Author Topic: BREAKING>>Paul Manafort, former Trump campaign head, reported to face charges in Russia investigation  (Read 5505 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Daniel Dale‏Verified account @ddale8 17m17 minutes ago

Daniel Dale Retweeted Brad Heath

Papadopoulos is described as "proactive cooperator." Former prosecutor tells me that sometimes means "wore a wire."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
He was probably due a huge payoff, but only if he could facilitate the meeting.

I wouldn't be at all surprised.  This whole thing makes me wonder; it seems to all come down to greed and money.  How much money can you spend or do you need?

This is an excerpt from and article on Yahoo.  They are all over it, of course, trying to tie it to Trump.

"Indictment says Manafort and Gates controlled $75 million in slush funds, buying tailored suits, cars, rugs and antiques."

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Daniel Dale‏Verified account @ddale8 17m17 minutes ago

Daniel Dale Retweeted Brad Heath

Papadopoulos is described as "proactive cooperator." Former prosecutor tells me that sometimes means "wore a wire."

Which probably means he was leveraged to do so, because he was already in legal jeopardy.  Most importantly, it seems he was unable to deliver anything that would assist him in getting out of the fix he was in.

If he did wear a wire, it means there was an active Obama Justice Department investigation into the campaign.  This could prove to be more damning in the opposite direction.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 04:41:50 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Papadopoulis charges

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/4163402/Papadopoulos-Statement-Offense.pdf

This charge/arrest was on October 5  --- 25 days ago.  But we just hear about it now,   :pondering:

Offline edpc

This charge/arrest was on October 5  --- 25 days ago.  But we just hear about it now,   :pondering:

Funny how that never leaked.  I’m sure it was already known among MSM reporters and sources.

Funny how that never leaked.  I’m sure it was already known among MSM reporters and sources.

But why?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Anyone else bothered that the Special Prosecutor looking into 2016 Russian election interference is indicting someone on something that has nothing to do with the election? This Manafart stuff is from 9 years ago.

Not bothered, provided the investigation next moves to the arranged sale of uranium, to Russia during the Obama/Clinton administration. And the ties to Clinton Foundation/Fund. Quid pro quo, speaking fees, etc.

Remember these labels: "Company A" & "Company B."

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Neither side should be claiming victory or spinning victory in this. It is an indictment of both. Reading the actual charges, it was not just tax evasion as some are saying. From the Yahoo news article: "The indictment contains 12 counts: conspiracy against the United States, conspiracy to launder money, unregistered agent of a foreign principal, false and misleading FARA statements, false statements, and seven counts of failure to file reports of foreign bank and financial accounts," ... much of it did stem from 2008-2012, specifically regarding the tax evasion and money laundering and his working as an agent on behalf of the Ukraine. One thing should worry Democrats though is during this time, he was working for the Podesta group (aka, Hillary's chief of staff). However, the Trump camp should also not cheer. After all, he is the one who hired Manafort after most of this without due diligence and claiming 'he only hires the best'. Also, Manafort's dealings as an unregistered foreign agent even went into early this year as well as his false and misleading statements stemmed while he was working for Trump. This really just goes to show they are all throwing stones at each other but they all have a huge pile of stones they created themselves. Crooks all of them.; Democrats, Republicans, Trump, Clinton, the entire lot. They just play the game of who can spin it against the other side when one gets caught.

Offline edpc

But why?

Likely for two reasons:

He wasn’t an easily recognized name in connection with the campaign.

His efforts to bring the campaign into the collusion fold failed, as documented in previous posts here. 

If this is ever actually pursued as it should be, we will probably find out this was an orchestrated sting operation by the Obama Justice Department that went nowhere and implicates a lot of big players in the politicization and weaponization of the FBI.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 04:56:06 pm by edpc »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Neither side should be claiming victory or spinning victory in this. It is an indictment of both. Reading the actual charges, it was not just tax evasion as some are saying. From the Yahoo news article: "The indictment contains 12 counts: conspiracy against the United States, conspiracy to launder money, unregistered agent of a foreign principal, false and misleading FARA statements, false statements, and seven counts of failure to file reports of foreign bank and financial accounts," ... much of it did stem from 2008-2012, specifically regarding the tax evasion and money laundering and his working as an agent on behalf of the Ukraine. One thing should worry Democrats though is during this time, he was working for the Podesta group (aka, Hillary's chief of staff). However, the Trump camp should also not cheer. After all, he is the one who hired Manafort after most of this without due diligence and claiming 'he only hires the best'. Also, Manafort's dealings as an unregistered foreign agent even went into early this year as well as his false and misleading statements stemmed while he was working for Trump. This really just goes to show they are all throwing stones at each other but they all have a huge pile of stones they created themselves. Crooks all of them.; Democrats, Republicans, Trump, Clinton, the entire lot. They just play the game of who can spin it against the other side when one gets caught.

Well said!
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Neither side should be claiming victory or spinning victory in this.

Crooks all of them.; Democrats, Republicans, Trump, Clinton, the entire lot. They just play the game of who can spin it against the other side when one gets caught.

Since the Press is 90% Democrats, my money is on the Dems getting away with calling the Reps crooks while walking away scot-free.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Yeah!  Pretty much!  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Likely for two reasons:

He wasn’t an easily recognized name in connection with the campaign.

His efforts to bring the campaign into the collusion fold failed, as documented in previous posts here. 

If this is ever actually pursued as it should be, we will probably find out this was an orchestrated sting operation by the Obama Justice Department that went nowhere and implicates a lot of big players in the politicization and weaponization of the FBI.

Thanks!!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Greg Sargent‏Verified account @ThePlumLineGS 28m28 minutes ago

Senior counsel to Ken Starr's Clinton probe tells me Mueller can now squeeze Manafort on Don Jr Russia meeting:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2017/10/30/paul-manafort-just-got-indicted-heres-what-robert-mueller-wants-to-ask-him-now/?utm_term=.c723b91ccefd
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Matthew Miller‏Verified account @matthewamiller 1h1 hour ago

Mueller’s choreographed one-two punch today sends a signal to every Trump official: cooperate & get a good deal or resist & get hammered.
66 replies 1,257 retweets 3,033 likes
Support the USO

Offline edpc

Thanks!!

Sure.  Keep in mind I have no special knowledge or insight.  I’m just following my instincts as things come out.  IMO, this bears revisiting the Clinton/Lynch tarmac meeting.  I think if we ever found out the real story about all of this, it’d make Lois Lerner’s actions look insignificant in comparison.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Greg Sargent‏Verified account @ThePlumLineGS 28m28 minutes ago

Senior counsel to Ken Starr's Clinton probe tells me Mueller can now squeeze Manafort on Don Jr Russia meeting:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2017/10/30/paul-manafort-just-got-indicted-heres-what-robert-mueller-wants-to-ask-him-now/?utm_term=.c723b91ccefd

Ugh.  Paywall.  But to the reporter, I'd say thank you to THIS man:

I will NOT comply.

Offline aligncare

The deep state plays the media like a fiddle. They plug the tune into an amplifier and make it sound like a heavy metal guitar riff. But, it’s all just noise.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
A GIANT nothing burger!  HAD to get uranium one off the leads!

:amen: :amen: and another whole Slew of  :amen:
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
One thing should worry Democrats though is during this time, he was working for the Podesta group (aka, Hillary's chief of staff).

Could that include the timeframe when the Uranium One, and related quid pro quo aspects transpired?

"Donations" to Clinton Foundation/Fund? Speech honorariums for Bill double normal amount?

I hope other shoes fall. Terms to watch for "Company A" & "Company B."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The deep state plays the media like a fiddle. They plug the tune into an amplifier and make it sound like a heavy metal guitar riff. But, it’s all just noise.

Don't kid yourself.  The "Deep State" plays the media like a fiddle because they WANNA be played.  It's more of a duet than a solo.
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Don't kid yourself.  The "Deep State" plays the media like a fiddle because they WANNA be played.  It's more of a duet than a solo.

The media is an integral part of the deep state as far as I'm concerned!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Extremely well said and I remember being appalled during the primaries that Trump would associate with Manafort, however briefly.

p.s.  paragraphs are our friend.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.