Author Topic: 'Dreamers'should "rest easy"..Trump  (Read 1678 times)

Offline montanajoe

Re: 'Dreamers'should "rest easy"..Trump
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2017, 01:53:47 am »
It seems to me that for many of the people that voted for Trump, it was a lesser of two evils calculation. When Trump changes a position he campaignd on, for the lessor of two evils voter, the same calculus applies e.g. its better than the alternative.

I suppose that voter believes that they are being pragmatic, political realists, practical ....whatever. The basic problem with that approach, IMO, is that if one believes the Country is headed in the wrong direction, is that its the wrong direction...  :shrug:  Trump  taking the Country left slowly is no different than Hillary, had she won, taking it left at breakneck speed the destination is the same...

The only way to change the direction of the Country is to simply say no, no more, we ain't gonna go there...

Tell the politicians to fulfill the damn promises they ran on, modifying the positions of the left to make them palatable to the mushy lesser of two evils voter will never work to restore our Conservative heritage and those folks expecting folks like me to take the half of loaf they offer are delusional...take that loaf and shove it back where the sun don't shine...

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2017, 01:54:47 am »
Cool beans!
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online corbe

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2017, 02:01:58 am »
It seems to me that for many of the people that voted for Trump, it was a lesser of two evils calculation. When Trump changes a position he campaignd on, for the lessor of two evils voter, the same calculus applies e.g. its better than the alternative.

I suppose that voter believes that they are being pragmatic, political realists, practical ....whatever. The basic problem with that approach, IMO, is that if one believes the Country is headed in the wrong direction, is that its the wrong direction...  :shrug:  Trump  taking the Country left slowly is no different than Hillary, had she won, taking it left at breakneck speed the destination is the same...

The only way to change the direction of the Country is to simply say no, no more, we ain't gonna go there...

Tell the politicians to fulfill the damn promises they ran on, modifying the positions of the left to make them palatable to the mushy lesser of two evils voter will never work to restore our Conservative heritage and those folks expecting folks like me to take the half of loaf they offer are delusional...take that loaf and shove it back where the sun don't shine...

I'm afraid with these two parties running the show, we are destined to a future of reality tv stars, Trump has indeed opened a Pandora's Box, that scares the crap out of me, We need a viable vehicle, a national party, to become credible and the time to start was 100 days ago.
   If we're waiting on them, we're backing up.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.