Author Topic: Democratic Rep. Blames Harvey Weinstein’s Victims For Being Too Slutty  (Read 11845 times)

Offline dfwgator

Re: Democratic Rep. Blames Harvey Weinstein’s Victims For Being Too Slutty
« Reply #175 on: October 21, 2017, 12:28:31 pm »
@dfwgator

You really want to know how to help?  Stop doing what you're doing.  When a woman comes out with a story of being harassed, stop knee jerking that oh, well, it's partially her fault because she didn't speak up.  I don't mean that we shouldn't let the legal process play out or that we should assume that every man is guilty---I know there are women who fabricate charges.  I'm saying stop blaming women when some pig harasses them, because even though you don't want to use the word, that's what you're doing.

And then the moment we do that,  here comes an Anita Hill-type.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #176 on: October 21, 2017, 12:40:31 pm »
No woman (or man) should be raped. Ever.

Slut shaming is horrible. When it happened to me in college I was told it was my fault because I was wearing a mini skirt.

I was 21 and naive and I believed the campus police when I told these m this even though they could see my clothes were ripped and something happened.

I carried it with me for years, never wore a skirt for the next decade and to this day, never wore a pink sweater or shirt which is my favorite color, again.I finally found a therapist about 15 years later who helped me with this.

Now regarding the Weinstein brothers, give them a trial and if it's true throw the book at them. As for the actresses, I'm sorry this happened to them. It shouldn't have. It takes courage to come out and maybe their stories can help other women in the future.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 12:41:19 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #177 on: October 21, 2017, 12:49:11 pm »
You mean propositions to marry, or propositions to bed teen aged girls?

Neither.  Propositions to bed legal women.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #178 on: October 21, 2017, 12:56:25 pm »

Slut shaming is horrible. When it happened to me in college I was told it was my fault because I was wearing a mini skirt.

I was 21 and naive and I believed the campus police when I told these m this even though they could see my clothes were ripped and something happened.

I carried it with me for years, never wore a skirt for the next decade and to this day, never wore a pink sweater or shirt which is my favorite color, again.I finally found a therapist about 15 years later who helped me with this.

Now regarding the Weinstein brothers, give them a trial and if it's true throw the book at them. As for the actresses, I'm sorry this happened to them. It shouldn't have. It takes courage to come out and maybe their stories can help other women in the future.

I'm truly sorry that such a thing happened to you @Freya!   I'm fully with you on punishing all of these malfeasant bastards to the fullest extent of the law!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #179 on: October 21, 2017, 01:16:04 pm »

THANK you for sharing that, @Freya !  Your case, unfortunately is typical, and the scars you bear are borne by far too many women.  Fortunately, women now are taken more seriously, and offered counseling from the get go.

If you had had that (and been BELIEVED), it would have saved you years of anguish.

I'm SO sorry this happened to you, and am thankful you are a survivor. 
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #180 on: October 21, 2017, 01:19:14 pm »
Thank you @Bigun and @musiclady
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline musiclady

« Reply #181 on: October 21, 2017, 01:19:25 pm »
I'm not offended! Not at all! I'm just not governed by emotion.  Most men aren't.

Actually, that's another discussion entirely.

I've found on these kinds of forums that the men are easily as emotional as the women........ sometimes more.

But since that has absolutely NOTHING to do with rape and its victims, there's no need to belabor the point.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Silver Pines

« Reply #182 on: October 21, 2017, 02:17:13 pm »
And then the moment we do that,  here comes an Anita Hill-type.

@dfwgator

Lol, well then, I guess the only option is to keep blaming women, then!

I'll say it again:  this is why I refuse to defend conservative men anymore, whether it's to a feminist or anyone else.   

Offline musiclady

« Reply #183 on: October 21, 2017, 02:44:52 pm »
@dfwgator

I'll say it again:  this is why I refuse to defend conservative men anymore, whether it's to a feminist or anyone else.

The OBVIOUS choice is to blame all women for assaults because of what Anita Hill did to Clarence Thomas....   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #184 on: October 21, 2017, 03:06:37 pm »
The OBVIOUS choice is to blame all women for assaults because of what Anita Hill did to Clarence Thomas....   *****rollingeyes*****

Let's refocus...

Anita Hill was highly tangential to the subject, even when that happened.  She was being a Tool of the Democrats and their propaganda arm, the Press.  Her allegations would have been laughed out of a court, and she knew it, but the Craps where looking for something, anything to stop that nomination.  I only brought it up because a very nasty side effect occurred because of that event, the burden of proof was changed in many instances, (mainly in the corporate world where normal rules of evidence don't apply) to where guilt is assumed and innocence must be proved. 

This thread is about a Democrat Representative, Eddie Bernice Johnson, who attempted to bring up the age-old rapists' defense of "She asked for it."  Again, a tool is being used by the Democrats and their propaganda arm, the Press.  It's not going to work this time, there are too many sympathetic figures.   Underage victims, for starters.

That there were also a bunch of willing "victims" who were happy to go along because it got them acting gigs just clouds the issue.  You can bet Weinswine's attorneys are going to play them to the hilt (along with the Democrats and their propaganda arm, the Press).  Meanwhile adults who really were victims of Weinswine will be pushed aside, and that's the tragedy that will play out here.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 03:34:34 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #185 on: October 21, 2017, 03:19:25 pm »
@dfwgator

So you believed Anita Hill?  Your position is just the other extreme, opposite of always blaming the victim. 
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 03:20:36 pm by dfwgator »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #186 on: October 21, 2017, 04:02:13 pm »
Quote from: Bigun on October 19, 2017, 07:47:44 PM
There are lots of bad men in this world.  That is an absolute fact.  How would you suggest young women be protected from them?

@musiclady  responds:

Prosecuting them.

But then, we have this glaring example of Bill Clinton, rapist, sexual predator, who is walking free....

So I'd say, every little girl needs to learn to defend herself physically.   And be given enough self-confidence to walk away, and report it to the police when a boss or powerful man abuses them.

I agree with every bit of that!  Now for the third time on this thread, what do we do when the woman finding herself in such a situation REFUSES to walk away?  How do we protect them in that crcumstance?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 04:02:34 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #187 on: October 21, 2017, 04:06:52 pm »
Quote from: Bigun on October 19, 2017, 07:47:44 PM
@musiclady  responds:

I agree with every bit of that!  Now for the third time on this thread, what do we do when the woman finding herself in such a situation REFUSES to walk away?  How do we protect them in that crcumstance?

If she is refusing to walk away, and she is under age (as many of these victims are), then he is still guilty of statutory rape.  We can't protect her beforehand if she doesn't have the self worth or understanding to walk away, but we can still get justice for her after the fact.

If it's an adult and she doesn't refuse, and is willing, then she's not a victim.

But no one here was claiming those women were.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #188 on: October 21, 2017, 04:14:03 pm »
If she is refusing to walk away, and she is under age (as many of these victims are), then he is still guilty of statutory rape.  We can't protect her beforehand if she doesn't have the self worth or understanding to walk away, but we can still get justice for her after the fact.

If it's an adult and she doesn't refuse, and is willing, then she's not a victim.

Exactly.   There were a lot of women who were willing to take up with Weinswine because they got something of value from the relationship, and are going to cloud this issue greatly as the legal cases against Weinswine unfold.  Half of them are going to change their minds to declare themselves victims to justify the deals they made with the Devil.  A lot of those #metoo tags are #FOS.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 04:14:43 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #189 on: October 21, 2017, 04:15:46 pm »

OK! Now we are getting somewhere!  There is nothing in your post that I would disagree with! Not a word.  But victims are going to HAVE to come forward and testify for justice to be done.  It won't work any other way!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #190 on: October 21, 2017, 04:17:18 pm »
OK! Now we are getting somewhere!  There is nothing in your post that I would disagree with! Not a word.  But victims are going to HAVE to come forward and testify for justice to be done.  It won't work any other way!

There will also be a lot of fake victims too, and that will make the legitimate cases more difficult.
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #191 on: October 21, 2017, 04:17:20 pm »
Exactly.   There were a lot of women who were willing to take up with Weinswine because they got something of value from the relationship, and are going to cloud this issue greatly as the legal cases against Weinswine unfold.  Half of them are going to change their minds to declare themselves victims to justify the deals they made with the Devil.  A lot of those #metoo tags are #FOS.

Absolutely no argument from me.

Liberal women are just as deceitful and underhanded as liberal men are.

I still don't know if the dingbat rep was told to do this for attention, or if she's really this sexist and stupid....

Or both.   :shrug:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #192 on: October 21, 2017, 04:19:51 pm »

I still don't know if the dingbat rep was told to do this for attention, or if she's really this sexist and stupid....

Or both.   :shrug:

I vote the latter.  She isn't serving the interests of any of the powers that be, what she said is just as destructive to them.
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #193 on: October 21, 2017, 04:20:02 pm »

Absolutely right!  I strongly suspect that in many cases the lust for the shiny object overcame the will to resist the immorality the moment involved!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #194 on: October 21, 2017, 04:20:22 pm »

Nothing I said in that post differed from anything I've said before.

I hope that all the attention this creep's crimes are getting makes young women (and girls) bolder, and more willing to stick their necks out (and get raped all over again in some ways) to press charges.

As I have said all along, it takes tremendous courage to speak out about the sexual aggression and assaults from a man in power.

I hope more have the courage and strength it takes.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #195 on: October 21, 2017, 04:23:20 pm »
Nothing I said in that post differed from anything I've said before.

I hope that all the attention this creep's crimes are getting makes young women (and girls) bolder, and more willing to stick their necks out (and get raped all over again in some ways) to press charges.

As I have said all along, it takes tremendous courage to speak out about the sexual aggression and assaults from a man in power.

I hope more have the courage and strength it takes.

So I guess we have been talking past each other for most of this thread because I COMPLETELY agree with that!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #196 on: October 21, 2017, 04:31:49 pm »
Absolutely right!  I strongly suspect that in many cases the lust for the shiny object overcame the will to resist the immorality the moment involved!

That's why a lot of failed starlets simply become prostitutes after failing to get those shiny objects from the likes of Weinswine.  They figure they may as well get paid upfront in cash for what they were willing to trade off for the "Big Break."  Mrs. Liberty was raised in SoCal, and knew lots of Hollywood types, and she tells me that's a common career move.
I will NOT comply.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #197 on: October 21, 2017, 04:32:56 pm »
So I guess we have been talking past each other for most of this thread because I COMPLETELY agree with that!

Y'all are just finally talking about the same thing.  You can go back to the beginning of the thread and see that there are some people who were intent on agreeing with the Dem Rep that women who dressed slutty or acted a certain way bore some of the blame if they were sexually abused.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #198 on: October 21, 2017, 04:33:31 pm »

I've been following this thread, and you aren't the only people who have been talking past each other....

Good to see you guys caught on.

:beer:
:beer:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #199 on: October 21, 2017, 04:34:14 pm »
Y'all are just finally talking about the same thing.  You can go back to the beginning of the thread and see that there are some people who were intent on agreeing with the Dem Rep that women who dressed slutty or acted a certain way bore some of the blame if they were sexually abused.

I saw that too, and I was as disappointed as y'all.
I will NOT comply.