Author Topic: Trump: Why is Clinton not investigated but I am?  (Read 26601 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Trump: Why is Clinton not investigated but I am?
« Reply #425 on: June 18, 2017, 09:29:33 pm »
Then he would have turned it around.
For you, dear, he would have rotated it 90 degrees.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #426 on: June 18, 2017, 09:31:01 pm »
I'm just getting tired of insults, personal or general.  We can do better.  I support @mystery-ak's sentiment all the way.
Jus' shakin' dat bush boss!

Seriously, just read down this far. OK.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #427 on: June 18, 2017, 09:31:03 pm »
If you were conservative and did not vote Trump you effectively voted for Hillary.

Using your logic, we voted for Trump since we did not vote for Hillary, so knock it off @jpsb with accusing us of voting for her. @mystery-ak
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 09:31:50 pm by goodwithagun »
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #428 on: June 18, 2017, 09:36:46 pm »
Care to cite the expletives? A link to the posts will do. Go on, I can even wait until you are done hyperventilating.
I don't hate Trump, but It is obvious you possess other delusional beliefs, so you might as well think that, too. It won't add much to that catalogue.

We are not out to destroy Trump, and I bet you even knew that, but your desperation to keep from admitting he might be a few miracles short of perfect sure has you attacking any who criticize him, even over things we predicted would happen back during the elections.

Really. His past bespoke what our expectations were, not his promises, and he has not disappointed, at least in that regard. He who expects little is seldom disappointed. 

We just want him to do his job with some semblance of consistency, and to quit backpedaling on the promises he claimed as his signature shtick.

(Wall. Prosecute Hillary. Stop the flow of "refugees". Repeal Obamacare. etc.)

I didn't expect much of Trump.  I was not for him.  I was happy he won even though we're not allowed to cite the alternative (begins with H).

He has been much better than I expected and I support his efforts to keep his campaign promises even though he has been slowed and thwarted by judges and Congress.

Your post was ridiculous and contained no truth.  However, in deference to the Mods, I will let it slide.

My SIL thinks I'm obsessed with palm fronds.  The point is ... if you let them pile up, you end up calling the gardeners.  So I'm trying to put them in the trash before they pile up.  They are not leafs that you can rake.  They are long, (6 or 7 foot) tough, fronds and I had to get the big cutters to cut them in to manageable lengths that I could put in the trash.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #429 on: June 18, 2017, 09:37:26 pm »
I'm temporarily locking this thread until @mystery-ak and the other mods decide what to do with it.

Offline Mod2

« Reply #430 on: June 18, 2017, 11:04:39 pm »
I'm going to unlock this thread now, with a reminder:  The topic of this thread is the relative merits of the Clinton capers vs the Trump capers.  It is NOT a topic where people discuss the argumentation styles of each other.  I'll be watching.

@Machiavelli, if it goes off the rails again and I miss it, please feel free to lock it again, for good.

Thank you all,
M2
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 11:05:23 pm by Mod2 »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #431 on: June 18, 2017, 11:10:12 pm »
I didn't expect much of Trump.  I was not for him.  I was happy he won even though we're not allowed to cite the alternative (begins with H).

He has been much better than I expected and I support his efforts to keep his campaign promises even though he has been slowed and thwarted by judges and Congress.

Your post was ridiculous and contained no truth.  However, in deference to the Mods, I will let it slide.

My SIL thinks I'm obsessed with palm fronds.  The point is ... if you let them pile up, you end up calling the gardeners.  So I'm trying to put them in the trash before they pile up.  They are not leafs that you can rake.  They are long, (6 or 7 foot) tough, fronds and I had to get the big cutters to cut them in to manageable lengths that I could put in the trash.
In deference to the mods I will let your response speak for itself, but you are right, his signature promises aren't (Wall. Prosecute Hillary. Stop the flow of "refugees". Repeal Obamacare.). :silly:
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 11:11:06 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline endicom

« Reply #432 on: June 18, 2017, 11:17:38 pm »
Capparis spinosa.

Offline corbe

« Reply #433 on: June 18, 2017, 11:29:31 pm »
   Please Enlighten me @endicom I'm curious.  What, pray tell, does this flower have to do with Trump or Hillary and an endless investigation?

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #434 on: June 18, 2017, 11:36:08 pm »
Invar: Now... what do you intend to do about it?

:silly:

« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 11:36:58 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline endicom

« Reply #435 on: June 18, 2017, 11:40:23 pm »
   Please Enlighten me @endicom I'm curious.  What, pray tell, does this flower have to do with Trump or Hillary and an endless investigation?

@Mod2 said this thread is about capers.

Offline corbe

« Reply #436 on: June 18, 2017, 11:41:47 pm »
   OK, Thanks @endicom it makes sense to me NOW!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #437 on: June 19, 2017, 01:21:11 am »
President Trump is undoubtedly correct and justified in his questioning.  Hoping that his questions will be seen as justified by the liberal left is a pipe dream.  After all, they have been brainwashed for years and Clinton has already made the case the it was Trump's collusion with the Russians that cost her the election.  The polls (for what they're worth) show that his approval rating is just a little over 30%; not really indicative of Trump being able to make a case for anything.
Because we know the pollsters wouldn't ever tweak a poll by wording the questions just so, or lumping different discontents in the same box (not enough to repeal ACA and too much to get rid of ACA all under "dissatisfied over performance on ACA", for instance).
For that matter, it would not be unusual for them to pick a demographic that was biased, either.

If he's going to be a real outsider, he needs to do what he got elected to do and let the pollsters count on their toes, for all he cares.

C S Lewis

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #438 on: June 19, 2017, 01:36:52 am »

The dem plant has been found obviously. :tongue2:

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #439 on: June 19, 2017, 02:53:57 pm »
I'm going to unlock this thread now, with a reminder:  The topic of this thread is the relative merits of the Clinton capers vs the Trump capers.  It is NOT a topic where people discuss the argumentation styles of each other.  I'll be watching.

@Machiavelli, if it goes off the rails again and I miss it, please feel free to lock it again, for good.

Thank you all,
M2

@Mod2 Thanks. I'm not into heavy-handed moderation.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #440 on: June 19, 2017, 04:07:49 pm »
@austingirl

People that live in the real world and not some fantasy land realized that either Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump would become president of the United States. If you were liberal and did not vote Clinton you effectively voted for Trump. If you were conservative and did not vote Trump you effectively voted for Hillary. Thankfully enough people voted Trump and gave this nation one last chance.

The ruling class knows what the stakes are, which is why they are trying so hard to take down Trump. Trump wants to put America and the American people first. The ruling class wishes to enhance it power and it wealth to the detriment of the shrinking American middle class.

There is a slow moving coup d'état taking place in D.C. Our constitutional form of government is being overthrow by the elites.  It sickens me that the NeverTrumpers are fine with seeing an ruling oligarchy imposed on us. As long as they get to said "I told you so" they're fine with losing their ability to govern themselves.  As long as they get to said "I told you so" they are fine with their children and grand children becoming serfs.

NeverTrumpers enable the progressive left, making them worse than the progressive left. Either that or they are dumber than a box of rocks. 

Everyone needs to write DC and tell them to stop the attacks (Russiagate) on President Trump! Contact MSM and tell them to go F themselves.  We are in a war with the progressive left. Like it or not Trump is our president and we can not allow the progressive left to remove him from office.

Allow that and this republic is finished. NeverTrumpers have a choice, they can sit on their hands and watch the Marxist globalists take control of the nation or they rally to the defense of President Trump. I'm pretty sure most will be happy to say "I told you so", thus a self full filled prophecy.

Excellent post! I agree.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #441 on: June 19, 2017, 04:20:51 pm »
Haven't heard from Hiltery this weekend- I guess she took some time off from the excuses tour. I wish DOJ had the will to investigate her, a known felon.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #442 on: June 19, 2017, 05:01:04 pm »
Haven't heard from Hiltery this weekend- I guess she took some time off from the excuses tour. I wish DOJ had the will to investigate her, a known felon.

Well the person who has the power to make the investigation happen has said "She's suffered enough".  :shrug:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline austingirl

« Reply #443 on: June 19, 2017, 05:22:32 pm »
@txradioguy
Does the AG have to consult POTUS before opening an investigation?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #444 on: June 19, 2017, 05:28:37 pm »
@txradioguy
Does the AG have to consult POTUS before opening an investigation?

At that level yes.

But you are turning it around.

The President can order his AG and the DoJ to initiate the investigation. He doesn't need advice or consent from the AG.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #445 on: June 19, 2017, 07:12:04 pm »
At that level yes.

The President can order his AG and the DoJ to initiate the investigation. He doesn't need advice or consent from the AG.

Thank you for pointing this out, again!  It seems to have gotten lost in all the nonsense back and forth.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #446 on: June 19, 2017, 10:02:09 pm »
At that level yes.

A headline from a quick internet search "Jeff Sessions may order independent investigation of Barack Obama’s Department of Justice." So, did Sessions receive direction from POTUS? Are you saying that the DOJ can not start on an investigation on their own? Can you cite the law that POTUS must order investigations? Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 10:03:10 pm by austingirl »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #447 on: June 19, 2017, 10:44:06 pm »
At that level yes.

Somebody needs to go back and read the title of this thread .... does that sound like a person saying "Hillary's been punished enough."   No, the one time Trump played nice guy and everyone hates him for it.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #448 on: June 19, 2017, 11:19:23 pm »
Somebody needs to go back and read the title of this thread .... does that sound like a person saying "Hillary's been punished enough."   No, the one time Trump played nice guy and everyone hates him for it.

They hate him for it because he promised he'd do something about her violations of the law.

Trump tossed out nothing but red meat to the people that voted for him with Crooked Hillary this and Crooked Hillary that and how he was going to investigate her and toss her in jail.

Then as soon as he wins he's back to being the smiling guy with her that we saw in the pics of Trumps wedding.

He lied to people on that and other things to get their vote now he's laughing at all the sukers.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #449 on: June 19, 2017, 11:56:20 pm »

It sounds like he's whining about something that he can at least start the ball rolling on himself.