Author Topic: Tillerson signs international declaration recognizing climate change  (Read 2145 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Secretary of State Rex Tillerson signed on Thursday a declaration acknowledging the threat posed by climate change to the Arctic and indicating the need for action to curb its impact on the region.

The move appears at odds with the Trump administration's broad skepticism of climate change and comes at a time when President Trump is weighing a potential withdrawal from the Paris Agreement on fighting its effects.

Tillerson signed the Fairbanks Declaration in Fairbanks, Alask,a at a meeting of the Arctic Council, a forum made up of indigenous groups and eight countries with territory bordering the Arctic Circle.

"In the United States, we are currently reviewing several important policies, including how the Trump administration will approach the issue of climate change," Tillerson said at the meeting.

"We are appreciative that each of you has an important point of view, and you should know that we are taking the time to understand your concerns. We’re not going to rush to make a decision. We’re going to work to make the right decision for the United States."

More: http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/333085-tillerson-signs-declaration-recognizing-climate-change
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline libertybele

This will turn out to be a disaster.  Get ready to open your wallets!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
This will turn out to be a disaster.  Get ready to open your wallets!!

My wallets already empty.  Panama is looking better and better.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
My wallets already empty.  Panama is looking better and better.

Like I tell the BLM reparations crowd.

I got a 20 year old minivan. They're welcome to it but after that I'm pretty well cleaned out.

Offline Frank Cannon

I thought this was a meaningless document until I got to the end...

Noting the entry into force of the Paris Agreement on climate change and its implementation, and reiterating the need for global action to reduce both long-lived greenhouse gases and short-lived climate pollutants, and

Reaffirming the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and the need for their realization by 2030,

https://www.state.gov/e/oes/rls/other/2017/270802.htm

So we are signing off on the Paris Agreement? Let's see how Donny explains this one.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Noting the entry into force of the Paris Agreement on climate change and its implementation, and reiterating the need for global action to reduce both long-lived greenhouse gases and short-lived climate pollutants, and

Reaffirming the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and the need for their realization by 2030,

So we are signing off on the Paris Agreement? Let's see how Donny explains this one.

Just when I thought saner minds had prevailed on the climate change fraud.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline driftdiver

All part of his 6 dimensional chess board plan thing.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Yes, this is why I wasn't wild about the Tillerson pick originally.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yes, this is why I wasn't wild about the Tillerson pick originally.
Following up on the commercials gibbering about how pond scum will be the fuel of the future at Exxon/Mobil? I wonder how many shares (or options) the former CEO got as part of his parachute?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
Re: Tillerson signs international declaration recognizing climate change
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2017, 05:53:45 pm »

(off topic) - Very nice eye candy in the avatar

Tillerson's support of the gay agenda and forcing the BSA to abandon it's principles showed that he is unfit for any office.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2017, 05:58:16 pm »

15 years from now we'll be hearing about her running for the White House.

Offline ConservativeGranny

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2017, 01:16:07 am »
Thank God we didn't get Hillary! :whistle:

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2017, 01:18:07 am »
Tillerson signs international declaration recognizing climate change

What?    Someone educate that man!   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2017, 01:20:42 am »

If this turns out to be true,  this is what I would regard a valid avenue of criticism directed at Trump and his Staff.   

This is a big no no in my opinion.    Tillerson is the last sort of person whom you would expect to buy into this "global warming"  crap. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2017, 01:23:36 am »
All of Trump's idiot supporters were out cheering him on today, makin' lib'ruls head explode! Meanwhile his Secretary of State pulls this crap.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 01:45:11 am by mystery-ak »

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2017, 01:27:35 am »
(off topic) - Very nice eye candy in the avatar

Tillerson's support of the gay agenda and forcing the BSA to abandon it's principles showed that he is unfit for any office.

I wouldn't go that far.   I can live with socially liberal but fiscally conservative people in offices that have nothing to do with social issues.   Putting a pro gay Oil Man in as secretary of state isn't that big of a deal because I don't see him having an opportunity to push that particular agenda.   

Socially Liberal Republicans can be put in places like "Energy"  or "Commerce"  or some such that has little or no interaction with social issues. 

Sure,  I'd prefer they all be both socially and fiscally conservative,   but we would be throwing away a lot of potentially good talent if we did it that way.   Dick Cheney was pretty good at his job(s). 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2017, 01:29:00 am »
All of Trump's idiot supporters were out cheering him on today, makin' lib'ruls head explode! Meanwhile his Secretary of State pulls this crap.

@mystery-ak

Feed him, please.   
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 01:45:48 am by mystery-ak »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2017, 01:29:39 am »
@mystery-ak

Feed him, please.   

Are you going to defend this?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2017, 01:30:32 am »

If this turns out to be true,  this is what I would regard a valid avenue of criticism directed at Trump and his Staff.   

This is a big no no in my opinion.    Tillerson is the last sort of person whom you would expect to buy into this "global warming"  crap.

With Tillerson's view on climate change, I was surprised that Trump appointed him in the first place.  We are totally screwed ... Al Gore and all of his cronies are jumping with joy right now.  They are going to make a fortune ... and I might add ... so is Trump.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2017, 01:31:03 am »
15 years from now we'll be hearing about her running for the White House.

And she'll be able to run as a conservative, now that her dad has redifined what conservatism is.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2017, 01:33:03 am »

Let them keep posting @Weird Tolkienish Figure . It puts them on record in black and white.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2017, 02:20:33 am »

Because of his reputation, I am reluctant to jump to conclusions on these things.  But we'll see.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2017, 02:22:03 am »
Well if he won't I will.  You don't realize what a great thing this is for America.  The great negotiator recognizes when it is time to walk away from a deal.  The 5 dimensional chess master can now use the EPA regulations against the businesses that are disloyal the USA.  Plus with the issue of the environment taken out of the dialogue, President Trump can now focus, with the guidance of our Lord and Savior, on the disease ridden, cantalouped calved, filth peddling vermin and child rapists on our southern border, oh and uh that Obamacare replace thing.

I always dreamed of the day that Republican's would grow a spine and fulfill the promise they whispered in my ear for decades.  Finally, after disappointment and letdown, time after time...
It's all coming true.  #MAGA

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2017, 11:52:07 am »
Like I tell the BLM reparations crowd.

I got a 20 year old minivan. They're welcome to it but after that I'm pretty well cleaned out.

I hope it runs. Or they will probably tip it over and set it on fire on your front yard.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley