Author Topic: Time for Conservatives and Republicans to Stand Up to Trump  (Read 9809 times)

Silver Pines

Re: Time for Conservatives and Republicans to Stand Up to Trump
« Reply #100 on: May 15, 2017, 11:15:10 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

Calling you a fool is giving you credit for wisdom you don't have.

Everything you accuse of of is something you just pulled out of your ass.

For the record,I am NOT and never have been a fan of either Trump or Bush.  You need to cool your fevered imagination. Unlike you,I don't live in a fantasy world. I live in a real world with real realities.

@sneakypete

I didn't say you were a Trump fan, and I never mentioned Bush.

Go have a glass of wine.   :seeya:

Silver Pines

« Reply #101 on: May 15, 2017, 11:15:57 pm »
@CatherineofAragon
I thought the celebration was a perfect fit! ;)

@EasyAce

:beer:

Silver Pines

« Reply #102 on: May 15, 2017, 11:17:38 pm »
@CatherineofAragon if you ever do figure out what he's talking about..on anything (other than the gun forum...he's pretty good there)...please let us know.

@txradioguy

I know what you mean.  Pete's good to talk with about a lot of things, but something I said put him in a lather, for some reason.

@sneakypete

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #103 on: May 16, 2017, 12:19:17 am »
@CatherineofAragon if you ever do figure out what he's talking about..on anything (other than the gun forum...he's pretty good there)...please let us know.

@txradioguy  @CatherineofAragon

I am fed up to HERE with EVERYBODY bitching about Trump not having fixed everything wrong with government in the first 4 months in office,and then turning around and screaming I am a Trump groupie for trying to moderate the whining to give the man a chance.

Yeah,I voted for Trump,and you all know why I did,as well as why I am not and never have been a big fan of his. I have posted those reasons and thoughts multiple times.  Yet,anytime I or anyone else tries to defend him against insane accusations,you act like Bush were still president and I am a Bush Bot. Hell,I am the one who originated the term "Bush Bot'.

Like it or not,Trump IS the current president,NOT the Party Person of your preference,and NOT Clinton.  New guy on the job,and he had no idea at all of what he was getting into and ALL the pros in both branches of the ruling party are laying mines in his path BECAUSE he is an outsider and IF he is successful in any way he is a threat to their entrenched Party System of Good Old Boys scratching each others backs to return favors,and to hell with the Constitution,the law of the land,or the voters that put them in office.

AND....,in just a few short months there has been a rapid decline in the numbers of illegal aliens here and coming here,and there will be even fewer soon IF you Party People can convince the Pro Politicians you WISH were in the WH instead of him that if they don't help him cut spending on crap like sanctuary cities,programs to import more Muslims to America as refugees with special status and benefits, etc,etc,etc, that if they want to be re-elected the next cycle they need to support Trump's efforts instead of laying mines in  his path.

The reality is that the Professional Party People that have made whole careers as well as fortunes lying to the voters while making backdoor deals with the the supposed political opposition are ONLY working to keep themselves in office. We,the voters,SHOULD be working to make America the nation she used to be.

Sooo,keep playing your little reindeer Party Games,and you won't have anyone to blame but yourselves when America no longer exists as a free and independent nation,and is replaced by a cog in the global machine with a nation with a title like "The North American Economic Zone",along with Mexico and Canada.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #104 on: May 16, 2017, 01:17:58 am »

I am fed up to HERE with EVERYBODY bitching about Trump not having fixed everything wrong with government in the first 4 months in office,and then turning around and screaming I am a Trump groupie for trying to moderate the whining to give the man a chance.

Yeah,I voted for Trump,and you all know why I did,as well as why I am not and never have been a big fan of his. I have posted those reasons and thoughts multiple times.  Yet,anytime I or anyone else tries to defend him against insane accusations,you act like Bush were still president and I am a Bush Bot. Hell,I am the one who originated the term "Bush Bot'.

