Author Topic: Most Voters Welcome Trump’s Outreach to Congressional Democrats  (Read 6289 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Most Voters Welcome Trump’s Outreach to Congressional Democrats
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2017, 09:33:45 pm »
@Smokin Joe

I looked all over hell for that this morning before I resorted to just doing a google.

Thanks!
It's pegged at the top of the Editorial/Opinion stack.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2017, 09:35:29 pm »
It's pegged at the top of the Editorial/Opinion stack.

888high58888
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2017, 11:54:24 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Right here! And for the third time I ask what "agenda"?
@Bigun

I know what you're trying to do...but I think after the third time and all you get is deflection...you kinda know what her answer truly is.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2017, 11:58:14 pm »
@Bigun

I know what you're trying to do...but I think after the third time and all you get is deflection...you kinda know what her answer truly is.

Enjoy the silence.  :laugh:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2017, 12:01:31 am »
Enjoy the silence.  :laugh:

Vows are spoken
To be broken
Feelings are intense
Words are trivial
Pleasures remain
So does the pain
Words are meaningless
And forgettable

:laugh:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2017, 12:04:57 am »
Vows are spoken
To be broken
Feelings are intense
Words are trivial
Pleasures remain
So does the pain
Words are meaningless
And forgettable

:laugh:

That too!   888high58888

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2017, 12:08:29 am »

Rare is the CEO who gives his major players a second chance to screw up his plans.  It just doesn't happen.  They're either removed or marginalized to the hinterland. That's life---in Realsville.  ^-^

HAHAHAHAHA! Realsville. I take it you have very little experience with CEOs, as your statement above attests.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2017, 12:26:02 am »

#nevertrumpers have been consistently wrong for 18 months, but beginning today we should turn to them to explain the daily political news?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2017, 12:36:33 am »
HAHAHAHAHA! Realsville. I take it you have very little experience with CEOs, as your statement above attests.

Actually @roamer_1  you're wrong.   And again:  Setting and meeting strategic corporate goals ("agenda" in politics) are the priority.

It truly is if you're not part of the solution, you are part of the problem, especially if the problem is causing a diminished industry stature, reputation and .... money.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 12:38:03 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Concerned

« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2017, 12:47:37 am »
Actually @roamer_1  you're wrong.   And again:  Setting and meeting strategic corporate goals ("agenda" in politics) are the priority.

It truly is if you're not part of the solution, you are part of the problem, especially if the problem is causing a diminished industry stature, reputation and .... money.

Setting and meeting "strategic" goals are certainly ONE important priority of CEOs, but if they don't achieve their tactical (financial) goals, they won't be long as a CEO as the Board will replace them.  So what are the tactical goals that Trump has as part of his agenda?  I'd argue that proposing a Constitutional Amendment for term limits is one (after all, it was the very first item in his 100 day plan).  I'd argue that  "lock her up" is one since it was so prominent in (virtually) all his campaign rallies.  Same with Mexico paying for the wall and naming China a currency manipulator and fixing the VA. Certainly, a conservative SCOTUS judge should be in there too as should "draining the swamp".  I'd put cutting regulations and eliminating the debt within 8 years up there too.  How's his report card on those items?  If you don't like those, what do you think the major, consistent, campaign promises were that he should be judged on? 
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 03:01:21 am by Concerned »
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2017, 12:48:57 am »

*Snort!*
yeah right.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2017, 01:04:05 am »
*Snort!*
yeah right.
And here I thought those not part of the solution were folks you advised, mentored, even, brought around to your way of thinking and got on board. Making enemies of folks who are neutral isn't good policy. Making enemies of those on your side is worse.

It's going to get a mite lonely on that there train if every time someone balks they get tossed off.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 01:05:27 am by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2017, 01:08:27 am »

It's going to get a mite lonely on that there train if every time someone balks they get tossed off.

Well, I surely won't know about it. That train don't come anywhere near by here. And the price of a ticket to ride is more than I want to pay.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2017, 01:23:04 am »
Well, I surely won't know about it. That train don't come anywhere near by here. And the price of a ticket to ride is more than I want to pay.
Nothing out there good enough to sell your soul for.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2017, 01:48:18 am »
Just thinking a minute about the Enron CEO who set and met his strategic goals... I wonder what happened with him?

And to not be sarcastic- the primary function of a CEO is to deliver a return to shareholders. That is only in part setting and meeting strategic goals, but it is also ensuring that the company is fiscally and legally responsible. Just setting and meeting strategic goals are pointless if they don't deliver a return to shareholders and are morally, ethically, or legally corrupt (or non compliant) as those create a long term jeopardy to the company and investors. If the return they deliver is done so in a legal or morally questionable way (see Enron), then they are not being responsible to their shareholders or their company.

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/legal-relationship-between-shareholders-ceos-33637.html

Offline corbe

« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2017, 01:48:30 am »
   This woman, @Right_in_Virginia obviously, has a lot of 'spunk' and she's an old timer here worthy of respect, she has caught some hell here for the last 36 hours, BUT in her defense, she makes a significant contribution here, without her insightful Threads and posts some would be stuck out in the cold for pro Trump news and analysis, cause we won't waste time reading it, we know one of our resident Trumpers will serve it up later.

IT does generate traffic, cause we love to argue debate this stuff.

*But I could be wrong.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2017, 01:56:36 am »
Just thinking a minute about the Enron CEO who set and met his strategic goals... I wonder what happened with him?

And to not be sarcastic- the primary function of a CEO is to deliver a return to shareholders. That is only in part setting and meeting strategic goals, but it is also ensuring that the company is fiscally and legally responsible. Just setting and meeting strategic goals are pointless if they don't deliver a return to shareholders and are morally, ethically, or legally corrupt (or non compliant) as those create a long term jeopardy to the company and investors. If the return they deliver is done so in a legal or morally questionable way (see Enron), then they are not being responsible to their shareholders or their company.

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/legal-relationship-between-shareholders-ceos-33637.html

Exactly right!  Increasing shareholder value is the primary objective of any CEO (as taught, literally on Day 1, of an MBA class) and it embodies a lot more than simply achieving strategic goals.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2017, 02:01:37 am »

Ken Lay died of a heart attack shortly after his conviction.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2017, 02:58:14 am »
   This woman, @Right_in_Virginia obviously, has a lot of 'spunk' and she's an old timer here worthy of respect, she has caught some hell here for the last 36 hours, BUT in her defense, she makes a significant contribution here, without her insightful Threads and posts some would be stuck out in the cold for pro Trump news and analysis, cause we won't waste time reading it, we know one of our resident Trumpers will serve it up later.

IT does generate traffic, cause we love to argue debate this stuff.

*But I could be wrong.

Offline corbe

« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2017, 03:01:59 am »
                              I got time for this.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2017, 03:09:10 am »
                              I got time for this.

Yeah, I know what he likes to do in movie theaters.

Offline corbe

« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2017, 03:12:46 am »
   I thought you would @RoosGirl.   
   Sometimes the Mental Masturbation around here can become just too much for me to take, I'm drinking more, in case you haven't noticed.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2017, 03:15:45 am »
   I thought you would @RoosGirl.   
   Sometimes the Mental Masturbation around here can become just too much for me to take, I'm drinking more, in case you haven't noticed.

Everyone needs a little release now and then.   :whistle:

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2017, 03:21:14 am »
Everyone needs a little release now and then.   :whistle: