Author Topic: A woman approached The Post with dramatic — and false — tale about Roy Moore. She appears to be part  (Read 1631 times)

Silver Pines

A woman approached The Post with dramatic — and false — tale about Roy Moore. She appears to be part of undercover sting operation.

By Shawn Boburg, Aaron C. Davis, and Alice Crites
11/27/2017

A woman who falsely claimed to The Washington Post that Roy Moore, the Republican U.S. Senate candidate in Alabama, impregnated her as a teenager appears to work with an organization that uses deceptive tactics to secretly record conversations in an effort to embarrass its targets.

In a series of interviews over two weeks, the woman shared a dramatic story about an alleged sexual relationship with Moore in 1992 that led to an abortion when she was 15. During the interviews, she repeatedly pressed Post reporters to give their opinions on the effects that her claims could have on Moore’s candidacy if she went public.

The Post did not publish an article based on her unsubstantiated account. When Post reporters confronted her with inconsistencies in her story and an Internet posting that raised doubts about her motivations, she insisted that she was not working with any organization that targets journalists.

Read more at:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/a-woman-approached-the-post-with-dramatic--and-false--tale-about-roy-moore-sje-appears-to-be-part-of-undercover-sting-operation/2017/11/27/0c2e335a-cfb6-11e7-9d3a-bcbe2af58c3a_story.html?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.707e28cd27ed

Silver Pines

Offline endicom

I think O'Keefe pooed the scrooch this time.

Silver Pines

I think O'Keefe pooed the scrooch this time.

@endicom

Yes, he's done good work in the past, but this was dishonest and nasty.

Offline Hoodat

Paging Al Sharpton.  Please pick up the white courtesy phone . . .
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Silver Pines

Paging Al Sharpton.  Please pick up the white courtesy phone . . .

@Hoodat

Pardon? 

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Meanwhile in Alabama, Wife and son got to see Roy Moore tonight... (I had a previous engagement)...

« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 04:32:27 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Silver Pines

I believe that's a reference to the Towana Brawley hoax.

@edpc

Oh, of course, I should have known that.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
It was a lowlife stunt on the part of O'Keefe made even worse by his usual self promoting teaser BS suggesting that there was some big revelation coming.

The only revelation is that O'Keefe is just another desperate degenerate.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
This seems to be the most desperate attempt yet by the Moore haters to try to smear him, by implying that he actually had something to do with this.
The Republic is lost.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
It was a lowlife stunt on the part of O'Keefe made even worse by his usual self promoting teaser BS suggesting that there was some big revelation coming.

The only revelation is that O'Keefe is just another desperate degenerate.

@Cripplecreek
Funny that you never refer to leftists as degenerates.

Okeefe has done some good work and greatly embarrassed the left numerous times.  Perhaps thats why you hate him.   
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Silver Pines

This seems to be the most desperate attempt yet by the Moore haters to try to smear him, by implying that he actually had something to do with this.

@Free Vulcan

I think it seems to be a desperate attempt to defend Moore by claiming anyone here implied that.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
@Free Vulcan

I think it seems to be a desperate attempt to defend Moore by claiming anyone here implied that.

Only Bill Kristol comes close to it but doesn't make any claims that Moore had a hand in it.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The Inside the beltway bastards are DESPARATELY afraid of Judge Roy Moore!  THAT's what I see!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
The Inside the beltway bastards are DESPARATELY afraid of Judge Roy Moore!  THAT's what I see!

This woman was put out there by James O'Keefe with Project Veritas, not an 'inside the beltway bastard'. His attempt to play a trap game backfired. His 'stings' are big reward/big risk propositions. If they work, they can blow the lid off big things. If they fail (like this), it can backfire in a dramatic way.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
This woman was put out there by James O'Keefe with Project Veritas, not an 'inside the beltway bastard'. His attempt to play a trap game backfired. His 'stings' are big reward/big risk propositions. If they work, they can blow the lid off big things. If they fail (like this), it can backfire in a dramatic way.

And I was not speaking about this exclusively but the picture as a whole as I see it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Roy Moore molested me too. When I was 14, or 13, or 12, something like that. He groped me and made me feel uncomfortable. It was 40 years ago, or maybe 39. or 38, it was something like that, I think maybe.

Anyway, Roy Moore molested me sometime, somewhere. Regardless of the details, that is my accusation.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
@Free Vulcan

Nope, but you prominently displace tweets of people who imply that, as confirmation.

And here - http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,292503.msg1525837.html#msg1525837 - you say:

Reminds me of Moore’s wife spreading false information all over Facebook days ago.  This is not how innocent people and those who defend them act.

So you imply there's a pattern, and further imply that the two are connected because of it.

Is that what you're saying?
The Republic is lost.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Roy Moore molested me too. When I was 14, or 13, or 12, something like that. He groped me and made me feel uncomfortable. It was 40 years ago, or maybe 39. or 38, it was something like that, I think maybe.

Anyway, Roy Moore molested me sometime, somewhere. Regardless of the details, that is my accusation.

@240B
I'm sorry to hear that.  I was molested by Nicole Kidman, Elizabeth Hurley and Kim Basigner.    It was horrible
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline edpc

Go to Olde Hickory House, get wood.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
@240B
I'm sorry to hear that.  I was molested by Nicole Kidman, Elizabeth Hurley and Kim Basigner.    It was horrible

Mine was with Jeri Ryan, Sandra Bullock, and Kate Beckinsdale. Horrible, just horrible.
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

Mine was with Jeri Ryan, Sandra Bullock, and Kate Beckinsdale. Horrible, just horrible.

Speaking of Jeri Ryan, remember when her dungeon master ex called the release of their custody court records ‘a new low in American politics’ back in 2004?  Wonder what he thinks of this.