Like it or not,Trump IS the current president,NOT the Party Person of your preference,and NOT Clinton.  New guy on the job,and he had no idea at all of what he was getting into and ALL the pros in both branches of the ruling party are laying mines in his path BECAUSE he is an outsider and IF he is successful in any way he is a threat to their entrenched Party System of Good Old Boys scratching each others backs to return favors,and to hell with the Constitution,the law of the land,or the voters that put them in office.

AND....,in just a few short months there has been a rapid decline in the numbers of illegal aliens here and coming here,and there will be even fewer soon IF you Party People can convince the Pro Politicians you WISH were in the WH instead of him that if they don't help him cut spending on crap like sanctuary cities,programs to import more Muslims to America as refugees with special status and benefits, etc,etc,etc, that if they want to be re-elected the next cycle they need to support Trump's efforts instead of laying mines in  his path.

The reality is that the Professional Party People that have made whole careers as well as fortunes lying to the voters while making backdoor deals with the the supposed political opposition are ONLY working to keep themselves in office. We,the voters,SHOULD be working to make America the nation she used to be.

Sooo,keep playing your little reindeer Party Games,and you won't have anyone to blame but yourselves when America no longer exists as a free and independent nation,and is replaced by a cog in the global machine with a nation with a title like "The North American Economic Zone",along with Mexico and Canada.

You are a bot, you are a blind supporter of Trump. Worse than the Bushbots (oh I'm sorry, Jorge Bush).

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #105 on: May 16, 2017, 01:20:31 am »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #106 on: May 16, 2017, 01:22:33 am »
You are a bot, you are a blind supporter of Trump. Worse than the Bushbots (oh I'm sorry, Jorge Bush).
Sure.
 *****rollingeyes*****

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #107 on: May 16, 2017, 01:32:01 am »

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

And you are a clueless fool that doesn't even understand simple English.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #108 on: May 16, 2017, 01:36:29 am »

As usual...instead of responding to the many points made in the quote.... a terrific rebuttal, btw, to the insults of others (plural)
you play the man.

**nononono*
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

• Technical
« Reply #109 on: May 16, 2017, 01:44:56 am »

As usual...instead of responding to the many points made in the quote.... a terrific rebuttal, btw, to the insults of others (plural)
you play the man.

**nononono*

You're a bot too, btw. You have never ever uttered a single disparaging word about Trump: nothing, not a single thing. I have never supported a politician to the extent where I found absolutely nothing wrong with them. You are personally attacked when Trump is attack, and your instinct is to blindly attack back. Why you and RiV attach your ego to that moron I will never be able to understand, but whatever.

• Technical
« Reply #110 on: May 16, 2017, 01:45:21 am »
@Weird Tolkienish Figure

And you are a clueless fool that doesn't even understand simple English.

Do you dispute what I said?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #111 on: May 16, 2017, 01:47:09 am »
Do you dispute what I said?

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

PROVING you are a clueless fool.

Did you not understand ANYTHING I wrote?

Wingnut

« Reply #113 on: May 16, 2017, 01:57:53 am »

Pete is up next!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #114 on: May 16, 2017, 02:00:57 am »
You're a bot too, btw. You have never ever uttered a single disparaging word about Trump: nothing, not a single thing. I have never supported a politician to the extent where I found absolutely nothing wrong with them. You are personally attacked when Trump is attack, and your instinct is to blindly attack back. Why you and RiV attach your ego to that moron I will never be able to understand, but whatever.

We've talked about this @Weird Tolkienish Figure ... if you include me in a post, you need to type @Right_in_Virginia  (Not RiV)

And, since you asked, I have not attached my ego to the President.  I continue to believe President Trump is the right leader for these times.  Let me know if you would like me to go through the reasons again for you.

Thanks.

« Reply #115 on: May 16, 2017, 02:02:16 am »

Good post @sneakypete ... clear and well-written.   :beer:

• Technical
« Reply #116 on: May 16, 2017, 02:02:33 am »
And, since you asked, I have not attached my ego to the President. 

Anyone else here believe that?

I have never, ever met or came across any politician. anyone I will support 100% at all times no matter what.

« Reply #117 on: May 16, 2017, 02:14:34 am »
Anyone else here believe that?

I have never, ever met or came across any politician. anyone I will support 100% at all times no matter what.

What makes you think I support the President 100% of the time @Weird Tolkienish Figure ?

(And is it safe to assume you'd prefer I not list the reasons I think the President is the right leader at the right time?  ^-^ )

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #118 on: May 16, 2017, 02:18:41 am »

And is it safe to assume you'd prefer I not list the reasons I think the President is the right leader at the right time? 
@Right_in_Virginia Nope. Ass/u/me and all that. Have at. Tell us why.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 02:33:42 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online corbe

« Reply #119 on: May 16, 2017, 02:31:36 am »
   Your Monkey owes me a Keyboard @Wingnut
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #120 on: May 16, 2017, 02:32:52 am »
@sneakypete No, Pete isn't a bot. Sheesh.

I get what he is saying in that if Republicans keep going off on tangents and squabbling, the Dems will laugh all the way to the bank, and the Republicans (Remember the GOPe) will be right beside them. They're all doing it now.

This is going to be a challenge for Trump, but face it, it would have been a challenge for Cruz, too. Cruz is no more an insider than Trump is in the sense of having the enmity of the backroom boys at the GOP for so long they spurned him to 'deal' with Trump. They're dealing with Trump, all right.

So we are where we are. There has been a lot of good progress while the GOPe was getting together with the Democrats, but I think good things are going to get hung up.

The Methane rule was not overturned thanks to the GOPee Stalwarts of McCain, Collins, and Graham http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,262220.msg1316718.html#msg1316718 a lot of that methane comes as a byproduct of oil drilling. If you can't drill until the pipeline is in, you have already limited production by pipeline capacity, if you put in more line than you need, you have wasted money, and the biggest obstruction to putting in those feeder pipelines is the labyrinthine Federal permitting process. Considering over 50% of the land west of the Mississippi, and a considerable amount of the Appalachians and Alleghenies are Federal, too, the effect on drilling for oil and natural gas will be negative.
That has potential to be a serious blow to the energy industry because pipelines are only an expense if you don't have product to move, but hey, Tillerson got his golden parachute, and EOM is on the teevee arm waving about fueling the planet with pond scum. Let it age a while, deep under ground, Rex, that's how we got the other stuff (oil).

While Trump was saying AGW isn't proven, Tillerson signed this POS. http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,262569.msg1319234.html#msg1319234 Always watch what the other hand is doing. Who's running the show?

Any meaningful war on obamacare is in the trenches. not much progress for the fighting, but the same GOPE who played the voters by voting for repeal when they couldn't get it across the Resolute Desk are resolute in not passing it again. 

Retaining the Ethanol Mandate is just dumb. Without even arguing the use of ethanol as a fuel, the way it is set up is that a set number of gallons will be sold as motor fuel, regardless of how much fuel is sold. If only 1 gallon of gasoline was sold, the same amount of ethanol would have to be mixed in with it as if billions of gallons were sold. Considering 10% is the limit (the "blend wall") where damage starts happening to engines and fuel systems and warranties are voided, maybe that isn't such a good idea. Just let the Market decide.

Such things aren't helpful, and Congress is the problem in much of this.

Anything that affects energy and transportation is going to damage any hopes of economic recovery.

It's time for the administration to get their crap together on this and talk with someone who is knowledgeable about what IS, not what is pie in the sky in the energy industry, because pie in the sky will soak up subsidies, but it won't turn a wheel toward prosperity for anyone but the people sucking up the (taxpayers) money.

It is high time we quit with the circular firing squad, and focus on the real enemy: the Dems and the GOPe in Congress and elsewhere who are scuttling the attempts to set policy right.

