Author Topic: Trump signs new travel ban targeting those seeking new visas  (Read 4012 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump signs new travel ban targeting those seeking new visas
« on: March 06, 2017, 04:47:05 pm »
Trump issues revised travel ban
By Katie Bo Williams and Jordan Fabian - 03/06/17 11:30 AM EST

President Trump on Monday issued a new executive order on immigration that includes key changes meant to help it withstand the legal challenges that torpedoed his previous travel ban.

The new order removes Iraq from the list of Muslim-majority countries from which travel is temporarily banned, avoiding a major diplomatic spat with a key partner in the fight against the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria.

more
http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/322475-trump-issues-new-immigration-order-meant-to-overcome-court
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LonestarDream

Re: Trump signs new travel ban targeting those seeking new visas
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 05:01:45 pm »
The new order removes Iraq

More Winning @don-o !!!!!!

Iraq is removed because we are eliminating RaDICAL Islam, or the Takfiris from Iraq.

Which means even more Winning!!!!

Not that anyone cares, but Iraq just took the second bridge in Mosul.  Even the global warming, whining kooks at the BBC had to report this.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 05:03:49 pm by LonestarDream »
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 05:56:28 pm »
This fixes the existing visa holder issue.

President Donald Trump on Monday signed a new version of his controversial travel ban, aiming to withstand court challenges while still barring new visas for citizens from six Muslim-majority countries and shutting down the U.S. refugee program.

The revised travel order leaves Iraq off the list of banned countries but still affects would-be visitors from Iran, Syria, Somalia, Sudan, Yemen and Libya....

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/white-house-says-president-trump-has-signed-revised-executive-order-on-temporary-travel-ban/ar-AAnQtrK?ocid=ansmsnnews11&pfr=1

« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 05:56:45 pm by AbaraXas »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 07:03:19 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/immigration/322515-the-3-strongest-arguments-against-trumps-revised-travel-ban
The 3 strongest arguments against Trump's revised travel ban

Still a stupid ban.  Don't think it will do one thing to stop terrorism in America.  Actually worse.  Doesn't include Iraq.  And especially still stops religious minorities who will be forced to go to other countries who have already accepted a majority of Muslim extremist refugees.  They most likely will be killed in refugee camps.

Other countries should be on this ban.  Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and lots of others.  Makes no sense.  Does nothing.  Why not just vet people carefully?  If they spent the effort to make and sign this bill they could have done the same without calling any particular country.  It would have been a bill to truly keep the country safe to create a vetting system by way nobody who want to do harm in this country will be able to enter.  A system which truly only allows those who have been hurt by ISIS.  Not based on country or religion but asylum for the truly needing people who have endured real hardship and tragedy.  This ban is a nothing burger.

As for the people who have converted from Islam to Christianity.  The United States says good luck to you.  No matter that Jesus is reaching Muslims who are responding and there are many getting saved.  But we aren't reaching them.  We are signing their death sentence.  We are the ones who will not give Jesus food or drink.

Matthew 25

The Judgment

31 “But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; 33 and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35 For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; 36 naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? 38 And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? 39 When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’

41 “Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; 42 for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink; 43 I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.’ 44 Then they themselves also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not [e]take care of You?’ 45 Then He will answer them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ 46 These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 07:31:40 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 07:16:33 pm »
Foreigners , especially potential terrorists, do not get constitutional rights.

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/immigration/322515-the-3-strongest-arguments-against-trumps-revised-travel-ban
The 3 strongest arguments against Trump's revised travel ban

Their attorneys general will probably press their claim that the Executive Order denies procedural due process by not affording some kind of hearing to those who are excluded and American citizens, universities and other institutions who want those travelers to be able to visit.

That’s a weak argument (despite its traction in the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals), because it is hard to imagine the content of any such hearing. Would a prospective traveler have to prove in some impromptu American tribunal, located abroad, that although traveling on an Iranian passport she was not in fact Iranian?  Would she have to prove that she was not a terrorist? Or would the government have to prove that she was a terrorist?  The idea of a hearing in this context seems unrealistic.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 07:19:47 pm »

"
    It is over-inclusive, barring young children and aging grandmothers from the six countries as well as fighting-age men.

It is under-inclusive, in that it has no effect on possible terrorists from those or other countries who are already in the United States.

And most important, the stated purpose of the ban is to create a pause so that extreme vetting measures can be established, but the current vetting procedures of travelers are already extreme.
"

Tell that to the victims of 911, Orlando, San Bernadino, Boston and Fort Dix

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 07:21:17 pm »
This fixes the existing visa holder issue.

Yes it does.  The only holes left would only be pursued by the ninth circus of alleged appeals court.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2017, 07:51:21 pm »
Travel ban 2.0, far better.   
This is what the first one should have been, and with an implementation date and clear directions for the airlines and TSA.    And then passionately explain to the American people why he feels it important to continue restrictions begun by the last president until the promised stronger vetting is in place and when that vetting process is expected to begin so that the restrictions can be eased.   Something the American people can understand, and that the media can't miss-report.   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2017, 08:01:26 pm »
Travel ban 2.0, far better.   
This is what the first one should have been, and with an implementation date and clear directions for the airlines and TSA.    And then passionately explain to the American people why he feels it important to continue restrictions begun by the last president until the promised stronger vetting is in place and when that vetting process is expected to begin so that the restrictions can be eased.   Something the American people can understand, and that the media can't miss-report.   

In the time it took to release this ban which does nothing they could have strengthened the vetting process. 

