Author Topic: Donald Trump 'might refuse to leave the White House when his term ends', expert warns  (Read 8234 times)

Wingnut

And yet, here we are, prolonging it!

Ain't it grand? 

Oceander

Wingnut

Oceander

Tell me about it.

"It" is a two-letter word in the English language and is a third-person singular neuter pronoun. 

Online Polly Ticks

Don't make me separate you two!
 :nono:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline RoosGirl

Oceander

Don't make me separate you two!
 :nono:

You're no fun!

Online Polly Ticks

You're no fun!

Well now that @RoosGirl has completely creeped me out with the horrifying clown picture, I'm sure I'm not!
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Oceander

Well now that @RoosGirl has completely creeped me out with the horrifying clown picture, I'm sure I'm not!

Ooh!  That is creepy.  You're much more fun than that!!!

Offline RoosGirl

That's "It".  The clown.  "It".  @Wingnut asked about him.

Wingnut

Online Polly Ticks

Ooh!  That is creepy.  You're much more fun than that!!!

Flattery will get you everywhere!
 ***blushing***

Online Polly Ticks

That's "It".  The clown.  "It".  @Wingnut asked about him.

Yep.  Good book, but the end was ridiculous.

Wingnut

I can turn a thread on a dime.  I has skills.   

Offline RoosGirl

Yep.  Good book, but the end was ridiculous.

I was *just* thinking about that, how ridiculous the ending was.

Online Polly Ticks

I can turn a thread on a dime.  I has skills.   

@Wingnut
You are a man of many talents!

Wingnut

@Wingnut
You are a man of many talents!

I am that...guy....But...i don't have those socks anymore. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Yeah, quite the contrary.   Destroying the Trump presidency.... or helping/aiding the radical left in doing so.... will only help to further destroy conservatism.  I don't know what they're thinking.... but it sure as hell reeks of "leftist" thought patterns to me.

Not that anything we post here has any real effect on reality but I agree with you.

I don't think any of the hard-core NTers have thought things through, figured out what they want and what it will mean to the country and the party.

Constantly berating Trump is the job of the media and the Hillary-ites and the left over Obama people.

Why should we join them?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Not that anything we post here has any real effect on reality but I agree with you.

I don't think any of the hard-core NTers have thought things through, figured out what they want and what it will mean to the country and the party.

Constantly berating Trump is the job of the media and the Hillary-ites and the left over Obama people.

Why should we join them?
Emjay, if someone here is an NT'er as you folks so quaintly term the belief, consider it is because they are far more Conservative on principle than the POTUS.

Lost? Haven't considered what they want? Hardly. We know exactly what we want.

A return to a Constitutionally constrained Federal Government that performs the Duties delegated to it using the powers granted to it under the Constitution, and very little more. (Which means about 2/3 of it would go back to the States).

Fiscal propriety, Border Control, National Defense (not nation building elsewhere). Enough demands of everything form who bakes what cake to what light bulb to how much your toilet flushes, and whether you can fill in a low spot in your yard.
Now, Mr. Trump made a bunch of nice sounding spiffy promises when he was running for his current position as President, most of which I would like to see fulfilled, some of which I don't particularly care for.

The question arose of how much stock we could put in those promises, and some of us aren't that impressed with progress on those. Some of that lands squarely on Congress' long steps, in all fairness, but if he is the big deal maker, he should be able to make deals with Congress--something I see little evidence of on big issues.
Our positions are not the result of caprice, but the decades long study of our founding documents, history, and original intent.

And once again, we give credit where credit is due--anyone here does, if you are honest enough to admit it. We only berate him when he does stupid things.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Oceander

Why should we join them?

The same, and more, could be said of the Trump-lovers, who clearly didn't think things through when they nominated this incompetent boob.  And the facts are not on their side, either, as Trump merrily continues to demonstrate his essential incompetence.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Emjay, if someone here is an NT'er as you folks so quaintly term the belief, consider it is because they are far more Conservative on principle than the POTUS.

