Author Topic: New Roy Moore accuser comes forward: Watch live, updates from press conference  (Read 4637 times)

Offline Applewood

@Applewood

Because he's going for Senate?  Because of all the other news about this stuff?

Good question but 30 to 40 years ago she was a scared kid and he was a powerful person.

There can be no charges but this guy doesn't belong in the Senate.  Time to hitch our horse to a different wagon.

Ok...who? 

And by the way, it's supposed to be the voters who decides whether Moore belongs in the senate, not McConnell, his buds in both parties, or any of us.  Not sure how the voters will react to know their choice is being taken away from them.  I know if I was an Alabama voter, I would be royally pizzed.

Online libertybele

@Victoria33

If he did that to my kid he would be alligator food, da, judge or whatever.

She claims that she told her family ... yes ... you would think that they would have dropped him off in a nearby swamp by now or made the incident known long ago so he didn't hold a political office.  The family did nothing and she herself did nothing for decades, till now.  That's my point.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

This is part of the woman's statement:

A week or two later I was working at the restaurant. My shift ended at 10pm when the restaurant closed. It was a cold night and I went outside to wait for my boyfriend to pick me up and drive me home. My boyfriend was late. Mr. Moore exited the restaurant at the same time as I did. He noticed that my boyfriend was not there and he offered me a ride home.

I trusted Mr. Moore. He was the District attorney. I thought that he was simply doing something nice by offering to drive me home. I did not want to wait outside in the cold so I agreed.

I wanted to call my boyfriend but this was before cell phones and I had no way to contact him. My home was only about two and a half miles away. I planned to call my boyfriend after I got home to let him know that I had gotten a ride home and that there was no need for him to pick me up.

Mr. Moore was wearing brown hush puppies on his feet. He drove a two door car. I believe that it was an old car, but I do not recall the model. I got into his car in the passenger seat. He began driving. I thought he would get on the highway, but instead he drove to the back of the restaurant. I was not immediately alarmed as there was an exit from the back of the restaurant to the street and he could drive from there to my house without getting on the highway. However, instead of driving to the street he stopped the car and parked his car in between the dumpster and the back of the restaurant where there were no lights. The area was dark and deserted. I was alarmed and I immediately asked him what he was doing.

Instead of answering my question, Mr. Moore reached over and began groping me, putting his hands on my breasts. I tried to open my car door to leave, but he reached over and locked it so I could not get out. I tried fighting him off, while yelling at him to stop, but instead of stopping he began squeezing my neck attempting to force my head onto his crotch. I continued to struggle. I was determined that I was not allow him to force me to have sex with him. I was terrified. He was also trying to pull my shirt off. I thought that he was going to rape me. I was twisting and struggling and begging him to stop. I had tears running down my face.

Too much detail.   Hushpuppies?  She remembers his shoe brand?  Also, why not call the boyfriend from the restaurant?  And finally, she says she and Moore walked out of the restaurant together.  Yet she says she waited for her boyfriend to pick her up and that Moore offered her a ride.  Doesn't sound like she waited at all.

She also says this happened a week or two after the Dec 22 date.  She should be able to identify the exact date since she knows so many other details.  Was it Jan 1, 1978?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

@Applewood

Because he's going for Senate?  Because of all the other news about this stuff?

Good question but 30 to 40 years ago she was a scared kid and he was a powerful person.

There can be no charges but this guy doesn't belong in the Senate.   Time to hitch our horse to a different wagon.

Go back and read the article; she states that she told her family.  You mean to tell me that her family did nothing? 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Go back and read the article; she states that she told her family.  You mean to tell me that her family did nothing?

I would think that they could have complained to the District Attorney if she had made her accusations sound as serious as they do now.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

@libertybele

Perhaps they went to police and the police blew em off, who knows.  It doesn't matter now, it did back then. 

What matters is he's admitted to pursuing girls in high school.   Can you honestly say you want a guy who would abuse his position to prey on young girls (girls half his age) in the Senate?  Don't we have enough of those? 

