Author Topic: CAMP: Roy Moore Is Not A Constitutional Conservative  (Read 22264 times)

Offline kevindavis007

CAMP: Roy Moore Is Not A Constitutional Conservative
« on: October 23, 2017, 12:16:46 pm »
On September 26, Roy Moore beat Luther Strange in Alabama’s GOP runoff election. He will face Democratic candidate Doug Jones in the December 12 special election for the U.S. Senate.

During his victory speech, Moore said:

Together we can make America great! ... As long as it’s constitutional, as long as it advance our society, our culture, our country, I will be supportive. As long as it’s constitutional. But we have to return to knowledge of God and the Constitution of the United States to the United States Congress.

"As long as it’s constitutional." Remember that phrase.

Excerpted by Mod2

Read more: http://www.dailywire.com/news/22591/camp-roy-moore-not-constitutional-conservative-frank-camp
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 01:30:05 pm by Mod2 »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: CAMP: Roy Moore Is Not A Constitutional Conservative
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 12:21:48 pm »
As an elected official, Moore’s allegiance to the constitution, the rule of law, and the decisions of the judiciary should have superseded his religious values, or even his beliefs regarding the legal case surrounding the Ten Commandments monument. The court ordered him to remove what they labeled an unconstitutional monument, and he defied that order.

Roy Moore mocks the Constitution, and especially the Establishment Clause of the first amendment.   He does not deserve the support of Constitutional conservatives.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 12:32:10 pm »
Roy Moore mocks the Constitution, and especially the Establishment Clause of the first amendment.   He does not deserve the support of Constitutional conservatives.

:amen: :amen:

« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 12:39:19 pm by kevindavis »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 12:41:42 pm »
He gets my full, wholehearted endorsement.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 01:14:37 pm »

Did you read the article?? Why do you support him?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 01:20:10 pm »
So, is the question whether or not a 10 Commandments monument allowed by the Constitution?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 01:50:18 pm »

The assertion we have to surrender our religious values that forged the nation when society becomes wicked and judicial activism abolishes by default the 1st Amendment right of free exercise - is bogus.  That is the entire argument made to insist Moore is unfit for office and "not" a Conservative.

If some judge rules the 4th Amendment does not apply to Whites because of White Privilege - and someone like Moore defies the rulings that strip Whites of their property and protects them, I guess in your estimation such a judge is unfit to serve in office.

No wonder we're going full tilt commie.

Moore is most definitely a Conservative, in the mold of Washington and Adams, especially the latter.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2017, 02:08:42 pm »

Because he isn't led around by the nose by the media as YOU obviously are!

BTW: I also FULLY support Roy Moore and predict right here and now that he will soon be the new senator from the state of Alabama!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2017, 02:49:19 pm »
The assertion we have to surrender our religious values that forged the nation when society becomes wicked and judicial activism abolishes by default the 1st Amendment right of free exercise - is bogus.  That is the entire argument made to insist Moore is unfit for office and "not" a Conservative.

If some judge rules the 4th Amendment does not apply to Whites because of White Privilege - and someone like Moore defies the rulings that strip Whites of their property and protects them, I guess in your estimation such a judge is unfit to serve in office.

No wonder we're going full tilt commie.

Moore is most definitely a Conservative, in the mold of Washington and Adams, especially the latter.

Bullsh*t.. He is not like Adams or Washington. He is just a blowhard..

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2017, 03:03:08 pm »

Same here.

Seeing who are constantly trashing him here is validation enough.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2017, 03:08:14 pm »
At this point it no longer matters whether or not he's a constitutional conservative, Moore's in it, so he needs to win it and keep the seat. 

Remaking the courts demands it.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2017, 03:16:19 pm »

YES I read the article. Why wouldn't I support him? He's right.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2017, 03:39:42 pm »
YES I read the article. Why wouldn't I support him? He's right.

No he isn't.. The Constitution isn't just for Christians. It is for everyone. But I guess "God" pre-ordained him to win.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2017, 03:44:15 pm »

No he isn't.. The Constitution isn't just for Christians. It is for everyone. But I guess "God" pre-ordained him to win.

Ah, but the 10 Commandments aren't just for Christians.  They're for everyone.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2017, 03:48:12 pm »
Ah, but the 10 Commandments aren't just for Christians.  They're for everyone.

I'm talking about the Constitution, not the 10 Commandments.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2017, 03:57:57 pm »

I'm talking about the Constitution, not the 10 Commandments.

Don't be coy.  The issue is using the Constitution to prohibit exhibition of the 10 Commandments.

Offline endicom

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2017, 03:58:25 pm »
So, is the question whether or not a 10 Commandments monument allowed by the Constitution?

I would request a change of venue rather than be tried in a court run by someone's religious convictions. As far as the election goes, I want Moore to win.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2017, 04:03:02 pm »

I would request a change of venue rather than be tried in a court run by someone's religious convictions. As far as the election goes, I want Moore to win.

It happens all the time.  People may not advertise it, but one's worldview is to a great extent formed by one's religion or lack thereof.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2017, 04:12:21 pm »

No he isn't..

Yes, he is.

The Constitution isn't just for Christians. It is for everyone. But I guess "God" pre-ordained him to win.

Great, because the Ten Commandments aren't just for Christians either. They're for everyone too. And very likely more foundational to our law (as the distinctive American context of Common Law) than any other thing.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2017, 04:15:03 pm »

There isn't such a thing as a court that is without religious convictions.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2017, 04:24:03 pm »
Had SCOTUS ruled by fiat that the 2nd Amendment does not extend to private ownership and only if it is severely regulated by government - and a bunch of liberals on the courts after that ruling decided that private citizens must turn in and destroy their firearms.  Then, a judge in the mold of Moore refuses to act to impose that unConstitutional infringement, and he is 'removed from office' for refusing to do as commanded - I assume all of you would declare that such a judge is unfit for office and is not a Conservative because he upheld the Constitution before it was abolished via precedent of Activist judges and courts.  Apparently "law" is whatever they say it is and the growing zeitgeist is to eschew anyone who dares exercise the faith that once was the foundation for our entire culture and society.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 04:25:52 pm by INVAR »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2017, 04:47:35 pm »
I would be very glad for some learned scholar to explain to me how the mere display of the ten commandments magically becomes establishing a state religion!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2017, 05:12:37 pm »
I would be very glad for some learned scholar to explain to me how the mere display of the ten commandments magically becomes establishing a state religion!

And you think a monument to the Quran would be appropriate in the center of the courthouse?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2017, 05:17:40 pm »
And you think a monument to the Quran would be appropriate in the center of the courthouse?

NO! Absolutely not!  Because the Quran has nothing to do with U.S. Law!

But even if it were displayed it would not be establishing a state religion!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 05:20:27 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline kidd

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2017, 05:27:55 pm »
I read the article.

Camp's assertion is that Moore does not follow the Constitution based on only two arguments:
1. Moore opposed taking down a public display of the 10 Commandments
2. Moore refused to implement changes after the Obergefell decision

Regarding #1:
First Amendment: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"
Congress has made no law about such a display. Camp is making the argument that Moore is not Constitutional because he refused to obey a court order (not a law) as a result of an ACLU lawsuit. And don't try to tell me that separation of church and state is in the Constitution.

Regarding #2:
The SCOTUS made a ruling, not a law. It is the obligation of Congress to follow through with a law after the SCOTUS ruling. Moore refused to make up a law based on a SCOTUS ruling and would have complied with the law, if a law making body (not the SCOTUS) had made a law that he could have followed.

I fully support Moore.