Author Topic: Berkeley cancels Ann Coulter speech; conservative commentator vows to appear anyway  (Read 7324 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I think you are. 

Here is the latest as I heard it,   Before they uncancelled it...

UC officials, citing safety concerns, first tried to bureaucratically shrink the Coulter speech out of existence by informing Young Americans for Freedom, sponsors of the event, that Coulter could speak only in the afternoon when students were in classes; that only students could attend; and, in a Kafkaesque twist, that the location of the speech would be distant from the center of campus and not be announced until just before it occurred.

Coulter agreed to these conditions.  But she added two stipulations that called the bureaucrats’ bluff that this was about public safety rather than the suppression of the free speech of conservatives. She asked that the Chancellor not require police to stand down in the face of anticipated violence by thugs, as he has in the past; and she asked that the UC administration make it clear than any student trying violently to disrupt the speech would be expelled.

The University replied by cancelling Coulter’s speech outright.

Now you know the rest of the story.

Thanks, my friend. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Wingnut

Thanks, my friend.

No prob.   Some people round here just can't stay on topic.    :nometalk:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
No prob.   Some people round here just can't stay on topic.    :nometalk:

That doesn't bother me...not after four pages.

I was just throwing a playful jab at the folks playing "He Hit Me First!!"    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald