Author Topic: Rick Perry signals the Trump administration's continued issues with the Paris climate deal  (Read 683 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Rick Perry signals the Trump administration's continued issues with the Paris climate deal

...." Speaking on Friday, Perry touted the environmental progress Texas achieved under his 14 years as governor, arguing that it was possible to do without "over taxation, over litigation, or over regulation."

The anger growing in his voice, he said his counterparts at the G7 summit he attended in Italy last week "lectured" him on continuing the US's leadership on renewables, but they could learn a lesson from his tenure as governor. ....

..... "My point with the rest of the world is that America will continue to lead. America will continue to find the innovative ways to make sure that our air, and our water, and the globe that we live on is taken care of, that it's in good shape for the next generation," Perry said. "That it's not just a bunch of talk. It's not just a document that a bunch of folks got together and signed. It's reality."

Every other nation released a statement doubling down on their support for the Paris agreement at the G7 meeting, but Perry neglected to add the US's support. ......

http://www.businessinsider.com/rick-perry-signals-trump-administrations-continued-qualms-with-the-paris-climate-deal-2017-4
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Rick Perry signals the Trump administration's continued issues with the Paris climate deal

...." Speaking on Friday, Perry touted the environmental progress Texas achieved under his 14 years as governor, arguing that it was possible to do without "over taxation, over litigation, or over regulation."

The anger growing in his voice, he said his counterparts at the G7 summit he attended in Italy last week "lectured" him on continuing the US's leadership on renewables, but they could learn a lesson from his tenure as governor. ....

..... "My point with the rest of the world is that America will continue to lead. America will continue to find the innovative ways to make sure that our air, and our water, and the globe that we live on is taken care of, that it's in good shape for the next generation," Perry said. "That it's not just a bunch of talk. It's not just a document that a bunch of folks got together and signed. It's reality."

Every other nation released a statement doubling down on their support for the Paris agreement at the G7 meeting, but Perry neglected to add the US's support. ......

http://www.businessinsider.com/rick-perry-signals-trump-administrations-continued-qualms-with-the-paris-climate-deal-2017-4

I wouldn't say 'neglected;'  How about refused.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline LonestarDream

I wouldn't say 'neglected;'  How about refused.

Works for me.  Lets keep Ivanka at bay.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Online corbe

More Rick Perry News, I'm glad someone woke him up, but like a typical Aggie, these things can take awhile, unlike, say Pruitt at EPA.

Rick Perry: I’ve Said Some Harsh Things About The President

Posted at 10:30 am on April 21, 2017 by Susan Wright

This one is hard for me to choke down, without a doubt.

I’ve been a supporter of former Texas Governor Rick Perry since his presidential run in 2012. I’ve always seen the man’s record in Texas over 14 years as the height of sound leadership, and just the right training to step in and take control of the course of this nation, before we ran over a cliff.

Do you really want to understand solid policy? Read the man’s 2010 book, “Fed Up!” It will change your life.

Alas, the man’s debate style doesn’t play well outside of the Lone Star state, apparently, even though to hear the man give a speech is absolutely inspirational.

The brief verbal battle that went on between Perry and Donald Trump during the very early stages of the primary season in 2015 likely ended Perry’s second run for the presidency, as Trump’s trolls in the media – supposed “conservative” outlets – piled on, with the assorted Trumpling faithful bringing the assist.

<..snip..>

http://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2017/04/21/rick-perry-ive-said-harsh-things-president/

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

More Rick Perry News, I'm glad someone woke him up, but like a typical Aggie, these things can take awhile, unlike, say Pruitt at EPA.
Take awhile like in winning the SEC football title (Or the Big 12 for that matter)?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online corbe

Take awhile like in winning the SEC football title (Or the Big 12 for that matter)?

You didn't start winning until Rick Perry left.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.