Author Topic: Most Voters Welcome Trump’s Outreach to Congressional Democrats  (Read 6235 times)

Offline Concerned

Re: Most Voters Welcome Trump’s Outreach to Congressional Democrats
« Reply #125 on: September 14, 2017, 02:02:06 pm »
@Concerned
I'm still waiting to hear of a viable alternative for the general election.

anyone?

If only voting for someone who was "viable" is your criteria, then you were indeed stuck with choosing between Trump and Clinton.  Viability isn't my criteria though (if it were I never would have voted for Bob Dole because I think he had no "viable" chance of winning in 1996).  Regardless, last year, I voted for whom my conscience said would be the best at leading the country.  I can't speak for anyone else's criteria though (but I'll certainly respect their ability to have different criteria than mine)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 02:03:46 pm by Concerned »
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #126 on: September 14, 2017, 02:02:32 pm »
Why is it that when Trump supporters circle the wagons when he F's up, it almost always reverts to attacks on Cruz?

Lighten up Francis .... y'all have made it such an easy chain to jerk   :laugh:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #127 on: September 14, 2017, 02:07:36 pm »

I'm still waiting to hear of a viable alternative for the general election.

anyone?

So support the nonviable because it's all there is? Hell no. That's what gets you a Republican president cozying up to liberal democrats and two full houses of Republicans who can't get out of their own way.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #128 on: September 14, 2017, 02:09:23 pm »
You think that Trump working with the democrats to subvert...nevermind, it's not like you're actually going to answer the question anyway.

Have a great day, sweetie.

When I'm right, I'm really right.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #129 on: September 14, 2017, 02:09:56 pm »
Why is it that when Trump supporters circle the wagons when he F's up, it almost always reverts to attacks on Cruz?

Not always. Often it's Reagan.  :shrug:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #130 on: September 14, 2017, 02:10:18 pm »
And that was his intent all along.  He just said the right things to say that would get the voters riled up enough to elect him.

Now he's laughing at those same people as he continues with the same old Washington Two Step.
Long time ago (or so it seems) I mentioned that he may have figured out it is more lucrative to be the politician than to buy them.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

« Reply #131 on: September 14, 2017, 02:18:39 pm »
Some of this stems from the fact that Ryan McCain McConnell all ran on tax reform, cutting spending, and repealing Obamacare

Now that they own all three branches of the government they've become like deer in headlights.

I just don't see any good  coming with Trump working with Democrats.  The left isn't going to love him for doing this. They're still going to hate him.  His supporters seem to want him to simply get something done versus seeking a conservative agenda.

Next, he works with Democrats to get IvankaCare passed. More mandates on small business is just what this country doesn't need
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 02:20:00 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #132 on: September 14, 2017, 03:18:47 pm »
Some of this stems from the fact that Ryan McCain McConnell all ran on tax reform, cutting spending, and repealing Obamacare

Now that they own all three branches of the government they've become like deer in headlights.

I just don't see any good  coming with Trump working with Democrats.  The left isn't going to love him for doing this. They're still going to hate him.  His supporters seem to want him to simply get something done versus seeking a conservative agenda.

Next, he works with Democrats to get IvankaCare passed. More mandates on small business is just what this country doesn't need

QFT. That's right.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #133 on: September 14, 2017, 03:20:00 pm »
Ah .. @Bigun we're not discussing the statistical probability of a Cruz presidency.   88devil

@Right_in_Virginia

NO! We damned sure aren't!  We ARE discussing the statistical probability of your wunderkind, Donald J. Trump, doing what he CLEARLY said he would do!

Hope this clears that up for you!

« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 03:21:34 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #134 on: September 14, 2017, 03:59:17 pm »
Long time ago (or so it seems) I mentioned that he may have figured out it is more lucrative to be the politician than to buy them.

Or to be a former POTUS?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #135 on: September 14, 2017, 04:00:53 pm »
Lighten up Francis .... y'all have made it such an easy chain to jerk   :laugh:

Just remember that street goes both ways, so no bitching and whining the next time you get "savaged"

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #136 on: September 14, 2017, 04:01:56 pm »
Or to be a former POTUS?
Not many jobs where you retire at full pay and benefits out here in the real world. It would be nice if we could vote on that package....on a case by case basis.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis