Author Topic: Washington Post: 'Sting' Sought To Embarrass Paper In Sex Probe (Project Veritas - Roy Moore)  (Read 1447 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Washington (AFP) - The Washington Post said Monday it was the target of an apparent "sting" operation that sought to plant a false story to discredit the newspaper's investigation of sexual misconduct allegations against Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore.

The Post reported that a woman shared a dramatic story -- which could not be substantiated -- that Moore impregnated her when she was a teenager in 1992 and that she later had an abortion.

But it said the woman, who was interviewed several times over two weeks, was seen entering the New York offices of Project Veritas, an organization which targets mainstream media organizations.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/washington-post-sting-sought-embarrass-newspaper-sex-probe-223047196.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

For those desiring more Moore.......

I get what O'Keefe have been trying to do, showing that news organizations will run with a story for political purposes, but I'm not sure this will endear him to some Moore supporters.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Washington (AFP) - The Washington Post said Monday it was the target of an apparent "sting" operation that sought to plant a false story to discredit the newspaper's investigation of sexual misconduct allegations against Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore.

The Post reported that a woman shared a dramatic story -- which could not be substantiated -- that Moore impregnated her when she was a teenager in 1992 and that she later had an abortion.

But it said the woman, who was interviewed several times over two weeks, was seen entering the New York offices of Project Veritas, an organization which targets mainstream media organizations.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/washington-post-sting-sought-embarrass-newspaper-sex-probe-223047196.html

Sounds like they had those professional liars going for about two weeks.   

At least James O'keefe is putting up a fight against this propaganda organization. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline skeeter

For those desiring more Moore.......

I get what O'Keefe have been trying to do, showing that news organizations will run with a story for political purposes, but I'm not sure this will endear him to some Moore supporters.

Obviously he was trying to get inflammatory comments from the reporter to the effect that their goal was to torpedo Moore, not to plant a phony story to 'discredit his accusers' as the MSM is now claiming.

He's had a good run, but looks like he stepped in it this time. The fake story was too big - if he'd stuck with a 'he put his hand on my knee when I was 16' they'da rushed it to the presses, substantiated or not.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 12:20:32 am by skeeter »

Offline DiogenesLamp

Obviously he was trying to get inflammatory comments from the reporter to the effect that their goal was to torpedo Moore, not to plant a phony story to 'discredit his accusers' as the MSM is now claiming.

I don't believe that.   I cannot believe any of their "reporters"  would be so foolish as to be candid with people they don't even know.    I've dealt with these sort of people.   They don't let you know a d@mn thing about what they are thinking,   they just nod their head politely,   and later run their smear story. 

He's had a good run, but looks like he stepped in it this time.

The thing I find most intriguing is how anyone at the Washington Post got information that this woman was walking into Project Veritas offices in New York?   

Who is doing the spying here?   Do they have Project Veritas staked out?   

« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 12:23:47 am by DiogenesLamp »
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Frank Cannon

Great. More Moore threads. Looking so forward to the next 15 days of wall to wall Roy.

Offline skeeter

I don't believe that.   I cannot believe any of their "reporters"  would be so foolish as to be candid with people they don't even know.   

They weren't candid, apparently.

I agree with your characterization of reporters as being very coy with how they intend to report a story, though. Maybe thats what was fundamentally wrong with Veritas approach here, if the story is true.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 12:31:38 am by skeeter »

Offline edpc

The fake story was too big - if he'd stuck with a 'he put his hand on my knee when I was 16' they'da rushed it to the presses, substantiated or not.

Well, he's been known to go over the top in the past.  Crossing the southern border, dressed as bin Laden and going into government offices playing the role of a pimp.

Offline edpc

Great. More Moore threads. Looking so forward to the next 15 days of wall to wall Roy.

I was thinking specifically of you while posting...... :cool:

Offline DiogenesLamp

1/100 th of the power of the Senate hangs on this.   It could be the difference between a lot of legislation/confirmations  getting through the Senate or not.   

It is also significant in trying to maintain momentum for "change"  in getting rid of the Deep State swamp control of the nation.   

It is currently the most significant thing (for a lot of different reasons)  going on in US politics at the moment.   

This is where the current fight between the right and left is focused at the moment. 

Franken getting sacked would just be gravy.
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

They weren't candid, apparently.

I agree with your characterization of reporters as being very coy with how they intend to report a story, though. Maybe thats what was fundamentally wrong with Veritas approach here, if the story is true.

Being candid in this current environment would be colossally stupid.    Our enemies may be liberal,   but they know how to do politics.   

I think O'Keefe was trying to get them to run the story so he could crow about planting a fake story with the Washington Post.   It would demonstrate that they will believe anyone so long as they are saying derogatory things about their target.   

Bad luck that the woman got caught.   Again,  who is spying on Project Veritas such that they could catch her? 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline skeeter

Being candid in this current environment would be colossally stupid.    Our enemies may be liberal,   but they know how to do politics.   

I think O'Keefe was trying to get them to run the story so he could crow about planting a fake story with the Washington Post.   It would demonstrate that they will believe anyone so long as they are saying derogatory things about their target.   

Bad luck that the woman got caught.   Again,  who is spying on Project Veritas such that they could catch her?

The way things have been going for the MSM lately (not good), there's probably more to the story yet to come out.

Offline Frank Cannon

1/100 th of the power of the Senate hangs on this. 

In other words 1%. That shows how worthless this matter is.

Offline DiogenesLamp

In other words 1%. That shows how worthless this matter is.

A lot of elections are decided by less than 1%.   

Al Franken.  George W Bush.    Do you think the outcome would have been significantly different had the 1% gone the other way?   

I do. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline edpc

1/100 th of the power of the Senate hangs on this.   It could be the difference between a lot of legislation/confirmations  getting through the Senate or not.

I'd agree if part of the problem with the current 52 was in AL, but it's not.

Offline Major Confusion

• If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.

Sounds like they had those professional liars going for about two weeks.   

At least James O'keefe is putting up a fight against this propaganda organization.

By providing false information to the reporters?  Give me a king-sized break.  If you think this kind of stuff is ok, you're part of the problem.  I read the Post daily and IMHO they do a good job overall.
If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.

Silver Pines

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,292502.msg1525525.html#msg1525525

Conservative reaction to this sleazy crap here (mods please merge if you want).

Looks like O’Keefe is in meltdown mode, admitting the woman works for him, then denying it later.

Reminds me of Moore’s wife spreading false information all over Facebook days ago.  This is not how innocent people and those who defend them act.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,292502.msg1525525.html#msg1525525

Conservative reaction to this sleazy crap here (mods please merge if you want).

Looks like O’Keefe is in meltdown mode, admitting the woman works for him, then denying it later.

Reminds me of Moore’s wife spreading false information all over Facebook days ago.  This is not how innocent people and those who defend them act.

So you're implying that Moore had something to do with this because his wife supposedly doing the same thing, according to you? Nice try at linking with innuendo.

Talk about sleazy. But then again you hang on the word of Gloria Allred and Stephanie McGrummen, two sleaze peddlers.

Remember to check for fleas when you get up.
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
By providing false information to the reporters?  Give me a king-sized break.  If you think this kind of stuff is ok, you're part of the problem.  I read the Post daily and IMHO they do a good job overall.

How about YOU giving us a break!  The NY Times and the Washington Compost are nothing more than the propaganda arms of the Democrat party these days and that has been true for quite some time now!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The thing I find most intriguing is how anyone at the Washington Post got information that this woman was walking into Project Veritas offices in New York?   

Who is doing the spying here?   Do they have Project Veritas staked out?   
OK, I said I wasn't going to keep beating this dead horse given the steadfast refusal of a certain few women on here who refuse to consider any evidence or logic contradicting their insistence that Roy Moore is supposedly a child molester... BUT... since I'm here checking my message inbox, I'll answer this:

Amazon.

Think about it. Jeff Bezos owns both. Amazon's starting to build its brick-and-mortar presence through buying Whole Foods and the like. I suspect Bezos is using Amazon employees undercover to do the Post's dirty work.

Then again, this was a sloppy attempt on O'Keefe's part. At least he could've used an agent with a false name that could be traced back to Alabama. He chose to make the story as unbelievable as possible. These types aren't that stupid. Anyone who has ever been interviewed by a newspaper knows they are experts at manipulating and distorting the truth while at the same time hiding it.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
How very positively leftist of O'Keefe.