Author Topic: GOP lawmakers in North Carolina introduce bill to restore ban on same-sex marriage  (Read 48723 times)

Offline roamer_1

What I object to is this notion that the State should enforce the fundamentalists' view of "Biblical morality" even when it causes real harm to good folks who seek to be faithful and true to one another.     

So you want the land to spit us out... Think carefully... It isn't a pleasant process.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
So you want the land to spit us out... Think carefully... It isn't a pleasant process.

Ever notice Jazz has no problem with the State enforcement of the Liberal agenda?  He only takes issue and has a problem with the State enforcing anything when it's even the least bit Conservative or Constitutional.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 05:49:52 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline roamer_1

Ever notice Jazz has no problem with the State enforcement of the Liberal agenda?  He only takes issue and has a problem with the State enforcing anything when it's even the least bit Conservative or Constitutional.

Tyranny is but the first step in a long painful road as the land spits us out.
Those who do not know history are doomed to repeat it.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Tyranny is but the first step in a long painful road as the land spits us out.
Those who do not know history are doomed to repeat it.

:amen:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

The Constitution's equal protection of the law is not a "liberal agenda".   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline roamer_1

This has nothing whatsoever to do with equal protection under the law.
This has to do with legalizing depravity... Depravity under the color of law.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Live your life in accordance with your beliefs, roamer.   I can't say that you're wrong.

I don't believe God makes mistakes,  and I believe just as strongly that He will not punish a person who neither practices adultery nor immorality, but only seeks to be faithful and true to the one he/she loves.

And you can't say that I'm wrong.     

Offline musiclady

If you believe that the Bible says that homosexuality is a sin,  then don't practice it.  Or, if God made you gay (as He most certainly has for a small percentage of us), deny who you are for the rest of your life, and hope He rewards you for your self-flagellating piety.

If the foregoing describes you, then you're not a self-righteous Bible thumper.   You're a self-righteous Bible thumper when you insist that the State enforce a fundamentalist view of "Biblical morality" even when it causes real harm to good folks who seek to be faithful and true to one another.     

In the first place, it's idiotic to call people who believe in obedience to the laws of God "self-righteous" while you extol the virtues of making up the rules yourself, thus being truly self righteous.

In the second place, I agree with those who call you a liberal when you agree with the federal government's dictating its morality to the states while disallowing North Carolina to make these decisions for itself.

There's some kind of bitterness in your vocabulary that describes Christians, @Jazzhead, such as your drippingly condescending description of one who CHOOSES to obey God's law as "self-flagellating piety."  Many heterosexuals who never marry practice Biblical morality and chastity their entire lives.  It's pretty arrogant for you to attack every single person who doesn't agree with your FEELINGS about morality, and is being obedient to God's laws, heteros and homosexuals both.

If anyone in this discussion is self-righteous, it's you.   The armchair psychologist in me says that someone who was a Christian hurt you in the past and you're vengeful against everyone of us  because of your own past pain.

Of course, I'm just guessing, but your arrogance and pride is coming from somewhere, and that's as good a guess as any..... :shrug:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
This has nothing whatsoever to do with equal protection under the law.
This has to do with legalizing depravity... Depravity under the color of law.

A lifetime monogamous, committed relationship based on love is not depravity.   There are many Christians in such relationships, both straight and gay.

Offline roamer_1

Live your life in accordance with your beliefs, roamer.   I can't say that you're wrong.

I don't believe God makes mistakes,  and I believe just as strongly that He will not punish a person who neither practices adultery nor immorality, but only seeks to be faithful and true to the one he/she loves.

And you can't say that I'm wrong.   

Oh, but I can say that you're wrong. The Bible directly and distinctly notes the judgement process.
But that is not the point here:

You are taking this on a personal basis, and extending the result to judgement day...
I am just trying to stop our nation from being spit out of the land RIGHT NOW.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

It is when you use it to cover things it was never written to cover or you abuse it's original intended purpose.

It has very much become a part of the Liberal agenda.

Offline roamer_1

A lifetime monogamous, committed relationship based on love is not depravity.   There are many Christians in such relationships, both straight and gay.

I loved my horse. I was faithful to him as long as he was alive, and mourned his passing for years.
But you know what? We never had sex. Go figger.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
A lifetime monogamous, committed relationship based on love is not depravity.

Leviticus 18:22 "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."

Who's right you...or God?

There are many Christians in such relationships, both straight and gay.

And so called gay "Christians" are living in direct violation of what is taught in the Bible.  If they want the salvation they supposedly seek then they need to quit doing what the Bible teaches us is wrong...same as any sinner.

Offline Hoodat

You keep repeating this falsehood.  Please explain how Ohio marriage law, or California, Vermont, Oregon, etc. violates equal protection?  Once again, what equal protection is being violated?

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

A lifetime monogamous, committed relationship based on love is not depravity.

But we're not talking about lifetime monogamous committed relationships here.  We are talking about the tyranny of five people wearing black robes usurping the power of the legislature - state or federal - or even the power of the people through direct referendum from establishing marriage laws within the confines of the Constitution of the United States of America.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

Who's right you...or God?

Hos 4:6  My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children. 
Hos 4:7  As they were increased, so they sinned against me: therefore will I change their glory into shame. 
Hos 4:8  They eat up the sin of my people, and they set their heart on their iniquity. 
Hos 4:9  And there shall be, like people, like priest: and I will punish them for their ways, and reward them their doings. 
Hos 4:10  For they shall eat, and not have enough: they shall commit whoredom, and shall not increase: because they have left off to take heed to the LORD. 
Hos 4:11  Whoredom and wine and new wine take away the heart. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
That's a question for God and God alone.   Your job is to mind your own damn business.   This is not adultery or promiscuity, which damage lives.  There is no immorality here.   No harm to anyone is caused by a couple remaining faithful and true to one another.   
That is where you are so wrong.

