Author Topic: Trump fires back at McConnell  (Read 3534 times)

Offline corbe

Trump fires back at McConnell
« on: August 09, 2017, 07:13:44 pm »
Trump fires back at McConnell

By Jordan Fabian - 08/09/17 02:31 PM EDT

President Trump on Wednesday fired back at Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell after the Kentucky Republican vented his frustrations about the president’s "excessive expectations” for his agenda.

“Senator Mitch McConnell said I had ‘excessive expectations,’ but I don't think so. After 7 years of hearing Repeal & Replace, why not done?” Trump tweeted from his New Jersey golf course, where he is on vacation.
Donald J. Trump
 ✔  ‎@realDonaldTrump 

Senator Mitch McConnell said I had "excessive expectations," but I don't think so. After 7 years of hearing Repeal & Replace, why not done?

1:14 PM - Aug 9, 2017

It’s remarkable for a president to criticize a congressional leader from his own party, and Trump’s comment is a sign of the growing intraparty rift between the White House and Capitol Hill.

McConnell earlier this week criticized Trump's "artificial deadlines" during the healthcare debate.

“Now our new president has of course not been in this line of work before. And I think had excessive expectations about how quickly things happen in the democratic process,” McConnell said.

Trump’s tweet comes weeks after the Senate failed to pass legislation repealing ObamaCare. During the process, Trump and his GOP allies often were not on the same page.

If the finger pointing continues, it could endanger the president’s effort to pass a major overhaul of the tax code by year’s end.

The squabbling could also shadow two must-pass votes when Congress returns to Washington in September: a government-funding bill and a measure to extend the Treasury Department’s borrowing authority.

Frustration with Congress has spread among Trump and his allies ever since the late July failure on healthcare.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/345926-trump-fires-back-at-mcconnell
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Trump fires back at McConnell
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 07:15:20 pm »
Right on Mr. President! With 6+years at least to plan for it why not done indeed!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline corbe

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 07:16:07 pm »
  What is a turtles natural predator, in the wild?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 07:33:23 pm »

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 07:35:47 pm »
Right on Mr. President! With 6+years at least to plan for it why not done indeed!

Because McConnell doesn't want it done.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 08:03:49 pm »
It's an act...more kabuki theater from Donny and The Turtle.

Trump Backs McConnell Candidate In Alabama

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/09/trump-backs-mcconnell-candidate-in-alabama/

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 08:14:43 pm »
It's an act...more kabuki theater from Donny and The Turtle.

Trump Backs McConnell Candidate In Alabama

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/09/trump-backs-mcconnell-candidate-in-alabama/

And I fully trust that the good people of Alabama will fully ignore that advice!  THEY know the candidates. Trump does not!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2017, 08:22:07 pm »
Perhaps they should talk to each other.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2017, 08:24:29 pm »
Now this is a good use of twitter. Now it's time for a follow up meeting to apply some pressure.
The Republic is lost.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2017, 08:36:34 pm »

When my son was growing up it was this.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2017, 08:42:49 pm »
And I fully trust that the good people of Alabama will fully ignore that advice!  THEY know the candidates. Trump does not!

The problem is Mitch McConnell is employing his Mafioso techniques in this race the same way he did in Kentucky and Mississippi.

He's threatening any consultant or agency that does business with anyone but "his guy" with never working with the GOP again.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2017, 08:46:41 pm »
Because McConnell doesn't want it done.

Additionally, he doesn't want people to find that out, either. 

"Our new president hasn't been in this line of work before..."  (SPIT!)  Damned right, Turtle, have you so much as slapped two synapses together to try to imagine why that is?  Any idea, at all, why this guy just came out of nowhere and bitch-slapped the whole lot of you?

It's because you haven't been doing your jobs, Nimrod.  The voters are sick of you and your "line of work."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2017, 10:16:51 pm »
Additionally, he doesn't want people to find that out, either. 

"Our new president hasn't been in this line of work before..."  (SPIT!)  Damned right, Turtle, have you so much as slapped two synapses together to try to imagine why that is?  Any idea, at all, why this guy just came out of nowhere and bitch-slapped the whole lot of you?

It's because you haven't been doing your jobs, Nimrod.  The voters are sick of you and your "line of work."

Dayum right!  What you said!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2017, 10:44:01 pm »
Certainly there is a lot to criticize Trump for.   But if it's Trump vs McConnell, I'm firmly on Trump's side.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2017, 10:52:50 pm »
Certainly there is a lot to criticize Trump for.   But if it's Trump vs McConnell, I'm firmly on Trump's side.

Hail Yeah.  If I ever get confused, I just have to recall McCain is on Turtle's side.  Clears that chit right up, like a tube of Clearasil.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2017, 11:14:40 pm »
I'm no fan of the President, but he's absolutely right on this one.    How the Republicans can have talked about repeal and replace for 7 years yet have not plan whatsoever is absolutely mind numbing. 
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2017, 11:25:29 pm »
I'm no fan of the President, but he's absolutely right on this one.    How the Republicans can have talked about repeal and replace for 7 years yet have not plan whatsoever is absolutely mind numbing.

McConnell and Ryan are in the position of a dog chasing a car after catching it.  They have no idea what to do with it now.  It's not so mind numbing.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2017, 12:16:56 am »
McConnell and Ryan are in the position of a dog chasing a car after catching it.  They have no idea what to do with it now.  It's not so mind numbing.

It's mind numbing to me (but I'm probably not as bright as you are). 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2017, 12:18:51 am »

No, I'm just a wise guy stuck in McCain's district.  I'm no brighter than you are, trust me on this.
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2017, 12:24:00 am »

Th first thing you need to understand is that very few members of Congress actually work for the people who elect them.  The instead work for the special intrests with deep pockets who provide them with lots of campaign cash an inside information that allows them to cash in personally in a multitude of ways.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2017, 12:29:41 am »
Th first thing you need to understand is that very few members of Congress actually work for the people who elect them.  The instead work for the special intrests with deep pockets who provide them with lots of campaign cash an inside information that allows them to cash in personally in a multitude of ways.

Exactly right.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Concerned

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2017, 12:31:06 am »

If your argument is that this is all calculated by the Republicans (to get campaign cash), I don't believe it for a minute.  I believe there will be consequences of not repealing and replacing ObamaCare at the election booth in 2018.  Time will tell.

Of course, what I think we need is someone who runs on pushing for term limits within the first 100 days of being in office and who will use the bully pulpit of the Presidency to try and make it happen.   :facepalm2:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2017, 12:36:31 am »
If your argument is that this is all calculated by the Republicans (to get campaign cash), I don't believe it for a minute.  I believe there will be consequences of not repealing and replacing ObamaCare at the election booth in 2018.  Time will tell.

Of course, what I think we need is someone who runs on pushing for term limits within the first 100 days of being in office and who will use the bully pulpit of the Presidency to try and make it happen.   :facepalm2:

That isn't exactly what I  mean.  What I am saying is that it doesn't really matter what you and I  think about Obamacare or anything else.  All that matters is what their benefactors want and also what increases their power to increase opportunities for them to cash in.  Nevermind what it costs the rest of us.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Concerned

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2017, 12:40:08 am »
That isn't exactly what I  mean.  What I am saying is that it doesn't really matter what you and I  think about Obamacare or anything else.  All that matters is what their benefactors want and also what increases their power to increase opportunities for them to cash in.  Nevermind what it costs the rest of us.

If their plan is to cash in after they're elected out of office for failing to repeal and replace ObamaCare as they've promised for the past 7 years, the plan is working perfectly IMO.   :whistle:
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 12:40:47 am by Concerned »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2017, 12:46:03 am »

Congresscritters don't give a rat's ass about campaign contributions, that only goes to fund the elections and advertising budgets.  They care about the legal graft...legal because they make it legal for them.  Insider trading laws, for example, that they exempt themselves from.  Don't be a dope, how do you think they go from a few thousand in the bank to millionaires in  few short years?

Graft.
I will NOT comply.