Author Topic: GOP lawmakers in North Carolina introduce bill to restore ban on same-sex marriage  (Read 48688 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Actually, a holy, righteous and just god would find it hilarious. A loving, rational, and understanding god doesn't judge, doesn't punish, and doesn't condemn anyone for sacrilege. He just loves...and I imagine...laughs at the delusions of grandeur all too common amongst his creation.

On the other hand...a human constructed, fear based, tyrannical and petty god would be terribly offended. So in that, you're right, music.

Sounds like something a loony leftist would say.  I guess I could safely say that the Bible isn't for you.  A god that doesn't punish?  Not for anything right?

Sounds like Anarchy to me.  Also self destruction.

Someone made a comment about the Bible being a manual.  I agree that is pretty much what it is.  A manual for living.  Unlike you I find limitations loving.  Sin leads to problems which take over a persons life and cause them great grief.  God is the father in Heaven and just as any loving father would do he gives instructions so that your life will go well.  How many times when we are young our parents say don't do this because this is what can happen?  That is what God does too.  Breaks the chains of sin and destruction.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Jesus.  Single guy, never married...hangs out at wild parties with the "bad kids"...turns water into wine...loves weddings...sensitive and touchy feely...hangs around with 12 other fellas wherever he goes. You do the math. Catcher or pitcher...who knows.

Probably the most stereotyped essay of ignorance I've ever read as regards the "homosexual lifestyle". What would you define as the "heterosexual lifestyle"? The truth is, your statistics are made up...and your grouping of all homosexuals into a singular "lifestyle" is ludicrous. Comical even, if it weren't so dangerous in the way it dehumanizes a whole class of people. Gays make up a very small percentage of people in general, so the fact those among them who ARE monogamous choose to sanctify their union on a permanent bases hardly impacts other married persons or society. In fact, given your absurd assertion that they all have thousands of lovers...I'd think you'd favor a method for imposing monogamy on such terrible "fornicators".

I have to agree with a LOT of what you said.  I don't think Jesus would be in favor of hate or intolerance for people who have done nothing to hurt us except offend us by their lifestyle... but that's not intentional 99% of the time.

Society has been vicious in its treatment of misfits in the past.  I would hope we've grown up a little.

Very few gays would opt for marriage, especially males.  But I have known faithful gay couples who might do so.

The thing that really hurts society is infidelity.  Sorry if that hurts some of the self-righteous among us.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Chosen Daughter

I have to agree with a LOT of what you said.  I don't think Jesus would be in favor of hate or intolerance for people who have done nothing to hurt us except offend us by their lifestyle... but that's not intentional 99% of the time.

Society has been vicious in its treatment of misfits in the past.  I would hope we've grown up a little.

Very few gays would opt for marriage, especially males.  But I have known faithful gay couples who might do so.

The thing that really hurts society is infidelity.  Sorry if that hurts some of the self-righteous among us.

Just like liberals reinventing history.  This is reinventing Jesus to be what serves you and your beliefs.  Has nothing to do with the Bible.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Just like liberals reinventing history.  This is reinventing Jesus to be what serves you and your beliefs.  Has nothing to do with the Bible.

Sweetie, I've studied the Bible in far more depth than you have and much longer .... at least I would bet on it.

In my opinion, and this is not to hurt you, your are one of those people who USE the Bible to justify your own prejudices.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Sweetie, I've studied the Bible in far more depth than you have and much longer .... at least I would bet on it.

In my opinion, and this is not to hurt you, your are one of those people who USE the Bible to justify your own prejudices.

I don't have a prejudice.  I have a gay relative.  Doesn't mean that I would try to change the Bible to accommodate his lifestyle. 

And I would not bet on it sweetie.  Please enlighten me with your knowledge of the Bible and where it approves of any sexual sin.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 05:36:06 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

I don't have a prejudice.  I have a gay relative.  Doesn't mean that I would try to change the Bible to accommodate his lifestyle. 

And I would not bet on it sweetie.  Please enlighten me with your knowledge of the Bible and where it approves of any sexual sin.

You really like to argue, don't you?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I don't think Jesus would be in favor of hate or intolerance for people who have done nothing to hurt us except offend us by their lifestyle...

How biblically ignorant are you? 

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor those who submit to or perform homosexual acts, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor verbal abusers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God - I Corinthians 6:9-10

It's not "hate" to declare sin and wickedness what it is when eternal life is at stake.

It's only "hate" when the wicked do not want to hear the Word of the Lord or to know that people think their behavior is evil or wrong.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 05:38:06 am by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline roamer_1

Calling sin as sin has never been popular. @Chosen Daughter is stone-dead right on the money.

Offline Chosen Daughter

You really like to argue, don't you?

I gave you the opportunity to prove your point knowing that you could not.  Its make believe.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Either you never understood what you read, or you skipped over those parts you did not like.

"So then, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do likewise will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven." - Matthew 5:19

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

geronl

Only idiots who would send their kids to NAMBLA conventions.

They have forced their perversion into our lives, that is enough reason to fight back.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 06:09:34 am by geronl »

Offline Chosen Daughter

Either you never understood what you read, or you skipped over those parts you did not like.

"So then, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do likewise will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven." - Matthew 5:19

So that we are not misleading.  Lets see what God thinks.

http://www.biblestudytools.com/dictionaries/bakers-evangelical-dictionary/immorality-sexual.html

http://www.biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/bible-verses-about-sex/

Why God Hates Sexual Immorality

Why does God hate sexual immorality? Because in some way sexual sin is more serious than other forms of rebellion. In 1 Corinthians 6:18 we read these surprising words: “Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body.” Biblical scholars debate the meaning of the words but this much is clear: Sexual sin makes a mockery of the significant physical and spiritual union bound up in the sexual relationship. As the Reformation Study Bible points out, “in Paul’s teaching, the physical union involved in sexual immorality has special consequences because it interferes with our Christian identity as people who have been united with Christ through the Holy Spirit.” Those who are united with Christ have no business being united with a prostitute or anyone else to whom they are not married.

Sexual sin degrades and misuses the body which God indwells as his temple.

Sexual sin degrades and misuses the body which God indwells as his temple. “Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body” (1 Corinthians 6:19-20). It is worth pointing out the similar language Paul uses to describe idolatry and sexual immorality. Both are signs of deep rebellion against God.

https://www.challies.com/articles/god-hates-sexual-immorality
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 06:09:19 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Actually, a holy, righteous and just god would find it hilarious. A loving, rational, and understanding god doesn't judge, doesn't punish, and doesn't condemn anyone for sacrilege. He just loves...and I imagine...laughs at the delusions of grandeur all too common amongst his creation.

On the other hand...a human constructed, fear based, tyrannical and petty god would be terribly offended. So in that, you're right, music.
But God created man in His image, and despite your best efforts, you have it backward. You'd paint Him as a queer despite that little thing of destroying Sodom and Gomorrah. But that's between you and Him. Denigrate Him at your personal and eternal peril.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

If you are so familiar with the bible, then you know this:

Matthew 18:15-18 ESV
“If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses. If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector. Truly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

It isn't hate, hon, but an obligation:
Ezekiel 33:7-12 ESV
“So you, son of man, I have made a watchman for the house of Israel. Whenever you hear a word from my mouth, you shall give them warning from me. If I say to the wicked, O wicked one, you shall surely die, and you do not speak to warn the wicked to turn from his way, that wicked person shall die in his iniquity, but his blood I will require at your hand. But if you warn the wicked to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, that person shall die in his iniquity, but you will have delivered your soul. “And you, son of man, say to the house of Israel, Thus have you said: ‘Surely our transgressions and our sins are upon us, and we rot away because of them. How then can we live?’ Say to them, As I live, declares the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live; turn back, turn back from your evil ways, for why will you die, O house of Israel?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

The fact that you agreed with that multi paragraph work of bull shite Mesc posted...it seems to be it's you using the Bible to justify your own prejudices.

You may have studied the Bible for years... but it doesn't seem in all that time you've come to understand the teachings within.

There's a BIG difference.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Neither does a Holy, Righteous, and Just God.......    **nononono*

Who is diminished not at all by the prattling of either the wise or fools.

Seriously, do you even notice when an amoeba takes a bite out of you?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Hoodat

Ah, the kingdom of heaven.  The very crux of Jesus' teachings.  Also the most overlooked teaching in the entire Bible.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

Matthew 6:33
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Yes,  this.   Infidelity is the sin,  faithlessness is the sin.   A loving and faithful couple that are true to each other through thick and thin are following in the path of the Lord - their sexual orientation is irrelevant.   

The Bible thumpers wouldn't recognize Jesus if He returns tomorrow.   They would resist and condemn His apostasy, because they would be terrified of His love.

Preach it, Emjay!   I've often wondered whether it is necessary to leave the Church to know Jesus.  But your wise words give me optimism that there are some Christians, at least, who will know Him when they see Him.     

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Calling sin as sin has never been popular.

That assumes you've correctly identified the sin.   The couple that is faithful and true to each other has not sinned. 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
That assumes you've correctly identified the sin.   The couple that is faithful and true to each other has not sinned.

The Word of the Lord says you are dead wrong.

"'Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is abominable sin". - Leviticus 18:24

"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor those who submit to or perform homosexual acts, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor verbal abusers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God." - I Corinthians 6:9-10

Homosexuality is wickedness and those who perform such acts will not inherit Life, but eternal death, contrary to your imagination of what you say God says is not a sin.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

And that is another instance where you're wrong.

Everyone is a sinner.  You...me...everyone who posts here. 

The reason we are able to get to Heaven is because Jesus died for our sins.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
The Word of the Lord says you are dead wrong.

"'Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is abominable sin". - Leviticus 18:24

"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor those who submit to or perform homosexual acts, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor verbal abusers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God." - I Corinthians 6:9-10

Homosexuality is wickedness and those who perform such acts will not inherit Life, but eternal death, contrary to your imagination of what you say God says is not a sin.

You don't know the mind of God (and neither do I).   But I am sick and disgusted at so-called Christians condemning good people, who are faithful and true to their partners.   

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
And that is another instance where you're wrong.

Everyone is a sinner.  You...me...everyone who posts here. 

The reason we are able to get to Heaven is because Jesus died for our sins.

Of course we're all sinners.   But the couple that is faithful and true to each other has not sinned.   And it is a disgrace to accuse one falsely of sin.   

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
You don't know the mind of God

I just quoted HIS WORD.  That IS HIS MIND.

But that is not the god you worship apparently.

But I am sick and disgusted at so-called Christians condemning good people, who are faithful and true to their partners.   

I'm sick and disgusted that pretend Christians push sin and abomination as righteousness upon us.

Offline musiclady

Of course we're all sinners.   But the couple that is faithful and true to each other has not sinned.   And it is a disgrace to accuse one falsely of sin.   

Actually, the disgrace is making up your own definition of what is and what is not sin, and ignoring Scripture.

You and I don't make the rules, Jazz.  God does. 

It's not how we feel about things that makes them right or wrong.  It's what God has said is right or wrong that matters.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.