Author Topic: FOURTH woman accuses George HW Bush of groping her during a photo-op - and says he quipped 'Oh, I'm not THAT President'  (Read 5425 times)

Silver Pines

When I'm slamming presidents, past or present, in my signature, get back to me.  No problem there.

@TomSea

Once and for all, what the hell is wrong with slamming presidents?  They're employees hired to do a job.  They are not special.  They are not above us.

Slamming them is an American tradition, as it should be.  Why do you look up to them in awe?

Offline Frank Cannon

When I'm slamming presidents, past or present, in my signature, get back to me.  No problem there.

Wasn't the Gadsden flag the rally banner for folks opposed to the Obama Regime?

Offline ConservativeGranny

If it happened and if you say it's so bad, then you probably haven't read the stories about Weinstein, other Hollywood moguls and our beloved ex-President who loved to say, "kiss it."

Let's try to stay sane about this.

What Bush did isn't as bad as what Weinstein was doing. As far as I know Bush looks like he has a thing for rear ends and likes to pat those that do not belong to his own wife.

There are different levels of sexual assault or harassment. If a stranger walked up to me on a street and did the same they would be arrested if I chose to press charges. It is sexual assault. It's not rape but you still feel violated. It still shows a disrespect for women. It still is embarrassing for the victim and uncomfortable.

If this had been an isolated incident because he is losing his faculties it could be understood. However it seems like he has been doing this for some time now. That changes things a bit. And like I said, if he appears to have this problem it would be best to keep him out of situations where it can happen. For his own sake as well as others. I don't think that is insanity but a very reasonable and wise thing to do. It seems like his wife isn't that bothered by it however they knew it was wrong or they wouldn't have apologized for it. Which by the way, isn't much of an apology. It sounded more like "I am sorry anyone was offended by my offensive behavior".

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
What Bush did isn't as bad as what Weinstein was doing. As far as I know Bush looks like he has a thing for rear ends and likes to pat those that do not belong to his own wife.

There are different levels of sexual assault or harassment. If a stranger walked up to me on a street and did the same they would be arrested if I chose to press charges. It is sexual assault. It's not rape but you still feel violated. It still shows a disrespect for women. It still is embarrassing for the victim and uncomfortable.

If this had been an isolated incident because he is losing his faculties it could be understood. However it seems like he has been doing this for some time now. That changes things a bit. And like I said, if he appears to have this problem it would be best to keep him out of situations where it can happen. For his own sake as well as others. I don't think that is insanity but a very reasonable and wise thing to do. It seems like his wife isn't that bothered by it however they knew it was wrong or they wouldn't have apologized for it. Which by the way, isn't much of an apology. It sounded more like "I am sorry anyone was offended by my offensive behavior".

He apologized because he realized certain women were offended.  He shouldn't have apologized.

Those women came forward to try to divert attention from really serious offenses in both Hollywood and Washington.

Good Lord.  Do women need protection from this aging gentleman in a wheel chair?

I think not.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
If it happened and if you say it's so bad, then you probably haven't read the stories about Weinstein, other Hollywood moguls and our beloved ex-President who loved to say, "kiss it."

Let's try to stay sane about this.

If he is a dirty old man he is.  Just because others are dirty doesn't make an excuse for him.  Like I said in another thread not many politicians are moral.  Everyone wanted to excuse Trump for being a dirty old man too.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
If he is a dirty old man he is.  Just because others are dirty doesn't make an excuse for him.  Like I said in another thread not many politicians are moral.  Everyone wanted to excuse Trump for being a dirty old man too.

I cannot tell you how much it bugs me that clueless people are jumping on this honorable guy.

Besides John Adams, I can't think of two more classy guys than the two Bush Presidents.  Both of them are totally faithful to their wives and there has never even been a rumor that says otherwise.

This fake outrage over what GHWB supposedly did is a total setup by the left and the media to take attention away from their own egregious misdeeds.

If GHWB wants to give me a pat, I'd love it.  He is just having fun and it's totally harmless.

Please get over it !!!!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 02:54:34 am by Emjay »

Offline Chosen Daughter

I cannot tell you how much it bugs me that clueless people are jumping on this honorable guy.

Besides John Adams, I can't think of two more classy guys than the two Bush Presidents.  Both of them are totally faithful to their wives and there has never even been a rumor that says otherwise.

This fake outrage over what GHWB supposedly did is a total setup by the left and the media to take attention away from their own egregious misdeeds.

If GHWB wants to give me a pat, I'd love it.  He is just having fun and it's totally harmless.

Please get over it !!!!

Well I haven't seen the video but it looks like it isn't deniable.  Why am I not shocked that you would describe it as having fun?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Well I haven't seen the video but it looks like it isn't deniable.  Why am I not shocked that you would describe it as having fun?

OMG, you are totally playing into the hands of the left and you don't even know it.

Why am I not shocked that you are such an uptight prissy gal that you could get all het up over this basically innocent gesture.

Offline Chosen Daughter

OMG, you are totally playing into the hands of the left and you don't even know it.

Why am I not shocked that you are such an uptight prissy gal that you could get all het up over this basically innocent gesture.

patting a woman on her behind is not an innocent gesture.  I am not an uptight prissy.  I am a Christian who happens to believe that all people have the right to not be used as a sexual toy.  The woman accuser is a Republican woman.  She has a right not to be patted.  She is a professional woman who deserves respect.  Every woman does.

Please get over it !!!!

We don't know how faithful those men were with their wives. Only they know that for sure. And there have been rumors about GHWB alleged affair with his personal assistant Jennifer Fitzgerald. Don't know if it was true or not but to say there have never even been rumors of an affair is not entirely true.

When a married man starts grabbing and squeezing private body parts of a woman that is not his wife that IS cheating on your wife.

I would not be upset if he pats your behind because you asked for it and want it. Not so with the others. It was uninvited and I can find nothing honorable, funny or classy about it.

If you mean by "getting over it" we should ignore it because he has an "R" after his name that's not the way I roll.

He apologized because he realized certain women were offended.  He shouldn't have apologized.

Those women came forward to try to divert attention from really serious offenses in both Hollywood and Washington.

Good Lord.  Do women need protection from this aging gentleman in a wheel chair?

I think not.

I'm sure you are right Emjay and Bush Sr. would have no problem if some guy starting grabbing and squeezing his granddaughter's buttocks either. Just for giggles. I mean they are grown women and all. And I'm sure the twins wouldn't mind either. Didn't Jenna have a daughter? Heck if he lives a bit longer he may have the chance of grabbing his own great granddaughter's buttocks too. Wouldn't that be a hoot?

Hey you old guys out there want to have some fun? Get yourself a walker or a wheelchair and go at it. Really have we gotten this far into the gutter now just to defend one of our own?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I'm sure you are right Emjay and Bush Sr. would have no problem if some guy starting grabbing and squeezing his granddaughter's buttocks either. Just for giggles. I mean they are grown women and all. And I'm sure the twins wouldn't mind either. Didn't Jenna have a daughter? Heck if he lives a bit longer he may have the chance of grabbing his own great granddaughter's buttocks too. Wouldn't that be a hoot?

Hey you old guys out there want to have some fun? Get yourself a walker or a wheelchair and go at it. Really have we gotten this far into the gutter now just to defend one of our own?

I cannot believe you self-righteous judging women.  You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.  Do you even know about the horrible corruption in Hollywood where young kids were actually abused and their lives ruined.

Where starlets were forced to do all sorts or lewd and demeaning acts?

And you want to go after an old man for Nothing!!

You are a bunch of crazy old bats.

Offline Fantom

Meh... just  invoke the Slick Willie "One Grope Rule".  All is good.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Chosen Daughter

I cannot believe you self-righteous judging women.  You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.  Do you even know about the horrible corruption in Hollywood where young kids were actually abused and their lives ruined.

Yep there it is.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

patting a woman on her behind is not an innocent gesture.  I am not an uptight prissy.  I am a Christian who happens to believe that all people have the right to not be used as a sexual toy.  The woman accuser is a Republican woman.  She has a right not to be patted.  She is a professional woman who deserves respect.  Every woman does.

You are absolutely correct, IMO.

However, GHWB is what, like 90 (okay, 87)?  I've only known a few people that made it to 90, and every one of them has been rather diminished at that point.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

My wife and I are care takers for my 93 y.o. old MIL.  Her behavior is nothing like it was earlier, in her life.  In some cases, it is downright embarrassing., but I think visitors understand that very old people don't act exactly correct.

The higher than mighty faction of mother superiors here (again) should show a little compassion for a man at the end of his life, who btw happens to also be a war hero.

OTOH, I hope the Bush family realizes that GHWB probably needs to return to low key private life for dignity reason.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

OTOH, I hope the Bush family realizes that GHWB probably needs to return to low key private life for dignity reason.

There's now a report in the Portland Press Herald/Maine of a fifth woman claiming she was groped during a photo shoot.

It's time for the Bush clan to stop rolling 41 in front of the cameras.  I agree a nice, low key private life is what's needed now.

Offline LottieDah

A fourth woman accuses George HW Bush of groping her during a photo op. He is a dirty old man. The $64K question is what about ALL the women Bill Clinton groped, molested and raped?  The silence is deafening.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
A fourth woman accuses George HW Bush of groping her during a photo op. He is a dirty old man. The $64K question is what about ALL the women Bill Clinton groped, molested and raped?  The silence is deafening.

I wouldn't even call GHWB a dirty old man.  Do you think he would have done this 20-30 years ago?  Almost all 90+ aged folks have modified or diminished mental faculties.  See my post 2 above.

If the press really wants some spicy news items they need to start parking at nursing homes.  /s

Geez.....  I am really finding the attacks on the  harmless elderly appalling.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LottieDah

I stand corrected.  Former President George HW Bush isn't a dirty old man and a serial groper like Clinton who is the spawn of Satan. Instead of hearing from the scores of women he abused there is silence and that really irritates me.  I guess the women Clinton groped felt it was their patriotic duty to have his filthy hands and other appendages all over them. Poor Juanita Broaderick.  She is the only honest one is the bunch.

Offline Applewood

I stand corrected.  Former President George HW Bush isn't a dirty old man and a serial groper like Clinton who is the spawn of Satan. Instead of hearing from the scores of women he abused there is silence and that really irritates me.  I guess the women Clinton groped felt it was their patriotic duty to have his filthy hands and other appendages all over them. Poor Juanita Broaderick.  She is the only honest one is the bunch.

I'm going to guess many of those women were bought off.  And I'll bet there might be some who actually enjoyed being pawed.  I didn't think so, but some women gushed about what a handsome guy Clinton was.  Maybe these women were flattered or something.

Offline LottieDah

Applewood:  I know several liberal women who thought Bill Clinton was"gorgeous".  I found him to be quite homely.  My daughters and I would refer to him as "potato face". 

Offline musiclady

I wouldn't even call GHWB a dirty old man.  Do you think he would have done this 20-30 years ago?  Almost all 90+ aged folks have modified or diminished mental faculties.  See my post 2 above.

If the press really wants some spicy news items they need to start parking at nursing homes.  /s

Geez.....  I am really finding the attacks on the  harmless elderly appalling.

The left is really, really reaching with this one.

It shows how desperate they are to show that the good guys are as sleazy as the bad guys.

Won't work.  In the end, it makes them look as stupid as they are.....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Applewood

Applewood:  I know several liberal women who thought Bill Clinton was "gorgeous".  I found him to be quite homely.  My daughters and I would refer to him as "potato face".

:bigsilly:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
:bigsilly:

I believe George H. W. Bush is 93.  Maybe we should make the plus 90 crowd a protected minority.