Author Topic: Trump: Why is Clinton not investigated but I am?  (Read 26875 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Trump: Why is Clinton not investigated but I am?
« Reply #325 on: June 17, 2017, 04:25:23 am »
Now it seems there's a breed of conservative that does the same thing. 

I don't think you are wrong about that at all. Though I would question the idea that they are conservatives... The ends justifying the means is not a Conservative method.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #326 on: June 17, 2017, 04:27:03 am »
Sure you can.

If the words reflect and express hatred...well...there you are. No mind reading necessary, just basic reading comprehension.

Sure they do.  Words like "When he's right I'll give him credit, when he's wrong, I'll call him on it".

Yeah, real venom, real seething fury in that.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 04:31:28 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #327 on: June 17, 2017, 04:29:22 am »
It has always seemed to me, and I know others have stated similar, back in the day before The Great Trumpian Divide, that liberals were always so sure they were correct because they thought us uneducated fools; that they were smarter than others and that bestowed upon them this duty to negate others' opinions that differed from theirs.  Now it seems there's a breed of conservative that does the same thing. 

I dunno, maybe I'm wrong about that and there are just a lot more assholes in this world than I realized there were.

For simplicity's sake we just call them NeverTrump'rs.

And yes, I'm joking.

On the other hand, you bemoan that a "breed" of conservatives is condescending...and then jump to using the term "assholes". Not really reinforcing your argument with that one.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #328 on: June 17, 2017, 04:30:55 am »
It has always seemed to me, and I know others have stated similar, back in the day before The Great Trumpian Divide, that liberals were always so sure they were correct because they thought us uneducated fools; that they were smarter than others and that bestowed upon them this duty to negate others' opinions that differed from theirs.  Now it seems there's a breed of conservative that does the same thing. 

I dunno, maybe I'm wrong about that and there are just a lot more assholes in this world than I realized there were.
Nah. There is just a problem with the labels being misapplied. But I won't take issue with the last part.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #329 on: June 17, 2017, 04:32:40 am »
I don't think you are wrong about that at all. Though I would question the idea that they are conservatives... The ends justifying the means is not a Conservative method.

What's it like to be a self appointed arbiter of "conservativeness"?

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #330 on: June 17, 2017, 04:34:14 am »
Sure they do.  Words like "When he's right I'll give him credit, when he's wrong, I'll call him on it".

Yeah, real venom, real seething fury in that.

But of course, no one is referring to that kind of statement. Any reason you felt the needed to build such a strawman?

Online DB

« Reply #331 on: June 17, 2017, 04:35:33 am »
Sure you can.

If the words reflect and express hatred...well...there you are. No mind reading necessary, just basic reading comprehension.

Funny, what if I perceive hatred in a number of your posts. Shall I apply the same rule or is that different? Leftest see "hate" everywhere they look. They are at war with "hate". And they are convinced that hate is how you fight hate. And "hate" is anything they disagree with. They are very busy people...

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #332 on: June 17, 2017, 04:46:38 am »
But of course, no one is referring to that kind of statement. Any reason you felt the needed to build such a strawman?

But of course, those are just the sorts of statements, oh, and maybe a "Trump got it wrong" that bring out the accusations against nevertrumpers, and all the associated varieties of manure that go with it.

If Trump did something that day that sucks, or was particularly stupid, we can be guaranteed a few posters here will show up to disrupt the discussion on the thread, by raving about "nevertrumpers".
As if his actions were our fault.

When we say "he did a good job" or "he got it right" there are no words more ignored on this website.

You have exposed yourselves for what you are, though, for the entire world that might grace these pages to see.

I didn't build the straw man, and I am not the only one to knock it down, again. Have a nice day.

C S Lewis

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #333 on: June 17, 2017, 04:55:00 am »
For simplicity's sake we just call them NeverTrump'rs.

And yes, I'm joking.

On the other hand, you bemoan that a "breed" of conservatives is condescending...and then jump to using the term "assholes". Not really reinforcing your argument with that one.

I've never thought calling someone an bleep or a jerk (they've always been interchangeable words in my book to describe someone who was not a very nice person) was condescending, but labels such as ignorant, uneducated, simpleton, etc are. 

But frankly, I don't care if you think I'm being condescending or not.  You obviously haven't read the same books I've read to know the difference between the various words and so your opinion is wrong.  Oh, and I know for some of you ignoramuses I should use the sarcasm tag here.

Seriously, we can disagree all our lives, but as you pointed out, it's counterproductive to attribute an emotion to a written statement that isn't specifically written in that statement or negate an opinion because of some assumed intelligence level or reference material.  I'm pretty positive those are the reasons there were so many duels prior to the invention of the phone.  Oh, and you didn't really point that out, I did.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 04:58:14 am by RoosGirl »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #334 on: June 17, 2017, 05:38:46 am »
Because Trump never intended for his friend to be investigated.

I find Trump incredible.  I remember "lock her up" and then Trump not interested in investigating his good friend Clinton.  Now he wants investigation?

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #335 on: June 17, 2017, 06:03:22 am »
@austingirl

Oh, please, can we all stop with the drama?  It isn't "insulting", my point being that your standards for leadership have to be higher than "not Hillary."

We don't need reminders of a seven month-old past.  Today is today.  "Things could be worse" isn't good enough.  Don't you expect the current president to produce?

You wear victimhood well.

@austingirl

People that live in the real world and not some fantasy land realized that either Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump would become president of the United States. If you were liberal and did not vote Clinton you effectively voted for Trump. If you were conservative and did not vote Trump you effectively voted for Hillary. Thankfully enough people voted Trump and gave this nation one last chance.

The ruling class knows what the stakes are, which is why they are trying so hard to take down Trump. Trump wants to put America and the American people first. The ruling class wishes to enhance it power and it wealth to the detriment of the shrinking American middle class.

There is a slow moving coup d'état taking place in D.C. Our constitutional form of government is being overthrow by the elites.  It sickens me that the NeverTrumpers are fine with seeing an ruling oligarchy imposed on us. As long as they get to said "I told you so" they're fine with losing their ability to govern themselves.  As long as they get to said "I told you so" they are fine with their children and grand children becoming serfs.

NeverTrumpers enable the progressive left, making them worse than the progressive left. Either that or they are dumber than a box of rocks. 

Everyone needs to write DC and tell them to stop the attacks (Russiagate) on President Trump! Contact MSM and tell them to go F themselves.  We are in a war with the progressive left. Like it or not Trump is our president and we can not allow the progressive left to remove him from office.

Allow that and this republic is finished. NeverTrumpers have a choice, they can sit on their hands and watch the Marxist globalists take control of the nation or they rally to the defense of President Trump. I'm pretty sure most will be happy to say "I told you so", thus a self full filled prophecy. 

Offline jpsb

« Reply #336 on: June 17, 2017, 06:14:07 am »
I don't think it can be denied that Russia has indeed interfered in our elections. Whether or not this had any bearing on the results I do not know. But I do know that I don't want it happening again and as Americans we should want this resolved. There seems to be quite a few incidences of trying to hide meetings with Russian officials and too many unanswered questions about these connections. These also need to be resolved one way or another. Emotional rhetoric isn't going to help get to the truth but only create more danger and hatred for all of us. I pray for the best outcome.

After an almost year long investigation by the FBI (and others) not one shred of evidence, hard evidence has been produced that supports the proposition that Russia hacked our election for Trump or that Trump colluded with Russia to win the election.  FBI director Comey testified to that effect. This Russia thing is entirely made up, a complete lie.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #337 on: June 17, 2017, 06:21:29 am »
@ConservativeGranny In other words, if you don't explicitly agree with @Mesaclone and get news from whatever source he thinks is valid, your opinion is wrong.

No, but if you are going to make an assertion (Trump must be colluding with Russians) just provide a little evidence to back it up.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #338 on: June 17, 2017, 06:25:00 am »
After an almost year long investigation by the FBI (and others) not one shred of evidence, hard evidence has been produced that supports the proposition that Russia hacked our election for Trump or that Trump colluded with Russia to win the election.  FBI director Comey testified to that effect. This Russia thing is entirely made up, a complete lie.

You missed the news that Russia hacked or attempted to hack the electoral rolls in 39 states?

Look - leave Trump off the menu. Did the Russians attempt to hack / influence the election?

Electoral rolls hacked - check.
DNC hacked - check.
RNC attempted hack - check.
Twitter botnets amplifying propaganda - check.
Pop up news sites dishing propaganda - check.

Does none of that bother you in the slightest?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline jpsb

« Reply #339 on: June 17, 2017, 06:34:04 am »
You missed the news that Russia hacked or attempted to hack the electoral rolls in 39 states?

Look - leave Trump off the menu. Did the Russians attempt to hack / influence the election?

Electoral rolls hacked - check.
DNC hacked - check.
RNC attempted hack - check.
Twitter botnets amplifying propaganda - check.
Pop up news sites dishing propaganda - check.

Does none of that bother you in the slightest?

And do we know who exactly did the hacking? No, and Wikileaks flat out said the no state actor (Russia) was involved in getting it the DNC emails. Many think the late Seth Rich was responsible for that. Since this entire Russia thing is aimed at Trump it is not reasonable to "leave Trump off the menu".  Your last two are laughable.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #340 on: June 17, 2017, 06:40:25 am »
@austingirl

People that live in the real world and not some fantasy land realized that either Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump would become president of the United States. If you were liberal and did not vote Clinton you effectively voted for Trump. If you were conservative and did not vote Trump you effectively voted for Hillary. Thankfully enough people voted Trump and gave this nation one last chance.

The ruling class knows what the stakes are, which is why they are trying so hard to take down Trump. Trump wants to put America and the American people first. The ruling class wishes to enhance it power and it wealth to the detriment of the shrinking American middle class.

There is a slow moving coup d'état taking place in D.C. Our constitutional form of government is being overthrow by the elites.  It sickens me that the NeverTrumpers are fine with seeing an ruling oligarchy imposed on us. As long as they get to said "I told you so" they're fine with losing their ability to govern themselves.  As long as they get to said "I told you so" they are fine with their children and grand children becoming serfs.

NeverTrumpers enable the progressive left, making them worse than the progressive left. Either that or they are dumber than a box of rocks. 

Everyone needs to write DC and tell them to stop the attacks (Russiagate) on President Trump! Contact MSM and tell them to go F themselves.  We are in a war with the progressive left. Like it or not Trump is our president and we can not allow the progressive left to remove him from office.

Allow that and this republic is finished. NeverTrumpers have a choice, they can sit on their hands and watch the Marxist globalists take control of the nation or they rally to the defense of President Trump. I'm pretty sure most will be happy to say "I told you so", thus a self full filled prophecy.
Nice recruiting campaign there, peaches.
I'm really having a difficult time coming up with an appropriate response that can be put on this forum.

I'm damn sure not sitting on my hands, but it would sure be a lot easier to engage with the enemy if you folks would just stop attacking Conservatives who found Trump too Liberal for our tastes and go after the Liberals for a change.

If you people spent one tenth the time attacking Liberals that you do attacking people more conservative, maybe you could get something done, too. Like build a wall, or stop the terrorists from coming in or repeal Obamacare, or get the judges to stop issuing injunctions over pipelines (yes, DAPL got hit with an EIS review by a judge), maybe some real constructive stuff like that instead of spending your time wasting our time because you can't get the knot out of your poo poo panties from the primaries.

C S Lewis

Offline jpsb

« Reply #341 on: June 17, 2017, 01:54:23 pm »
I'm really having a difficult time coming up with an appropriate response that can be put on this forum.

I'm damn sure not sitting on my hands, but it would sure be a lot easier to engage with the enemy if you folks would just stop attacking Conservatives who found Trump too Liberal for our tastes and go after the Liberals for a change.

If you people spent one tenth the time attacking Liberals that you do attacking people more conservative, maybe you could get something done, too. Like build a wall, or stop the terrorists from coming in or repeal Obamacare, or get the judges to stop issuing injunctions over pipelines (yes, DAPL got hit with an EIS review by a judge), maybe some real constructive stuff like that instead of spending your time wasting our time because you can't get the knot out of your poo poo panties from the primaries.

Anyone that is still NeverTrump can not be recruited and even if they could I would not trust them for a NY second. Better to have the NeverTrumpers out in the open siding with the progressive Marxists then in our ranks plotting against us.

I only occasionally post here I spend most of my online time on twitter where I give progressives hell and try to get the truth out. That and writing letters is about all I can do for now.

As for Trump being "to liberal" Bull, based of his stated policies he was the most conservative candidate running. The only other candidate close to being a conservative was "Me Too Ted" that adopted just about every position taken by Trump. Until he decided to go "Lying Ted" when he realized Trump was not going to flame out.

Now I will grant that on social issues Cruz is the more conservative, as is Huckabee. But this election cycle saving the country trumped social issues like gay marriage (which I strongly oppose). President have very little say on social issues. Those are mostly decided by the courts since congress lost their balls and refuses to reign in the out of control courts.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 03:15:30 pm by jpsb »

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #342 on: June 17, 2017, 01:58:31 pm »

This whole discussion bears a fascinating commonality with the era of religious conflict in the late Roman Empire....in which factions of Christianity would attack each other with far greater fervor than they would the hordes of barbarians infringing on the empire. Yes, that's a simplistic description of the situation but it is generally a correct one. You could also look at the fervor with which Sunni's strive to annihilate Shia. The point being, our resident arbiters of conservative orthodoxy...what we know generally as NeverTrumpers...are far more animated and avid in their attacks on the heretic who strays from their view on a few points, than they are in their opposition to what is in effect a Socialist barbarian horde.

They wantonly toss terms like "ignoramus", "orange baboon", "fake conservative" and other derogatives at the "heretics" who support Trump in his rise against the GOP establishment and the DC swamp...but only rarely step to the plate with such fervor when addressing the Left and its assault on the Republic. Then they are shocked when those of us, and the President, who are actually engaged in battling the barbarian at the gates...are unhappy that they are doing little to join that fight, preferring instead, in some cases, to undermine the conservative cause....which, yes, is now led by the President of the United States. Worse, some choose simply to do nothing while the war rages on, because the President offended them during the campaign...letting their feelings rule their judgement.

This is not a 3 sided fight...wishing it were so doesn't make it so. Its Trump-GOP-Conservatism vs Left-Dem-Socialism...
you either join that fight on one side or the other, or you become part of the do nothing crowd.

Again, there is a Leftist/Establishment coup under way against the Republic...a true effort to subvert the electoral will of the people...and some here want to argue over who is and is not the perfect conservative. Perhaps it would be wise to first stop the Socialist horde bashing at our gates before we tear into each other over perceived heresies in our conservative orthodoxy.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 02:05:49 pm by Mesaclone »

Oceander

« Reply #343 on: June 17, 2017, 01:58:34 pm »
Anyone that is still NeverTrump can not be recruited and even if they could I would not trust them for a NY second. Better to have the NeverTrumpers out in the open siding with the progressive Marxists when in our ranks plotting against us.

I only occasionally post here I spend most of my online time on twitter where I give progressives hell and try to get the truth out. That and writing letters is about all I can do for now.

As for Trump being "to liberal" Bull, based of his stated policies he was the most conservative candidate running. The only other candidate close to being a conservative was "Me Too Ted" that adopted just about every position taken by Trump. Until he decided to go "Lying Ted" when he realized Trump was not going to flame out.

Now I will grant that on social issues Cruz is the more conservative, as is Huckabee. But this election cycle saving the country trumped social issues like gay marriage (which I strongly oppose). President have very little say on social issues. Those are mostly decided by the courts since congress lost their balls and refuses to reign in the out of control courts.

"Based on his stated policies" - nuff said.  Only liberals and Trumpettes, apparently, believe that only your self-serving words matter and that all else is irrelevant.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #344 on: June 17, 2017, 01:58:50 pm »
Anyone that is still NeverTrump can not be recruited and even if they could I would not trust them for a NY second. Better to have the NeverTrumpers out in the open siding with the progressive Marxists when in our ranks plotting against us.

Good post!   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #345 on: June 17, 2017, 02:07:28 pm »

Please. Post more often. Very well said.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #346 on: June 17, 2017, 02:12:12 pm »
This whole discussion bears a fascinating commonality with the era of religious conflict in the late Roman Empire....in which factions of Christianity would attack each other with far greater fervor than they would the hordes of barbarians infringing on the empire. Yes, that's a simplistic description of the situation but it is generally a correct one. You could also look at the fervor with which Sunni's strive to annihilate Shia. The point being, our resident arbiters of conservative orthodoxy...what we know generally as NeverTrumpers...are far more animated and avid in their attacks on the heretic who strays from their view on a few points, than they are in their opposition to what is in effect a Socialist barbarian horde.

They wantonly toss terms like "ignoramus", "orange baboon", "fake conservative" and other derogatives at the "heretics" who support Trump in his rise against the GOP establishment and the DC swamp...but only rarely step to the plate with such fervor when addressing the Left and its assault on the Republic. Then they are shocked when those of us, and the President, who are actually engaged in battling the barbarian at the gates...are unhappy that they are doing little to join that fight, preferring instead, in some cases, to undermine the conservative cause....which, yes, is now led by the President of the United States. Worse, some choose simply to do nothing while the war rages on, because the President offended them during the campaign...letting their feelings rule their judgement.

This is not a 3 sided fight...wishing it were so doesn't make it so. Its Trump-GOP-Conservatism vs Left-Dem-Socialism...
you either join that fight on one side or the other, or you become part of the do nothing crowd.

Again, there is a Leftist/Establishment coup under way against the Republic...a true effort to subvert the electoral will of the people...and some here want to argue over who is and is not the perfect conservative. Perhaps it would be wise to first stop the Socialist horde bashing at our gates before we tear into each other over perceived heresies in our conservative orthodoxy.

Excellent!   Most excellent!

For if you're not part of the solution, you ARE part of the problem!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #347 on: June 17, 2017, 02:27:02 pm »
@Smokin Joe you're doing a great job at proving that for some...denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

Keep it up.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #348 on: June 17, 2017, 02:46:53 pm »
Some people simply cannot resist picking at a scab and those people are the reason the sores never heal or become infected and cause even more problems!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 02:48:13 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #349 on: June 17, 2017, 03:04:15 pm »

Well said @jpsb.  This is sad, and yet true.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 03:06:00 pm by Right_in_Virginia »