Such a limited ban on only 6? countries.  Iraq having been one of the 2 countries with extreme persecution against Christians and other minorities.  Dropping Iraq and the ability to bring Christians who have been persecuted makes this even more stupid than the first version.  If you were concerned about ISIS and terrorism you certainly would not completely drop Iraq from the ban.  Four months is a long time if you are a Christian in either of these countries.  What happened to Trumps plan for safe zones for persecuted people?

https://www.worldwatchmonitor.org/2016/11/4705683/

http://www.dailywire.com/news/10132/report-743-christians-attacked-muslims-refugee-amanda-prestigiacomo

http://www.christianpost.com/news/afghan-muslims-killing-christian-converts-in-european-refugee-camps-report-171781/

« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 08:03:12 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2017, 08:42:35 pm »
They need to do both.

In the time it took to release this ban which does nothing they could have strengthened the vetting process. 

Such a limited ban on only 6? countries.  Iraq having been one of the 2 countries with extreme persecution against Christians and other minorities.  Dropping Iraq and the ability to bring Christians who have been persecuted makes this even more stupid than the first version.  If you were concerned about ISIS and terrorism you certainly would not completely drop Iraq from the ban.  Four months is a long time if you are a Christian in either of these countries.  What happened to Trumps plan for safe zones for persecuted people?

https://www.worldwatchmonitor.org/2016/11/4705683/

http://www.dailywire.com/news/10132/report-743-christians-attacked-muslims-refugee-amanda-prestigiacomo

http://www.christianpost.com/news/afghan-muslims-killing-christian-converts-in-european-refugee-camps-report-171781/

Silver Pines

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2017, 09:00:31 pm »
It's not even a ban, it's a four-month moratorium.  But the media is acting as though no Middle-Easterner will ever be able to come here again.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2017, 12:48:19 am »
Still a stupid ban.  Don't think it will do one thing to stop terrorism in America.  Actually worse.  Doesn't include Iraq.  And especially still stops religious minorities who will be forced to go to other countries who have already accepted a majority of Muslim extremist refugees.  They most likely will be killed in refugee camps.

Other countries should be on this ban.  Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and lots of others.  Makes no sense.  Does nothing.  Why not just vet people carefully?  If they spent the effort to make and sign this bill they could have done the same without calling any particular country.  It would have been a bill to truly keep the country safe to create a vetting system by way nobody who want to do harm in this country will be able to enter.  A system which truly only allows those who have been hurt by ISIS.  Not based on country or religion but asylum for the truly needing people who have endured real hardship and tragedy.  This ban is a nothing burger.

As for the people who have converted from Islam to Christianity.  The United States says good luck to you.  No matter that Jesus is reaching Muslims who are responding and there are many getting saved.  But we aren't reaching them.  We are signing their death sentence.  We are the ones who will not give Jesus food or drink.

Matthew 25

The Judgment

31 “But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; 33 and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35 For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; 36 naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? 38 And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? 39 When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’

41 “Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; 42 for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink; 43 I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.’ 44 Then they themselves also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not [e]take care of You?’ 45 Then He will answer them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ 46 These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Do you have the first clue why these particular countries were included?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2017, 12:53:54 am »
The ban should also include California.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2017, 12:55:13 am »

You are a national treasure.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2017, 12:56:43 am »
Yes it does.  The only holes left would only be pursued by the ninth circus of alleged appeals court.

There is NO doubt the ACLU will find robed Marxists in that Circuit to enjoin this EO.

Every single reform Wisconsin Republicans attempted after Walker's election in 2010 was litigated before politically tainted Dane County jurists, enjoined, and eventually affirmed in the Wisconsin Supreme Court.   

This is the way the Left rolls.  Grassley needs to get AG Sesssion's deputies confirmed and Judge Gorsuch's nomination hearings underway.   Anything this Administration will do is likely to be litigated in front of Obama/Clinton jurists in the Ninth and other stacked Circuits, stayed and then affirmed before a Gorsuch included SCOTUS.

All the Left has is a corrupt Judiciary and lots of money to litigate.   We need to accept it and forge forward.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2017, 12:57:39 am »
Do you have the first clue why these particular countries were included?

Because he got them from Obama?

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2017, 01:01:43 am »

It's not a precise science, but I can track the demise of this forum to the arrival of you and several of your cohorts last April.

You really are off your rails.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2017, 01:02:31 am »

And the terrorist state Minnesota.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2017, 01:04:24 am »

I think that is right.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2017, 01:07:26 am »
It's not a precise science, but I can track the demise of this forum to the arrival of you and several of your cohorts last April.

You really are off your rails.

I am the demise of this forum?  I don't have any cohorts. 

I didn't know that this is a forum where you are not allowed to question Trump. 

My post was directed at Christians to examine carefully what they are doing.  This ban is much worse in the way that it also excludes Christians that in 4 months will not be alive.

And he did get the countries from Obama.  He said so himself.  So it means he got the list of countries that were designated by Hillary.  I know they are countries which have terrorism.  Syria and Libya especially.  What about Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Iraq and Egypt? Among the others.  And check out the thread I started today.  Show all of the countries in which ISIS have established themselves.  Nobody commented.  I guess its hard when you want to pretend your safe.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 01:13:11 am by Chosen Daughter »

Wingnut

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2017, 01:10:34 am »

And include anyone who quotes scripture in their posts.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 01:10:56 am by Wingnut »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2017, 01:11:36 am »
You are a national treasure.

My current insurance premiums reflect that.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2017, 01:27:02 am »
but I can track the demise of this forum to the arrival of you and several of your cohorts last April.

Enough of that...demise...I didn't know we were dead.
Support the USO

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2017, 03:42:34 am »
Enough of that...demise...I didn't know we were dead.

This forum is more active than any others I have seen.