What sucks is that every time there is a decent discussion going on someone has to start this Trumpanzee versus Nevertrumper rematch shit again and disrupt it. That's classic trolling, and the wolf pack tactics stink, too.

In the meantime, stuff is happening out there, and its getting lost in the shitstorm.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 02:35:28 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #121 on: May 16, 2017, 02:44:41 am »

I get what he is saying in that if Republicans keep going off on tangents and squabbling, the Dems will laugh all the way to the bank, and the Republicans (Remember the GOPe) will be right beside them. They're all doing it now.

@Smokin Joe

And they will keep doing it because with their faithful followers blindly supporting them,there is no personal or professional downside for them.

It is high time we quit with the circular firing squad, and focus on the real enemy: the Dems and the GOPe in Congress and elsewhere who are scuttling the attempts to set policy right.

What sucks is that every time there is a decent discussion going on someone has to start this Trumpanzee versus Nevertrumper rematch shit again and disrupt it. That's classic trolling, and the wolf pack tactics stink, too.

In the meantime, stuff is happening out there, and its getting lost in the shitstorm.

And there ya have it.

Offline anubias

« Reply #122 on: May 16, 2017, 02:54:48 am »

This is going to be a challenge for Trump, but face it, it would have been a challenge for Cruz, too. Cruz is no more an insider than Trump is in the sense of having the enmity of the backroom boys at the GOP for so long they spurned him to 'deal' with Trump. They're dealing with Trump, all right.

So we are where we are. There has been a lot of good progress while the GOPe was getting together with the Democrats, but I think good things are going to get hung up.

The Methane rule was not overturned thanks to the GOPee Stalwarts of McCain, Collins, and Graham http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,262220.msg1316718.html#msg1316718 a lot of that methane comes as a byproduct of oil drilling. If you can't drill until the pipeline is in, you have already limited production by pipeline capacity, if you put in more line than you need, you have wasted money, and the biggest obstruction to putting in those feeder pipelines is the labyrinthine Federal permitting process. Considering over 50% of the land west of the Mississippi, and a considerable amount of the Appalachians and Alleghenies are Federal, too, the effect on drilling for oil and natural gas will be negative.
That has potential to be a serious blow to the energy industry because pipelines are only an expense if you don't have product to move, but hey, Tillerson got his golden parachute, and EOM is on the teevee arm waving about fueling the planet with pond scum. Let it age a while, deep under ground, Rex, that's how we got the other stuff (oil).

While Trump was saying AGW isn't proven, Tillerson signed this POS. http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,262569.msg1319234.html#msg1319234 Always watch what the other hand is doing. Who's running the show?

Any meaningful war on obamacare is in the trenches. not much progress for the fighting, but the same GOPE who played the voters by voting for repeal when they couldn't get it across the Resolute Desk are resolute in not passing it again. 

Retaining the Ethanol Mandate is just dumb. Without even arguing the use of ethanol as a fuel, the way it is set up is that a set number of gallons will be sold as motor fuel, regardless of how much fuel is sold. If only 1 gallon of gasoline was sold, the same amount of ethanol would have to be mixed in with it as if billions of gallons were sold. Considering 10% is the limit (the "blend wall") where damage starts happening to engines and fuel systems and warranties are voided, maybe that isn't such a good idea. Just let the Market decide.

Such things aren't helpful, and Congress is the problem in much of this.

Anything that affects energy and transportation is going to damage any hopes of economic recovery.

It's time for the administration to get their crap together on this and talk with someone who is knowledgeable about what IS, not what is pie in the sky in the energy industry, because pie in the sky will soak up subsidies, but it won't turn a wheel toward prosperity for anyone but the people sucking up the (taxpayers) money.

Thank you for that post @Smokin Joe  :)

« Reply #123 on: May 16, 2017, 03:08:15 am »

Good post @Smokin Joe ... I especially liked the quote above.  It illustrates what I've often heard in political circles:  The democrats understand tribal warfare.  The Republicans do not.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.