Author Topic: Trump fires back at McConnell  (Read 3533 times)

Offline montanajoe

Re: Trump fires back at McConnell
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2017, 03:24:55 am »
This is rather sweet ..... you think your insult matters to me.   ^-^

Honestly I did not mean to insult you. I'm just stating what to me seem a very obvious fact...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 03:25:27 am by montanajoe »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2017, 03:26:08 am »
I think you like most Trump supporters have become so emotionally so invested in this man that if he fails then it means you have failed.. very much like the battered wife syndrome.

There is no way to counter an emotional response with any rational argument..I can only wish you and others of your mindset luck in pursuing your fantasy.... :shrug: :shrug:

That's right.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2017, 04:18:33 am »
The funny thing is odds look like it is going to be Roy Moore winning this thing. Something I am sure both Trump and McConnell will have a fit over.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2017, 04:31:49 am »
The funny thing is odds look like it is going to be Roy Moore winning this thing. Something I am sure both Trump and McConnell will have a fit over.

Can you imagine what's going to happen in the Senate when Roy Moore joins up with Ted Cruz and Mike Lee?  I can't wait!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2017, 04:33:20 am »

This would be great news, against McConnell's NRSC, this would shake some Trees in the Senate, if they can pull it off.

Hopefully Sen Cruz will come forward and endorse Roy or Mo, if he hasn't already.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2017, 11:59:55 am »
@Right_in_Virginia
It is always about Conservatism. ALWAYS. The only thing that will 'right this ship' are the Principles of Conservatism, PERIOD.

Anything else is merely kabuki theater.
I am surprised that you can't see that.

@roamer_1 she doesn't see it because shebdoesnt actually care about Conservatism or having someone govern as a Conservative.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline bilo

« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2017, 05:11:07 pm »

Looking from  outside the state, what's wrong with Roy Moore, or Mo Brooks?
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2017, 05:14:27 pm »

I'm not in the state either but from my perspective there is nothing wrong with either.  Mitch has no use for conservatives however.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2017, 05:17:58 pm »

They aren't in Mitch McConnell's back pocket.  Mitch backed the candidate that will support him in DC...and now Donald has endorsed the candidate that supports Mitch.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #84 on: August 10, 2017, 05:18:13 pm »

Moore and Brooks are conservatives.  McConnell hates conservatives, and has boasted of destroying them (and TEA Party) many times.  It is apparent Trump shares those feelings about the AL race.  A lot of Trump folks agree about conservatives, as can be verified by scanning up and down some of the threads about Trump.  They readily admit it:  "conservatives are losers."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #85 on: August 10, 2017, 06:09:38 pm »
Moore and Brooks are conservatives.  McConnell hates conservatives, and has boasted of destroying them (and TEA Party) many times.  It is apparent Trump shares those feelings about the AL race.  A lot of Trump folks agree about conservatives, as can be verified by scanning up and down some of the threads about Trump.  They readily admit it:  "conservatives are losers."

Yes.

RIV more than once made that assertion, and she may be correct.

True Conservatives are become a minority and loathed and hated by both the Uniparty Oligarchy and Trump's Populists - whom have appropriated the term 'Conservative' to apply to themselves.

Originalists and Constitutional Christian Conservatives have been told to shut up, support them and Trump or get out.

Coupled with the relentless war on Conservatism by the media and both party's leadership - the idea of limited government, personal liberty and principled values has no home in either party.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #86 on: August 10, 2017, 06:11:57 pm »

Coupled with the relentless war on Conservatism by the media and both party's leadership - the idea of limited government, personal liberty and principled values has no home in either party.

So what do we do? Just drop out and give up on the System?  Because I am right about at that point.  Perhaps there just aren't enough of us in the electorate to make a difference.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #87 on: August 10, 2017, 06:42:42 pm »
So what do we do? Just drop out and give up on the System?  Because I am right about at that point.  Perhaps there just aren't enough of us in the electorate to make a difference.

No, there are not enough of us in the electorate to make a difference.  Not any more.  A debased people want big government and restricted liberties as long as they get handouts and subsidy.

The problem has been too many people putting all their faith and hope into politicians and the political system to begin with.

What to do? 

Same as I do an Apostate church.  They are no longer worth the time or fellowship, because either you will get removed or become corrupted yourself.

Go elsewhere to serve the principles and core you are governed by and beholden to.  Only a moral and virtuous people are capable of liberty.  As society becomes more corrupt and vicious, it will demand bigger and greater government masters to keep order.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 06:43:18 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #88 on: August 10, 2017, 07:31:17 pm »
   This would be great news, against McConnell's NRSC, this would shake some Trees in the Senate, if they can pull it off.

Hopefully Sen Cruz will come forward and endorse Roy or Mo, if he hasn't already.

Yeah.  I looked and couldn't find any mention of Sen Cruz's support in this race.  He needs to step up because he has no reason to fear McConnell, who will hate him till the day one of them dies (Hopefully, not Cruz) ... because Cruz told the truth about him when he called him a liar.

And, I see no reason for Cruz to cater to Trump on this.

Of course, Cruz has his own battle to the death going on with some flake from El Paso who couldn't even handle being mayor.  That will be a battle royal.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #89 on: August 10, 2017, 07:40:27 pm »
Yeah.  I looked and couldn't find any mention of Sen Cruz's support in this race.  He needs to step up because he has no reason to fear McConnell, who will hate him till the day one of them dies (Hopefully, not Cruz) ... because Cruz told the truth about him when he called him a liar.

And, I see no reason for Cruz to cater to Trump on this.

Of course, Cruz has his own battle to the death going on with some flake from El Paso who couldn't even handle being mayor.  That will be a battle royal.

I hope you're being sarcastic....Cruz will crush him like a bug.

Online corbe

« Reply #90 on: August 10, 2017, 07:48:27 pm »
   Good points all, @Emjay
   Fear not, Cruz will quickly dispatch any foe for his Senate seat in Texas,  I'm one of those that believe Texas isn't purple, yet!  His support here is very strong and he's got the bucks.
   If the President decides McConnell and Ryan are a lost cause (which most of us have already ascertained) and he starts tacking Left and working with Schumer and Pelosi, all bets are off, IMHO
   Hopefully Cruz will bolt the GOP and start the long, arduous journey of 3rd party building.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #91 on: August 10, 2017, 07:56:21 pm »
I hope you're being sarcastic....Cruz will crush him like a bug.

Of course.  This is some no name little jerk who was mayor for 37 days and had to quit for reasons I don't know and suddenly decided he would make a good senator.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #92 on: August 10, 2017, 07:58:06 pm »
Of course.  This is some no name little jerk who was mayor for 37 days and had to quit for reasons I don't know and suddenly decided he would make a good senator.

I think you may e referring to the squirt from Corpus Christi who's trying to run a Primary challenge.  Don't know about the squirt from El Paso.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #93 on: August 10, 2017, 08:00:20 pm »
   Good points all, @Emjay
   Fear not, Cruz will quickly dispatch any foe for his Senate seat in Texas,  I'm one of those that believe Texas isn't purple, yet!  His support here is very strong and he's got the bucks.
   If the President decides McConnell and Ryan are a lost cause (which most of us have already ascertained) and he starts tacking Left and working with Schumer and Pelosi, all bets are off, IMHO
   Hopefully Cruz will bolt the GOP and start the long, arduous journey of 3rd party building.

Oh, yeah, I was kidding about the little hump from El Paso.

I cannot pretend to fathom what's going on with Trump's mind.  Nobody knows.  Not sure he knows.

But you and I disagree about the 3rd party thing.

If we could just get a few more conservatives in Congress, that would be a quicker and more reliable way to get the country back.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #94 on: August 10, 2017, 08:02:09 pm »
I think you may e referring to the squirt from Corpus Christi who's trying to run a Primary challenge.  Don't know about the squirt from El Paso.

Hahaha.  As I told my niece when she was here, 'don't listen to anything I say... I'm always wrong.'  I said that when I was trying to give her directions.

No, got mixed up about El Paso, which is not really in Texas but is a country unto itself.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #95 on: August 10, 2017, 08:09:46 pm »
Hahaha.  As I told my niece when she was here, 'don't listen to anything I say... I'm always wrong.'  I said that when I was trying to give her directions.

No, got mixed up about El Paso, which is not really in Texas but is a country unto itself.

El Paso is Juarez Norte.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #96 on: August 10, 2017, 08:24:29 pm »

Our absence will be noticed when we "go Galt", I.e. not blindly voting for the GOP. The margins are so thin now, any drop in turnout for either side will be harmful.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online corbe

« Reply #97 on: August 10, 2017, 08:25:53 pm »
   Fun Fact:   El Paso is closer to LA than it is to Houston.

Oops, LA is 747 miles, Houston is 802 from El Paso.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 08:28:48 pm by corbe »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #98 on: August 10, 2017, 08:33:26 pm »

A drive either way will get you a few rounds of "A Hundred Bottles of Beer on the Wall."  Just sayin', don't ask me how I know.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #99 on: August 10, 2017, 08:40:23 pm »

So, for once you didn't need the oops???