Author Topic: Trump to have dinner with Supreme Court justices (Update-Rescheduled)  (Read 1175 times)

Online corbe

Trump to have dinner with Supreme Court justices

by Caitlin Yilek | Apr 23, 2017, 12:41 PM

President Trump will be having dinner with Supreme Court justices Thursday.

Trump's newly confirmed Supreme Court pick Neil Gorsuch is expected to join. It's not clear if all of the other eight Supreme Court justices plan to attend.

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was critical of Trump throughout the presidential campaign. Trump called for her resignation after she questioned how he had gotten away with not releasing his tax returns.

The dinner comes the same day Argentine President Mauricio Macri is making an official visit to the White House.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-to-have-dinner-with-supreme-court-justices/article/2621019

« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 02:52:04 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

Re: Trump to have dinner with Supreme Court justices
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 05:13:40 pm »
   WoW, This is certainly 'unexpected' and probably unprecedented, RBG should bring her food taster with her.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 05:17:50 pm »
Dining on Meat Loaf?

Online corbe

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 05:22:44 pm »
   Shamelessly stolen from a freeper.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 05:23:15 pm »
All nine should JUST SAY NO

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 05:24:19 pm »
Why is meatloaf a joke?  I love meatloaf, especially if accompanied by smashed taters.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online corbe

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 05:24:52 pm »
   I'll put $20 on Alito being a no call no show.

Online corbe

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2017, 05:26:27 pm »
Why is meatloaf a joke?  I love meatloaf, especially if accompanied by smashed taters.

Trump basically forced Christy to eat meatloaf at a sit down a couple of months ago, being that Romney had finished all the Crow earlier.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2017, 05:52:50 pm »
All nine should JUST SAY NO

Yes, I agree.  What good purpose would be served by doing so?

Wingnut

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2017, 05:56:26 pm »
Yes, I agree.  What good purpose would be served by doing so?

They could play strip poker and the pose for a photo.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2017, 06:16:04 pm »
   Trump basically forced Christy to eat meatloaf at a sit down a couple of months ago, being that Romney had finished all the Crow earlier.

I know about that but I seriously doubt that anyone had to force Christy to eat anything whatever.

I'm only worried about the reputation of meatloaf.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2017, 06:52:19 pm »
I suspect Gorsuch and his wife were under the impression they were well rid of this pervert's company.

Online corbe

Re: Trump to have dinner with Supreme Court justices (Update-Rescheduled)
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2017, 02:53:34 am »
Trump reschedules dinner with Supreme Court justices

By Brandon Carter - 04/23/17 08:28 PM EDT

President Trump planned to have dinner with the justices of the Supreme Court on Thursday evening, but the White House said Sunday evening the event will take place on a future date because of scheduling conflicts.

Newly confirmed Justice Neil Gorsuch was slated to attend, but it was not clear which of the eight other justices might be present.
Trump’s successful nomination of Gorsuch to the court is seen as a key accomplishment of his first 100 days in office, as he made good on a major promise of his campaign to fill the vacant seat left by Justice Antonin Scalia.

Presidents hosting Supreme Court justices for dinner isn’t unusual.

Presidents Hayes, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Eisenhower and Carter all hosted members
of the Court at the White House. More recently, President  George W. Bush and his wife hosted members of the Court for a dinner in 2008.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/330161-trump-will-host-dinner-for-supreme-court-justices

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2017, 03:00:27 am »
corbe wrote:
"RBG should bring her food taster with her..."

Durn it, corbe, you stole my thunder!
That's the first thing that came to my mind when I read the thread title!

Online corbe

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2017, 03:02:38 am »
   Great Minds and all that, the early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2017, 05:50:03 am »
   I'll put $20 on Alito being a no call no show.
The smart money is on whether Ginsberg will be able to stay awake, and which course(s) she'll nod through...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis