Author Topic: BREAKING>>Paul Manafort, former Trump campaign head, reported to face charges in Russia investigation  (Read 5506 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Dems salivating over this will be disappointed imo. American people could care less about manafort

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Unfortunately there is no limit to the scope of a special prosecutor.  And they are under a lot of pressure to produce some kind of result for all the $ spent.

Hence, the reason McCarthy stated reason 2, mentioned in post 94.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 03:33:31 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Silver Pines

Skeeevy Jim McGreevey tried it, to no avail.

@edpc

So did Kevin Spacey, last night.  Admitted to sexually assaulting a 14 year old boy, but he's gay, so he's "courageous."

Thread hijack off --sorry.

Offline Applewood

Dems salivating over this will be disappointed imo. American people could care less about manafort

I think they will want to see if Manafort rolls on someone. 

But I'm wondering if more pressure will be applied to Gates.  He's not one of the top dogs and so he might have more incentive to start talking.

Offline edpc

That’d be true, except for the fact he was the campaign manager (however briefly) and was in the now famous (however inconsequential) meeting with Russians.  It’s all you’re going to hear all week long.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Dan Abrams‏Verified account @danabrams 1h1 hour ago

George papadopolous pleading should be more concerning to Trump team than Manafort indictment. It almost certainly means he is cooperating.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline dfwgator

This smacks of "We've got to do SOMETHING to protect our phoney-baloney jobs, Gentlemen."

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I just listened to him too and walked away thinking this really was a Hail Mary to make Mueller look relevant. There is a whole lot of nothing here that has to do with Mueller's mission.....taking out Donny.

Nah!  It's all about providing a "Everybody does it" defense for the Clinton cartel!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

@edpc

So did Kevin Spacey, last night.  Admitted to sexually assaulting a 14 year old boy, but he's gay, so he's "courageous."

Thread hijack off --sorry.

Spacey probably released the statement, knowing the indictment would overshadow everything.  The events of 9/11 bought Condit time, but it eventually caught up.  Same thing will happen here.

Offline kevindavis007

« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 03:44:21 pm by mystery-ak »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Is this the best Mueller and his team can do? Their commission is to discover any RUSSIAN-RELATED interference and collusion in the 2016 elections and all they've done is
reach out to the past for a 2012 tax case?

Are they going to do the same to Trump and associates? Reach out to over 10 years to probe taxes?

I know.  It reeks.  I was very against Trump's association with Manafort because I though he was corrupt, but what is Mueller up to here?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Jack Posobiec
🇺🇸‏Verified account @JackPosobiec

In before Paul Manafort flips and gives up everything he knows about the Podestas, Clintons, and Uranium One

If wishes were horses, I would be galloping down the street on that one.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
You're being optimistic - that assumes that Trump survives this and is re-elected.  I think he should survive it, but I'm not at all...um, sanguine about his chances.

Trump will survive it if they arrest everyone who's done worse them him first.  By then, the jails will be full.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
It does, but that would assume that Podesta/Clinton information would be worth something in a transaction.  I can't imagine Mueller agreeing to accept that kind of deal.

That's the trillion dollar question - is there a deal, or did Mueller charge him in an attempt to flip him? If the latter, Manafort controls the conversation, on the record, and can bring out whatever he desires, especially since what Mueller is charging him with is mostly before the campaign.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
A GIANT nothing burger!  HAD to get uranium one off the leads!

Exactly.  Their long nasty tentacles will reach out for anything to distract from their own corruption.

See the famous attack on that notorious predator George H.W. Bush (to distract from the utterly corrupt society in Hollywood)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 John Cardillo‏Verified account @johncardillo

Papadopoulos was an unpaid foreign policy campaign adviser who stupidly lied to the FBI. He wanted Trump to meet Putin, Trump Team said no.
10:58 AM - 30 Oct 2017
Support the USO

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Papadopoulos was an unpaid foreign policy campaign adviser who stupidly lied to the FBI. He wanted Trump to meet Putin, Trump Team said no.

Sounds like a dead end, but the media can shout the world Russia over and over anyway.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Mike Warren‏Verified account @MichaelRWarren 1h1 hour ago

Am told by the Special Counsel’s office not expect any more unsealed indictments today.
Support the USO

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I predicted it to my wife last night when she read me a headline on a story without details of who would be charge:  It will be Manfort and the charges will have to do with his work for the pro-Russian party in the Ukraine and have nothing to do with the 2016 election.  That they'd have to go the Al Capone route and just charge him with tax law violations I did not predict.

You read my mind.  I've been thinking Al Capone ever since this was announced.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Forget Manafort Papadopoulos is the one to watch..he already pleaded guilty..was there a deal?

Trump campaign emails show aide’s repeated efforts to set up Russia meetings
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-campaign-emails-show-aides-repeated-efforts-to-set-up-russia-meetings/2017/08/14/54d08da6-7dc2-11e7-83c7-5bd5460f0d7e_story.html?utm_term=.0ffa8167a239

excerpt;
But Papadopoulos, a campaign volunteer with scant foreign policy experience, persisted. Between March and September, the self-described energy consultant sent at least a half-dozen requests for Trump, as he turned from primary candidate to party nominee, or for members of his team to meet with Russian officials. Among those to express concern about the effort was then-campaign chairman Paul Manafort, who rejected in May 2016 a proposal from Papadopoulos for Trump to do so.

Yeah, I read the article at the link.  Very interesting.  Pretty obvious that Papadopoulos had an agenda and maybe was one of the low-level people the Russians were pressing for access.

Wheels within wheels.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

And that's the end of that!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

Yeah, I read the article at the link.  Very interesting.  Pretty obvious that Papadopoulos had an agenda and maybe was one of the low-level people the Russians were pressing for access.

He was probably due a huge payoff, but only if he could facilitate the meeting.

Oceander

I know.  It reeks.  I was very against Trump's association with Manafort because I though he was corrupt, but what is Mueller up to here?

He may be trying to justify his own appointment and the resources he’s used up by at least bringing in a fish or two, even if they aren’t the ones he was sent to catch.