A return to a Constitutionally constrained Federal Government that performs the Duties delegated to it using the powers granted to it under the Constitution, and very little more. (Which means about 2/3 of it would go back to the States).

Fiscal propriety, Border Control, National Defense (not nation building elsewhere). Enough demands of everything form who bakes what cake to what light bulb to how much your toilet flushes, and whether you can fill in a low spot in your yard.
Now, Mr. Trump made a bunch of nice sounding spiffy promises when he was running for his current position as President, most of which I would like to see fulfilled, some of which I don't particularly care for.

The question arose of how much stock we could put in those promises, and some of us aren't that impressed with progress on those. Some of that lands squarely on Congress' long steps, in all fairness, but if he is the big deal maker, he should be able to make deals with Congress--something I see little evidence of on big issues.
Our positions are not the result of caprice, but the decades long study of our founding documents, history, and original intent.

And once again, we give credit where credit is due--anyone here does, if you are honest enough to admit it. We only berate him when he does stupid things.

QFT
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I am that...guy....But...i don't have those socks anymore.
You Sir have crushed me! I always thought you as this guy!

@Cripplecreek

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Okay, I got lost in the horse latitudes.  I agree with what you want to happen in the country and I want to be able to fill the low spot in my yard without government interference.

I'm simply talking about reality here.  And the reality is that Donald Trump is president.  Further reality is he hasn't been as bad as we all thought he would be.

People make fun of the Gorsuch nomination now but it was meaningful.  I don't think Trump could have persuaded this particular congress to do the right thing ... and I don't think Ted Cruz could have done so either.  One trying to bully (maybe) and one trying facts and reason with the same result.

I just don't know what the people who constantly criticize Trump want.

To let off steam?

To somehow get him out of office?  How?  Impeachment would be bad for the party and the country.

For Trump to do better?  I think he tries to do better but he is hampered by a lot of things, including his own flawed personality.

So, what exactly do you want Trump to do??  Be nicer to Congress?  What?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Wingnut

You Sir have crushed me! I always thought you as this guy!

@Cripplecreek

:pondering:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Okay, I got lost in the horse latitudes.  I agree with what you want to happen in the country and I want to be able to fill the low spot in my yard without government interference.

I'm simply talking about reality here.  And the reality is that Donald Trump is president.  Further reality is he hasn't been as bad as we all thought he would be.

People make fun of the Gorsuch nomination now but it was meaningful.  I don't think Trump could have persuaded this particular congress to do the right thing ... and I don't think Ted Cruz could have done so either.  One trying to bully (maybe) and one trying facts and reason with the same result.

I just don't know what the people who constantly criticize Trump want.

To let off steam?

To somehow get him out of office?  How?  Impeachment would be bad for the party and the country.

For Trump to do better?  I think he tries to do better but he is hampered by a lot of things, including his own flawed personality.

So, what exactly do you want Trump to do??  Be nicer to Congress?  What?
No one here is arguing about whether or not he is the President of the United States. (really? sheesh!)
As far as not being as bad as we thought, well, not only is the jury out, but that depends on what you thought.
Insofar as that goes, I have had a couple of happy surprises from the administration, but remain disappointed on the major issues. Some of that requires the cooperation of the GOP Congress, whom we have found out are a pack of liars punctuated by a couple of folks who meant what they said on the campaign stump.

The whole "impeachment" thing is a Liberal shtick, no Conservative is out to run him out of office, regardless of the incontinent prevarication which got him there, or our frequent lack of faith in his other statements as a result of those abundant falsehoods. We don't want him out, we want him to do better. Six months of a hostile media fed a regular diet of tweets? Enough. Time to go to work.

As for what we want him to do (and I can only speak for myself, here):
Fill his cabinet and finish up the appointments he has vacant. and then there is a list, here: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,233460.0.html

Now, those are just a list of things he promised to do, I could probably add a few, but for now, that is plenty.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis