Author Topic: White House eyes 7-cent gas tax hike for infrastructure plan  (Read 4777 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: White House eyes 7-cent gas tax hike for infrastructure plan
« Reply #100 on: October 26, 2017, 11:23:23 pm »
Imagine the US economy is a big corn farm and you are the farmer.

What a great post, and I agree with every word... But I think you lost em right here... Their redneck detector went off and their minds shut down...

Maybe you should have used marijuana as the example.

:beer: :patriot: :seeya:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 11:23:57 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #101 on: October 27, 2017, 12:24:23 am »
Applewood wrote:
"And I must correct myself, in the last rankings PA's roads came in third worst.  But they have in other years been rated the worst."

It was only a few years back the Republican governor (and legislature) passed a 25-cent increase in the PA gas tax, supposedly to rebuild their infrastructure (because of that bad reputation).

Not surprisingly, that year a democrat-communist won the governorship...

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #102 on: October 27, 2017, 01:33:40 pm »
Not really.  Here we have a Republican majority in both houses of the legislature, but they might as well all be Democrats.  They too don't really care about the average taxpayer. 

Right now, the state has passed a budget, but it's still trying to figure out how to pay for it.  I don't know about you, but I look at how much money I have before I decide on how to spend it.  Here, they put out their wish list, then scramble around looking for money to pay for it.  Of course, it will be the taxpayers footing the bill.  And the money raised will once again go down the rabbit hole. 

Don't expect the federal increase in the gas tax to be any different.
Then you have a real problem in your state.

In mine, going into a state legislator's office is pretty easy, as they are pretty accessible to an ordinary person.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington