Author Topic: Democratic Rep. Blames Harvey Weinstein’s Victims For Being Too Slutty  (Read 11861 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson was interviewed on the subject of the Harvey Weinstein sexual abuse scandal. She started out saying she was angry at ole Harv, but quickly put it all on his victims.

“I grew up in a time when it was as much the woman’s responsibility as it was a man’s — how you were dressed, what your behavior was. I’m from the old school that you can have behaviors that appear to be inviting. It can be interpreted as such. That’s the responsibility, I think, of the female. I think that males have a responsibility to be professional themselves,” said Johnson.

https://downtrend.com/71superb/democratic-rep-blames-harvey-weinsteins-victims-for-being-too-slutty

Offline dfwgator

Re: Democratic Rep. Blames Harvey Weinstein’s Victims For Being Too Slutty
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 09:36:02 pm »
Takes two to tango.

This isn't like when a family member abuses a person.   These women had a choice...Ok, so maybe they wouldn't have their precious little acting career.  But all they did was to make sure in the future that others would have to put out to get the roles,    and now that they made their millions, ooooh now they're so brave.....Gag me.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 09:36:34 pm by dfwgator »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 09:36:29 pm »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 09:58:29 pm »
Uh oh...she made a statement loaded with common sense.   :nono:

Going to be interesting to see how the snowflakes and SJW's respond... :pondering:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline endicom

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 10:02:56 pm »
A common sense comment by a Toronto policeman began the Slut Walk craze.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 10:03:57 pm »
Eddie Bernice Johnson is the only thing keepin Sheila Jackson Lee from the title of worlds dumbest congressman.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2017, 10:09:50 pm »
Hmm, a couple of the comments here make me believe that if those members magically found a naked woman in their backyards they would think it would be okay to have sex with them, even if the woman said no. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2017, 10:13:57 pm »
Hmm, a couple of the comments here make me believe that if those members magically found a naked woman in their backyards they would think it would be okay to have sex with them, even if the woman said no.

Only if they are wearing a Darth Vader helmet. I have standards.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2017, 10:16:41 pm »

I was about to say the same thing. Disgusting.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2017, 10:18:56 pm »

Part of the reason we're in the mess we're in now..........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2017, 10:19:51 pm »
I was about to say the same thing. Disgusting.

Nauseating, actually.

Ol Perv Harv just couldn't help himself because of the way those teenaged girls dressed..........   **nononono*

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2017, 10:23:00 pm »
Takes two to tango.

This isn't like when a family member abuses a person.   These women had a choice...Ok, so maybe they wouldn't have their precious little acting career.  But all they did was to make sure in the future that others would have to put out to get the roles,    and now that they made their millions, ooooh now they're so brave.....Gag me.

You need to do some more editing on this disgusting post.

Like maybe to delete it??    **nononono*

Or did you think Paula and Gennifer, and Juanita were at fault too, and not Bill Clinton??

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2017, 10:23:11 pm »
Nauseating, actually.

Ol Perv Harv just couldn't help himself because of the way those teenaged girls dressed..........   **nononono*

If only one of these actresses decided that their precious little acting career wasn't worth it and walked away and took down Harvey a long time ago, many others would have been spared.

But now that they have their "FU Money",  now they can be "brave" and come out against Weinstein.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2017, 10:26:15 pm »
If only one of these actresses decided that their precious little acting career wasn't worth it and walked away and took down Harvey a long time ago, many others would have been spared.

But now that they have their "FU Money",  now they can be "brave" and come out against Weinstein.

Do you have ANY clue about sexual predators.............. especially those in power??

Do you have ANY idea how much courage it takes to come out against a man in power who has abused you???

The ignorance you display in these posts is stunning.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2017, 10:29:55 pm »
Do you have ANY clue about sexual predators.............. especially those in power??

Do you have ANY idea how much courage it takes to come out against a man in power who has abused you???

The ignorance you display in these posts is stunning.

They could have walked away before the abuse,  would they have to perhaps give up their acting career?  Maybe so.    But they had that choice.

When it's a relative or a family member, you don't have that choice, it's not so easy to walk away.

And if more of them had done that,  then this crap would have ended in Hollywood years ago.  Don't tell me these women didn't know how things were in Hollywood before they went there.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2017, 10:31:33 pm »
You need to do some more editing on this disgusting post.

Like maybe to delete it??    **nononono*

Or did you think Paula and Gennifer, and Juanita were at fault too, and not Bill Clinton??

Did these women know about Bill Clinton before they met him?  I highly doubt that.   But the slime in Hollywood has been known for years.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2017, 10:34:17 pm »
They could have walked away before the abuse,  would they have to perhaps give up their acting career?  Maybe so.    But they had that choice.

When it's a relative or a family member, you don't have that choice, it's not so easy to walk away.

And if more of them had done that,  then this crap would have ended in Hollywood years ago.  Don't tell me these women didn't know how things were in Hollywood before they went there.

Do you know how YOUNG some of these "women" were??

I can't believe you're blaming them for what this vile, sleazy pedophile predator did to them?

Yes, Hollywood has been a vile place for a long time, but making excuses for the man and blaming the young, young women for this abuse is despicable.

btw, you never answered my question....... were Bill Clinton's victims also to blame?  Bill Cosby's?  Donald Trump's?  Every predatory boss out there preying on young women who want to keep their jobs?

I certainly wish they had had the courage to come out about this earlier, but you have NO idea how difficult and sometimes dangerous it is to come out against someone with this much power, and influence.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2017, 10:36:35 pm »

Courtney Love tried when it happened to her, she spoke out immediately, and nothing happened.

It is easy to sit behind a keyboard and say what they should have done, it is another thing to try to weigh the consequences of what will happen going up against someone as powerful as Weinstein who could destroy their lives- especially in a he said she said scenario. They also probably saw when Love spoke up, it didn't change anything.  Even if they were rational enough to do a risk/benefit analysis, the odds wouldn't be in their favor.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2017, 10:37:42 pm »
Did these women know about Bill Clinton before they met him?  I highly doubt that.   But the slime in Hollywood has been known for years.

That's quite a reach.  Has every young woman in Hollywood been raped?  Is every producer a sexual predator?

You're blaming these young women for being raped.  Do you understand how vile that is?

Hollywood is an immoral place, but making that an excuse for men to rape and saying that women should have known better is absurd.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2017, 10:38:51 pm »
Courtney Love tried when it happened to her, she spoke out immediately, and nothing happened.

It is easy to sit behind a keyboard and say what they should have done, it is another thing to try to weigh the consequences of what will happen going up against someone as powerful as Weinstein who could destroy their lives- especially in a he said she said scenario. They also probably saw when Love spoke up, it didn't change anything.  Even if they were rational enough to do a risk/benefit analysis, the odds wouldn't be in their favor.

It is also possible to want something so badly that your good judgement is impaired by it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2017, 10:39:11 pm »

No, they couldn't have walked away before the abuse; some of them went to his room for what they thought was a conversation and he ended up asking for massages and them to watch him while he showered, not knowing that's what he was going to do to them.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2017, 10:39:17 pm »
Do you know how YOUNG some of these "women" were??

I can't believe you're blaming them for what this vile, sleazy pedophile predator did to them?

Yes, Hollywood has been a vile place for a long time, but making excuses for the man and blaming the young, young women for this abuse is despicable.

btw, you never answered my question....... were Bill Clinton's victims also to blame?  Bill Cosby's?  Donald Trump's?  Every predatory boss out there preying on young women who want to keep their jobs?

I certainly wish they had had the courage to come out about this earlier, but you have NO idea how difficult and sometimes dangerous it is to come out against someone with this much power, and influence.

Not making excuses at all for Weinstein, frankly if it were up to me, I'd put a bullet in his head right now.    And yes some of the women were very young, and I excuse them,   but there were older ones who should have known better that came before them.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 10:39:38 pm by dfwgator »

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2017, 10:39:29 pm »
Really?  You inferred that from my comment?  Sorry, but no. 

What she originally said about the females who throw themselves at the man/men and then cry foul has merit.

Like false rape allegations that land men in jail for years with little to no consequence for the liar/accuser.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2017, 10:43:17 pm »
Really?  You inferred that from my comment?  Sorry, but no. 

What she originally said about the females who throw themselves at the man/men and then cry foul has merit.

Like false rape allegations that land men in jail for years with little to no consequence for the liar/accuser.

You said her attack on the women raped by Weinstein was "common sense."

What else is to be "inferred" from that??