Author Topic: BREAKING>>Paul Manafort, former Trump campaign head, reported to face charges in Russia investigation  (Read 5477 times)

Offline Concerned

All the individual counts are from between 2008 and 2012. I'm fairly certain Trump was no where in the picture at that time. But Podesta sure was.

Mueller cannot personally afford to not be very, very focused with this investigation.

Doesn't Count 11 (for example) reference false statements made to the DOJ in 2016 and 2017?  From the indictment:

"On or about November 23, 2016 and February 10, 2017, with the District of Columbia and elsewhere, the defendants Paul J Manafort Jr and Richard W Gate III knowingly and willfully caused to be made a false statement of a material fact and omitted a material fact necessary to make the statement therein not misleading, in a document filed with and furnished to the Attorney General under the provisions of FARA, to wite the underlined statements:"

<snip>

« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 02:48:58 pm by Concerned »
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
https://www.justice.gov/file/1007271/download

@mystery-ak

Thanks!

Quick perusal says they've got them on income tax evasion related to their "work" in Ukraine for sure but NOTHING to do with Trump at all as far as I can tell.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Right_in_Virginia

BTW ... can I just say thank you for this wonderful gif  9999hair out0000 

@mystery-ak    ^-^

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Aside from the links to the Podesta Group, many of the tactics used by Manafort were used by the Clintons through their foundation.  Shell purchases, foreign money transfers, shell companies and other methods were all used before, during, and after Hillary’s time at State.  Obama had his own ties to similar people.  Anyone remember Tony Rezko? 

This has all been orchestrated to provide insulation for the Clintons later.  Any accusations leveled against them will be dismissed as politically motivated deflection by Trump.

‘An attempt to muddy the waters’ will be the MSM refrain.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak

Papadopoulos, Trump Foreign Policy Adviser, has pleaded guilty to something - this was said fast on CNN just now and I didn't get the what he pleaded guilty to, then they went to commercial.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 02:54:25 pm by Victoria33 »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Allahpundit‏ @allahpundit 43m43 minutes ago

Only way out of this mess for Manafort is to issue a statement announcing he’s gay
 :silly:
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Only way out of this mess for Manafort is to issue a statement announcing he’s gay

Well, if Roger Stone gets an indictment, it will work for him

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@mystery-ak

Stephanopolous (sp), Trump Foreign Policy Adviser, has pleaded guilty to something - this was said fast on CNN just now and I didn't get the what he pleaded guilty to, then they went to commercial.

Papadopoulos, not Steffi.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Aside from the links to the Podesta Group, many of the tactics used by Manafort were used by the Clintons through their foundation.  Shell purchases, foreign money transfers, shell companies and other methods were all used before, during, and after Hillary’s time at State.  Obama had his own ties to similar people.  Anyone remember Tony Rezko? 

This has all been orchestrated to provide insulation for the Clintons later.  Any accusations leveled against them will be dismissed as politically motivated deflection by Trump.

‘An attempt to muddy the waters’ will be the MSM refrain.

EXCELENT analysis!  Likely correct!   888high58888

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak

Papadopoulos Trump Foreign Policy Adviser, admits to lying to FBI about talking to Russians during Trump campaign.  He had told them he didn't talk to Russians and he did.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 02:51:52 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline edpc

Skeeevy Jim McGreevey tried it, to no avail.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
@mystery-ak

Papadopoulos Trump Foreign Policy Adviser, admits to lying to FBI about talking to Russians during Trump campaign.  He had told them he didn't talk to Russians and he did.

BREAKING: Third Person Charged by Mueller’s Office, Pleads Guilty
https://www.redstate.com/jimjamitis/2017/10/30/breaking-third-person-charged-muellers-office-pleads-guilty/
Support the USO

Offline edpc

EXCELENT analysis!  Likely correct!   888high58888

Thanks - it’s sad that ‘Me Too’ is considered gospel on someone’s word, but ‘Them Too’ is considered a lie, no matter how much proof is available.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Thanks - it’s sad that ‘Me Too’ is considered gospel on someone’s word, but ‘Them Too’ is considered a lie, no matter how much proof is available.

Is it to much to ask that ALL of them be taken down for that crap? 

Never mind! I already know the answer to that!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Right_in_Virginia

From twitter:

John Cardillo‏Verified account @johncardillo 36m36 minutes ago "Companies A&B". When did Manafort contract w/the Podesta Group and Mercury? 2012-2014, wasn't it? https://www.justice.gov/file/1007271/download

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
And Hillary Clinton's sipping her chardonnay    9999hair out0000

That's because someone made the pronouncement that she'd "suffered enough".

Now...I wonder who that could have been?  :whistle:

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
What an unbelievable bunch of flim flam. Just a charade for partisan media consumption.

But it also presents a huge danger for the Dems, since Mueller is going well beyond the scope of the investigation to the distant past, it opens the door for Manafort to turn things toward Podesta and the Clintons.
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

Trey Gowdy takes a lot of heat on discussion boards for being ineffective.  However, he raised a really good point in regards to Russian collusion on Fox News Sunday.  He said it wasn’t Trump and Republicans handing out reset buttons, making uranium deals, and promising ‘more flexibility’ in their second term.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
What an unbelievable bunch of flim flam. Just a charade for partisan media consumption.

But it also presents a huge danger for the Dems, since Mueller is going well beyond the scope of the investigation to the distant past, it opens the door for Manafort to turn things toward Podesta and the Clintons.

It does, but that would assume that Podesta/Clinton information would be worth something in a transaction.  I can't imagine Mueller agreeing to accept that kind of deal.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Trey Gowdy takes a lot of heat on discussion boards for being ineffective.  However, he raised a really good point in regards to Russian collusion on Fox News Sunday.  He said it wasn’t Trump and Republicans handing out reset buttons, making uranium deals, and promising ‘more flexibility’ in their second term.

Yeah but making good points on Fox News Sunday isn't solving anything is it?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

That's because someone made the pronouncement that she'd "suffered enough".

Now...I wonder who that could have been?  :whistle:

Don’t forget this gem on 60 Minutes, after the election.....

“I don't want to hurt them, I don't want to hurt them. They’re, they’re good people,” he said.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump 

Sorry, but this is years ago, before Paul Manafort was part of the Trump campaign. But why aren't Crooked Hillary & the Dems the focus?????

7:25 AM - 30 Oct 2017

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/925005659569041409

Online Right_in_Virginia

Yeah but making good points on Fox News Sunday isn't solving anything is it?

Gowdy has never done anything other than "make good points".   **nononono*

Offline Suppressed

Cut him some slack...he said he'd hire the best for his Administration, not his campaign.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn