Author Topic: Berkeley cancels Ann Coulter speech; conservative commentator vows to appear anyway  (Read 7323 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Berkeley cancels Ann Coulter speech; conservative commentator vows to appear anyway

‘If I were going to Berkeley to get an abortion, this would be a national scandal’

By Victor Morton - The Washington Times - Updated: 5:48 p.m. on Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Berkeley will remain a safe space for University of California students triggered by the presence of Ann Coulter on campus. Maybe.

The university told its College Republicans chapter this week that it is “unable to find a safe and suitable” venue for Miss Coulter’s planned April 27 speech and accordingly canceled the event, a verdict the right-wing diva promptly vowed to ignore.

The note from Vice Chancellor Scott Biddy said the cancellation was made in accord with the campus police. The university, once the birthplace of the Free Speech Movement, has also made official notice of threats against the Coulter speech.

more
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/apr/19/ann-coulter-berkeley-appearance-canceled/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DiogenesLamp

Ann has guts.  She has always had guts. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Wingnut

Maybe she could spill some for her cause?

Offline Frank Cannon

That ratty bag doesn't have a gut. She's as skinny as a Dachau vet.

Wingnut

Looks like see went commando that day.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Ann tweeted no school accepting public funds can ban free speech.

It seems she is saying it is fake news that it has been cancelled or they are setting up an alternative date.

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
So who is the conservative giving the speech anyway?

Offline rodamala

That ratty bag doesn't have a gut. She's as skinny as a Dachau

If Adam's apples were guts... then she would have guts.

Offline mirraflake

Ann has done more in a month than keyboard warriors ever will in lifetime.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 08:13:00 pm by mirraflake »

Offline Cripplecreek

If Adam's apples were guts... then she would have guts.

All she's trying to do is stir the idiots on the left to protest so the idiots on the right will come to her defense. I'm predicting great success.

She's tapped an abundant natural resource.

Offline musiclady

So who is the conservative giving the speech anyway?

That was my first question when I saw the headline.

Who's the conservative?   Cause Ann sure doesn't qualify.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Silver Pines

@Frank Cannon

I never understood why Coulter always showed up on Fox News with her legs crossed in a short skirt, as though she were proud of those shapeless twigs.  Does she own a mirror?  Those legs need to be covered up.

Fat women aren't flattered when they wear short skirts, and neither are emaciated ones.

Offline mirraflake

That was my first question when I saw the headline.

Who's the conservative?   Cause Ann sure doesn't qualify.

Ann is a liberal?? She is pro life, pro 2nd amen, anti gay marriage, smaller gov't, Christianity should have a larger role in the US on an on. If Ann is liberal why is she banned from campus nationwide?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Coulter

These books she wrote sure are liberal..
Coulter, Ann H. (1998). High Crimes and Misdemeanors: The Case Against Bill Clinton. Washington, DC; Lanham, MD: Regnery Pub. ISBN 978-0-89526-360-5. OCLC 39380711.
Coulter, Ann H. (2002). Slander: Liberal Lies About the American Right. New York, NY: Crown. ISBN 978-1-4000-4661-4. OCLC 49673076.
Coulter, Ann H. (2003). Treason: Liberal Treachery from the Cold War to the War on Terrorism. New York, NY: Crown Forum. ISBN 978-1-4000-5030-7. OCLC 52133318.
Coulter, Ann H. (2004). How to Talk to a Liberal (If You Must): The World According to Ann Coulter. New York, NY: Crown Forum. ISBN 978-1-4000-5418-3. OCLC 55746549.
Coulter, Ann H. (2006). Godless: The Church of Liberalism. New York, NY: Crown Forum. ISBN 978-1-4000-5420-6. OCLC 69594152.
Coulter, Ann H. (2007). If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans. New York, NY: Crown Forum. ISBN 978-0-307-35345-0. OCLC 156784826.
Coulter, Ann H. (2009). Guilty: Liberal "Victims" and Their Assault on America. New York, NY: Crown Forum. ISBN 978-0-307-35346-7. OCLC 230728938.
Coulter, Ann H. (2011). Demonic: How the Liberal Mob Is Endangering America. New York, NY: Crown Forum. ISBN 978-0-307-35348-1.
Coulter, Ann H. (2012). Mugged: Racial Demagoguery from the Seventies to Obama. New York, NY: Sentinel HC. ISBN 978-1-59523-099-7.
Coulter, Ann H. (2013). Never Trust a Liberal Over 3 – Especially a Republican. Washington, DC: Regnery Publishing. ISBN 978-1621571919.
Coulter, Ann H. (2015). Adios, America: The Left's Plan to Turn Our Country Into a Third World Hellhole. Washington, DC: Regnery Publishing. ISBN 978-1621572671.
Coulter, Ann H. (2016). In Trump We Trust: E Pluribus Awesome!. New York City: Sentinel. ISBN 978-0735214460.

@musiclady
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 09:03:27 pm by mirraflake »

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
All she's trying to do is stir the idiots on the left to protest so the idiots on the right will come to her defense. I'm predicting great success.

She's tapped an abundant natural resource.

Aye.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Ann is a liberal?? She is pro life, pro 2nd amen, anti gay marriage, smaller gov't, Christianity should have a larger role in the US on an on. If Ann is liberal why is she banned from campus nationwide?

I know that's her shtick but I'm not convinced she really means it.  There are a slew of professional "conservatives" that seem to be making a fine living off of the hopes and dreams of the "little people."  Kinda reminds me of a lot of "preachers" I've seen.  Say one thing and do another.  I guess time will tell but this kind of stunt isn't helping my opinion of her.

Offline Frank Cannon

@Frank Cannon

I never understood why Coulter always showed up on Fox News with her legs crossed in a short skirt, as though she were proud of those shapeless twigs.  Does she own a mirror?  Those legs need to be covered up.

Fat women aren't flattered when they wear short skirts, and neither are emaciated ones.

Hear hear. @CatherineofAragon I like you.

Offline mirraflake

@Frank Cannon

I think she looks fairly hot in that  photo. Her hair looks good there(up)  versus how she normally wears it (down)and the dress she is wearing looks classy.

Yeah a little skinny but skinny is always better than fat. Looks better than many of the woman I see in my area on a regular basis. wearing pjs, muffin tops and tats everywhere.

@CatherineofAragon
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 10:06:32 pm by mirraflake »

Offline corbe

Ann threw any Conservative principles she had out the window in 2012 when she backed Romney so wholeheartedly, the icing on the cake (for me, anyway) was her backing Christy in 2016. 
   Principled Conservatives do not vote for NE Liberals unless their VOTE really, really could make a difference as some here did in 2016 to get Trump over the hump, to all of them I say Thank You for delivering us from the evil know as hellary, my vote in Texas did not matter.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cripplecreek

Ann threw any Conservative principles she had out the window in 2012 when she backed Romney so wholeheartedly, the icing on the cake (for me, anyway) was her backing Christy in 2016. 
   Principled Conservatives do not vote for NE Liberals unless their VOTE really, really could make a difference as some here did in 2016 to get Trump over the hump, to all of them I say Thank You for delivering us from the evil know as hellary, my vote in Texas did not matter.

Saying Trump could perform abortions in the white house for all she cared and complaining about Trump pandering to the "F'ing Jews".

She's overripe garbage.

Offline musiclady

I know that's her shtick but I'm not convinced she really means it.  There are a slew of professional "conservatives" that seem to be making a fine living off of the hopes and dreams of the "little people."  Kinda reminds me of a lot of "preachers" I've seen.  Say one thing and do another.  I guess time will tell but this kind of stunt isn't helping my opinion of her.

Her avid support of Chris Christie and worship of Donald Trump make it very clear that she's been a phony conservative for years.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Ann has done more in a month than keyboard warriors ever will in lifetime.
And most of us have eaten more food in a more than than she has in a lifetime.

Silver Pines

I think she looks fairly hot in that  photo. Her hair looks good there(up)  versus how she normally wears it (down)and the dress she is wearing looks classy.

Yeah a little skinny but skinny is always better than fat. Looks better than many of the woman I see in my area on a regular basis. wearing pjs, muffin tops and tats everywhere.

@CatherineofAragon

@mirraflake

"A little skinny", my butt.  She's bony and there isn't an ounce of flesh on her, and she's no improvement at all on fat. 

Women should have curves and shape.  She has none.  I actually get squicked out looking at her.

Silver Pines

Offline mirraflake

@mirraflake

"A little skinny", my butt.  She's bony and there isn't an ounce of flesh on her, and she's no improvement at all on fat. 

Women should have curves and shape.  She has none.  I actually get squicked out looking at her.

My wife is naturally skinny. Super high metabolism. Eats mega calories every day. No medical problems. Here mom and all  her aunts were the same way

Ann is not skinny because she wants to be.

@CatherineofAragon

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
@mirraflake

I've stood right next to her and she really doesn't look bad in person.  Of course that was about 14 years ago.  My beef is with her apparent hypocrisy.

I've learned over the years not to put much faith in the rich and famous.  They always seem to have ulterior motives.  Kinda like politicians....