Author Topic: FOURTH woman accuses George HW Bush of groping her during a photo-op - and says he quipped 'Oh, I'm not THAT President'  (Read 5463 times)

Offline ConservativeGranny

I cannot believe you self-righteous judging women.  You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.  Do you even know about the horrible corruption in Hollywood where young kids were actually abused and their lives ruined.

Where starlets were forced to do all sorts or lewd and demeaning acts?

And you want to go after an old man for Nothing!!

You are a bunch of crazy old bats.

Making this personal for some reason EmJay? Let me ask you this.  Two guys are running around with butcher  knives. One is a 20 something who stabs a woman to death. The other is a crazy old man in a wheelchair. He attempts to stab a woman to death but only wounds her. Should we excuse the crazy old man in the wheelchair because his victim didn't die? Should the crazy old man be allowed to be wheeling around with a butcher knife? Should we just be amused by him? Or should his family keep him home under supervision?

A sexual assault is a sexual assault. It makes no difference to the victim whether it was a 20 year old man or a 90 year old man. The result is the same. Yes, his age and illness could be a reason for his behavior however that doesn't mean that any woman who is unlucky enough to be standing next to  him should have to put up with his groping and dirty jokes. It is his family's responsibility to make sure he isn't put into situations where he can do these types of things. Both for his own protection and to prevent others from being victims of his uncomfortable behavior. That is all I am saying is that some common sense needs to be used here. It isn't funny and Barbara needs to do more than just roll her eyes and say "Oh my, he is going to get arrested!"  It shows a lack of respect for the women that he is taking liberties with. It doesn't matter what Bush's problems are. Women should be expected to put up with it. Nothing crazy about that.

As far as the bad stuff going on in Hollywood that kind of bad stuff goes on everywhere nowadays. Not just in Hollywood. And it starts by men in power who get away with small indecencies and are emboldened to move on to bigger ones. When groping women becomes funny and there is no  respect shown for their personal space is rape and other abuses far behind? It starts with men not be respectful of women. Thinking it is funny, a joke or a "minor thing" to grab at a women's breasts or buttocks. Until society changes their attitude about that kind of stuff, categorizing groping as innocent fun or just dirty old man stuff abuses towards women and children too will continue.

Also when you are hurling accusations at people and calling them names do you realize that you have no idea whether that person knows more than you do about sexual abuse and child molestation? Like I said. It doesn't just happen in Hollywood.

I can fully understand that older people entering their final years can lose their faculties and start to do embarrassing things. I have elderly parents myself although my father has never been known to tell dirty jokes nor grope women as far as I know. My own mother has Parkinson's disease and it has affected her personality in some ways. I myself spend a lot of time in a wheelchair but have never had the urge to grab someone's butt. Maybe it's just me or maybe I'm missing out on a lot of fun being the judgmental, self-righteous crazy old bat that I am. But I would never allow my parents to be put in a situation like Bush has been put into. My first instinct would be to protect no only my family from humiliation but out of considerations for others who have no obligation to my parents to put up with the side effects of their senility. That is just common sense and courtesy. One has to wonder why you are so intent on making excuses for Bush and insulting others that disagree with you. For some reason this seems to be real personal for you.

"Women should be expected to put up with it."

Correction. Women SHOULDN'T be expected to put up with it.

A fourth woman accuses George HW Bush of groping her during a photo op. He is a dirty old man. The $64K question is what about ALL the women Bill Clinton groped, molested and raped?  The silence is deafening.

Yes I agree. We should give Bush a pass because Clinton did it first. Whataboutism. The new disease on the right.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Making this personal for some reason EmJay? Let me ask you this.  Two guys are running around with butcher  knives. One is a 20 something who stabs a woman to death. The other is a crazy old man in a wheelchair. He attempts to stab a woman to death but only wounds her. Should we excuse the crazy old man in the wheelchair because his victim didn't die? Should the crazy old man be allowed to be wheeling around with a butcher knife? Should we just be amused by him? Or should his family keep him home under supervision?

A sexual assault is a sexual assault. It makes no difference to the victim whether it was a 20 year old man or a 90 year old man. The result is the same. Yes, his age and illness could be a reason for his behavior however that doesn't mean that any woman who is unlucky enough to be standing next to  him should have to put up with his groping and dirty jokes. It is his family's responsibility to make sure he isn't put into situations where he can do these types of things. Both for his own protection and to prevent others from being victims of his uncomfortable behavior. That is all I am saying is that some common sense needs to be used here. It isn't funny and Barbara needs to do more than just roll her eyes and say "Oh my, he is going to get arrested!"  It shows a lack of respect for the women that he is taking liberties with. It doesn't matter what Bush's problems are. Women should be expected to put up with it. Nothing crazy about that.

As far as the bad stuff going on in Hollywood that kind of bad stuff goes on everywhere nowadays. Not just in Hollywood. And it starts by men in power who get away with small indecencies and are emboldened to move on to bigger ones. When groping women becomes funny and there is no  respect shown for their personal space is rape and other abuses far behind? It starts with men not be respectful of women. Thinking it is funny, a joke or a "minor thing" to grab at a women's breasts or buttocks. Until society changes their attitude about that kind of stuff, categorizing groping as innocent fun or just dirty old man stuff abuses towards women and children too will continue.

Also when you are hurling accusations at people and calling them names do you realize that you have no idea whether that person knows more than you do about sexual abuse and child molestation? Like I said. It doesn't just happen in Hollywood.

I can fully understand that older people entering their final years can lose their faculties and start to do embarrassing things. I have elderly parents myself although my father has never been known to tell dirty jokes nor grope women as far as I know. My own mother has Parkinson's disease and it has affected her personality in some ways. I myself spend a lot of time in a wheelchair but have never had the urge to grab someone's butt. Maybe it's just me or maybe I'm missing out on a lot of fun being the judgmental, self-righteous crazy old bat that I am. But I would never allow my parents to be put in a situation like Bush has been put into. My first instinct would be to protect no only my family from humiliation but out of considerations for others who have no obligation to my parents to put up with the side effects of their senility. That is just common sense and courtesy. One has to wonder why you are so intent on making excuses for Bush and insulting others that disagree with you. For some reason this seems to be real personal for you.

Perhaps I over-reacted but I just cannot get my mind about people getting all hysterical about a pat on the butt.

It's true I do love the Bushes and always have.  George HW Bush has led an exemplary life.  He was a war hero.  He served honorably in government all his life.  He has been married to and faithful to one woman.  He's 93 and in a wheelchair.

If you think he should be pilloried for what I consider an affectionate, joking gesture, then have at it.  I'm sure you will.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline cato potatoe

These women could have spoken with his children before embarrassing him in public.  Maybe they did, but at his age, this is just cruel.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
These women could have spoken with his children before embarrassing him in public.  Maybe they did, but at his age, this is just cruel.

Not just cruel but calculated.

Anything to distract from the real abuses going on in Hollywood and among the press.

I cannot believe so many people fell for it.

I expect there was some incentive for these women to come forward with their horror stories.

I may look them up.  Probably the first print they've gotten in years.

Offline Applewood

And I wonder how many of these accusations are for real, or are being made to extort money or get a shot at fame.  This whole me too campaign, IMHO, degrades women who really have been raped or assaulted.  It's going to get to the point that we will be reverting to the days when a woman could report a rape, but she wouldn't be taken seriously because - hey -- she must have asked for it.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 05:42:04 pm by Applewood »

Offline musiclady

Yes I agree. We should give Bush a pass because Clinton did it first. Whataboutism. The new disease on the right.

Even if GHW patted some woman on the backside from his wheelchair, do you REALLY think it's the same thing as what Clinton did in raping and molesting women??

I will NEVER excuse sexual predation, but we don't even know if anything these women are saying now has even a modicum of truth in it.  And we don't know if GHW isn't suffering from some form of dementia.

We KNOW that Clinton was a serial predator.

Comparing the two is ludicrous.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline LottieDah

"We KNOW that Clinton was a serial predator.  Comparing the two is ludicrous."

Agreed.  No one said President George H.W. Bush should get a pass. Pointing out the silence regarding Bill Clinton is NOT whataboutism.  It is merely pointing out the he is the one getting the pass.

And I wonder how many of these accusations are for real, or are being made to extort money or get a shot at fame.  This whole me too campaign, IMHO, degrades women who really have been raped or assaulted.  It's going to get to the point that we will be reverting to the days when a woman could report a rape, but she wouldn't be taken seriously because - hey -- she must have asked for it.

Extort who? The Bush family has already admitted that it occurred and apologized for it. If they wanted to extort money out of them going public is hardly going to accomplish that. How do we know that the incidents really occurred and are not made up?  There are also photographs and video. I agree that they probably are coming forward now because of the entire "me too" bandwagon however that doesn't mean that the incidents did not occur.

The only thing they probably accomplished from all of this is that hopefully the family will keep him away from events where this type of thing can occur which should have happened the first time he did it. If Bush is truly doing this because of his age and state of mind then the kindest thing for them to have done is keep him out of the public eye and keep his dignity.

Even if GHW patted some woman on the backside from his wheelchair, do you REALLY think it's the same thing as what Clinton did in raping and molesting women??

I will NEVER excuse sexual predation, but we don't even know if anything these women are saying now has even a modicum of truth in it.  And we don't know if GHW isn't suffering from some form of dementia.

We KNOW that Clinton was a serial predator.

Comparing the two is ludicrous.

Never said they were the same and never compared the two. No one hollered about Clinton when he was accused of abusing women more than I did. But that is irrelevant. We aren't talking about Clinton we were talking about Bush and I did explain that there were different degrees of sexual assault. The law even defines the different degrees but they are all sexual assault. Grabbing a woman's private body parts against her wishes is a crime. In Wisconsin it would be considered 4th degree sexual assault.Now we may give a pass or decide not to prosecute some old guy who is losing his faculties but to expect women to endure these unwanted grabbing incidents is expecting too much. He needs to be kept away from these types of situations if that is the case. Usually by this time these guys are in nursing homes. I used to volunteer at one when I was a freshman in high school.The staff knew who they were and kept us away from them.

Remember the cries from the left during Clinton's impeachment proceedings that it was nothing and it was all just about sex?

I haven't seen any posts here from anyone equating what Clinton or Weinstein did with what Bush did. But what Bush did was a form of sexual assault.  A form that some people think is a form of amusement.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Here's a cute couple.  All they're doing is hugging.  Totally innocent.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online Right_in_Virginia

These women could have spoken with his children before embarrassing him in public. 

Maybe they thought it would be useless since all Barbara did was laugh and roll her eyes. 

Maybe if Barbara (or someone) had apologized or spoken to the women we wouldn't be hearing about all of this now.

Better yet ... maybe Barbara (or someone) should have figured out after the second time this happened that photographs needed to be carefully staged .... if taken at all.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Oh, no.  Adam Sandler touches knee.  where will it end.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Silver Pines

I cannot tell you how much it bugs me that clueless people are jumping on this honorable guy.

Besides John Adams, I can't think of two more classy guys than the two Bush Presidents.  Both of them are totally faithful to their wives and there has never even been a rumor that says otherwise.

This fake outrage over what GHWB supposedly did is a total setup by the left and the media to take attention away from their own egregious misdeeds.

If GHWB wants to give me a pat, I'd love it.  He is just having fun and it's totally harmless.

Please get over it !!!!

@Emjay

You knew John Adams?  Then I'm not surprised you'd enjoy a grope from Bush.  It's been a while.

It's very simple.  Much as the success of upper income earners doesn't impact the salaries of poor people, the inappropriate conduct of one person is irrelevant to that of another.

Cllinton, Weinstein, Sandler, whomever---they have zero to do with Bush.  I watched the Teri Hatcher video, and you can see him slap her butt, more than once.  Now, if he were senile at the time I'd give him a pass.  But he wasn't.  This was ten years ago, and he wasn't in a wheelchair, and he had a habit of groping.  It's not hard to figure out which side to come down on.

It's amazing that it must be explained this is not correct behavior, but we've become so consumed with tribalism and with our addled love for politicians that we can't tell right from wrong anymore.  Even if you personally get excited at the thought of the old man pawing you, take a look at your great-great granddaughter and consider if you'd be fine with a man groping her.

Any man who pats my behind better be my husband or he's gonna get his wrist unscrewed.  An R behind his name won't make a difference.

Offline Frank Cannon

@Emjay

You knew John Adams?  Then I'm not surprised you'd enjoy a grope from Bush.  It's been a while.

Chortle.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Chortle.

Oh, c'mon, Frank.

I'm not engaging in some petty feud even to defend myself.  And it's just killing some people.

Offline Frank Cannon

Oh, c'mon, Frank.

I'm not engaging in some petty feud even to defend myself.  And it's just killing some people.

It was a funny well crafted line. I enjoyed it.

Offline RoosGirl

Oh, c'mon, Frank.

You are absolutely correct here @Emjay .  You've never defended your comment about wanting Hillary, instead of Trump, to win either, and if you're not going to defend that it makes no sense to start now on this subject.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
You are absolutely correct here @Emjay .  You've never defended your comment about wanting Hillary, instead of Trump, to win either, and if you're not going to defend that it makes no sense to start now on this subject.

Why are you obsessed with me?  I absolutely do not recall saying I wanted Hillary to win but you are so obsessed you went back over a year to find some post I don't even remember.

And now your girlfriend is following me from thread to thread trying to get a rise out of me.

This will be my last post to either of you, so give up.

Offline RoosGirl

Why are you obsessed with me?  I absolutely do not recall saying I wanted Hillary to win but you are so obsessed you went back over a year to find some post I don't even remember.

And now your girlfriend is following me from thread to thread trying to get a rise out of me.

Good thing we don't have rely on your memory.  But I'm young and I have a great memory, and I like to make sure that the record is straight.  Never fear, if there is a future mistake, I will find it.

Silver Pines

Oh, c'mon, Frank.

@Emjay

Actually it's just not playing along with your childish game of  "I can't hear you!"  I'll respond to you if I see fit, same as I do to everyone else here.  Whether you answer is your affair.

Silver Pines

@Emjay   

So the new rule is that it doesn't matter if you don't remember it.

Manafort better take note.  This could really help him.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
To be fair, apparently even Dubya wrote about some bizarre behavior in his memoirs, if Dubya writes about this in a published book and talks about it in interviews, how can one be critical of others I wonder?
Pres. Bush recalled how his father “terrorized nurses at the Mayo Clinic” – which he wrote about in the book. “I was trying to explain his sense of humor,” he told Steve Doocy and Brian Kilmeade.

https://www.mediaite.com/print/lets-watch-president-george-w-bush-say-testicles-on-national-television/

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Who’s pumping this old bastard full of viagra?