Author Topic: Democratic Rep. Blames Harvey Weinstein’s Victims For Being Too Slutty  (Read 11847 times)

Offline dfwgator

Re: Democratic Rep. Blames Harvey Weinstein’s Victims For Being Too Slutty
« Reply #225 on: October 21, 2017, 05:44:25 pm »
Totally agree with that.  Hollywood was a cesspool long before the sexual revolution turned the rest of the country into a cesspool as well.

They've been absolutely amoral for decades, and I'm sure this kind of thing has been going on for a very long time.

Ok, now I think we see eye-to-eye here,   I always was trying to express that Hollywood is different than the rest of society,  anyone who wants a career there is nuts, IMHO.   If God doesn't destroy Hollywood, he owes Sodom and Gomorrah an apology.

Now, if we are talking about other areas, then I am in total agreement that women almost NEVER  ask to be in that situation.   Although if it involves political office, I will still have a jaundiced eye (see Anita Hill). 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #226 on: October 21, 2017, 05:51:55 pm »
Ok, now I think we see eye-to-eye here,   I always was trying to express that Hollywood is different than the rest of society,  anyone who wants a career there is nuts, IMHO.   If God doesn't destroy Hollywood, he owes Sodom and Gomorrah an apology.

Now, if we are talking about other areas, then I am in total agreement that women almost NEVER  ask to be in that situation.   Although if it involves political office, I will still have a jaundiced eye (see Anita Hill).

I've never disagreed about Hollywood, and I'm sure that there are many young starlets who think they have to sleep with a big fat unattractive creep to get ahead, but where I have the problem is with putting the blame on the girl who thinks she has no choice (and may even be told that by her mother.  **nononono*).

And also I have a problem with not understanding why these girls who HAVE been taken advantage of one way or the other (what girl really WANTS to have one-sided sex with a creepy old man...... I mean really!), have not spoken up until now.

The culture (both men and women) is so perverse that they may not have even understood that they were victims before someone else spoke up.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #227 on: October 21, 2017, 05:54:01 pm »
Well this is part of the reason why I haven't been watching anything recently produced out of Hollywood in years.  I'd feel dirty just watching it.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #228 on: October 21, 2017, 06:30:19 pm »
Well this is part of the reason why I haven't been watching anything recently produced out of Hollywood in years.  I'd feel dirty just watching it.

Not a bad decision.   They don't produce much worth watching anyway.  We've seen maybe 2 films a year for the past 10 years or so, and those only with the recommendation of people we trust who know our standards.

It's a wasteland for sure.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Silver Pines

« Reply #229 on: October 21, 2017, 06:53:31 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

That was just mean.  I never said I assume you do.  **nononono*

(You know me better than that.)

@Cyber Liberty

Mean? Really?

I've stated repeatedly that I don't reflexively believe a woman every time she makes this kind of accusation, and then you were still telling me I shouldn't.  Don't know what else I should have thought.

Silver Pines

« Reply #230 on: October 21, 2017, 06:54:57 pm »
Look @CatherineofAragon,  I took the time to go back through the thread this morning because I  felt it incumbent on me to do so and have resolved the controversy to my satisfaction. 

There is NOTHING anyone can do to protect a women from slugs like Wienstein if the women chooses to participate regardless of her motivation for doing so!

Have a nice rest of your day!

@Bigun

So you'll continue to shame the women and expect them to come forth and lap up your condemnation.

I'm not a feminist, but some conservative men are a pretty good argument for becoming one.

Silver Pines

« Reply #231 on: October 21, 2017, 06:56:14 pm »
Exactly right.

This is the response that men (and unfortunately some women) have had for eons, and one of the reasons that women and girls are so stinking afraid to make the charges.

@musiclady

Exactly.  I was naive enough to think our side was different, though.

Silver Pines

« Reply #232 on: October 21, 2017, 06:57:02 pm »
I wish I had a magic wand I could wave and make it so.   So if you want actually want this to happen, then it will take women being smarter to make that happen.    And law enforcement needs to do a better job of backing up those women who indeed are brave enough to come out against these monsters.

@dfwgator

Silver Pines

« Reply #233 on: October 21, 2017, 06:58:50 pm »
And yes, it's also going to take some shaming of those actresses who willingly went along with Weinstein....Don't tell me there weren't at least a few actresses that had no problem doing what they had to do to get that precious acting role.

And just so I don't come off as being sexist, there are plenty of male whore actors as well.

@dfwgator

Oh, you came off sexist pages ago, so that horse is out of the barn.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #234 on: October 21, 2017, 06:59:36 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Mean? Really?

I've stated repeatedly that I don't reflexively believe a woman every time she makes this kind of accusation, and then you were still telling me I shouldn't.  Don't know what else I should have thought.

I didn't think my comments were pointed at you, but if they were, I didn't mean them to be and I apologize.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #235 on: October 21, 2017, 07:01:14 pm »
@musiclady

Exactly.  I was naive enough to think our side was different, though.

If our side were different, things would not be as they are.  :shrug:

Not to bring up a sore point, but if our side were different, we would have had a different nominee for President in 2016.

But sexual predation was no big deal to a plurality on "our side."

That's part of the reason I gave up on the Republican Party.  (Only part).

We have met the enemy, and he is us..... 

(Actually, upon reflection, I think there were one or two men on this forum who liked the guy MORE after they found out he preyed on young women.....  **nononono*)

« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 07:03:59 pm by musiclady »

Silver Pines

« Reply #236 on: October 21, 2017, 07:02:00 pm »
I didn't think my comments were pointed at you, but if they were, I didn't mean them to be and I apologize.

@Cyber Liberty

Well, you said to me, "Don't believe every woman coming out of the woodwork", so yeah, I took it to be me.

Thank you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #237 on: October 21, 2017, 07:04:46 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Well, you said to me, "Don't believe every woman coming out of the woodwork", so yeah, I took it to be me.

Thank you.

It was not a comment aimed at you, it was just a general comment to the thread.  I already know you better than that.  But I can see how you could take it that way, and again, I am sorry for that.  It was not my intent.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #238 on: October 21, 2017, 07:08:12 pm »
It was not a comment aimed at you, it was just a general comment to the thread.  I already know you better than that.  But I can see how you could take it that way, and again, I am sorry for that.  It was not my intent.

If I can jump in here....... I also thank you for the apology, because I interpreted it the same way @CatherineofAragon  did.

Sometimes what we say, and our intentions seem very clear to us, but they come across much differently than they are meant.  (Speaking from vast experience here!)

@Cyber Liberty

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #239 on: October 21, 2017, 07:10:32 pm »
If I can jump in here....... I also thank you for the apology, because I interpreted it the same way @CatherineofAragon  did.

Sometimes what we say, and our intentions seem very clear to us, but they come across much differently than they are meant.  (Speaking from vast experience here!)

@Cyber Liberty

Everybody gets defensive about some topics, and I'd say there was a bit of that in my post.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 07:11:29 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Silver Pines

« Reply #240 on: October 21, 2017, 07:12:11 pm »

@Cyber Liberty

I appreciate that.  Fully accepted.

Silver Pines

« Reply #241 on: October 21, 2017, 07:12:59 pm »

@Cyber Liberty

@musiclady

The eternal problem on the internet, right?  No one can hear inflections and there's always the danger you'll be misunderstood.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #243 on: October 21, 2017, 07:20:26 pm »
@Bigun

So you'll continue to shame the women and expect them to come forth and lap up your condemnation.

I'm not a feminist, but some conservative men are a pretty good argument for becoming one.

Sorry dear!  You are rrreeeeaaaaaaccccccccchhhhhhhhhiiiiiinnnnnnnnggggggg way to far with that garbage!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #244 on: October 21, 2017, 07:55:59 pm »
Sorry dear!  You are rrreeeeaaaaaaccccccccchhhhhhhhhiiiiiinnnnnnnnggggggg way to far with that garbage!

It's clear that you were never a woman posting on TOS.