On top of that he's so politically compromised at this point he would be powerless. 
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

I would think that they could have complained to the District Attorney if she had made her accusations sound as serious as they do now.   

@DiogenesLamp
Yeah that worked out so well for people who complained about powerful politicians in Arkansas about the same time period.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Time to hitch our horse to a different wagon.
There's no other wagon. It's him or the Democrat and the ballots are already printed.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline roamer_1

I've know plenty of gals who would have decked someone that did that to them,   and they wouldn't have wept and moaned about how violated they feel.    There are just some @$$holes out there that won't behave,  and occasionally women run into one of them.     

It's normally not a cause for therapy,  it's just the sort of unpleasant incident which most women would deal with and move on.   

LOL! naw. You don't understand how this works at all...
This is country, son.
First of all, no redneck gal worth her salt is gonna take that crap, she's gonna leave a mark.

And if she ain't took care of it enough on her own, she's gonna tell her brothers and her daddy, show her bruises to them (or her mamma), tell the mark she left on him, and believe you me, that boy's gonna pay hell.

I have been personally participant in more than one remonstration of that sort. And his power and station wouldn't matter a whit.

Offline roamer_1

Seriously folks what's to debate.  He admits to dating high school girls as a 30+ year old man.   He's a predator and a sick sob.

If more people had known this he certainly wouldn't have made it this far.

Bullshit. My dad is a sick sob too then, as he was late 20's when he married my 17yo mother.

Offline Victoria33

Then how did you ever unlock the door?
The control was on the driver's side.

Offline Frank Cannon

Name me the make and model of these vehicles if they were a thing coming out of Detroit.

Offline DiogenesLamp

LOL! naw. You don't understand how this works at all...
This is country, son.
First of all, no redneck gal worth her salt is gonna take that crap, she's gonna leave a mark.

And if she ain't took care of it enough on her own, she's gonna tell her brothers and her daddy, show her bruises to them (or her mamma), tell the mark she left on him, and believe you me, that boy's gonna pay hell.

I have been personally participant in more than one remonstration of that sort. And his power and station wouldn't matter a whit.

This is what I was thinking.   Who are these girls from Alabama that don't know how to deal with a masher?    This weeping snowflake routine is not what I would expect from this part of the country.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

So  the passenger could never get out unless the driver electrically unlocked the passenger side door?   

In the event of an accident in which the driver is unable to push the button,  the passenger is just stuck in the car?   

That doesn't make sense,  especially from a liability perspective.   I don't see any car manufacture doing something so foolish.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Can't be worse than the principled clowns who abandon the GOP to give us Obama and Clinton, and now, these "independents" are all upset about Roy Moore. Hypocrites.

Offline Victoria33

You forgot the word, "allegedly."
@Applewood

Just quoted what she said as a poster said she didn't say he did anything.

Offline roamer_1

Name me the make and model of these vehicles if they were a thing coming out of Detroit.

It ain't so... Some had a master lock/autolock on the driver's door (Thinking of an LTD Country Squire in particular) that would lock all the doors, but it never disabled the ability to manipulate the mechanical door lock on the door.  But then, you knew that already.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
@libertybele

Perhaps they went to police and the police blew em off, who knows.  It doesn't matter now, it did back then. 

What matters is he's admitted to pursuing girls in high school.   Can you honestly say you want a guy who would abuse his position to prey on young girls (girls half his age) in the Senate?  Don't we have enough of those? 

On top of that he's so politically compromised at this point he would be powerless.

Exactly, @Applewood , this is the way I see it.

Moore made a lot of his name by being real hard on homosexuals. Do you not know this? Now, there is nothing worse, than a Preacher type to be caught largely being a hypocrite. His morality has been undermined.

Though, I still think this is for the people of Alabama to decide, the danger here is though, when it goes to DC and if Moore is elected, it could be a bit of a circus and a sideshow.

Offline roamer_1

This is what I was thinking.   Who are these girls from Alabama that don't know how to deal with a masher?    This weeping snowflake routine is not what I would expect from this part of the country.   

If she don't know how, her daddy sure does. Fifty year feuds have started over way less than that.

Offline DiogenesLamp

when it goes to DC and if Moore is elected, it could be a bit of a circus and a sideshow.

To be honest,   I was very much looking forward to that.   I expected Moore to be quite entertaining. 
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Victoria33

Yes that is odd, isn't it?
@roamer_1

Each school has its own system regarding yearbooks and we are talking 40 yrs. ago.  Would have to talk to school to find out how they did it that long ago.  She took it to her job one day and he signed it.  Being a DA, he likely signed and dated it like he would something in his office.  If the writing did not match today's writing, her attorney would not have let her show it. The writing is distinctive enough to compare to today's writing. He was in his 30s so the writing would not be much different than today's, especially for an attorney.  The yearbook connects him to her.

When he talked to Hannity before this last woman, he said he didn't remember dating young girls; said if he did it, he doesn't remember.  Hannity asked him over and over if he dated young girls - finally he said no.  I knew he was lying then as a simple no the first time Hannity asked was so simple and he couldn't say it.  Another time, he said he asked the girls' parents.  If he doesn't remember it, how could he remember he asked girls' parents?  He has been all over the board trying to explain this to get out of it.

Offline roamer_1

Each school has its own system regarding yearbooks and we are talking 40 yrs. ago.  Would have to talk to school to find out how they did it that long ago.  She took it to her job one day and he signed it.  Being a DA, he likely signed and dated it like he would something in his office.  If the writing did not match today's writing, her attorney would not have let her show it. The writing is distinctive enough to compare to today's writing. He was in his 30s so the writing would not be much different than today's, especially for an attorney.  The yearbook connects him to her.

@Victoria33

Oh, I have no doubt the sig is authentic. But it is odd as hell that it was made at christmas time, when yearbooks generally come out in the spring. And the sig does not look very personal to me - more of an autograph than a personal message.

When he talked to Hannity before this last woman, he said he didn't remember dating young girls; said if he did it, he doesn't remember.  Hannity asked him over and over if he dated young girls - finally he said no.  I knew he was lying then as a simple no the first time Hannity asked was so simple and he couldn't say it.  Another time, he said he asked the girls' parents.  If he doesn't remember it, how could he remember he asked girls' parents?  He has been all over the board trying to explain this to get out of it.

As I have said elsewhere, as an exercise, I have tried to remember all the gals I went out with (which are reasonably few), and couldn't get it done. I have been stopped by women I did not know who remembered me and went out with me that I had little or no recollection of. And I am 20 years Moore's junior.

If I had taken a gal to an event or two, and even got a kiss, I might not remember that at all.

So it is of little concern to me that Moore is hedging.I would be too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
“I tried to open my car door to leave, but he reached over and locked it so I could not get out."

That's as far as I needed to go before I gave up on the importance of this. So this dizzy broad is trying to say that once he pushed the button down, there was no possible way for her to reach over and pull it up?

Funny how everyone is thinking "dating" (the euphamism used by strippers who sell it on the side) is sex, how "underage" means under 18 or under 21, but is being conflated with single digits, and yes, even that he pushed the button and locked all the doors, even though that wouldn't be an option for a while, and not standard for decades.

To a sweeter more beautiful girl I could not say "Merry Christmas", Christmas 1977 Love, Roy Moore, DA 12-22-1977

This is an indication of obsessive sexual compulsion? **nononono*

We know one thing about Democrats, when it doesn't work, they double down, caught in a lie, they double down. Always.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Victoria33

And they still cannot do it!  There is absolutely NO constitutional basis that would allow the senate to overthrow an election!  NONE!
@Bigun

2/3 vote of the Senate can remove a member.

Offline Victoria33

She claims that she told her family ... yes ... you would think that they would have dropped him off in a nearby swamp by now or made the incident known long ago so he didn't hold a political office.  The family did nothing and she herself did nothing for decades, till now.  That's my point.
@libertybele

Think I remember she told her mother two years ago.  She told her husband before she married him.