Author Topic: New Roy Moore accuser comes forward: Watch live, updates from press conference  (Read 4635 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

@libertybele

Everyone deserves a day in court.   However, he's admitted to enough that his standing is destroyed.

Its time to figure out how to retain the seat and let him worry about his guilt or not.

Alabamans need to vote for Moore,   the Senate led by McConnell,  and at the urging of the other human garbage in the Senate,  will vote to refuse to seat him,   then the Governor of Alabama will appoint someone to finish Session's term. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Republicans should find it refreshing to have a heterosexual scandal, after Ted Haggard, Larry Craig and Denny Hastert.

If he knew a girl was 14, or if he forced himself on any age girl, I can't support him.

I believe it is impossible to know the whole truth with certainty by election day.

His days are probably numbered, since half the Republicans are pushing him out.

I already predict the Senate will refuse to seat him.   They didn't want him in there in the first place,  and now they've got all the excuse they need to stop him from being seated regardless of how the vote turns out in Alabama. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online roamer_1

Two things here.  First, who dates a signature in a yearbook, especially after writing "Christmas 1977".  Secondly, yearbooks come out in the Spring.  So who brings last year's yearbook to work and hands it to an older man to sign?  Yearbook signing typically takes place the last week or two of the Spring semester.

Yes that is odd, isn't it?

Offline Hoodat

Alabamans need to vote for Moore,   the Senate led by McConnell,  and at the urging of the other human garbage in the Senate,  will vote to refuse to seat him,   then the Governor of Alabama will appoint someone to finish Session's term.

The last governor of Alabama appointed State AG Luther Strange in exchange for Strange delaying his impeachment.  Not sure what the new governor would do.

The only recourse I see is to repeal the 17th Amendment.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline RetBobbyMI

If Gloria Allred is involved, it’s just bs. She’s nothing more than an ambulance chaser.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

I already predict the Senate will refuse to seat him.   They didn't want him in there in the first place,  and now they've got all the excuse they need to stop him from being seated regardless of how the vote turns out in Alabama.

And thus begins in earnest, what they have been working to ensure since they rewrote the party rules in the last two-conventions: that the Oligarchy will choose our rulers for us.

Which is why - the Republican party simply needs to be abandoned and destroyed.

I plan to do my share.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Totally agree
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

@libertybele

He grabbed her breasts, tried to force her head into his crotch, tried to take off her shirt.

You forgot the word, "allegedly."

Offline DiogenesLamp

If the writing samples are different, it would effectively disprove the whole story. The sample shown in the picture looks like Moore's current signature. To assume Moore's signature has remained that consistent for four decades is fishy.

Precisely because it would be so easy to disprove,   I believe we will find that this part of her story is definitely true.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline libertybele

@libertybele

He grabbed her breasts, tried to force her head into his crotch, tried to take off her shirt.

IF true her claims are indeed absolutely horrific, despicable and he's the scum of the earth!  All, I am stating is she has no proof and I question why she is coming forward now when she had ample opportunity in years past to come forward; this isn't his first run for office.  You would think that she would have wanted to bring him down and hold him accountable long before now. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DiogenesLamp

The last governor of Alabama appointed State AG Luther Strange in exchange for Strange delaying his impeachment.  Not sure what the new governor would do.

I think there might be an outcry if she appointed Strange,  but she may not care.   The Swamp wants Strange,  and so they might just get him. 

Of course she could appoint Mo Brooks,   but given the pull for Strange,  she will likely appoint him. 

The only recourse I see is to repeal the 17th Amendment.

That isn't going to happen.    People don't grasp the need to do so,  and so they won't. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
@libertybele

@Victoria33

If he did that to my kid he would be alligator food, da, judge or whatever.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

IF true her claims are indeed absolutely horrific, despicable and he's the scum of the earth!  All, I am stating is she has no proof and I question why she is coming forward now when she had ample opportunity in years past to come forward; this isn't his first run for office.  You would think that she would have wanted to bring him down and hold him accountable long before now.

@maybe because nobody would belive her and going forward with something like that in Alabama or say Arkansas at that time was bad for your health.

Offline aligncare

On basis would they refuse to seat Moore? On mere allegations launched on the eve of an election?

Should he win, the senate must accept Alabama’s choice for senator. There’s no provision to do otherwise.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 10:39:04 pm by aligncare »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Yet another steaming pile of Gloria Allred political BS! 

How many times have we seen this movie already?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DiogenesLamp

Or she just didn't care until other people started getting the glory for making accusations.    Is having some guy grabbing your boobies and trying to push your head down to his crotch such a horrific experience that a woman must be rendered psychologically shell shocked for the rest of her life as a result of it?     

I've know plenty of gals who would have decked someone that did that to them,   and they wouldn't have wept and moaned about how violated they feel.    There are just some @$$holes out there that won't behave,  and occasionally women run into one of them.     

It's normally not a cause for therapy,  it's just the sort of unpleasant incident which most women would deal with and move on.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline driftdiver

Seriously folks what's to debate.  He admits to dating high school girls as a 30+ year old man.   He's a predator and a sick sob.

If more people had known this he certainly wouldn't have made it this far.

Offline DiogenesLamp

On basis would they refuse to seat Moore? On mere allegations launched on the eve of an election?

Yes.   It's not hard to convince people to do something they want to do anyway.   They will say he tarnishes the reputation of the Senate and then they would vote him out.   

You will get all the Democrats,   and at least half of the Republicans to go along with this.   It doesn't matter if it isn't fair,   they are Senators who can vote as they please.   

Should he win, the senate must accept Alabama’s choice for senator. There’s no provision to do otherwise.

It's not going to work like that.   McConnell doesn't want him,  and neither do the rest of the swamp creatures,  like McCain,  Graham,  and so forth. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Applewood

@maybe because nobody would belive her and going forward with something like that in Alabama or say Arkansas at that time was bad for your health.

Ok...but where was she during the last 40 or so years?  Where was she during the primary? 

That's what I keep going back to -- why bring up this stuff now? 

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Seriously folks what's to debate.  He admits to dating high school girls as a 30+ year old man.
Have you ever tried dating as a guy in his early 30s? High schoolers, especially in rural Alabama, might have been the only women available. The woman he married wasn't much older.   
He's a predator and a sick sob.

Yet it seems most people DID know this, and he still made it this far.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 10:46:19 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline driftdiver

Ok...but where was she during the last 40 or so years?  Where was she during the primary? 

That's what I keep going back to -- why bring up this stuff now?

@Applewood

Because he's going for Senate?  Because of all the other news about this stuff?

Good question but 30 to 40 years ago she was a scared kid and he was a powerful person.

There can be no charges but this guy doesn't belong in the Senate.   Time to hitch our horse to a different wagon.

Offline Hoodat

A 15-year-old would need a work permit to work in Alabama.   Don't know why a restaurant would hire a 15-year-old when there were plenty of adults willing to do that during the malaise of the Carter years.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Yes.   It's not hard to convince people to do something they want to do anyway.   They will say he tarnishes the reputation of the Senate and then they would vote him out.   

You will get all the Democrats,   and at least half of the Republicans to go along with this.   It doesn't matter if it isn't fair,   they are Senators who can vote as they please.   

It's not going to work like that.   McConnell doesn't want him,  and neither do the rest of the swamp creatures,  like McCain,  Graham,  and so forth.

And they still cannot do it!  There is absolutely NO constitutional basis that would allow the senate to overthrow an election!  NONE!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DiogenesLamp

Seriously folks what's to debate.  He admits to dating high school girls as a 30+ year old man.   He's a predator and a sick sob.

I don't care about him dating high school girls.   I really don't.   As I said,  after he came back from Vietnam,  all the girls his own age were mostly married.   His choice was a retread or catching one before she got married.    Most girls get married right out of high school.   As the age goes up,  so too does the likelihood that they are already married to someone else.

Well we don't know if these two women are even telling the truth,  or perhaps exaggerating.   Even if accepted at face value,   nothing in this compares to Clinton,  Kennedy,  or Menendez. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

@Applewood

Because he's going for Senate?  Because of all the other news about this stuff?

Good question but 30 to 40 years ago she was a scared kid and he was a powerful person.

There can be no charges but this guy doesn't belong in the Senate.   Time to hitch our horse to a different wagon.

The baby murderer?   

I'm thinking we need to keep our morality concerns in order of priority. 

— Lord Melbourne —