Author Topic: GOP lawmakers in North Carolina introduce bill to restore ban on same-sex marriage  (Read 48787 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Of course we're all sinners.   But the couple that is faithful and true to each other has not sinned.   And it is a disgrace to accuse one falsely of sin.   

If it's a straight couple then you're correct.

If you're referring to a homosexual couple...you're wrong.

That is sin in the Old as well as the New Testament.  You can spin this and try to sugar coat it all you want to...but at the end of the day you're still wrong and that is still a sin.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Hoodat

Yes,  this.   Infidelity is the sin,  faithlessness is the sin.

@Jazzhead

It is noticeable that you still cannot come up with a Constitutional basis for Obergefell.

A loving and faithful couple that are true to each other through thick and thin are following in the path of the Lord - their sexual orientation is irrelevant.

What is your basis for this statement?  It certainly did not come from the Bible.

The Bible thumpers wouldn't recognize Jesus if He returns tomorrow.

What makes you think He isn't here already?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

The Bible thumpers wouldn't recognize Jesus if He returns tomorrow.   

We 'bible thumpers' will recognize and know the moment Jesus starts His return if we are alive.

The rest of the world.... not so much.

"So if they tell you, ‘There He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here He is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. For just as lightning comes from the east and flashes as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man". - Matthew 24: 26-27
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Night Hides Not

@Jazzhead

It is noticeable that you still cannot come up with a Constitutional basis for Obergefell.

What is your basis for this statement?  It certainly did not come from the Bible.

What makes you think He isn't here already?

I see Him nearly every time I look into my grandson's eyes. I just don't focus on that as much as I should.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I see Him nearly every time I look into my grandson's eyes. I just don't focus on that as much as I should.

Probably the wisest thing said in thread.  :beer:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
This morning as I was meditating on the Lord this came to me.

People who promote homosexuality as accepted by the Lord are like a child who has broken his mothers favorite vase.  The child quickly picks the pieces up and glues them together hoping that all anyone will see is a whole vase.  The more people look and don't see the cracks the more confident the child becomes that he has hidden it well.

A church who teaches that parts of the Bible can be omitted because its offensive to some is almost the same but not.  They are a broken vessel but they don't even try to hide it.  It is not just cracks but gaping holes in Gods Word.  I feel so sorry for Gods children who seek wisdom with these people of sin.  They are not teachers and the judgment will be severe for them.

I am telling you that in Romans God says because they did not choose Him they were given over to their sins.  They were not born like this.  God does not create broken vessels.  He creates wholeness.  He is not the author of sin and death, the devil is.

Further in Hebrews we see that we have grace to cover our sins and none of us are perfect but we are perfected in Gods love and grace.  Paul says but should we continue in sin,..........NO!  We should not.  If we come to the Lord believing that he can fix the brokenness of sin and death we will be saved. He is the potter and we are the clay.  Can the potter make the vase beautiful again.  Yes, but if we merely hid the cracks and pretend we are whole there is no hope in Jesus.

Hiding the cracks and pretending sin is OK is denying the power of the blood Jesus shed.  We cannot change by our own but through Christ Jesus we are free.  We are able to overcome.

Don't believe the false teachers who's church is broken.  These are the churches that are referred to in Revelations.  Read Revelations 2-3 and you will find Gods warnings for the church who follows immorality.  Lukewarm.  Neither hot or cold God will spew you out.

And I say this in love.  People must return to faith in Christ to heal broken lives.  They cannot hide their cracks although many try.  Not just the sexual immoral but churches are filled with people who hide.  You cannot hide from God.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
We 'bible thumpers' will recognize and know the moment Jesus starts His return if we are alive.

Hubris.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
If it's a straight couple then you're correct.

If you're referring to a homosexual couple...you're wrong.

That is sin in the Old as well as the New Testament.  You can spin this and try to sugar coat it all you want to...but at the end of the day you're still wrong and that is still a sin.

That's a question for God and God alone.   Your job is to mind your own damn business.   This is not adultery or promiscuity, which damage lives.  There is no immorality here.   No harm to anyone is caused by a couple remaining faithful and true to one another.   

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
That's a question for God and God alone.   Your job is to mind your own damn business.   This is not adultery or promiscuity, which damage lives.  There is no immorality here. 

And God has already spoken on this.  I and others are merely reminding you of what he has said.

What you are defending is the definition if immorality and attempting to sugar coat it under the guise of monogamy is ridiculous on it's face.

No harm to anyone is caused by a couple remaining faithful and true to one another.   

So you say.  You're just trying to put the latest Liberal spin on what the majority of the people know is wrong and not normal.

But then with that statement aren't you doing what you accuse us of by claiming to know what God thinks?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
This morning as I was meditating on the Lord this came to me.

Interesting analogy. If you wish to consider this further and deeper, I suggest looking at kintsugi. Although Japanese, it is safe to google.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Your job is to mind your own damn business.

The homosexual agenda never will.  They will impose their behavior - to be accepted and celebrated by law, and by force if they see fit. That is the nature of that sin and the nature of those that promote it.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Hubris.

So I guess Jesus' own words in Matthew 24 that I quoted - you cannot comprehend at all.

To be expected since your god is your own imagination and not what is plainly Written.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The homosexual agenda never will.  They will impose their behavior - to be accepted and celebrated by law, and by force if they see fit. That is the nature of that sin and the nature of those that promote it.

Funny thing is...most of us WANT to mind our own business...it's the Gay mafia and their agenda that they keep shoving in our faces that won't let 97% of America do just what jazzy demands....which is mind our own business.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Funny thing is...most of us WANT to mind our own business...it's the Gay mafia and their agenda that they keep shoving in our faces that won't let 97% of America do just what jazzy demands....which is mind our own business.

If you read what Jazzy advocates, it is the demand that everyone see homosexuals and their behavior as good, virtuous, holy and right.  If you believe the Scriptures and what God's Word plainly tells us what God thinks of that behavior - then Jazzy will declare you to be a disgusting hubris bigot and worse - and advocates what the Gay Mafia demands -  that biblical Christians be silenced and punished for their refusal to embrace their sinful lifestyle as good and normal.

Offline Hoodat

That's a question for God and God alone.

Yet it doesn't stop you from passing moral judgment.  Go figure.

Your job is to mind your own damn business.

The Constitution of the United States of America IS my business.  And you have shown repeatedly that you are an enemy of it.

If you were honest, you would openly admit that there is no Constitutional basis for Obergefell.  That is, if you were honest.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

I picture Jesus looking like a young Billy Crystal.  Always wondered why He looks Italian in all the paintings.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
If you read what Jazzy advocates, it is the demand that everyone see homosexuals and their behavior as good, virtuous, holy and right.

Homosexuals are good and bad, just like everyone else.   I am disgusted by the bathhouse denizens, just as I am by Christians who cheat on their wives.   But I'll say it again - there is nothing immoral or sinful for two people to be faithful and true to one another.   And I am sick and tired of self-righteous Bible thumpers slandering good folks.   Tend to your own house. 
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 04:34:17 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline Hoodat

But I'll say it again - there is nothing immoral or sinful for two people to be faithful and true to one another.

That's really beautiful, and all.  But what does that have to do with the right of the State of North Carolina - or California, or Oregon, or Vermont for that matter - to establish it's own laws regulating of marriage within the confines of the US Constitution?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Homosexuals are good and bad, just like everyone else.   I am disgusted by the bathhouse denizens, just as I am by Christians who cheat on their wives.   But I'll say it again - there is nothing immoral or sinful for two people to be faithful and true to one another.   And I am sick and tired of self-righteous Bible thumpers slandering good folks.   Tend to your own house.

We are too susceptible to judging all members of a group by a few.  The gay people who exercise tyranny about cake baking and stuff like that are extremely irritating but they are in the minority as are the flagrant marchers in bizarre makeup and costumes.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Hoodat

The gay people who exercise tyranny about cake baking and stuff like that are extremely irritating

Those filing suit against bakeries are not the ones exercising tyranny.  It is the judicial branch of government using the point of a gun to enforce its morality upon others in direct contradiction to the Constitution that is enforcing tyranny here.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
But I'll say it again - there is nothing immoral or sinful for two people to be faithful and true to one another.

God specifically states otherwise when two men or two women engage in sex together, regardless of what the god of your imagination tells you.

And I am sick and tired of self-righteous Bible thumpers slandering good folks.   Tend to your own house.

I'm sick and tired of people like you pushing wickedness on people as a virtuous good while declaring those standing up for biblical morality as an evil.  The Gay Mafia has no interest in tending to it's own house, but rather put Christians out of business when they will not embrace and celebrate homosexual perversions.  Their own leaders plainly state that is their agenda and goal.  So blow it out your rear-end in terms of telling us to shut up.  Not gonna happen. 

Offline roamer_1

That assumes you've correctly identified the sin.   The couple that is faithful and true to each other has not sinned.

There are but a few things so terribly aberrant that the very land will spit you out.
Homosexuality is one of those.
Adultery (there's your infidelity) is another.

We don't get to decide which abomination is ok and which abomination is not. Yahweh abhors BOTH.

And yes, I am an equal opportunity offender -I don't tolerate either one.

Offline musiclady

By "self-righteous Bible thumpers" don't you really mean people who believe that the Bible is God's word and speaks truth?

And by "slandering good folk" don't you really mean just stating what the Bible is very clear about as wrong?

As I see it, you're "slandering" a very large group of people who believe that Scripture actually means what it says about immorality.

You don't get to call the shots about what's moral and what isn't Jazz.  That's already been done by the Creator, who created marriage.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
By "self-righteous Bible thumpers" don't you really mean people who believe that the Bible is God's word and speaks truth?

And by "slandering good folk" don't you really mean just stating what the Bible is very clear about as wrong?

As I see it, you're "slandering" a very large group of people who believe that Scripture actually means what it says about immorality.

You don't get to call the shots about what's moral and what isn't Jazz.  That's already been done by the Creator, who created marriage.

If you believe that the Bible says that homosexuality is a sin,  then don't practice it.  Or, if God made you gay (as He most certainly has for a small percentage of us), deny who you are for the rest of your life, and hope He rewards you for your self-flagellating piety.

If the foregoing describes you, then you're not a self-righteous Bible thumper.   You're a self-righteous Bible thumper when you insist that the State enforce a fundamentalist view of "Biblical morality" even when it causes real harm to good folks who seek to be faithful and true to one another.     

« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 05:44:29 pm by Jazzhead »