Author Topic: Trump fires back at McConnell  (Read 3535 times)

Offline Concerned

Re: Trump fires back at McConnell
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2017, 12:50:19 am »
Congresscritters don't give a rat's ass about campaign contributions, that only goes to fund the elections and advertising budgets.  They care about the legal graft...legal because they make it legal for them.  Insider trading laws, for example, that they exempt themselves from.  Don't be a dope, how do you think they go from a few thousand in the bank to millionaires in  few short years?

Graft.

Sorry, I guess I'm just a dope because I was simply responding to this reply (emphasis added):

The instead work for the special intrests with deep pockets who provide them with lots of campaign cash an inside information that allows them to cash in personally in a multitude of ways.

I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2017, 12:52:09 am »
If their plan is to cash in after they're elected out of office for failing to repeal and replace ObamaCare as they've promised for the past 7 years, the plan is working perfectly IMO.   :whistle:

When you and I unelect them they simply move over a few blocks to K Street and  corrupt those you replaced them with.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 12:52:44 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline corbe

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2017, 12:53:16 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2017, 12:55:12 am »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2017, 12:55:15 am »
Congresscritters don't give a rat's ass about campaign contributions, that only goes to fund the elections and advertising budgets.  They care about the legal graft...legal because they make it legal for them.  Insider trading laws, for example, that they exempt themselves from.  Don't be a dope, how do you think they go from a few thousand in the bank to millionaires in  few short years?

Graft.

Until they start to be held accountable, and I mean indictments and convictions, not a dang thing will change. Voting in new members doesn't change anythng no matter their campaign promises.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2017, 12:57:10 am »
Sorry, I guess I'm just a dope because I was simply responding to this reply (emphasis added):

Naw, you're fine.  I was being dopish when I wrote that.  If I thought you might think I was calling you a dope I would never have written that.  You know.  You're not stupid.  Sorry I implied otherwise.  Ask @corbe, sometimes I'm just a bit of a pr*ck.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2017, 12:58:26 am »
Until they start to be held accountable, and I mean indictments and convictions, not a dang thing will change. Voting in new members doesn't change anythng no matter their campaign promises.

New members are politely informed that they can do pretty much whatever they like on matters that only effect their districts but if they try to buck the system too much otherwise  their careers will be short lived!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 12:59:11 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2017, 12:59:05 am »

It would be nice if those shits would just be held to the same standards as the rest off us once in a while.  Just for a little bit.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2017, 01:01:19 am »
When you and I unelect them they simply move over a few blocks to K Street and  corrupt those you replaced them with.

lol so true
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Concerned

« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2017, 01:02:24 am »
Naw, you're fine.  I was being dopish when I wrote that.  If I thought you might think I was calling you a dope I would never have written that.  You know.  You're not stupid.  Sorry I implied otherwise.  Ask @corbe, sometimes I'm just a bit of a pr*ck.

:thumbsup:  I'll admit I'm a bit frustrated with the state of disagreement in today's politics.  I believe it's still possible to have intelligent dialogue yet still disagree on certain points without name calling, personal attacks, and being "a bit of a pr*ck".  I'm going to continue to try and push the agenda.  Have a good evening!
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2017, 01:02:31 am »
Right on Mr. President! With 6+years at least to plan for it why not done indeed!

I agree.  As we say on the playground, McConnell started it.  Those 'excessive expectations' were used by every Republican candidate to lure people into voting for them.  And now, he's dogging it and blaming it on Trump's inexperience.

McConnell's a total jerk
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2017, 01:05:36 am »
I agree.  As we say on the playground, McConnell started it.  Those 'excessive expectations' were used by every Republican candidate to lure people into voting for them.  And now, he's dogging it and blaming it on Trump's inexperience.

McConnell's a total jerk

He is a throughly corrupt swamp creature. He loves his swamp and will defend it for as long as possible.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2017, 01:06:00 am »
It's an act...more kabuki theater from Donny and The Turtle.

Trump Backs McConnell Candidate In Alabama

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/09/trump-backs-mcconnell-candidate-in-alabama/

McConnell's opposition candidate is bewildered as well.  As am I.  Why would Trump side with McConnell on anything.

I don't believe in this kabuki theater theory but ...

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2017, 01:06:04 am »

McConnell's a total jerk

Exactly.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2017, 01:07:52 am »
Hail Yeah.  If I ever get confused, I just have to recall McCain is on Turtle's side.  Clears that chit right up, like a tube of Clearasil.

That's the main reason I defend Trump around here.  His enemies on both sides of the aisle are far more despicable.

Offline corbe

« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2017, 01:09:07 am »

I know what you did there and you're not as good as @DCPatriot @Cyber Liberty if you keep it up I will report you.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2017, 01:11:57 am »
    I know what you did there and you're not as good as @DCPatriot @Cyber Liberty if you keep it up I will report you.

Just can't resist tryin' to start trouble, can you?

Okay, I get it.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2017, 01:12:26 am »
:thumbsup:  I'll admit I'm a bit frustrated with the state of disagreement in today's politics.  I believe it's still possible to have intelligent dialogue yet still disagree on certain points without name calling, personal attacks, and being "a bit of a pr*ck".  I'm going to continue to try and push the agenda.  Have a good evening!

That has always been the goal here at TBR...maybe someday we will all achieve it...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline corbe

« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2017, 01:13:47 am »
   Don't push me @Emjay or I'll put you on my IGNORE list with all those other Trumpers.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2017, 01:16:10 am »
That has always been the goal here at TBR...maybe someday we will all achieve it...

Not me. I'm not even going to try. I've been a MAC all my life.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2017, 01:18:42 am »

I thought we all did a pretty good job on the thread earlier today about Trump having his own news channel on FB.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2017, 01:20:37 am »
I thought we all did a pretty good job on the thread earlier today about Trump having his own news channel on FB.

I'll second that!   :beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2017, 01:24:12 am »
Good gosh, why in the world would a Republican president expect a Republican majority congress to move forward on anything?!  McConnell can eat it.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2017, 01:32:28 am »
   Don't push me @Emjay or I'll put you on my IGNORE list with all those other Trumpers.

No, you won't. 

I was forced to add someone else to my ignore list ... the person was so doom and gloom, he had me reciting Yeats.  I'll let him up later.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2017, 01:37:06 am »

:terror:
I will NOT comply.