Author Topic: New Roy Moore accuser comes forward: Watch live, updates from press conference  (Read 4638 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Can you name the vehicle that has this mythical option?

I don't know the model, but I know when I was a kid my parents had a giant Oldsmobile that was like that. It would have been the early 80s so quite likely a late 70s model.

Online libertybele

He already stated he dated high school girls (just didn't bone them) and if this yearbook is true, he was creeping on them at least a bit.

Seriously, even if he didn't try to assault them, I doubt anyone anyone here with a daughter would feel very comfortable with some 30 year old writing notes to his 16-17 year old daughter telling her how beautiful she is.

The assault claims don't need to be true for the creep factor to still be through the roof.

I understand what you are stating ... it is one thing to be creepy ... there are a lot of creepy people ... but that doesn't mean he is guilty of assault!  Maybe he thought he was cool and had a cool car and was showing it off.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 09:24:07 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
What's another creepy Senator on Cap Hill.............../s
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Business Insider‏Verified account @businessinsider
2m2 minutes ago

Roy Moore allegedly signed a high-school student's yearbook before sexually assaulting her http://read.bi/2zC2xtP

Somebody ought to look through the records of Etowah County at the time for a sample of Moore's handwriting and see if it matches this sample.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Applewood

He already stated he dated high school girls (just didn't bone them) and if this yearbook is true, he was creeping on them at least a bit.

Seriously, even if he didn't try to assault them, I doubt anyone anyone here with a daughter would feel very comfortable with some 30 year old writing notes to his 16-17 year old daughter telling her how beautiful she is.

The assault claims don't need to be true for the creep factor to still be through the roof.

I don't see anything even bordering on improper behavior by telling a girl how beautiful she is.  In fact, girls that age often have zero self-confidence.  They need to hear they are ok.   I see nothing in that note alluding to anything sexual.

But let's say you are right and these incidents occurred...40 or so years ago.  I said elsewhere that from the 1960s to the 1980s, there was a lot of aberrant behavior going on and many young people were caught up in it.  It's not an excuse for that behavior, but I believe that once AIDS came along, most people wised up and started to live more moral lives.   To me the important thing is, if these allegations are true, has Moore continued such bad behavior lately?  So far, the answer appears to be "no." 

Doesn't sound like we have a Ted Kennedy or an Anthony Weiner here. 

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I understand what you are stating ... it is one thing to be creepy ... there are a lot of creepy people ... but that doesn't mean he is guilty of assault!  Maybe he thought he was cool and had a cool car and was showing it off.

@libertybele

Everyone deserves a day in court.   However, he's admitted to enough that his standing is destroyed.

Its time to figure out how to retain the seat and let him worry about his guilt or not.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Frank Cannon

I don't know the model, but I know when I was a kid my parents had a giant Oldsmobile that was like that. It would have been the early 80s so quite likely a late 70s model.

Bullshit. I own the first car that offered window locks. Drove it today. 1969 Cadillac. It was on all but the Calais line. All it does is lock the windows out from the passengers. It has dick to do with locks. There isn't and never has been a car offered with a lock lock. Prior to the 80's all power locks were either vacuum (Mercedes) or a solenoid. You could ALWAYS override the lock button manually.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Somebody ought to look through the records of Etowah County at the time for a sample of Moore's handwriting and see if it matches this sample.

Current signature.

Online Hoodat

That's what I was thinking.   Back then, cars didn't have those overly complicated door locks they have now. 

I call BS.

The thing that stands out with both of these accusations is the amount of detail each 'victim' provides.  Seriously, look back at some event that happened to you 38 years ago, and see if you remember details like locked car doors, phones in bedrooms, putting on makeup to hide bruises, tighty white underwear, etc.

I can remember getting in fights in high school.  But I can't come up with a single detail on any of them.  All I remember is fighting with someone whose face I hardly remember, much less what they were wearing.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Victoria33

Can you name the vehicle that has this mythical option?
@Frank Cannon

Maybe you are too young to know about those cars.  People drown in cars like that and burned up in cars like that because there was no button to pull up so they couldn't get out.  When pushed down, the top of the button was lower than the window so there was no button to pull. After numerous deaths, that method was changed.

Online Hoodat

Two things here.  First, who dates a signature in a yearbook, especially after writing "Christmas 1977".  Secondly, yearbooks come out in the Spring.  So who brings last year's yearbook to work and hands it to an older man to sign?  Yearbook signing typically takes place the last week or two of the Spring semester.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
@Frank Cannon

Maybe you are too young to know about those cars.  People drown in cars like that and burned up in cars like that because there was no button to pull up so they couldn't get out.  When pushed down, the top of the button was lower than the window so there was no button to pull. After numerous deaths, that method was changed.

I think the idea of that kind of door lock was to make it harder to steal the car.   I've locked myself out of cars before and used a coat hanger to grab the knob end of the door button.  But I recall that at least one of my cars from back in the day had the button that disappeared into the car door when locked.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online libertybele

@Frank Cannon

Ok ... whatever ... we can ping pong back and forth about the validity of the locks.  The accuser has admitted that she was NOT raped, nor did she claim she was sexually assaulted ... her only claim is that she felt that he might!  Again ... why is she coming forward now?  Who is paying her? 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I don't see anything even bordering on improper behavior by telling a girl how beautiful she is.  In fact, girls that age often have zero self-confidence.  They need to hear they are ok.   I see nothing in that note alluding to anything sexual.

But let's say you are right and these incidents occurred...40 or so years ago.  I said elsewhere that from the 1960s to the 1980s, there was a lot of aberrant behavior going on and many young people were caught up in it.  It's not an excuse for that behavior, but I believe that once AIDS came along, most people wised up and started to live more moral lives.   To me the important thing is, if these allegations are true, has Moore continued such bad behavior lately?  So far, the answer appears to be "no." 

Doesn't sound like we have a Ted Kennedy or an Anthony Weiner here.
Indeed, sexual predators tend to have the desire to be predators forever. The political hacks trying to destroy Moore's career have not found a single example of questionable behavior before or after a very narrow window in the late 1970s.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Ok ... whatever ... we can ping pong back and forth about the validity of the locks.  The accuser has admitted that she was NOT raped, nor did she claim she was sexually assaulted ... her only claim is that she felt that he might!  Again ... why is she coming forward now?  Who is paying her?
Well, she is being represented by Gloria Allred, who is notorious for being a political vulture (see: Herman Cain), so she's the most likely candidate. Consider it a commercial for her services.

Offline Victoria33

@libertybele

He grabbed her breasts, tried to force her head into his crotch, tried to take off her shirt. 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Republicans should find it refreshing to have a heterosexual scandal, after Ted Haggard, Larry Craig and Denny Hastert.

If he knew a girl was 14, or if he forced himself on any age girl, I can't support him.

I believe it is impossible to know the whole truth with certainty by election day.

His days are probably numbered, since half the Republicans are pushing him out. 

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline roamer_1

Nah. That's totally bogus. There ain't a single dang one that a jimmy doesn't work on... And all a jimmy does is reach down along the glass to catch the linkage going to the locking knob.

That means, for those of you in Rio Linda, that nothing overrides the simple mechanical means. If a jimmy can do it so can you.

Offline roamer_1

Bullshit. I own the first car that offered window locks. Drove it today. 1969 Cadillac. It was on all but the Calais line. All it does is lock the windows out from the passengers. It has dick to do with locks. There isn't and never has been a car offered with a lock lock. Prior to the 80's all power locks were either vacuum (Mercedes) or a solenoid. You could ALWAYS override the lock button manually.

That's exactly true.

Offline Frank Cannon

@Frank Cannon

Then how did you ever unlock the door? I have been in the collector car hobby for 4 decades and have never seen a factory car from the 60's or 70's that had that had anything other than a button on the window sill except for Corvette. Some people used to put smooth pull on cars so they couldn't be hangered open by thieves, but there was a button there to grab because other than Ford, you couldn't open the door from the inside with unlocking it. WTF would be the point of making a car you couldn't get out of EVER?

« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 10:13:38 pm by Frank Cannon »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

He grabbed her breasts, tried to force her head into his crotch, tried to take off her shirt.

Evidence.

Or it's pure bullshit - as in the politics of personal destruction.

I don't buy a single word of these allegations due the fact of their Christmas Miracle nature and zero allegations in 40-plus years of political campaigns and public service.

The fact the GOP leadership was first out of the gate to tell him to "step aside" while the Democrats at the same exact time have rallied their wagons around Menendez with assistance from Lindsey Graham to protect him and his seat tells me all I need to know.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline roamer_1

I think the idea of that kind of door lock was to make it harder to steal the car.   I've locked myself out of cars before and used a coat hanger to grab the knob end of the door button.  But I recall that at least one of my cars from back in the day had the button that disappeared into the car door when locked.

Nope. smooth cylindrical after market knobs made em impossible to hook with a coat hanger, but I am absolutely unaware of a single model whose mechanical lock mechanism couldn't be freely and purposefully activated by hand.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Why?   I would just assume that it's him.   I would also ask how signing a yearbook can be proof of an assault?   

It's proof that he knew her,  but it does not prove he assaulted her.   The other 3 women said he simply hugged and kissed them,   so it's odd that he would behave differently with this one.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline roamer_1

@Frank Cannon

No... Not a single one 50's -80's that I am aware of.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

Why?   I would just assume that it's him.   I would also ask how signing a yearbook can be proof of an assault?   

It's proof that he knew her,  but it does not prove he assaulted her.   The other 3 women said he simply hugged and kissed them,   so it's odd that he would behave differently with this one.
If the writing samples are different, it would effectively disprove the whole story. The sample shown in the picture looks like Moore's current signature. To assume Moore's signature has remained that consistent for four decades is fishy.