Author Topic: Poll: 76 percent of voters say 'Dreamers' should be allowed to stay  (Read 9369 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Poll: 76 percent of voters say 'Dreamers' should be allowed to stay
By Max Greenwood - 09/05/17 05:28 PM EDT

More than three-quarters of Americans surveyed think that beneficiaries of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival (DACA) program should be allowed to stay in the United States, according to a Morning Consult/Politico poll.

Seventy-six percent of respondents said the government should allow immigrants brought to the U.S. illegally as children to remain. 58 percent of that 76 percent believe they should be able to become citizens if they meet certain requirements, while 18 percent said they should be allowed to become legal residents.

Only 15 percent of respondents said such immigrants — commonly called "Dreamers" — should be deported, the poll found.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced Tuesday that the Trump administration would end DACA, which provided temporary protection from deportation for immigrants who arrived in the U.S. illegally as children.

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/349316-poll-76-percent-of-voters-say-dreamers-should-be-allowed-to
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Poll: 76 percent of voters say 'Dreamers' should be allowed to stay
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 10:25:23 pm »
Since it would enjoy such overwhelming support among the electorate congress should have no problem granting these "children", and of course all of their relatives, permanent legal status immediately.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 11:35:44 pm »
Give'em a fluffy name like that and of course they'll treat them like lost puppies. No, we can't keep them, and if they were here illegally as kids (stealing resources from our schools that could have gone to our kids) that means their parents were here illegally too. Why not send them all back together?!

Instead, the Obama solution was to accept bribes.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 11:41:07 pm »
Give'em a fluffy name like that and of course they'll treat them like lost puppies. No, we can't keep them, and if they were here illegally as kids (stealing resources from our schools that could have gone to our kids) that means their parents were here illegally too. Why not send them all back together?!

Instead, the Obama solution was to accept bribes.

The Globalists sure have gotten alot of mileage out of the "but what about the lil' children" routine. Germany has several million new muslim residents as a consequence.

But we suckers keep falling for it. They take our compassion and they're running us through with it.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 11:56:55 pm »
The Morning Consult/Politico poll was conducted from Aug. 31 through Sept. 3 and surveyed 1,993 registered voters nationwide. Its margin of error is plus or minus two percentage points.

Wow 76% of 1993 voters, well that settles it then! Not!

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 12:54:18 am »
This is supposed to be a nation of laws and it's clear that anyone here illegally has broken the law. It will be a tragedy if this country abandons its laws and is instead governed by polls.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2017, 01:07:55 am »
100% of that 76% don't have a G-damned clue what that is costing them.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2017, 01:51:49 am »

I think that you are right. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Silver Pines

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2017, 02:19:22 am »
Put me in the cold-hearted minority, then.  I'm coming up dry on sympathy.  The blame lies squarely on their parents.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2017, 02:27:12 am »
I'm in the heartless club as well.

It's not as though we are proposing to send them to the gas chambers or Siberia.

We're sending them to a wonderful place, in fact, we're sending them home to Mexico.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2017, 03:00:26 am »
The Morning Consult/Politico poll was conducted from Aug. 31 through Sept. 3 and surveyed 1,993 registered voters nationwide. Its margin of error is plus or minus two percentage points.

You got that all wrong.  It's voters from the year 1993.  They term "dreamer" had an entirely different connotation. 

Offline bilo

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2017, 03:11:51 am »
Since it would enjoy such overwhelming support among the electorate congress should have no problem granting these "children", and of course all of their relatives, permanent legal status immediately.

The Pubs will pass something that gives them amnesty. They will include funding for the border wall, but that will be held up in the courts. In passing the new amnesty the rino's will join with the Rats and the conservatives will not support it. The Pubs will then be stunned to see the election results in 2018 and even more so in 2020 as they lose their majority.

Good riddance to the lot of them. It will just be one more promise that they lied about. For me obamacare was the end. I'm sure for others it will be the lies about immigration.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2017, 03:20:33 am »

That's a pretty good sample.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2017, 03:21:55 am »

You're right.

