Author Topic: GOP Senator Tom Cotton Blasts The Idea Americans Won't Work Certain Jobs  (Read 3259 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: GOP Senator Tom Cotton Blasts The Idea Americans Won't Work Certain Jobs
« Reply #75 on: August 06, 2017, 12:46:53 am »
Agree.  But they should not be eligible for state benefits.  If I could go without health insurance for years they can go without too until they get benefits from employer.  If an employer is not required to insure tuff luck.  Pay for it yourself like the rest of us do.  If we leveled the scales so that they had to provide for themselves like Americans they wouldn't come.

I thought it was mainly their children that get benefits?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #76 on: August 06, 2017, 12:49:24 am »
Agree.  But they should not be eligible for state benefits.  If I could go without health insurance for years they can go without too until they get benefits from employer.  If an employer is not required to insure tuff luck.  Pay for it yourself like the rest of us do.  If we leveled the scales so that they had to provide for themselves like Americans they wouldn't come.

We used to employ illegals in those 'jobs Americans won't do' via the Bracero program. Come, do the work, collect your salary and go home when you're supposed to.

And don't tell me it can't be done. If hands to do the job are all that are required. But illegals are used by the state for so much more now.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 12:50:49 am by skeeter »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #78 on: August 06, 2017, 01:09:44 am »
http://www.fairus.org/news/washington-taxpayers-foot-2-7-billion-annual-bill-for-illegal-immigration

And I think this was 2012.  Much higher now.

Says households meaning I'm right. Illegals getting federal welfare was made illegal in the 90s

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #79 on: August 06, 2017, 01:10:02 am »
We used to employ illegals in those 'jobs Americans won't do' via the Bracero program. Come, do the work, collect your salary and go home when you're supposed to.

And don't tell me it can't be done. If hands to do the job are all that are required. But illegals are used by the state for so much more now.

Intended for farm workers?  You are right they have taken over Construction and manufacturing.  And even business jobs now.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2017, 01:31:15 am »
Intended for farm workers?  You are right they have taken over Construction and manufacturing.  And even business jobs now.

I think the program could be expanded to cover other really nasty work, like roofing in the Southwest. As log as there are stringent enough requirements for employers to qualify.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #81 on: August 06, 2017, 01:31:42 am »
Tom Cotton

http://www.ontheissues.org/House/Tom_Cotton.htm

I like him.  Can I pray he will run for President?