Author Topic: Trump signs new travel ban targeting those seeking new visas  (Read 4010 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Trump signs new travel ban targeting those seeking new visas
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2017, 01:32:54 pm »
Here's the full executive order:  https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/03/06/executive-order-protecting-nation-foreign-terrorist-entry-united-states

The order is 16 sections long ... with answers to many of the questions/issues raised on this thread ...and well worth the read.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2017, 05:10:26 pm »
Terrorism is solved?  You have an extremely false perception about terrorism.  Safety has not been achieved.  We have a wide open door to countries that are experiencing terrorism crisis.  For instance Egypt.  Christians are fleeing Egypt due to ISIS killing spree.  If we close the door to Syria but leave the door open to Egypt how is it that you are safe from ISIS? 

Hundreds of Christians Flee Egypt's North Sinai Amid ISIS Killing Spree

? Monday, February 27, 2017 | ?Tags: ISIS, WorthyNews, Tag Cloud

(Worthy News) - Hundreds of Christians in Egypt's North Sinai province fled the area Friday after the Islamic State terror group killed seven Christians in just three weeks.

Reuters says one of its reporters saw at least 25 families from the Evangelical Church in Sinai in the city of Ismailia on the Suez Canal.

Church officials were quoted as saying that 100 of the roughly 160 families in North Sinai were fleeing. More than 200 students studying in el-Arish, the province's capital, have also left.

https://www.worthynews.com/25205-hundreds-christians-flee-egypts-north-sinai-amid-isis-killing-spree

We'll never be completely safe but to do nothing at all is certainly no the answer.  This travel ban is not perfect but it is excellent.  Iraq was exempted because it was felt they have a better vetting system.  That, or it is some evil plot that only you and a few others know about.

The world was always dangerous in some ways.  Just ask Abel.  That doesn't mean that every effort to make it safer for America should be dissected and criticized until people just say, oh, heck, let's take up knitting and not try anything.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2017, 05:19:07 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/immigration/322515-the-3-strongest-arguments-against-trumps-revised-travel-ban
The 3 strongest arguments against Trump's revised travel ban

Excellent work on somebody's part.  Instead of a never ending judicial battle, the administration studied the ruling and amended it to address the main concern of the judges, while still keeping it effective.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2017, 05:21:07 pm »
Still a stupid ban.  Don't think it will do one thing to stop terrorism in America.  Actually worse.  Doesn't include Iraq.  And especially still stops religious minorities who will be forced to go to other countries who have already accepted a majority of Muslim extremist refugees.  They most likely will be killed in refugee camps.

Other countries should be on this ban.  Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and lots of others.  Makes no sense.  Does nothing.  Why not just vet people carefully?  If they spent the effort to make and sign this bill they could have done the same without calling any particular country.  It would have been a bill to truly keep the country safe to create a vetting system by way nobody who want to do harm in this country will be able to enter.  A system which truly only allows those who have been hurt by ISIS.  Not based on country or religion but asylum for the truly needing people who have endured real hardship and tragedy.  This ban is a nothing burger.

As for the people who have converted from Islam to Christianity.  The United States says good luck to you.  No matter that Jesus is reaching Muslims who are responding and there are many getting saved.  But we aren't reaching them.  We are signing their death sentence.  We are the ones who will not give Jesus food or drink.

Matthew 25

The Judgment

31 “But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; 33 and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35 For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; 36 naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? 38 And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? 39 When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’

41 “Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; 42 for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink; 43 I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.’ 44 Then they themselves also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not [e]take care of You?’ 45 Then He will answer them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ 46 These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

OMG.  You obviously read the Bible.  Did you ever read the Chronicles of Narnia.  There was a character in them you might like .. he was called Puddleglum.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2017, 05:24:24 pm »
It's not a precise science, but I can track the demise of this forum to the arrival of you and several of your cohorts last April.

You really are off your rails.

There's no exact science but you may be close ... with some notable exceptions.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2017, 05:25:39 pm »
Enough of that...demise...I didn't know we were dead.

We're not dead, but some of us are gasping for air.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2017, 05:30:44 pm »
Child psychologists often tell children who like to make their points by hitting, "Use Your Words."

Just hit me, Chosen

Wingnut

« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2017, 05:32:44 pm »
@Wingnut, your humorous post brought this to mind...

Job 8:21 “He will yet fill your mouth with laughter, and your lips with shouting.”

LOL

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2017, 05:42:11 pm »
We're not dead, but some of us are gasping for air.

ad nau·se·am

/ad ˈnôzēəm/

adverb

adverb: ad nauseam

referring to something that has been done or repeated so often that it has become annoying or tiresome.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2017, 05:47:14 pm »
Child psychologists often tell children who like to make their points by hitting, "Use Your Words."

Just hit me, Chosen

I guess you didn't learn from your child psychiatrist did you.  You like to hit.  Thinking that you can get everyone on your nauseas bandwagon.  I used to respect you but since you now sit with your face up Trumps butt you can't make even one serious comment.  It is always the same.  Attack someone else for not worshipping Trump.  Why don't you make some serious posts with your idea's rather than attack other members?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 05:48:43 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2017, 05:48:45 pm »
ad nau·se·am

/ad ˈnôzēəm/

adverb

referring to something that has been done or repeated so often that it has become annoying or tiresome.

Never heard of that definition before. Ad Nauseum generally refers to that feeling you get when another awful Flo from Progressive ad comes on the television for the 15th time in an hour....

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2017, 05:56:55 pm »
I guess you didn't learn from your child psychiatrist did you.  You like to hit.  Thinking that you can get everyone on your nauseas bandwagon.  I used to respect you but since you now sit with your face up Trumps butt you can't make even one serious comment.  It is always the same.  Attack someone else for not worshipping Trump.  Why don't you make some serious posts with your idea's rather than attack other members?

OOOOH! My favorite hobby is watching a good cat fight. Carry on ladies. Carry on.....

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2017, 06:02:54 pm »
Never heard of that definition before. Ad Nauseum generally refers to that feeling you get when another awful Flo from Progressive ad comes on the television for the 15th time in an hour....

Well you get it then.  Its like the stalking posts where people follow you around to question whether you are Rhino or liberal.  Stating that your sole purpose is to destroy Trump because you secretly wished Hillary (sick) won.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2017, 06:03:08 pm »
ad nau·se·am

/ad ˈnôzēəm/

adverb

Attention, Mystery AK,  I did not say this in reference to Chosen Daughter.  She said it herself.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2017, 06:06:11 pm »
OOOOH! My favorite hobby is watching a good cat fight. Carry on ladies. Carry on.....

Well, don't bet on me, Frank, I believe the other person has more stamina.

Wingnut

« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2017, 06:06:29 pm »
Attention, Mystery AK,  I did not say this in reference to Chosen Daughter.  She said it herself.

Don't worry.  She's so crazy even I can hear the voices in her head.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2017, 06:12:22 pm »
Don't worry.  She's so crazy even I can hear the voices in her head.

I probably could also but apparently my head is way up Trump's butt. 

Offline Mod2

« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2017, 06:14:57 pm »
Cut it out, all of you. Get back on topic.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2017, 06:18:34 pm »
I probably could also but apparently my head is way up Trump's butt.

Muffled.  Why you don't hear correctly.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2017, 06:19:34 pm »
Muffled.  Why you don't hear correctly.

Mommy's here.  Cut it out now or I will tell on you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2017, 06:29:59 pm »
Mommy's here.  Cut it out now or I will tell on you.

If it makes you feel better but I think Mod 2 doesn't need your help.

Offline dancer

« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2017, 01:00:51 pm »
John 10:1  Enter threw the front gate.  Anyone entering any other way is a thief & robber.

Wingnut

« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2017, 01:45:19 pm »
John 10:1  Enter threw the front gate.  Anyone entering any other way is a thief & robber.

We will not be talking about turd burglarizing on this thread if you please..