And conservatives haven't done a good job communicating it.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2017, 06:52:55 am »
The Pubs will pass something that gives them amnesty. They will include funding for the border wall, but that will be held up in the courts. In passing the new amnesty the rino's will join with the Rats and the conservatives will not support it. The Pubs will then be stunned to see the election results in 2018 and even more so in 2020 as they lose their majority.

Good riddance to the lot of them. It will just be one more promise that they lied about. For me obamacare was the end. I'm sure for others it will be the lies about immigration.
The three big issues were the ACA and the Wall and prosecuting the criminals (most notably Hillary). Lining up now for that third strike.....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2017, 12:06:51 pm »
I'm in the heartless club as well.

It's not as though we are proposing to send them to the gas chambers or Siberia.

We're sending them to a wonderful place, in fact, we're sending them home to Mexico.
The thing is this: these children, smuggled and trafficked into the U.S. as children, if they are so immersed in American culture...

If only there were a progressive paradise with a nearly identical culture to ours except outside our borders!

Oh, wait. That does exist. Let's just dump them into Canada! They've got a lot more room for them up there.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2017, 12:28:46 pm »

You sure as hell have no idea.   DACA enrollees are employed and paying taxes. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2017, 12:29:34 pm »

I agree. Congress should pass a clean bill, no pussyfooting.   Trump will sign it. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2017, 12:30:46 pm »

Yeah, let's just vote the Dems into power and be done with it.   *****rollingeyes*****

Silver Pines

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2017, 12:46:39 pm »
You sure as hell have no idea.   DACA enrollees are employed and paying taxes.

@Jazzhead

In other words, they've taken jobs that could have gone to others whose parents didn't illegally bring them here.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2017, 01:01:51 pm »
Yeah, let's just vote the Dems into power and be done with it.   *****rollingeyes*****
I think we already have, they just put a different label on the jar.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline bilo

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2017, 01:59:32 pm »
The three big issues were the ACA and the Wall and prosecuting the criminals (most notably Hillary). Lining up now for that third strike.....

Great summary! I couldn't agree more.

I can't put into words the level of disgust I have for the Pubs. We'll see what the end results will be. Who knows maybe they will surprise us and actually do what they said they would do, but at this point I'm thinking it's a long shot. If they were going to follow through on their campaign promises I think it would have happened by now.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2017, 02:06:21 pm »
Great summary! I couldn't agree more.

I can't put into words the level of disgust I have for the Pubs. We'll see what the end results will be. Who knows maybe they will surprise us and actually do what they said they would do, but at this point I'm thinking it's a long shot. If they were going to follow through on their campaign promises I think it would have happened by now.
The third strike comes in a couple of batters' boxes.

Sure, they're just about three up three down now

In previous games they told us they needed the House. So we gave it to them. Strike one.
They told us they needed the Senate, too. We gave it to them. Strike two.
They told us they needed the White House, or they just couldn't do it. We (the voters, collectively) gave it to them...
Lining up for strike three.

C S Lewis

Offline bilo

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2017, 02:07:16 pm »
@Jazzhead

In other words, they've taken jobs that could have gone to others whose parents didn't illegally bring them here.

You mean like the American citizen dreamers?

Heaven forbid we worry first about our own people. Besides, these are children were talking about not adults that are 15-35 years old. Oh wait a minute, those are the "dreamers".

Next thing you know we will be letting all kinds of highly educated tech workers into the country so they can replace our own citizens at those jobs at half the cost and if they're here on a visa it will be easier for their employer to control them. If they get fired they lose their visa. /sarcasm

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2017, 02:08:07 pm »
@Jazzhead

These aren't illegals working in the underground economy; they are above-board employees who've earned their jobs and their salaries based on merit.   They haven't "taken jobs" that could have gone to others; they've earned them, fair and square.  And they pay taxes - even though they don't qualify for many benefit programs.