Author Topic: Donald Trump Jr. is mercilessly mocked for posting a bizarre photo of his father depicted as a superhero  (Read 16425 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Me, too.  Frank needs to be careful.

I hear you but crazy turns me on....

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Swallow whatever you have in your mouth, and put your crystal down.

I don't "worship" President Trump.

If that charge is to stick, my synonyms for "worship" are vigorously defend..whenever necessary, due to fake news and rabid insanity spread by the media...,  and also greatly admire . Donald Trump's heart is in the right place and it bleeds for America and the redux of the Reagan Boom.   

He believes his will be greater!     

And of course, I agree with him.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Don't remember anybody making fun or mocking this?

Which lends credence to the theory that some Cruz supporters are hypocrites and not very bright.   *****rollingeyes*****

Excuse me???  If anyone mocked the photo of Cruz, they would be mocking the creator of the picture.

No one considers Ted Cruz to be a savior or a Superman.  We just know him to be the finest conservative in politics today.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online DCPatriot

I hear you but crazy turns me on....

Rabbit meat this time of year isn't safe to eat. 

....geez, those eyes.....     :smokin:
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 08:39:37 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
What about the Ted Cruz hero worship? Now that is real.

And let me tell it to ya straight...there is no fathomable way that Cruz beats Hillary in that election. No sense doing a dissertation on it, but based on any rudimentary comprehension of the 2016 electoral college, my statement is fact.

There is no chance that Cruz wins Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin which doesn't get him the required winning electoral votes, and perhaps he loses a few other states that Trump won.

Cruz is fine and dandy right where he is...in the Senate, and I root for him to do a good job there. I like Ted Cruz, just not for POTUS.

How about Cruz for President in 2020?

Offline RoosGirl

So it's agreed that we both are and the rest are not.

Yep, I am enjoying the hell out of the increasingly weird and hostile comments.   ^-^

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Music ... I took that Donald Trump Jr., posted this as a joke and I reposted it as I thought it was a hoot.  Obviously, people are reading a whole lot more into the pic than I did.  Hero worship and going gaga over Trump?  Definitely wasn't my intent at all.

Really !!!  I think he posted it as something of a joke and a tongue-in-cheek tribute to his Dad.

Why are people getting hysterical about it?  One way or the other.

There have always been Caricatures of politicians, some better than others.

Online DCPatriot

@DCPatriot

Yeah, not a fan.  People get way too attached to politicians.

My actual point was that it's merely a cartoon meme.

They exist for every POTUS probably going back to Washington.

And when I read our 'Nasty' usual suspects ...like on the tee shirt, "nasty"..., I instantly recalled the one which Pookie uses once a week on the bottom of his "toons".

It was used dozens of times by Cruz supporters during the campaign...never bugged them then.   Etc., etc..

But you're right.  I AM attached to Donald Trump.

Anything happens to him, the stock market is going to make the last October bust look like a Tea Party.

He alone is responsible for everybody's healthy 401ks.

I'd say you all should light a candle in his honor, but then @INVAR and others would do their normal 'anal retentive' routine and claim I'm making him a 'god'.     :whistle:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
If he meant it as a joke, albeit an unfunny one, that's a different story.

If he meant it seriously, he needs counseling.   :shrug:

I never, ever thought you were in the "hero worship" crowd, @libertybele .  Not to worry!  :beer:

I think he posted it as a tongue-in-cheek tribute to his father, which I find kinda touching.

In any case, it's hardly the end of the world.

Silver Pines

At the end of the day, is there a politician who doesn't?

"You must believe I'm going to do what I promise you I'm going to do because I am telling you the truth."

"And I never lie. So you must elect me."

"And did I mention that you can believe me?"

@To-Whose-Benefit?

Plenty.  Unless I've missed the Tim Pawlenty as Jesus memes.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

So much for "not having the time", dude.   :silly:

Excellent Gotcha !!

Offline Frank Cannon

Yep, I am enjoying the hell out of the increasingly weird and hostile comments.   ^-^

Well if you want weird and hostile, I'm your guy.

Your posts are so rotten you should be beaten with a week old Quarter Pounder with cheese in a dirty sock.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I would just like to state for the record that I am and that you are not.

Am, too!

Silver Pines

And when I read our 'Nasty' usual suspects ...like on the tee shirt, "nasty"..., I instantly recalled the one which Pookie uses once a week on the bottom of his "toons".

It was used dozens of times by Cruz supporters during the campaign...never bugged them then.   Etc., etc..

Anything happens to him, the stock market is going to make the last October bust look like a Tea Party.

I'd say you all should light a candle in his honor, but then @INVAR and others would do their normal 'anal retentive' routine and claim I'm making him a 'god'.     :whistle:

@DCPatriot, I'm sorry, but I don't know what nasty logo or meme or t-shirt you mean.  Never saw anything like that.

I don't light candles in honor of public employees.  They're just doing what they were hired to do.

Offline RoosGirl

Well if you want weird and hostile, I'm your guy.

Your posts are so rotten you should be beaten with a week old Quarter Pounder with cheese in a dirty sock.

Stop it.  You are harshing on my Gordon Lightfoot relax session.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Donald Trump's heart is in the right place and it bleeds for America

I'd say you all should light a candle in his honor, but then @INVAR and others would do their normal 'anal retentive' routine and claim I'm making him a 'god'.     

Your own words indict you.

It's disgusting that people who pay lip service to a Republic and liberty loft such power and status upon a political in office whom they have made king, at least in their own minds.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online DCPatriot

If you feel the need to fight or find some sort of moral equivalence ... I'm not up to it.    :laugh:

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author

Rumor has it that smart money is in Foster Grant.

'Cause the NT-ers couldn't shave every morning without them.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online DCPatriot

@DCPatriot, I'm sorry, but I don't know what nasty logo or meme or t-shirt you mean.  Never saw anything like that.

I don't light candles in honor of public employees.  They're just doing what they were hired to do.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
What the heck's the matter with us.

We've spent 5 or 6 pages debating a cartoon about Trump.

There's NFL football going on right now that we could be watching.

Or we could be debating an actual issue.

Silver Pines

@DCPatriot

Am I missing something, because I don't get the significance of that shirt and Cruz supporters? 

Online DCPatriot

@DCPatriot

Am I missing something, because I don't get the significance of that shirt and Cruz supporters?

Evidently, you are missing a lot. :laugh:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Don't remember anybody making fun or mocking this?

I was too busy guffawing over this one.....

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

What the heck's the matter with us.

We've spent 5 or 6 pages debating a cartoon about Trump.

There's NFL football going on right now that we could be watching.

Or we could be debating an actual issue.

What issue would you like to debate? Personally I would love an in depth discussion and debate on which Darrin is better.

Offline RoosGirl

The second one is better.  End of discussion.  Now this one: