Author Topic: Most Voters Welcome Trump’s Outreach to Congressional Democrats  (Read 6292 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Most Voters Welcome Trump’s Outreach to Congressional Democrats
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2017, 04:02:11 am »
I don't think it's that simple @skeeter

Granted, we find ourselves in unchartered waters, but I think the voters made it clear in November that they want change, they want action.  Sorry to say, but the Republican caucus has proven itself the antithesis to both.

Those Republicans and Independents who voted for Trump want his agenda implemented---and they're saying they don't care if it takes Democrat votes to make this happen.

I call bull crap on you and your numbers.  What voters?  I remember cheering for a border wall and American jobs.  So those aren't the ones that voted for Trump.  But those voters have been duped.   
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2017, 04:11:39 am »
Setting and meeting "strategic" goals are certainly ONE important priority of CEOs, ....

Of course @Concerned  But the importance of achieving such goals was the focus and point of my post....not a formal job description of the corporate CEO.

« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2017, 04:12:48 am »
I call bull crap on you and your numbers.  What voters?  I remember cheering for a border wall and American jobs.  So those aren't the ones that voted for Trump.  But those voters have been duped.

Where did I quote numbers @Chosen Daughter ... or have you confused me with someone else?

« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2017, 04:14:22 am »

« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2017, 04:15:39 am »
Enjoy the silence.  :laugh:

But don't get used to it.   88devil

Online corbe

« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2017, 04:17:31 am »
   I tried to tell them earlier that they need to calm down and not discuss masturbation, particularly on one of your Threads @Right_in_Virginia but that @RoosGirl kept bringing it up.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 04:17:48 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2017, 04:17:56 am »

Good.  We agree.

No, we most certainly do not.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2017, 04:19:06 am »
But don't get used to it.   88devil

Soooo much time for BS and no time to answer real questions, even when a poster bends over backward to meet your rigorous wording requirements. 

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #83 on: September 14, 2017, 04:21:24 am »
   I tried to tell them earlier that they need to calm down and not discuss masturbation, particularly on one of your Threads @Right_in_Virginia but that @RoosGirl kept bringing it up.

LOL  Yes, I love discussing masturbation with you @corbe  22222frying pan

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #84 on: September 14, 2017, 04:21:40 am »
Where did I quote numbers @Chosen Daughter ... or have you confused me with someone else?

numbers.............

Despite their failure to advance President Trump’s agenda, congressional Republicans aren’t happy about his outreach to Democrats in the House and Senate, but most voters think it’s a great idea.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 66% of Likely U.S. Voters say it is good for the country if Trump works with congressional Democrats to advance his agenda. Just 13% think the bipartisan cooperation is bad for the country, while 21% are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Only 19% believe the president should continue to rely on congressional Republicans to pass his agenda. That’s down from 29% in early April. Sixty-five percent (65%) now feel he should reach out more to Democrats in Congress for help versus 58% who felt that way five months ago. Sixteen percent (16%) are not sure.

Republicans (72%) are even more enthusiastic about the president working with congressional Democrats than Democrats (62%) and voters not affiliated with either major party (63%) are.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

« Reply #85 on: September 14, 2017, 04:23:30 am »

Hey ... whatever gets her through the night  :shrug:

@corbe

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2017, 04:24:46 am »
....66% of Likely U.S. Voters say it is good for the country if Trump works with congressional Democrats to advance his agenda....

The big problem here is 'his agenda' is becoming the Democrat agenda and not his truthful hyperbole from the campaign. Instead of judging the agenda that is being advanced on its actual merits, it is being judged if Trump supports it or not. The new line of demarcation is based on a person, not principles.

« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2017, 04:24:47 am »
numbers.............

Despite their failure to advance President Trump’s agenda, congressional Republicans aren’t happy about his outreach to Democrats in the House and Senate, but most voters think it’s a great idea.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 66% of Likely U.S. Voters say it is good for the country if Trump works with congressional Democrats to advance his agenda. Just 13% think the bipartisan cooperation is bad for the country, while 21% are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Only 19% believe the president should continue to rely on congressional Republicans to pass his agenda. That’s down from 29% in early April. Sixty-five percent (65%) now feel he should reach out more to Democrats in Congress for help versus 58% who felt that way five months ago. Sixteen percent (16%) are not sure.

Republicans (72%) are even more enthusiastic about the president working with congressional Democrats than Democrats (62%) and voters not affiliated with either major party (63%) are.

They're not MY numbers @RoosGirl   ... they're Rasmussen's.  If you don't like them, go fight with him.   :laugh:

« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 04:25:19 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2017, 04:25:55 am »
They're not MY numbers @RoosGirl   ... they're Rasmussen's.  If you don't like them, go fight with him.   :laugh:

Wrong member

Online corbe

« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2017, 04:28:57 am »
   I have been instructed by Mod8 that I need to up my sleeping pills cause I tend to stay up longer than is beneficial to our happy little Family here.
   I'm touched but hurt also.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #90 on: September 14, 2017, 04:35:18 am »
   I have been instructed by Mod8 that I need to up my sleeping pills cause I tend to stay up longer than is beneficial to our happy little Family here.

Don't forget to mix em real good with alcohol...  :beer:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2017, 04:36:59 am »

All that masturbation and you'd think you wouldn't need the sleeping pills.   :shrug:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #92 on: September 14, 2017, 04:55:34 am »
The big problem here is 'his agenda' is becoming the Democrat agenda and not his truthful hyperbole from the campaign. Instead of judging the agenda that is being advanced on its actual merits, it is being judged if Trump supports it or not. The new line of demarcation is based on a person, not principles.

That is not a new line of demarcation. 

That was present since the primaries when his past liberal Democrat positions and statements in the media were examined with the claims of his "Conservative" bona-fides.

With Trump it has ALWAYS been based on his person and not Conservative principles.

Which is why we reference it as a cult of personality.

Because it is.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #93 on: September 14, 2017, 05:02:02 am »

You aren't the only one who's "touched" on this thread.

Same with "buthurt"
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DB

« Reply #95 on: September 14, 2017, 08:38:44 am »
This is how populism works. It isn't based on principles with long term goals. It blows with the wind. It can contradict itself the next day. Going with the wind is not leadership - but it can make one popular - at least for a little while. But it never works towards the betterment of the country who practices it very long.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #96 on: September 14, 2017, 11:37:19 am »
This is how populism works. It isn't based on principles with long term goals. It blows with the wind. It can contradict itself the next day. Going with the wind is not leadership - but it can make one popular - at least for a little while. But it never works towards the betterment of the country who practices it very long.

Yes, it does.  Sort of like democracy.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #97 on: September 14, 2017, 11:46:32 am »
Of course @Concerned  But the importance of achieving such goals was the focus and point of my post....not a formal job description of the corporate CEO.

And @Right_in_Virginia, as I pointed out, a CEO (or a President) won't be successful, if he/she doesn't accomplish their tactical goals also.  I provided a list of tactical major, consistent, campaign promises from Trump's campaign:  many of which he's failed on or abandoned. 
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2017, 11:48:50 am »
And @Right_in_Virginia, as I pointed out, a CEO (or a President) won't be successful, if he/she doesn't accomplish their tactical goals also.  I provided a list of tactical major, consistent, campaign promises from Trump's campaign:  many of which he's failed on or abandoned.

We're supposed to just ignore those promises and cheer his lurch towards the left.

At least that's what the blind followers of Trump want us to do.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 11:49:59 am by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2017, 01:02:09 pm »

Great.  Thanks. @Concerned