I spent 10 years there, and the sexism was so rank that sometimes I felt like I needed a shower after I left.

Which reminds me of a point I didn't make about men and women and emotions.....

The women who post on the Internet tend to be survivors of all sorts of verbal abuse (not here, mind you, but 'out there.').

We keep our emotions in check, or just are mature enough to handle loads of insults from piggish men that we don't overreact to things.

On the other hand, the emotional flailings of a number of men who get feelings hurt and lash out is pretty significant.

I would venture to say that the majority of women who get involved in heated discussions keep things intelligent and sometimes oh, so sarcastic.

Many men, to the contrary, just get mad and say stupid things rather than think things through and stick it out to the end.  (Like a couple of you have.  You're gentlemen!).

That's one of the reasons I love this forum and despised TOS.  A much larger percentage of the men here are men, and not little boys.  That's pretty much all they have left over at that other place...... emotional little boys.

Making the stereotype the opposite of the truth.  :patriot:
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 07:57:43 pm by musiclady »

Offline musiclady

Silver Pines

« Reply #246 on: October 21, 2017, 07:58:32 pm »

@Bigun, I'm not playing that with you.  You're going to have to own it.

Silver Pines

« Reply #247 on: October 21, 2017, 08:03:50 pm »
It's clear that you were never a woman posting on TOS.

I spent 10 years there, and the sexism was so rank that sometimes I felt like I needed a shower after I left.

Which reminds me of a point I didn't make about men and women and emotions.....

The women who post on the Internet tend to be survivors of all sorts of verbal abuse (not here, mind you, but 'out there.').

We keep our emotions in check, or just are mature enough to handle loads of insults from piggish men that we don't overreact to things.

On the other hand, the emotional flailings of a number of men who get feelings hurt and lash out is pretty significant.

I would venture to say that the majority of women who get involved in heated discussions keep things intelligent and sometimes oh, so sarcastic.

Many men, to the contrary, just get mad and say stupid things rather than think things through and stick it out to the end.  (Like a couple of you have.  You're gentlemen!).

That's one of the reasons I love this forum and despised TOS.  A much larger percentage of the men here are men, and not little boys.  That's pretty much all they have left over at that other place...... emotional little boys.

Making the stereotype the opposite of the truth.  :patriot:

@musiclady

When I signed up at TOS, I didn't believe conservative men could dislike women.  I thought TaxChick was exaggerating when she said many men over there really despise them.  I was wrong, and she was right.

Just offhand, did you ever run across bert at TOS?

He has some kind of fixation on women and Oil of Olay....he holds them in contempt for using it, but I'm not sure why.

He once said to me that females wear high heels not because they're fashionable, or because they improve the look of the leg, but because women feel inferior to men and the heels make them feel more equal.

?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #248 on: October 21, 2017, 08:07:06 pm »

@Bigun, I'm not playing that with you.  You're going to have to own it.

@CatherineofAragon

No Sale!  I'm not playing your stupid game! 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #249 on: October 21, 2017, 08:09:02 pm »
@musiclady

When I signed up at TOS, I didn't believe conservative men could dislike women.  I thought TaxChick was exaggerating when she said many men over there really despise them.  I was wrong, and she was right.

Just offhand, did you ever run across bert at TOS?

He has some kind of fixation on women and Oil of Olay....he holds them in contempt for using it, but I'm not sure why.

He once said to me that females wear high heels not because they're fashionable, or because they improve the look of the leg, but because women feel inferior to men and the heels make them feel more equal.

?

Was that A-bert? (Or whatever.  I think I've repressed many of the names).  He was a creep.

That kind of comment is not surprising in the least.  And we had to take that day in and day out, and the women who dared fight back were immediately labeled "harpies" by a bunch of insecure sexist pigs, smoking cigars, with beer bellies sticking out of the bottom of their wife beaters, most likely still in their Mommy's basement.....  *****rollingeyes*****

Conservative men who say there isn't rampant sexism have clearly never been a woman taking verbal abuse from insecure men.

@CatherineofAragon
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 08:12:16 pm by musiclady »