Author Topic: Egyptian-American release came after 'no deal,' Trump says  (Read 526 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Egyptian-American release came after 'no deal,' Trump says
« on: April 21, 2017, 09:42:38 pm »
Egyptian-American release came after 'no deal,' Trump says
Posted: Apr 21, 2017 4:59 PM EST
Updated: Apr 21, 2017 4:59 PM EST

Julie Pace

WASHINGTON (AP) - President Donald Trump said he struck "no deal" for the release of an Egyptian-American charity worker who had been detained in the country for nearly three years.

Aya Hijazi, 30, and her husband, Mohamed Hassanein, an Egyptian, returned to the Washington area Thursday. She met Friday with Trump in the Oval Office.

Trump had hosted Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi at the White House at the beginning of this month. The two leaders discussed the case at the time.

"He was here, I said I really would appreciate it if you could look into this and let her out," Trump told The Associated Press in an interview. "I asked the government to let her out."

Former President Barack Obama had worked on the case and "got zippo," Trump noted.

more at:  http://www.kmov.com/story/35210350/egyptian-american-release-came-after-no-deal-trump-says
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Egyptian-American release came after 'no deal,' Trump says
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 09:49:02 pm »
Sometimes it feels like more than Americans have been waiting for Donald Trump.   ^-^

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 09:57:23 pm »
Sometimes it feels like more than Americans have been waiting for Donald Trump.   ^-^

The entire world has been waiting for any ray of hope.  The swamp is doing it's damndest to snuff it out!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 01:24:04 am »
And crickets from our House 'Big Brains'.     *****rollingeyes*****
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 01:37:06 am »
And crickets from our House 'Big Brains'.     *****rollingeyes*****

Don't for a second think that unintended.  They love their swamp above all else.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 01:38:39 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DB

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 01:47:05 am »
I'm glad Trump was successful on this.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2017, 02:24:41 am »
Don't for a second think that unintended.  They love their swamp above all else.

:beer: