Author Topic: Donald Trump Jr. is mercilessly mocked for posting a bizarre photo of his father depicted as a superhero  (Read 16358 times)

Silver Pines

In all my internet travels I've never seen a single thing about Cruz that even comes close to the "Trump-is-Jesus" worship on that thread (or this one, come to think of it).   **nononono*

What I have seen for Cruz is admiration for his intelligence, character, consistency and conservatism.

Not that he is going to, by the mere wave of his divine hand, make the whole world right.

@CatherineofAragon

@musiclady

Agreed.  I like and respect Cruz more than any other politician I can think of, but why would I balk at criticizing him if I think he deserves it?  He's a public servant.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
@TomSea

You think everybody here visits the same threads?  Or all of the threads?  Dude, I don't have time.

Well, aren't you special. Pookie18 is an asset of this forum with that forum and I'd find it hard to believe you couldn't find 1 minute out of 3 months to view one of those threads, so as you've said before "bite me".

Offline musiclady

The NT-ers who are screaming blood and thunder 'See, I Told You So' over this are going to give themselves a stroke.

Trump has done things that make my skin crawl.

www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,268563.0.html

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-nomination-for-hhs-secretary-2017-10

But after 8 years of feeling like I wanted to put my fist through the drywall every time Bammy and his people opened their yaps, I'm not going there Again for the next 7 years of Trump.

For chrissakes it's a political cartoon.

Calm down NT-ers. You're gonna put yourself in a hospital.

I don't know if I'm one of the people you're insulting and swearing about, but I'm feeling just fine, thank you.

It's a beautiful day here in Ohio, the Lord loves me and it's HIS day today, I know HE is in control, and I'm totally calm (just like everyone else you've smeared).

I do wonder, however, at how exercised and angry you are at people who don't share your feelings about Trump.

Perhaps there's a medication that will help you deal with it??  ^-^
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline TomSea

@musiclady

Agreed.  I like and respect Cruz more than any other politician I can think of, but why would I balk at criticizing him if I think he deserves it?  He's a public servant.
'Cept Im' more in tuned with Cruz, he has praised Trump on pro-life issues, nominating Gorsuch and I'm sure much more. 

No, I doubt the sincerity of these sorts of comments, it's more important to be with the man on the issues, not to just give personal anecdotes like @musiclady is doing and expect that to hold a lot of water.

Offline RoosGirl

I'm on record, I voted for Cruz, I voted for Cruz in the daily polls at the FR, it's their under my screen-name and anyone can check it. It's already been brought up here and proven already though I don't care to link to it, members here have seen it. And I certainly would have voted for Cruz if he had been nominated as the candidate.

Any other questions?

That's not exactly your full story on what you think about Cruz, unless I'm thinking of someone else that the second that Cruz is mentioned starts listing all of the grievances: forced Carson to drop out, etc., etc.

Offline musiclady

Yet another Briefing Room middle school thread; "yes he is, no he isn't"

"you are; no you are."

Ad infinitum

Ah yes, the obligatory slam of the forum by one of it's regular contributors.

How conflicted you are about this place, @truth_seeker

Why don't you just admit that you love it here, and that's why you post day in and day out?   :patriot:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Frank Cannon

That's not exactly your full story on what you think about Cruz, unless I'm thinking of someone else that the second that Cruz is mentioned starts listing all of the grievances: forced Carson to drop out, etc., etc.

Don't forget his name is Lyin' Ted.

Offline TomSea

Well, I must be in the wrong forum, I thought others than Trump could be criticized.

And like I said, the so-called Cruz supporters really don't show their support of Cruz, it's a checklist. Cruz stands for this, voted for the healthcare bill, etc. but no, at least some prominent types dont' support his ideas.

Offline Frank Cannon

Yet another Briefing Room middle school thread; "yes he is, no he isn't"

"you are; no you are."

Ad infinitum

I would just like to state for the record that I am and that you are not.

Offline musiclady

'Cept Im' more in tuned with Cruz, he has praised Trump on pro-life issues, nominating Gorsuch and I'm sure much more. 

No, I doubt the sincerity of these sorts of comments, it's more important to be with the man on the issues, not to just give personal anecdotes like @musiclady is doing and expect that to hold a lot of water.

Personal anecdotes?  LOL!

Go to the worship thread, Tom.  And then find even ONE cartoon about Cruz as perverse and sacrilegious as many of them there.

Trump as the crucified Christ??  I should think that should bother even one of his devotees such as yourself......
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 08:18:10 pm by musiclady »

Silver Pines

So much for "not having the time", dude.   :silly:

@Right_in_Virginia

I can always depend on you to respond exactly as I think you will.  Exactly.  I knew damn well you'd come back with that, and you didn't fail me.   :laugh:

What does not generally having the time to spend on a lot of threads have to do with making a long post?  Enlighten me, sweets.

Offline RoosGirl

What about the Ted Cruz hero worship? Now that is real.

And let me tell it to ya straight...there is no fathomable way that Cruz beats Hillary in that election. No sense doing a dissertation on it, but based on any rudimentary comprehension of the 2016 electoral college, my statement is fact.

There is no chance that Cruz wins Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin which doesn't get him the required winning electoral votes, and perhaps he loses a few other states that Trump won.

Cruz is fine and dandy right where he is...in the Senate, and I root for him to do a good job there. I like Ted Cruz, just not for POTUS.

I'm sure there is some Ted Cruz worship.  It's just as ridiculous.  He's a politician.  But, the article wasn't about Ted Cruz.  It was about Trump, (stupid) Trump worship images and people deserving to be mocked for them.

Silver Pines

The NT-ers who are screaming blood and thunder 'See, I Told You So' over this are going to give themselves a stroke.

Trump has done things that make my skin crawl.

www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,268563.0.html

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-nomination-for-hhs-secretary-2017-10

But after 8 years of feeling like I wanted to put my fist through the drywall every time Bammy and his people opened their yaps, I'm not going there Again for the next 7 years of Trump.

For chrissakes it's a political cartoon.

Calm down NT-ers. You're gonna put yourself in a hospital.

@To-Whose-Benefit?

You might have a point if Trump didn't have a genuine personality cult. 

Offline musiclady

Don't forget his name is Lyin' Ted.

You didn't say that loud enough, and you didn't point in anyone's face.

THAT is how LYIN' TED!!!!!  9999hair out0000  9999hair out0000 .....is most effective.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia

Exactly.  I knew damn well you'd come back with that, and you didn't fail me.  ....   

:bs:

(But an honorable attempt at a save, none-the-less   88devil  )

Offline RoosGirl

I would just like to state for the record that I am and that you are not.

@Frank Cannon You definitely are.

Offline Frank Cannon

@Frank Cannon You definitely are.

So it's agreed that we both are and the rest are not.

Offline TomSea

Won't vote for Romney, oh, Ted endorsed.

I'm not a Republican, yeah, good, don't let the door hitcha on the way out.

Really, if these are Cruz supporters, there is no reason to be deeply concerned about their views, they never agree with him...being the conservatives they are.

Offline musiclady

I'm sure there is some Ted Cruz worship.  It's just as ridiculous.  He's a politician.  But, the article wasn't about Ted Cruz.  It was about Trump, (stupid) Trump worship images and people deserving to be mocked for them.

But it is requisite for Trump's followers to turn any thread critical of Trump (or his son's stupid cartoon) into a hate-Cruz thread.

I don't think some of them would sleep at night if they didn't come back with the witty "But CRUZ...." response.

Silver Pines

@TomSea

Lol, for someone in tune with Cruz, you sure make a career of ragging him. 

Silver Pines

@Right_in_Virginia

Face it, you're predictable as hell, RIV.  I love it.

Silver Pines

@Right_in_Virginia

Btw, I'm still waiting for you to answer my question.  Come on, let's hear it. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
   Was it that bad @RoosGirl?  I can't afford to add another pizzed off Briefer to my apology list right now and you being buddies with @Frank Cannon scares the shit out of me.

Me, too.  Frank needs to be careful.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Hey ... you told me long ago that you thought he was Superman ... when I saw this I immediately thought of you.  In all honesty, so far he's done some good.  I'm very concerned with Sessions right now ...hopefully he'll come through or Trump will fire him.  I have some hope that Trump will keep trying to head us in a different direction, and if so, I just may owe you an apology (choke).   :beer:

Don't worry about it ... you will never have to apologize to anyone on this site.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
@To-Whose-Benefit?

You might have a point if Trump didn't have a genuine personality cult.

At the end of the day, is there a politician who doesn't?

"You must believe I'm going to do what I promise you I'm going to do because I am telling you the truth."

"And I never lie. So you must elect me."

"And did I mention that you can believe me?"
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com