Matthew 18:15-18 ESV
“If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses. If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector. Truly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Ezekiel 33:7-12 ESV
So you, son of man, I have made a watchman for the house of Israel. Whenever you hear a word from my mouth, you shall give them warning from me. If I say to the wicked, O wicked one, you shall surely die, and you do not speak to warn the wicked to turn from his way, that wicked person shall die in his iniquity, but his blood I will require at your hand. But if you warn the wicked to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, that person shall die in his iniquity, but you will have delivered your soul. “And you, son of man, say to the house of Israel, Thus have you said: ‘Surely our transgressions and our sins are upon us, and we rot away because of them. How then can we live?’ Say to them, As I live, declares the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live; turn back, turn back from your evil ways, for why will you die, O house of Israel?

We have an obligation to tell you. My obligation, as have the obligations of so many here who have tried to reprove you, has been met, and yet out of love for another whom we have not even met, we try to steer you from wickedness.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Horseshit.   This has nothing to do with skin color or gender.  This has to do with BEHAVIOR.

I fully expect you to excoriate Christians who decry Beastiality marriages and Pedophile marriages when those perverted lifestyles are said to be a "right" by morons in black robes.

You'll throw out the 'equal protection' clause for each and every perversion and tell us that if we do not believe in having sex with animals or children, then don't do it.  But mind our own business as those agendas also begin suing Christians out of business for refusing to celebrate their perversions also.

Sick begets more depravity and people like you who pretend to be Christians (but are not) will cheer it on.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Ever notice how @txradioguy is always able to understand and psychoanalyze the motives of others.

What a guy.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
The homosexual agenda never will.  They will impose their behavior - to be accepted and celebrated by law, and by force if they see fit. That is the nature of that sin and the nature of those that promote it.

Isn't that exactly what you are doing?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Ever notice how @txradioguy is always able to understand and psychoanalyze the motives of others.

What a guy.

It's not really a gift...but it's close.  Liberal hypocrisy and Liberal BS is always easy to sniff out.

Jazzy doesn't even try to pretend he's not a Liberal anymore...his sole mission here seems to be trying...and failing to shame Conservative's for seeing homosexuality for what it is...for understanding that the 14th Amendment doesn't provide Constitutional cover for gay "marriage"...and for not buying into any of his DU-esque talking points or his totally warped view of what is and isn't sin.

What I don't get is why you're defending him?  Guess you decided to play the contrarian and on this issue as well.

Offline roamer_1

Isn't that exactly what you are doing?

In the words of Bob Dylan, 'You've Got to Serve Somebody'...
Just a generation gone by, the Judeo-Christian Ethic was not considered to be an imposition.

The question is, if we will not hearken to the will of Yah, who are we hearkening to instead?

It seems, 'do as thou wilt.'

Offline DiogenesLamp

Jesus.  Single guy, never married...hangs out at wild parties with the "bad kids"...turns water into wine...loves weddings...sensitive and touchy feely...hangs around with 12 other fellas wherever he goes. You do the math. Catcher or pitcher...who knows.

Yes,  i've heard the claims made by the Homosexual history revisionists.  According to them,  everyone in History was homosexual,  but does comparing Jesus to Homosexuals serve any purpose beyond insulting what people believe?   Do you regard it as a valid debate technique?   I don't see any benefit to you from making such a comparison. 

Probably the most stereotyped essay of ignorance I've ever read as regards the "homosexual lifestyle".

You've read a lot of them?  I certainly have.  It rings true on it's own merits.  Boys attracted to boys with everybody having male sex drive?   It's pretty much a non stop orgy.   

What would you define as the "heterosexual lifestyle"?

"Normal." 

The truth is, your statistics are made up...and your grouping of all homosexuals into a singular "lifestyle" is ludicrous. Comical even, if it weren't so dangerous in the way it dehumanizes a whole class of people. Gays make up a very small percentage of people in general, so the fact those among them who ARE monogamous choose to sanctify their union on a permanent bases hardly impacts other married persons or society. In fact, given your absurd assertion that they all have thousands of lovers...I'd think you'd favor a method for imposing monogamy on such terrible "fornicators".

Well the method used prior to the 1960s was to lock them up in mental institutions.  Sure would have saved millions of lives had we simply continued to do this rather than to allow them to spread AIDS so far and wide.   

For the record,  In the 1980s,  I was very much in favor of quarantining anyone who caught the AIDS virus.  A lot of innocent people died so that the perverts could have their fun.     
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

With all due respect, I rather doubt you have much knowledge about living in the '"gay" community' because your descriptions match only a small minority of that community.

And you know this description "match only a small minority of that community"  how?   Where do you get your knowledge of Homosexual behavior?   I've read several books on the subject,  several medical/research reports,  and I've spoken with them and seen quite a bit of it with my own eyes.   

I've read homosexuals writing about their own activities, preferences,  beliefs and attitudes.  Should I not believe what they say?   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Only idiots who would send their kids to NAMBLA conventions.

They have forced their perversion into our lives, that is enough reason to fight back.

Do homosexuals harm other people by their behavior? 

Does anyone remember this little girl?

Many of you may not be aware that Mother "Cher"  left her in the care of a Lesbian baby sitter while "Cher"  went on tour around the world.   What "Cher"  didn't know was that this Lesbian baby sitter was molesting her little girl while "Cher"  was on tour.   

Did it cause any harm?   

Well,  little Chastity never had any children,  and has now convinced herself she needs to look like this. 

— Lord Melbourne —