 on: December 01, 2017, 04:53:10 am »
Yeah.......  sure.  The words of love.

Peace.  888heartkitty

:shrug:  You've believed what you wanted about pretty much everything I've said, no matter how clear or straight forward I've been with my words.  Carry on.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #359 on: December 01, 2017, 02:49:54 pm »
:shrug:  You've believed what you wanted about pretty much everything I've said, no matter how clear or straight forward I've been with my words.  Carry on.

I'm beginning to think you have a persecution complex on this one.  I've been reading your words.  I've been responding with my thoughts.  We disagree. (Though not much).  All on the up and up.  No projection.  No "wanting to believe."  Nothing.

And I don't want to keep arguing with you about absolutely nothing.

You may continue as long as you wish if you can't let it go.

I'm done.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #360 on: December 01, 2017, 03:28:48 pm »
LOL!  He said it with that Tom Brokaw swallowed "L."   Hilarious!

@EdJames

Yes, you described it exactly!  I couldn't remember what that mispronunciation was based on, thanks!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #361 on: December 01, 2017, 06:22:22 pm »
Yes, you described it exactly!  I couldn't remember what that mispronunciation was based on, thanks!

No problem.  You just gargle a little bit when you're saying the "L" and voila!  It's Rush's Brokaw pronunciation!  ^-^

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #362 on: December 01, 2017, 08:28:55 pm »
This conversation between @RoosGirl  and @musiclady is EXACTLY why I chose jobs where I didn't work around women.

Don't take it the worng (intentional) way.

My wife can do and say any damn thing she wants. I don't own her. And for the record she is the only woman I have ever known.

She can talk to anyone she wants. Granted she has only had low paying low scale jobs. Cashier, waitress, etc. The worst job site "abuse" she ever suffered was from customers, or other female workers.

And she can hold her own, to a point. She'll fake a kick down low and punch you right in the mouth, and she don't hit like a girl. (don't ask me how I know that)

I completely agree hoshots azzholes, like Lauer or Weinstein, need to punished to the MAX, when Proved.

What I have concern for is something in the bigger picture. The paradigm shift that has been pointed out earlier in the thread.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #363 on: December 01, 2017, 08:32:36 pm »
This conversation between @RoosGirl  and @musiclady is EXACTLY why I chose jobs where I didn't work around women.

My wife can do and say any damn thing she wants. I don't own her. And for the record she is the only woman I have ever known.

She can talk to anyone she wants. Granted she has only had low paying low scale jobs. Cashier, waitress, etc. The worst job site "abuse" she ever suffered was from customers, or other female workers.

And she can hold her own, to a point. She'll fake a kick down low and punch you right in the mouth, and she don't hit like a girl. (don't ask me how I know that)

I completely agree hoshots azzholes, like Lauer or Weinstein, need to punished to the MAX, when Proved.

What I have concern for is something in the bigger picture. The paradigm shift that has been pointed out earlier in the thread.

What is your concern about the paradigm shift?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #364 on: December 01, 2017, 08:56:32 pm »

Just for the record, I have never had a problem with any of the men with whom I've worked.  Differences settled amicably because I'm honest to a fault.  I don't play typical female "games" where guys have to guess what I'm thinking.

Ask my husband of 41 years.   

I'm not sure what paradigm shift you're talking about, but I don't think a mild disagreement among friends, male or female, on an internet forum is proof of anything, nor reason not to want to work with women.

@bigheadfred

Offline musiclady

« Reply #365 on: December 01, 2017, 09:03:24 pm »
btw, I think @RoosGirl  and I would both be AWESOME for you to work with (or for).

ALL women should be JUST.  LIKE.  US.  :dx1:

@bigheadfred

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #366 on: December 01, 2017, 09:07:32 pm »
btw, I think @RoosGirl  and I would both be AWESOME for you to work with (or for).

ALL women should be JUST.  LIKE.  US.  :dx1:

@bigheadfred

A statement I can get behind.  I have the greatest respect for you both because I've never had to question where I stood with you.  Well, @RoosGirl a couple times, but it's always when @Frank Cannon is around.... :whistle:
I will NOT comply.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #367 on: December 01, 2017, 09:09:20 pm »
A statement I can get behind.

Who do you think you are?  Matt Lauer?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #368 on: December 01, 2017, 09:10:08 pm »
A statement I can get behind.  I have the greatest respect for you both because I've never had to question where I stood with you.  Well, @RoosGirl a couple times, but it's always when @Frank Cannon is around.... :whistle:

Yeah........ Frank's not a good influence on her, for sure.  ^-^

Offline musiclady

« Reply #369 on: December 01, 2017, 09:10:38 pm »
Who do you think you are?  Matt Lauer?

****drummer

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #370 on: December 01, 2017, 09:10:57 pm »
Yep, it's all Frank's fault. :whistle:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #371 on: December 01, 2017, 09:24:29 pm »
What is your concern about the paradigm shift?

One of the reasons I will never work for anyone but myself is due the fact it does not take anything but an allegation of 'harassment' to lose your job when working with females. 

When I was art-directing a commercial calendar shoot some time ago, the model/actress accused a photographer of 'harassment' over his rebuffs of her flirtation when off-set.  She got him fired off the project by accusing him of inappropriate sexual advances.  It did not matter that several of us vouched for the fact it never happened.  The charge was all that mattered because of how she 'felt' according to execs.

In today's climate just saying "Hello" can be regarded as harassment, while at the same time men keeping to themselves and avoiding contact or engagement with females in the workplace is regarded as creating a 'hostile environment'.

No way I would put myself in an environment where you are one complaint away from termination whether you make eye contact with the 'victim' or not.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #372 on: December 01, 2017, 09:33:41 pm »
I hate it when paradigms shift.  It's usually painful.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #373 on: December 01, 2017, 09:35:02 pm »
How did this get lumped into the discussion about sexual harassment?

It is an uptick from Mutt and Jeff.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #374 on: December 01, 2017, 09:36:56 pm »
How did this get lumped into the discussion about sexual harassment?

It's a paradigm shift