Author Topic: GOP lawmakers in North Carolina introduce bill to restore ban on same-sex marriage  (Read 48701 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
What I understand is that the truth of god is in us and all around us...not in any book.

As I said many times now - you worship a god of your imagination, based on whatever your eyes choose to see.  The One you claim to follow tells us that we are to not live by bread alone, but by EVERY WORD that proceeds from the Mouth of Yahweh - which has been Θεόπνευστη into the scriptures and the letters of the Testimony of the Gospel of the Kingdom of God and His Christ.  A book you reject as bogus depending on the parts you do not like in favor of your own desires and impressions you choose to see as God.  I would not be a bit surprised if you worship the creation as well as that which you claim.

I find it amusing you quote from a book of Thomas that also is quoted in Hindu writings and belief systems that tell them that their deities are found under rocks and in everything the eye sees.

If that makes me devil spawn in your eyes, I am sad for you...

Don't feign sadness for me in the effort to make yourself appear magnanimous and pious to others that read this thread.  You come preaching another gospel from the god of this Age and not from Him in whom you claim to follow.  You are not from the God you claim to worship - and you come with all manner of clever beguiling and human reasoning to deceive, if possible - the Elect of the Lord.  This is why we biblical Christians stand against what you state on this thread with the Sword of Truth that you have openly rejected.

You and your compatriot in this thread come preaching love and tolerance for the practice of evil and wickedness as a virtuous and good thing.   That alone condemns your own claims of whom you say you are from and whom you claim to worship. 

"And I will keep on doing what I am doing in order to cut the ground from under those who want an opportunity to be considered equal with us in the things they boast about. For such people are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve." - II Corinthians 11:12-15

That describes you in my estimation based on what you write here.

And as for what you write here in regards to God and religion, I'm not interested in all the 'knowledge' and 'wisdom' you ascribe for yourself.  I abhor it as easily as I do all pagans and their beliefs, and the Muslims and theirs.  I desire to only know Christ and Him crucified and you do not represent Him.  I am not impressed by all the knowledge and authors you claim to have gleaned wisdom for yourself, because in my estimation - thinking yourself wise - you have proven yourself a fool.  (Romans 1:21-22)
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
You have absolutely no understanding of the true mission of Yeshua/Jesus.  None.

You have condemned Him and His Fundamentalism to His Truth from His Word right here on this thread, and declared openly that the parts of the bible you do not like - are bogus.

The words of the fanatic,  colored by hubris.  Mesaclone's right - this is the attitude that leads man to slaughter his brother,  in the name of God or a secular equivalent.

What has been proposed on this thread is that Jesus preached a gospel of love and compassion, and that God cannot possibly, if He is indeed all-knowing, be arbitrarily cruel.  To the fanatic,  these notions must be denounced as satanic,  and the Bible twisted into a manual for the perpetuation of ancient prejudices, its words frozen and unyielding.

But Jesus lives,  and enters the hearts of those who listen.   Jesus is the antidote to fanaticism.

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The words of the fanatic,  colored by hubris.  Mesaclone's right - this is the attitude that leads man to slaughter his brother,  in the name of God or a secular equivalent.

What has been proposed on this thread is that Jesus preached a gospel of love and compassion, and that God cannot possibly, if He is indeed all-knowing, be arbitrarily cruel.  To the fanatic,  these notions must be denounced as satanic,  and the Bible twisted into a manual for the perpetuation of ancient prejudices, its words frozen and unyielding.

But Jesus lives,  and enters the hearts of those who listen.   Jesus is the antidote to fanaticism.

You call someone a fanatic for reading what is there, but won't wear the label for insisting your baseless interpretation of things is correct, against centuries of conventional interpretation? That you have the 'right' answer, but no one else does?
Point one finger, and you have three pointing back at you.
You are fanatical in your defense of government putting its stamp of approval on institutionalizing practices known in scripture as an 'abomination' and the stated reason for the removal of two cities from the face of the Earth. There are a host of medical reasons for opposing the practice as well, yet you proclaim it no different from using the human body as designed. The brothers doing the slaughter started it in a bath house and fanatically resisted intervention on their behalf to stop it. One million, three hundred thousand and counting.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

The words of the fanatic,  colored by hubris.  Mesaclone's right - this is the attitude that leads man to slaughter his brother,

The thing that leads to slaughter is when one faction imposes its moral code on the majority - not by allowing everyone a voice in choosing to use that morality to shape society, but instead by imposing that morality in tyrannical fashion upon the majority at the point of a gun.

You are repeatedly on record supporting the latter.

What has been proposed on this thread is that Jesus preached a gospel of love and compassion, and that God cannot possibly, if He is indeed all-knowing, be arbitrarily cruel.

I have yet to see anyone on this board suggest otherwise.

To the fanatic,  these notions must be denounced as satanic,  and the Bible twisted into a manual for the perpetuation of ancient prejudices, its words frozen and unyielding.

Strawman.   No one here is suggesting that those notions are satanic.  However, we do have one poster suggesting that the Old Testament account of God portrays Him as being cruel.  That would be the very poster you are defending.  Meanwhile, most of the remainder have challenged this premise - a recorded fact that you conveniently ignore.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

You have taken Projection and turned it into an Art Form, truly.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Mesaclone

The thing that leads to slaughter is when one faction imposes its moral code on the majority - not by allowing everyone a voice in choosing to use that morality to shape society, but instead by imposing that morality in tyrannical fashion upon the majority at the point of a gun.

You are repeatedly on record supporting the latter. No where on this thread has Jazz suggested such a thing.

I have yet to see anyone on this board suggest otherwise. Sure they have, some have asserted that god sends people to hell for eternity and other such nonsense. That is arbitrary and cruel, essentially the opposite of loving and rational. What we are really arguing about here, is INVAR's Brutal and Angry god vs a Loving and Rational deity. In both cases, men have imagined a god that falls within their understanding of a divine creator....as they are free to do...but choosing to believe in the evil/arbitrary deity defines the believer, not the deity.

Strawman.   No one here is suggesting that those notions are satanic.  However, we do have one poster suggesting that the Old Testament account of God portrays Him as being cruel.  That would be the very poster you are defending.  Meanwhile, most of the remainder have challenged this premise - a recorded fact that you conveniently ignore.
Wrong again, INVAR has warned other Christians IN THIS THREAD from hearing my "Satanic" words...you know words like "love", "forgiveness", and "kindness". As for the god of the Old Testament, the OT god is by any objective measure, savagely cruel...killing babies and children (Sodom/Gomorrah) and ordering the slaughter of the same in other places (Jericho/Against the Philistines), testing faith by ordering men to kill their own children, etcetera ad infinitum. Jazz has NOT ignored those challenges as you suggest, rather he has simply pointed out the rather deep intellectual inconsistencies in them.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 06:14:24 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Hoodat

Quote from: Hoodat
The thing that leads to slaughter is when one faction imposes its moral code on the majority - not by allowing everyone a voice in choosing to use that morality to shape society, but instead by imposing that morality in tyrannical fashion upon the majority at the point of a gun.  You are repeatedly on record supporting the latter.

No where on this thread has Jazz suggested such a thing.

Yes, he did.  In post 545 - Jazz says that Maryland marriage law should be imposed upon Ohio, but not the other way around.  And he supports doing it - not by legislature, but by the tyrannical fiat of five people in black robes.

The irony here is that he uses the catch phrase "equal protection" to defends his support of tyranny,  even though the only part here violating equal protection is the very outcome he champions.

Quote from: Hoodat
I have yet to see anyone on this board suggest otherwise.

Sure they have, some have asserted that god sends people to hell for eternity and other such nonsense. That is arbitrary and cruel, essentially the opposite of loving and rational. What we are really arguing about here, is INVAR's Brutal and Angry god vs a Loving and Rational deity. In both cases, men have imagined a god that falls within their understanding of a divine creator....as they are free to do...but choosing to believe in the evil/arbitrary deity defines the believer, not the deity.

Uh, no.  YOU were the one who brought it up.  YOU were the one offering the premise that God sends us to hell (just as you did here).  And several posters including myself challenged that premise.

Wrong again, INVAR has warned other Christians from hearing my Satanic words. And clearly, the OT god is cruel...killing babies and children (Sodom/Gomorrah) and ordering the slaughter of the same in other places (Jericho/Against the Philistines).

And here you are offering up that same premise once again.

Jazz has NOT ignored those challenges, he has simply pointed out the rather deep intellectual inconsistencies in them. [/b]

That's nice, but it has ZERO relevance to what I said.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Wrong again, INVAR has warned other Christians IN THIS THREAD from hearing my "Satanic" words...you know words like "love", "forgiveness", and "kindness".

Why do you have to lie and misconstrue what I said?  To create the impression that I consider words like 'love', 'forgiveness' and 'kindness' to be Satanic???  I said specifically: "No biblical Christian on this board should regard anything you have to say in matters pertaining to the bible, Jesus or Yahweh.  You are espousing doctrines of demons and preaching a gospel from the prince of the power of the air."

I consider the manner and way you pervert the truth of scripture to denounce God as Revealed in His Word and ascribe to Him evil, as Satanic.  Meanwhile you use the words of 'love', 'tolerance', 'forgiveness' and 'kindness' to promote and champion deviant, wicked and abominable behavior as good and virtuous thing.  As I said - you, like your father - transform yourself into an angel of light to declare good to be evil and to promote the evil as good.

Case-in-point:

As for the god of the Old Testament, the OT god is by any objective measure, savagely cruel...killing babies and children (Sodom/Gomorrah) and ordering the slaughter of the same in other places (Jericho/Against the Philistines), testing faith by ordering men to kill their own children, etcetera ad infinitum.

You have declared Elohim, Yahweh to be evil and cruel by your own measure and estimation, which simply proves the point made that you and most of the world HATE the God revealed in scripture.  Indeed it is why men sought to kill Yeshua to begin with and why much of the world will gather together to kill Him again when He returns and splits the Mount of Olives in two.

Given the mindset you so clearly display in this thread, you would gladly be at the head of the 200 million man army to call for His head.

Offline roamer_1

It has never been without the Book.
Yes, it has. Without a bible at least. It had the Jewish writings of the Old Testament, and absolutely nothing of the New...as it was either unwritten at the time or simply one of many early writings that various groups adhered to across the Mediterranean. So what you wrote is total baloney.

TORAH. Unchanging and always.
Torah is not the "biblos" that was assembled in the 3rd and 4th centuries...it was a small part of the larger work. Further, if a text "says" god says its infallible and can't be changed....that's still just a man writing what he believes god thinks/wants. Men wrote the books, not god, and their use of god to validate what they wrote is as unsurprising as it is non-credible. Again, you write MORE baloney. Try knowing your own "books" history for a change.

I am finding nothing here but projection.
You are finding what you brought with you to the discussion. Not uncommon, but rather foolish.

Gnosis... Knowlege... Do you know another word in the Greek with that meaning? Daimon... Demon.
Clearly, you are not an etymologist. The word Daimon is a Greek term referencing "spirit" or a "moving force", it does not mean knowledge nor does it refer to either a good or evil motive. Gnosis on the other hand, is simply a word for "knowledge" or "to know" or even "knowing". It is not related to Daimon, which is a truncation of Eudaimonia which means good "spiritedness". Christians saw pagans worshipping "good spirited forces" and used the word as a negative in referring to Pagan daemon. So you've taken two entirely unrelated things and sought to combine for effect...but you've failed because...well...you simply are incorrect in your understanding of both words.

How very convenient it must be to have nothing written in stone...
God doesn't write in stone, or ink. Men do. God writes in our hearts and in the very air around us. It can be convenient, but its also trying  because men often blind themselves to the god who is in and all around them. As for god's love, that is...metaphorically...written in stone and stamped on every atom. So its has a permanence that no book or doctrine can ever compete with.

Be careful who you listen to.
Good advice for all. Could not agree more. That includes of course, men who wrote books that were later collected into a "biblos", now called a bible. These fellows of the 2nd and 3rd centuries were plagued by the same failings, inadequacies, biases and foolishness as we are today. Worshipping their collection is idol worship....literally. The only one you should listen to is the voice of God in your heart and in the world around you...that is the true bible.

I will answer you (and everything past your post ) tomorrow

Shabbat Shalom.

Offline Mesaclone

No where on this thread has Jazz suggested such a thing.

Yes, he did.  In post 545 - Jazz says that Maryland marriage law should be imposed upon Ohio, but not the other way around.  And he supports doing it - not by legislature, but by the tyrannical fiat of five people in black robes.

The irony here is that he uses the catch phrase "equal protection" to defends his support of tyranny,  even though the only part here violating equal protection is the very outcome he champions.

Its not tyrannical in a Republic, for states to respect the laws of other states, nor to have a judiciary determine what is and is not established law. In fact, not doing so would be tyrannical, as we would be determining the significance of law in an arbitrary and power-centric fashion.

Sure they have, some have asserted that god sends people to hell for eternity and other such nonsense. That is arbitrary and cruel, essentially the opposite of loving and rational. What we are really arguing about here, is INVAR's Brutal and Angry god vs a Loving and Rational deity. In both cases, men have imagined a god that falls within their understanding of a divine creator....as they are free to do...but choosing to believe in the evil/arbitrary deity defines the believer, not the deity.

Uh, no.  YOU were the one who brought it up.  YOU were the one offering the premise that God sends us to hell (just as you did here).  And several posters including myself challenged that premise.

Keep it simple...just ask INVAR if hell is a real place. That will settle our disagreement on this issue.

And here you are offering up that same premise once again.

That's nice, but it has ZERO relevance to what I said.

Offline Mesaclone

Why do you have to lie and misconstrue what I said?  To create the impression that I consider words like 'love', 'forgiveness' and 'kindness' to be Satanic???  I said specifically: 1. "No biblical Christian on this board should regard anything you have to say in matters pertaining to the bible, Jesus or Yahweh.  You are espousing doctrines of demons and preaching a gospel from the prince of the power of the air."

I consider the manner and way you pervert the truth of scripture to denounce God as Revealed in His Word and ascribe to Him evil, as Satanic.  Meanwhile you use the words of 'love', 'tolerance', 'forgiveness' and 'kindness' to promote and champion deviant, wicked and abominable behavior as good and virtuous thing.  As I said - you, like your father - transform yourself into an angel of light to declare good to be evil and to promote the evil as good.

Case-in-point:

You have declared Elohim, Yahweh to be evil and cruel by your own measure and estimation, which simply proves the point made that you and most of the world HATE the God revealed in scripture. 2.  Indeed it is why men sought to kill Yeshua to begin with and why much of the world will gather together to kill Him again when He returns and splits the Mount of Olives in two.
3. Given the mindset you so clearly display in this thread, you would gladly be at the head of the 200 million man army to call for His head.

1. I espoused a loving, forgiving and kind deity...you proclaimed that to be a demonic doctrine that Christians should avoid. Seems pretty clear.

2. No, I've declared that your absurd version of Yahweh is that of an evil, capricious and arbitrary god. Since that is purely from your imagination and the imagination of some ancient writers...and thus not real...my only criticism is of a fake deity conjured up by the minds of men.  Nor can I lead an army against your fictional creation...and the real deity, the loving and rational god, needs no opposition nor would such opposition be effective. Silly notion altogether.

3. Your imaginary deity is quite theatrical...and absurd. Thank goodness the reality of god is rational, loving and forgiving....not the maniacal egomaniac you paint him to be.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 11:35:44 pm by Mesaclone »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Lost all trust in the Lord being rational the first time I got kneed in the crotch. No rational being would have designed us (or let us evolve) like that.

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Lost all trust in the Lord being rational the first time I got kneed in the crotch. No rational being would have designed us (or let us evolve) like that.

Next time he's putting them on your chin.

Offline Hoodat

Its not tyrannical in a Republic, for states to respect the laws of other states, nor to have a judiciary determine what is and is not established law.

Even if there is no Constitutional basis for it?  Because without basis, it's called 'tyranny'.

In fact, not doing so would be tyrannical, as we would be determining the significance of law in an arbitrary and power-centric fashion.

Interesting.  So according to you, if Oregon and Vermont do not respect California law by declaring all same-sex couples 'unmarried', then that's tyranny.  Likewise, if New York does not respect New Jersey law against pumping your own gas, then that's tyranny.  And if Massachusetts does not respect Texas law regarding open carry, then that's tyranny.

Interesting view of tyranny you have there.  But at least you have shown that the whole 'equal protection' spiel is complete crap since those supporting tyranny (e.g. Jazzhead) also want to be the arbiters of which state law gets imposed on which state and which state laws never get imposed.

Better yet, find me anywhere in the Constitution where the Federal judiciary gets to rule on any matter between a state and a citizen of that state.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
1. I espoused a loving, forgiving and kind deity...you proclaimed that to be a demonic doctrine that Christians should avoid. Seems pretty clear.

You espouse licentiousness for license and lawlessness as virtue and wickedness as kindness, love and forgiveness. You preach what is contrary to scripture, having denounced scripture itself and instead push the morality from the god of this age.

2. No, I've declared that your absurd version of Yahweh is that of an evil, capricious and arbitrary god.

Which is why I said no biblical Christian should regard anything you have to say in regards to the bible, God or Jesus.  You claim to be Christian and refer to other gods and paths to God which are antithetical to the scriptures and heretical to the faith once delivered.  You preach a gospel contrary to The Word and push what Satan teaches while disguising yourself as an angel of light.

As I said, your words reveal what spirit you are from.  Suffice it to conclude that you and I do not worship the same God, and my issue with you is that you come claiming Christ - and have revealed yourself to be anything but what you claim.  You claim Jesus is over there under the rock - over here in the inner room - over there inside your heart - and Jesus already answered such claims and to beware of people like you in Matthew 24:23-26
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 06:12:05 am by INVAR »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Mesaclone: I did not read your views closely, I would, without mentioning names, say most of those being critical of you, spoke down Trump, claim to have not voted for Trump from what I recollect and so they sought to further the abortion/Democrat agenda even though I know they'd deny this and it being inadvertent. I think you were supportive of Trump.

I know there is that quote in the Bible where Jesus says "I did not know you".

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Mesaclone: I did not read your views closely, I would, without mentioning names, say most of those being critical of you, spoke down Trump, claim to have not voted for Trump from what I recollect and so they sought to further the abortion/Democrat agenda even though I know they'd deny this and it being inadvertent. I think you were supportive of Trump.

I know there is that quote in the Bible where Jesus says "I did not know you".
Tom: you didn't read what was said,you won't mention names, BUT
You are trying to make this about an individual instead of a viewpoint
And you are trying to Strawman this into a Trump/nevertrump thing.

Troll much?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

It has never been without the Book.
Yes, it has. Without a bible at least. It had the Jewish writings of the Old Testament, and absolutely nothing of the New...as it was either unwritten at the time or simply one of many early writings that various groups adhered to across the Mediterranean. So what you wrote is total baloney.

Exactly wrong - You will note that the Tanakh was declared by Yeshua to be all about Him. And it is. Necessarily, Christianity can work out of the Tanakh (OT) just fine. That means, Jewish Bible, or the Protestant one, the message is the same.

As to your supposition that the Bible was a later assemblage in Christianity, such a notion is largely rubbish - Again, you must abuse the church fathers to make such a claim, as nearly the entirety of the Bible can be assembled from their quotes. Was there some contention? were there some places that had more than others? To be sure. That is simply the nature of something growing by way of distribution. And contention is the method of debate for a free people.

What makes your comments ludicrous is actually the adversity - Marcion was early on (c.150), and in order for him to reject the books he did, the books had to have been in widespread good standing, or there would have been no reason to reject them. The same with Montanism.

And while your contention necessarily stands upon Marcion, You can field no argument whatsoever to defend him, or the Gospel of Thomas, by any means other than what appears to be it's appeal in your eyes. It has *no* inter-connectivity with the four accepted gospels (which the four do have, in spades), in fact it stands outside of them entirely. It carries forward no themes from the Tanakh. in fact, it again, stands independent from those themes, and lastly, and PROFOUNDLY, it stands against Torah - The touchstone of authority. 

TORAH. Unchanging and always.
Torah is not the "biblos" that was assembled in the 3rd and 4th centuries...it was a small part of the larger work. Further, if a text "says" god says its infallible and can't be changed....that's still just a man writing what he believes god thinks/wants. Men wrote the books, not god, and their use of god to validate what they wrote is as unsurprising as it is non-credible. Again, you write MORE baloney. Try knowing your own "books" history for a change.

Oh but I DO know His Book. It is an oddity that I must rise to defend canon, because I extend beyond canon myself, with good reason. But defend it I will, as the Protestant Bible particularly has stood the test of time and every sort of assault. There is *no* book in history with more attribution, more claim on authenticity. If anything is to be agreed upon, particularly as the work of a god, it is those books. To defy the continuity across millenia, often carried by it's opposition in contention, often assaulted beyond all measure, only to survive again and again, is simply put, beyond incredulous.

And as to your claim that a mere man wrote them, particularly Torah, I would invite you to examine the forms of encryption present in the text which guard it (literally to the letter in Torah), and explain to me how such an ingenious thing could be created by scribes of antiquity, not to mention created at all. Even computers fail at subliminal encryption while keeping the text above not only readable and contextual, but actually beautiful and prosaic. It is extraordinary mathematics beyond all hope of explanation this side of the supernatural.

In my attempts to prove against the Bible, I have read the works of every religion possible, to include the oracles and prophets of every god I could get my hands upon. I have gone deep into occult knowledge (enochian, hermetic, druidic), gnostic knowledge (Jewish, Greek, and Roman), and have become familiar with every sort of esoteric literature. I have never seen encryption like in kind, or of ANY kind, in any other book. Nor have I ever seen such brilliant continuity.

There is no doubt in my mind that Torah is supernaturally inspired. Proven.
And it does not end with Torah (albeit more so therewith). The whole of the Bible contains such things. Study the heptatic structures within the NT and show me the like of it anywhere else.

Gnosis... Knowlege... Do you know another word in the Greek with that meaning? Daimon... Demon.
Clearly, you are not an etymologist. The word Daimon is a Greek term referencing "spirit" or a "moving force", it does not mean knowledge nor does it refer to either a good or evil motive. Gnosis on the other hand, is simply a word for "knowledge" or "to know" or even "knowing". It is not related to Daimon, which is a truncation of Eudaimonia which means good "spiritedness". Christians saw pagans worshipping "good spirited forces" and used the word as a negative in referring to Pagan daemon. So you've taken two entirely unrelated things and sought to combine for effect...but you've failed because...well...you simply are incorrect in your understanding of both words.

demon (n.) Look up demon at Dictionary.com
    c. 1200, from Latin daemon "spirit," from Greek daimon "deity, divine power; lesser god; guiding spirit, tutelary deity" (sometimes including souls of the dead); "one's genius, lot, or fortune;" from PIE *dai-mon- "divider, provider" (of fortunes or destinies), from root *da- "to divide" (see tide (n.)).

Used (with daimonion) in Christian Greek translations and Vulgate for "god of the heathen" and "unclean spirit." Jewish authors earlier had employed the Greek word in this sense, using it to render shedim "lords, idols" in the Septuagint, and Matthew viii.31 has daimones, translated as deofol in Old English, feend or deuil in Middle English. Another Old English word for this was hellcniht, literally "hell-knight."

The original mythological sense is sometimes written daemon for purposes of distinction. The Demon of Socrates was a daimonion, a "divine principle or inward oracle." His accusers, and later the Church Fathers, however, represented this otherwise. The Demon Star (1895) is Algol.

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=demon

In fact, it does also refer to one's genius. To the inner voice. Knowledge by epiphany. In the occultic sense, knowledge and the demon that gives it, are intertwined.

How very convenient it must be to have nothing written in stone...
God doesn't write in stone, or ink. Men do. God writes in our hearts and in the very air around us. It can be convenient, but its also trying  because men often blind themselves to the god who is in and all around them. As for god's love, that is...metaphorically...written in stone and stamped on every atom. So its has a permanence that no book or doctrine can ever compete with.

Alright. PROVE IT. Define it.
You can't, because in this case, there is no guideline, no establishment, no literal communication to be referred. Again, how convenient. It is so polymorphous that it can be anything to anyone. So what you really seem to define is again, 'Do as thou wilt'.

Be careful who you listen to.
Good advice for all. Could not agree more. That includes of course, men who wrote books that were later collected into a "biblos", now called a bible. These fellows of the 2nd and 3rd centuries were plagued by the same failings, inadequacies, biases and foolishness as we are today. Worshipping their collection is idol worship....literally. The only one you should listen to is the voice of God in your heart and in the world around you...that is the true bible.

What you say would be true except in your case, truth is whatever YOU say it is.

We don't worship the Bible. We worship the God who wrote it.
A provable God.
A definable God.
A god so sure of himself that he wrote it all down. What he says will be WILL BE. And he told us all, from the beginning.
Legitimate, proven, and unchanging.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 05:01:39 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline roamer_1

No.  It's not nice.

Look around - the consequences of that Gnostic/Daimon is everywhere in the world.  Misery.  Suffering.  Confusion.  Deviancy.   The vilest oppressions and genocides being perpetrated by similar 'superior' intellects that loft the human passions and reasonings as the be-all, end-all pursuit of utopia.   The devolution of our own culture is a direct result of the gnostic/Hindu/Humanist/Buddhist/Atheist mindset whereby they pick and choose and decide that they are of themselves god and determine their own morality based on their passions and views.   The results being the stupidity that is being protected in law that now decree that people can determine their own gender regardless of what plumbing they are born with.

Mescalone will tell us to follow the god of our own heart, but you and I know that is of Satan - for it is Written: "The human heart is the most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked. Who can know it?" - Jer. 17:9

Brilliantly stated - I couldn't agree more!

Proverbs 14:12  There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. (KJV)

Offline roamer_1

The vast majority of horrors in this world have been committed by religious fanatics...those who claim only they know the will of god through their "holy book". Sound familiar.

False. Men who corrupt religion to realize power will just as easily corrupt government, or philosophy, or business, or any other means to their end. And they have.

No...terror in this modern age has come from the religious fundamentalists of the planet...men who KNOW they worship the god the RIGHT way, and believe their views should be imposed on everyone else. Kinda like you want your views enshrined in our governance....a milder strain, no doubt, of the kind of fanaticism that has cost so many lives this past century.

Funny that you would mention the last century particularly, where the godless have held sway. Countless millions trodden under the foot of communism, and countless millions more killed in the womb by the progressives in the west.

Look to your own house.

Offline Hoodat

Troll much?

Ditto.

And for the record, Jesus' comment about not knowing someone was made to people who were utilizing the anointing (i.e. prophesy, deliverance, healing).  They got B through Z, but didn't get A.  I hate it when people take this out of context.

Seek first the kingdom of God . . .

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Exactly wrong - You will note that the Tanakh was declared by Yeshua to be all about Him. And it is. Necessarily, Christianity can work out of the Tanakh (OT) just fine. That means, Jewish Bible, or the Protestant one, the message is the same.

As to your supposition that the Bible was a later assemblage in Christianity, such a notion is largely rubbish - Again, you must abuse the church fathers to make such a claim, as nearly the entirety of the Bible can be assembled from their quotes. Was there some contention? were there some places that had more than others? To be sure. That is simply the nature of something growing by way of distribution. And contention is the method of debate for a free people.

What makes your comments ludicrous is actually the adversity - Marcion was early on (c.150), and in order for him to reject the books he did, the books had to have been in widespread good standing, or there would have been no reason to reject them. The same with Montanism.

And while your contention necessarily stands upon Marcion, You can field no argument whatsoever to defend him, or the Gospel of Thomas, by any means other than what appears to be it's appeal in your eyes. It has *no* inter-connectivity with the four accepted gospels (which the four do have, in spades), in fact it stands outside of them entirely. It carries forward no themes from the Tanakh. in fact, it again, stands independent from those themes, and lastly, and PROFOUNDLY, it stands against Torah - The touchstone of authority. 

Oh but I DO know His Book. It is an oddity that I must rise to defend canon, because I extend beyond canon myself, with good reason. But defend it I will, as the Protestant Bible particularly has stood the test of time and every sort of assault. There is *no* book in history with more attribution, more claim on authenticity. If anything is to be agreed upon, particularly as the work of a god, it is those books. To defy the continuity across millenia, often carried by it's opposition in contention, often assaulted beyond all measure, only to survive again and again, is simply put, beyond incredulous.

And as to your claim that a mere man wrote them, particularly Torah, I would invite you to examine the forms of encryption present in the text which guard it (literally to the letter in Torah), and explain to me how such an ingenious thing could be created by scribes of antiquity, not to mention created at all. Even computers fail at subliminal encryption while keeping the text above not only readable and contextual, but actually beautiful and prosaic. It is extraordinary mathematics beyond all hope of explanation this side of the supernatural.

In my attempts to prove against the Bible, I have read the works of every religion possible, to include the oracles and prophets of every god I could get my hands upon. I have gone deep into occult knowledge (enochian, hermetic, druidic), gnostic knowledge (Jewish, Greek, and Roman), and have become familiar with every sort of esoteric literature. I have never seen encryption like in kind, or of ANY kind, in any other book. Nor have I ever seen such brilliant continuity.

There is no doubt in my mind that Torah is supernaturally inspired. Proven.
And it does not end with Torah (albeit more so therewith). The whole of the Bible contains such things. Study the heptatic structures within the NT and show me the like of it anywhere else.

demon (n.) Look up demon at Dictionary.com
    c. 1200, from Latin daemon "spirit," from Greek daimon "deity, divine power; lesser god; guiding spirit, tutelary deity" (sometimes including souls of the dead); "one's genius, lot, or fortune;" from PIE *dai-mon- "divider, provider" (of fortunes or destinies), from root *da- "to divide" (see tide (n.)).

Used (with daimonion) in Christian Greek translations and Vulgate for "god of the heathen" and "unclean spirit." Jewish authors earlier had employed the Greek word in this sense, using it to render shedim "lords, idols" in the Septuagint, and Matthew viii.31 has daimones, translated as deofol in Old English, feend or deuil in Middle English. Another Old English word for this was hellcniht, literally "hell-knight."

The original mythological sense is sometimes written daemon for purposes of distinction. The Demon of Socrates was a daimonion, a "divine principle or inward oracle." His accusers, and later the Church Fathers, however, represented this otherwise. The Demon Star (1895) is Algol.

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=demon

In fact, it does also refer to one's genius. To the inner voice. Knowledge by epiphany. In the occultic sense, knowledge and the demon that gives it, are intertwined.

Alright. PROVE IT. Define it.
You can't, because in this case, there is no guideline, no establishment, no literal communication to be referred. Again, how convenient. It is so polymorphous that it can be anything to anyone. So what you really seem to define is again, 'Do as thou wilt'.

What you say would be true except in your case, truth is whatever YOU say it is.

We don't worship the Bible. We worship the God who wrote it.
A provable God.
A definable God.
A god so sure of himself that he wrote it all down. What he says will be WILL BE. And he told us all, from the beginning.
Legitimate, proven, and unchanging.

That was amazing.  I expect all of that will be waved off and attempted to be debunked by him who worships another god and pushes that as the one and only true God - but do know that your brilliant defense against his charges was of benefit to those of us who believe the scriptures are God-Breathed and identify Him.  As you rightfully and eloquently noted - scripture contains spiritual principles that do NOT come from the mind of man.   As a former Atheist, it was my silly attempt to prove scripture bogus that led me to see the truth of God's Spirit having inspired it to be written.  And as Jesus prayed in the Garden for us in John 15 - we can clearly see that His prayer for us who would be called by the Testimony of the Apostles and the Scriptures has indeed been answered just as Paul told the Corinthians:

Rather, as it is written: “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no heart has imagined, what God has prepared for those who love Him.” But God has revealed it to us by the Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.…"  I Corinthians 2:9-10

It has been revealed to us in His Word, through His Spirit, those deep things of God.  Not from rocks, trees or philosophers of men.

Offline Hoodat

As you rightfully and eloquently noted - scripture contains spiritual principles that do NOT come from the mind of man.   As a former Atheist, it was my silly attempt to prove scripture bogus that led me to see the truth of God's Spirit having inspired it to be written.  And as Jesus prayed in the Garden for us in John 15 - we can clearly see that His prayer for us who would be called by the Testimony of the Apostles and the Scriptures has indeed been answered just as Paul told the Corinthians:

Rather, as it is written: “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no heart has imagined, what God has prepared for those who love Him.” But God has revealed it to us by the Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.…"  I Corinthians 2:9-10

It has been revealed to us in His Word, through His Spirit, those deep things of God.  Not from rocks, trees or philosophers of men.

But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

Jeremiah 31:33

Offline roamer_1

2. No, I've declared that your absurd version of Yahweh is that of an evil, capricious and arbitrary god.

Quite to the contrary. The capricious god is the ephemeral one. The lawless one.

YHWH is anything but capricious. Every single thing is defined and established.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Troll much?

One thing I can say, I don't say nasty vulgar things to people just because I have a disagreement with them.

Troll much, No. But that's your style.  And a step up from the nastiness in the past; but I guess anyone can say anything behind  a keyboard.

No, Christianity and what is Christian is on-topic here.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 05:43:14 pm by TomSea »