Author Topic: Manafort and Gates face decades in prison, millions in fines  (Read 683 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Manafort and Gates face decades in prison, millions in fines
« on: October 30, 2017, 05:33:42 pm »

By MICHAEL BIESECKER
58 minutes ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump’s former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, and Manafort’s business associate Rick Gates face decades in federal prison and millions of dollars in potential fines if convicted on all counts in a sprawling federal indictment unsealed Monday.

Manafort potentially faces up to 80 years in prison, according to a review of the federal charges and the relevant statutes by The Associated Press. Gates, who also worked for the Trump campaign, faces up to 70 years.

Prosecutors could still file additional charges against the pair. If convicted at trial, the law gives federal judges wide latitude in imposing prison sentences and fines.

more
https://apnews.com/6394cb4368ca44648aa2a55f4c3b3e3c/Manafort-and-Gates-face-decades-in-prison,-millions-in-fines
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Manafort and Gates face decades in prison, millions in fines
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 05:35:52 pm »
By MICHAEL BIESECKER
58 minutes ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump’s former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, and Manafort’s business associate Rick Gates face decades in federal prison and millions of dollars in potential fines if convicted on all counts in a sprawling federal indictment unsealed Monday.

Manafort potentially faces up to 80 years in prison, according to a review of the federal charges and the relevant statutes by The Associated Press. Gates, who also worked for the Trump campaign, faces up to 70 years.

Prosecutors could still file additional charges against the pair. If convicted at trial, the law gives federal judges wide latitude in imposing prison sentences and fines.

more
https://apnews.com/6394cb4368ca44648aa2a55f4c3b3e3c/Manafort-and-Gates-face-decades-in-prison,-millions-in-fines

Wow!  Don't believe it will ever happen but ... at least Manafort has some nice suits to wear in prison.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 06:23:39 pm »
And a pretty good incentive to roll on someone higher up in exchange for reduced or dropped charges (which might just be Mueller’s plan here with Manafort and Gates) -- assuming of course that there's more charges to be had here -- which isn't at all clear to me.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 07:11:05 pm »
And a pretty good incentive to roll on someone higher up in exchange for reduced or dropped charges (which might just be Mueller’s plan here with Manafort and Gates) -- assuming of course that there's more charges to be had here -- which isn't at all clear to me.

Except from my understanding this all happened BEFORE they worked on Trump's campaign.  To me, this is still nothing more than distraction news from the Clinton dossiers and Uranium One.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 07:16:48 pm »
Except from my understanding this all happened BEFORE they worked on Trump's campaign.  To me, this is still nothing more than distraction news from the Clinton dossiers and Uranium One.

I don't think the timing and source of the leverage is very important assuming the leverage can be used to actually "flip" Manafort or Gates to disclose illegal activities later on during the campaign or by others in the campaign.  Using this as leverage has been mentioned in the National Review in another TBR thread:

"The Paul Manafort indictment is much ado about nothing . . . except as a vehicle to squeeze Manafort, which is special counsel Robert Mueller’s objective — as we have been arguing for three months (see here, here, and here)."

http://www.nationalreview.com/node/453244/print
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2017, 07:18:00 pm »

But, there is a statute of limitations, so that may limit Mueller to only the last 5 years.

And, agree, it is merely a distraction from the real news.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2017, 07:28:44 pm »
Just read that bail is $10M and $5M, with recommended House arrest.

Mueller better have some pretty damn incriminating evidence to invoke that.  Or......   there won't be enough tar and feather to drown him.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2017, 07:36:17 pm »
May not mean anything:

Steve Reilly‏Verified account
@BySteveReilly
Follow Follow @BySteveReilly
More
U.S. District Court for D.C. has four sealed cases in its docket with case numbers between Papadopoulos' (182) and Manafort's (201).

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2017, 07:39:38 pm »
May not mean anything:

Steve Reilly‏Verified account
@BySteveReilly
Follow Follow @BySteveReilly
More
U.S. District Court for D.C. has four sealed cases in its docket with case numbers between Papadopoulos' (182) and Manafort's (201).

Got to save those for the next bout of bad 0bama/Clinton/DNC news to come out.