Author Topic: New Roy Moore accuser comes forward: Watch live, updates from press conference  (Read 4636 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Maybe he was driving a police car.
Usually it is people in the back seats of police cars that can't get out unless someone outside opened the door. Two-door police cars aren't so common.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

I was just kidding.  It would be pretty damn obvious if he was in a police car.  But the alleged victim couldn't remember what his car looked like even though she did remember he was wearing Hushpuppies.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

I was just kidding.  It would be pretty damn obvious if he was in a police car.  But the alleged victim couldn't remember what his car looked like even though she did remember he was wearing Hushpuppies.
Old (former) police cars are commonly auctioned after a service life and replacements are ordered. They tend to be well maintained, even if used a bit hard and high mileage.  A DA might have an inside track to pick up a cheap, good car. But that would make it even older, and less likely to be set up so he could lock the door and she couldn't unlock it. That little detail is one that I'm having a problem with, even though just hitting a button to lock all the doors is commonplace on modern vehicles, it wasn't an option then. 
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 03:17:04 am by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Diogenes wrote:
"Alabamans need to vote for Moore,   the Senate led by McConnell,  and at the urging of the other human garbage in the Senate,  will vote to refuse to seat him,   then the Governor of Alabama will appoint someone to finish Session's term."

No, I believe that's incorrect.

The following is shouted for emphasis:
THE SENATE CANNOT REFUSE TO SEAT MR. MOORE.
(Or... anyone else, for that matter)
So long as he has been duly elected in a legitimate election by the voters of his state, he must be seated as a Senator.

This came to a head with House Representative Adam Clayton Powell in a U.S. Supreme Court decision in 1969. The above was the Court's decision.

Once he is seated, the Senate could move to expel him.

But sumthin' tells me that if it does, and if the Pubbies there refuse to support him, all hell is gonna break loose come 2018...

Online corbe

And for those of you wondering what kind of locks @Hoodat rendition of the Moore Mobile had.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

More 'I told ya so' moments for our esteemed Alabama member, @Sighlass

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-