Author Topic: Donald Trump 'might refuse to leave the White House when his term ends', expert warns  (Read 8244 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
That's a fair criticism, thanks for bringing it to my attention. I took a look and decided to make a slight adjustment to it. I depersonalized it while maintaining my intention. Hope that helps.

I expect democrats, leftists and the media (but I repeat myself) to be NeverTrump. That's their prerogative. But, I will continue to believe that within conservative and republican ranks NeverTrump is destructive of our shared agenda and political goals.

My time is short. Later, I'll give my definition of what constitutes NeverTrumpism.
We can compare notes later, for now I would prefer not to derail the thread.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
If antifa lefties and democrats, along with republican NeverTrump, manage to derail Trump's presidency, then the answer to your question will be left to the individual to contemplate in the privacy of their own thoughts.

No, that doesn't work.  The NT's here (and, I realize how dangerous it is to speak for others) don't seem to be trying to restrict your (for instance) speech, and have no control over the selection of the current president at this point.  Derailing the Trump presidency is to a great extent, up to the man himself.  So, they must want something else.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
No, that doesn't work.  The NT's here (and, I realize how dangerous it is to speak for others) don't seem to be trying to restrict your (for instance) speech, and have no control over the selection of the current president at this point.  Derailing the Trump presidency is to a great extent, up to the man himself.  So, they must want something else.

Speaking as a Never Trumper myself, I actually want smaller government, lower taxes, and a return to federalism.

Offline Smokin Joe

Speaking as a Never Trumper myself, I actually want smaller government, lower taxes, and a return to federalism.
Ditto.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Oops, perhaps I wasn't clear, sweetie .... by walking to the light I was simply asking if you're coming up out of mom's basement and into the kitchen.  From your post it sounded like you were ready. 

Exactly the kind of reply one expects to receive from a Leftist festering the halls of the DU or a True Believer who unscrews their head out from inside Trump's ass long enough to vomit out an insult.

It's people like you who ensure that any support we may even reluctantly give your president, is rescinded.  People like you reinforce our contempt for your party and anyone or anything you support.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 05:15:50 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Oceander

:thumbsup:

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
So you're saying that we are the ones who haven't changed sides?

Nope.  I have no qualms with the NTs and respect their sense of conscience.  For me, I am not yet convinced that the Trump administration is worse than a Hillary administration would have been, and until that happens I try to keep my powder dry and criticize Trump when I think he deserves it, but commend him at times when he does something positive.  The only reason I voted for Trump is that I hoped he'd be better than Hillary, so he doesn't have a particularly high bar to clear in my mind.

So far, I have seen more to criticize from the GOP congress than from Trump. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Another difference between the right and left - during the last administration this kind of stuff was found only on WND. With Trump its now the mainstream media.

At least with WND they were reporting on a president who held the Constitution and its strictures in contempt.

Not sure why we are talking about a non-story full of bias and wild speculation.

But, hey.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Smokin Joe

Nope.  I have no qualms with the NTs and respect their sense of conscience.  For me, I am not yet convinced that the Trump administration is worse than a Hillary administration would have been, and until that happens I try to keep my powder dry and criticize Trump when I think he deserves it, but commend him at times when he does something positive.  The only reason I voted for Trump is that I hoped he'd be better than Hillary, so he doesn't have a particularly high bar to clear in my mind.

The GOP  Congress is in a class all by itself.  **nononono*

C S Lewis

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Oh, I thought he was constipated.   :shrug:

Any reference to Ted Cruz still bringing out your classy side.

Offline Smokin Joe

Not sure why we are talking about a non-story full of bias and wild speculation.

But, hey.
It's a nice break from asserting someone is a citizen of another country.

C S Lewis

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
   Please tell me that's not so @INVAR, If us NTer's have lost you we'll never make America Great Again.

Even @INVAR can see that Trump is being unfairly criticized.  That should tell you something.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Any reference to Ted Cruz still bringing out your classy side.

Worried you can't handle the competition? 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
It strikes me that a lot of the stories written by leftists and NeverTrumpers about Trump could easily have come from our side against Obama a few years back.

I think I was at least partially conscious during the Obama years and, while conservatives fought against Obama, the media did not.

There was certainly not the media onslaught and the constant, constant harping of anti-Obama stories.  In fact, the media supported him.  Big difference.

I've been using Yahoo as a search engine and it really hurt them that they had to postpone their usual headline bashing Trump to deal with that pesky little hurricane.

Really, I think we should be concerned.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Smokin Joe

Just FYI:  @aligncare is a troll and that tag line is obviously his latest bait.

Height of irony ... you calling someone a troll.  How are things in the dungeon?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Seems to me that the only ones here wanting to interfere with political choices are those who constantly demand fealty from the rest of us. Even worse, they're demanding that same fealty of rightfully elected representatives and senators or else.

Its none of their damn business who I elect and they have no right to threaten to remove my congressman if he doesn't lick the boots of Orange Glorious. They can go to hell.

Let me set your heart at ease.  I don't want to interfere with your political choices and I think sending people to hell because they disagree with you is a little harsh.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
We can compare notes later, for now I would prefer not to derail the thread.

Nice try, but this thread was derailed about 5 posts down.  Which was appropriate as the original premise was ridiculous.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Worried you can't handle the competition?

Not to worry.  You've got that one in the bag

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

I do have qualms with the NTs and their vaunted sense of conscience.  They are just too dam good and virtuous to give any credit to Trump no matter what he does.

I have qualms because I think they hurt the conservative cause they claim to uphold.  Destroying the Trump presidency will do nothing good for conservatism.

Offline Smokin Joe

Nice try, but this thread was derailed about 5 posts down.  Which was appropriate as the original premise was ridiculous.
Not even close. This popped up on page one:

But even that didn't draw folks away from commenting that they thought the MSM was going even further round the bend. Even @INVAR said he thought that the OP was nuts.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I do have qualms with the NTs and their vaunted sense of conscience.  They are just too dam good and virtuous to give any credit to Trump no matter what he does.

I have qualms because I think they hurt the conservative cause they claim to uphold.  Destroying the Trump presidency will do nothing good for conservatism.

goopo

Offline RoosGirl

I guess since, as you pointed out, even @INVAR is saying this article is nonsense, the true number of NTs here is about 1%.

Oceander

I guess since, as you pointed out, even @INVAR is saying this article is nonsense, the true number of NTs here is about 1%.

:thumbsup:

Offline Smokin Joe

Okay, darlin', that's enough horsesh*t for today. You'll strain yourself shoveling like that.

Are you folks just incapable of reading anything anyone else says good about the man? It is a real disincentive to give him any credit if it is ignored that we do so, yet we persist when he gets things right.

The conservative cause has been hurt by those claiming that man is a Conservative. Nope. He isn't, even if he does some things we all would like to see. And, being Conservatives, we don't hope for the POTUS to fail, because that hurts the whole country.

Now, why don't you just run along and bake yourself a nice road apple pie. Bless your heart, worms and all.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
This expert's expertise lies in watching the Sandinistas? What a joke.